Friday, January 16, 2009
Other than that, we learned mainly about storyline questions for the hot ABC dramas, so I won't give that away since it could be spoilery for some. Let's just say, if you don't like the Denny-Izzie ghost storyline, keep watching...you have no idea what is happening. He did say he was very happy with Private Practice and the crossover episodes between that and Grey's Anatomy should be big. Still no idea when they are officially airing, but I have a hunch they start on Feb. 12 (or maybe March sweeps?). There are still no airdates for the final Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money and Eli Stone episodes. There is a rumor saying June, though. McPherson says he loved all three and it is too bad Nielsen didn't either. He was also happy that Marc Cherry decided to extend Desperate Housewives beyond season seven. He was also happy with the Boston Legal finale and it ended their own way, while Dancing with the Stars was a blast, especially Cloris Leachman. The upcoming edition he says has a good core group. Can't wait until it is announced! And as Nina Tasler of CBS said, McPherson is pleased with what NBC did at 10pm. Less of a bidding war now.
After the executive session we had a panel for the upcoming single-camera sitcom Better Off Ted. Then it was time for lunch and a viewing session of Lost with a question & answer with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse! Probably the most anticipated session of all of TCA. The third episode of the season was screened for the press prior to the q&a, as the press has already saw the first two episodes (like me...it is great stuff!). After that, panels for many other upcoming spring series were up: The Unusals, Castle, In the Motherhood, The Goode Family, and Cupid. Launch dates for the new dramas The Unusuals, Castle, and Cupid were already announced from ABC early last month. To recap, The Unusuals will launch Wednesday, April 8 at 10pm following Lost. Castle will launch with Dancing with the Stars' new season on Monday, March 9 at 10pm, while Cupid will air Tuesdays at 10pm following Dance's results show.
The AFI Life Achievement Awards are moving from USA Network to TV Land starting this year. TV Land has signed a four-year deal to showcase the awards annually. The 37th Annual AFI Life Achievement Awards will be taped on Thursday, June 11, 2009 in Los Angeles and will honor Michael Douglas. The event will be telecast on TV Land PRIME about 6 weeks or so later on Sunday, July 19, 2009 in primetime.
USA Network has had the awards since 2002. Previously the awards were on broadcast television on CBS, NBC, and ABC. The AFI Life Achievement Award is the highest honor for a career in film.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, June 30
Fresh Off the Boat - "Blind Spot" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica’s college boyfriend, Oscar Chow (guest star Rex Lee), comes to visit. She’s a bit miffed that Louis isn’t a little more jealous….but she’s got a blind spot and is completely oblivious to the fact that Oscar is gay. Meanwhile, Eddie goes to great lengths to get out of the school science fair.
black-ish - "Andre From Marseille" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Zoey brings home her first “serious” boyfriend, a boy from school also named Andre, Dre takes an instant dislike to him for many reasons, including the fact that he’s white, from France and rather worldly for a kid. He’s thrilled when they break up…until he learns that Andre dumped Zoey because she’s too shallow, something Dre takes as a personal affront.
Clipped - "Go Below" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ben is embarrassed after a one-night stand with Rita Doyle, considering her to be a "go- below." He's offended to find out that Rita is the one who thinks he is below her stature. Meanwhile, Danni is suspicious that a Spanish class that A.J. and Charmaine are taking together might be something more.
The Game - "Hashtag My Bad" (BET, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Keira's feelings for Malik; Tasha as ``Super Mom'' in People Magazine; chaos interrupts after a controversial statement.
Tuesday, June 30
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Watch Jamie on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Carla Gugino (The Brink/Spin City) - Carla is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Kaley appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS and on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Robert Guillaume (Benson/Soap/Sports Night) - Robert pays a special tribute to his fellow Soap and Benson castmates Katherine Helmond, Robert Mandan, Jay Johnson and Rene Auberjonois on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Victor Garber (Web Therapy) - Victor talks about his new movie Self/less on NBC's Today in the 9am hour New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella is a guest on People Now.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry and Billy Bush have a hilarious Seinfeld quiz on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.