Monday, February 02, 2009
Beatrice Arthur, Rue McClanahan, Betty White and Estelle Getty star as four South Florida seniors sharing a house, their dreams and a whole lot of cheesecake. Bright, provocative, clueless, and hilarious, these lovely mismatched ladies form the perfect circle of friends. Experience an entire day of laugh-packed episodes from this landmark television series as The Hallmark Channel launches with an all-day marathon on Sunday, March 1 from 8:30am-3:00am ET/PT! Then the show will air Monday-Friday starting March 2 from 9am-10am (replacing The Waltons), 4pm-5pm (moving I Love Lucy to 3-4pm) and 11pm-1am (replacing Murder, She Wrote). The show will air on weekends as well...Saturdays starting March 7 from 7:30am-9am (cutting I Love Lucy's block in half) and Sundays starting March 8 from 10am-12pm (cutting 7th Heaven's block in half). So The Waltons and Murder, She Wrote seem to have left the regular line-up totally. But since those two are leaving and The Golden Girls is coming, one other show will return as well! Cheers returns to the Hallmark Channel line-up airing weeknights 2am-3am replacing an episode of Walker, Texas Ranger. Walker's 1am airing will be replaced by a double shot of I Love Lucy as well from 1am-2am weeknights. Don't worry Walker fans, the show will still air weeknights at 7pm and 8pm, but now from 11pm-3am weeknights on Hallmark are all sitcoms (Golden Girls, I Love Lucy, Cheers)! We still don't have WE tv's March schedule, as soon as we do we'll let you know when Golden Girls is airing over there and other changes they might have.
View the full Hallmark Channel March 2009 line-up!
Meanwhile over on ION Television, they also will have a returning series. ER returns to ION next week starting on Monday, Feb. 9 airing Monday nights at 8:00pm ET/PT replacing one airing of NCIS. NCIS will still air Mondays from 9-11pm. ER didn't do so well on ION and was replaced quickly last fall. Now the series is back for another try. NCIS and Boston Legal have done very well for ION and ION hopes ER can do similar numbers. ER will start with the season 12 episode "No Place to Hide" and go in order from there.
In other ION news, NBC's recent miniseries Last Templar (2009) will air on ION on Saturday, Feb. 7 and Sunday, Feb. 15 from 7-11pm on both nights. The two-part mini-series starring Mira Sorvino and Victor Garber did so-so for NBC doing average in viewers but not so good in 18-49.
If you forgot the rest of ION February 2009, head on over to our thread for more details.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 2
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Slump" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake has a slew of unsolved cases that he can’t seem to close, and the other detectives don’t want his losing streak to rub off on them. Meanwhile, Holt asks Amy to run lead on the Junior Policeman Program for at-risk youth, and she enlists Rosa and Gina’s help. Also, Boyle helps Sergeant Jeffords with a special case he cannot solve.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "M.E. time" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Much to the team’s annoyance, Jake hits on an attractive medical examiner, Dr. Rossi (guest star Ellis), at a crime scene and holds up the autopsy report. He learns his lesson when Dr. Rossi turns out to be more than he bargained for. Meanwhile, Amy’s purse-snatching case is stalled when the sketch artist is out sick, but she discovers that Sgt. Jeffords has hidden artistic talents.
Sunday, August 3
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Leah is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Ryan Stiles (The Drew Carey Show) - Ryan appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- McKaley Miller (Partners) - McKaley visits The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Matt Walsh (Veep) - Matt talks about his new film Into the Storm on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.