Thursday, March 19, 2009
WADL TV 38 features Detroit's only local dance show Dance Party, and nationally known programming such as Cribs, American Chopper, RENO 911, Dave Chappell's Show, and Cheaters. In addition, the station already specializes in classic programming such as Good Times, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Fat Albert, The A-Team, In The Heat of the Night and up and coming to the lineup, Steve Harvey, Brian McKnight, The Brady Bunch and many others.
Currently the classic TV line-up on weekdays starting at 4PM is The Jeffersons, Sanford & Son, The A-Team, The Rockford Files, Fat Albert, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, A Different World, In the Heat of the Night, Good Times, M*A*S*H, The Odd Couple, Magnum P.I., Hawaii Five-0, and What's Happening Now!!
So, the new programming will start Monday, March 30. Weekdays starting 4PM: Fat Albert, The Brady Bunch, Beverly Hillbillies, I Love Lucy, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Sanford & Son, Fresh Prince, A Different World, The Honeymooners, In The Heat of the Night, The Jeffersons, Good Times, M*A*S*H, The Odd Couple, Magnum P.I., Hawaii Five-0, and What's Happening Now!!
President Obama is as it again...with preempting primetime programming. This time it will be on Tuesday, March 24 at 8PM ET. I'm all for Obama, but come on this is crazy. Eastern/Central time zones will be mostly affected by this. I'll detail it by network.
First up ABC will air the Presidential News Conference with Obama live at 8pm ET/5pm PT. So in the eastern/central time zones, the return of According to Jim will be totally preempted. Dancing with the Stars: The Results and Primetime: What Would You Do? will air as scheduled following the news conference. Out in the mountain and pacific time zones, everything will air as normally scheduled, including According to Jim...but they will be repeats instead ("The Blankie" and "Cabin Boys"). So if you're in the east/central time zones and love According to Jim, you'll have to watch the repeats on abc.com the next day, or if you get ABC onDemand on your cable system. Not sure how this will affect ABC's finale date of May 5 for According to Jim. Will it be pushed back a week or will they air two episodes on a special night to catch up? I was looking forward to the return, because Constance Marie (George Lopez) was going to guest star and the second episode was directed by Penny Marshall.
CBS will air the Presidential News Conference with Obama live at 8pm ET/5pm PT. Following the address, they will air all-new episodes of NCIS and The Mentalist at special times of 9pm and 10pm ET/PT. Without a Trace will totally be preempted. Not sure yet what will air at 8pm PT/7pm MT, but that could go back to local affiliates or CBS could air a NCIS repeat there leading into a new NCIS.
NBC will air the Presidential News Conference with Obama live at 8pm ET/5pm PT, pushing The Biggest Loser an hour back from 8-10pm to 9-11pm ET/PT. So, Law & Order: SVU is totally preempted. For mountain/pacific time zones at 8pm PT/7pm MT you will see a special Dateline episode leading into The Biggest Loser at a special time.
Finally, most affected by Obama is Fox. Fox will have to totally scrap a two-hour American Idol Tuesday. They will air the Presidential News Conference with Obama live at 8pm ET/5pm PT. A House repeat will follow at 9pm ET/8pm CT. House will also air at 9pm PT/8pm MT. King of the Hill repeats will fill the hour at 8pm PT/7pm MT. The regular Tuesday installment of Idol will be moved to Wednesday 8-10pm ET/PT, so that means an episode of Lie to Me will have to be preempted that week. And the regular results of Idol Wednesday will have to be moved to Thursday, March 26 from 8-9pm ET/PT preempting Bones. Instead of this mess, couldn't Fox just have aired Idol 9-11pm ET on Tuesday and air it in its normal time in the mountain/pacific time zones instead of causing mass confusion? I know Fox doesn't schedule at 10pm, but the local affiliates wouldn't mind, I'm sure.
I'm on my way to a quick trip to Houston in literally minutes, so I'll see you back live on Sunday when I return...but please do come on by tomorrow (great story!) and Saturday (blog DVD review) as I have already done those stories for those days set to post on their own. Ain't technology grand?
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 26
Liv and Maddie - "Neighbors-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv rekindles her friendship with Holden Dippledorf in the midst of a family feud; Joey meets someone new at his Intergalactic Council meeting.
Dog with a Blog - "Stan Sleep Talks" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan starts talking in his sleep; the kids ask Bennett for psychological advice to help Stan with his problem.
Thursday, March 26
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Catch Zooey on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jimmie Walker (Good Times/At Ease/Bustin' Loose) - Jimmie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elisha Cuthbert (One Big Happy/Happy Endings) - Elisha appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She also hangs at the kitchen table on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Natasha Leggero (Free Agents) - Natasha is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Elle Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Elle stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Regina King (227) - Regina stops by The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. She talks about dating in Hollywood and reveals behind the scenes secrets from the set of the hit show Scandal on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (Freddie) - Freddie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Penelope Ann Miller (A Minute with Stan Hooper/The Popcorn Kid) - Penelope talks about her new series American Crime on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy talks about Mr. Selfridge and Entourage on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Richard Kind (Mad About You/Spin City) - Richard is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kelsey Grammer (Partners/Frasier/Cheers) - Kelsey is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 7:40am.