Friday, January 16, 2009
Other than that, we learned mainly about storyline questions for the hot ABC dramas, so I won't give that away since it could be spoilery for some. Let's just say, if you don't like the Denny-Izzie ghost storyline, keep watching...you have no idea what is happening. He did say he was very happy with Private Practice and the crossover episodes between that and Grey's Anatomy should be big. Still no idea when they are officially airing, but I have a hunch they start on Feb. 12 (or maybe March sweeps?). There are still no airdates for the final Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money and Eli Stone episodes. There is a rumor saying June, though. McPherson says he loved all three and it is too bad Nielsen didn't either. He was also happy that Marc Cherry decided to extend Desperate Housewives beyond season seven. He was also happy with the Boston Legal finale and it ended their own way, while Dancing with the Stars was a blast, especially Cloris Leachman. The upcoming edition he says has a good core group. Can't wait until it is announced! And as Nina Tasler of CBS said, McPherson is pleased with what NBC did at 10pm. Less of a bidding war now.
After the executive session we had a panel for the upcoming single-camera sitcom Better Off Ted. Then it was time for lunch and a viewing session of Lost with a question & answer with Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse! Probably the most anticipated session of all of TCA. The third episode of the season was screened for the press prior to the q&a, as the press has already saw the first two episodes (like me...it is great stuff!). After that, panels for many other upcoming spring series were up: The Unusals, Castle, In the Motherhood, The Goode Family, and Cupid. Launch dates for the new dramas The Unusuals, Castle, and Cupid were already announced from ABC early last month. To recap, The Unusuals will launch Wednesday, April 8 at 10pm following Lost. Castle will launch with Dancing with the Stars' new season on Monday, March 9 at 10pm, while Cupid will air Tuesdays at 10pm following Dance's results show.
The AFI Life Achievement Awards are moving from USA Network to TV Land starting this year. TV Land has signed a four-year deal to showcase the awards annually. The 37th Annual AFI Life Achievement Awards will be taped on Thursday, June 11, 2009 in Los Angeles and will honor Michael Douglas. The event will be telecast on TV Land PRIME about 6 weeks or so later on Sunday, July 19, 2009 in primetime.
USA Network has had the awards since 2002. Previously the awards were on broadcast television on CBS, NBC, and ABC. The AFI Life Achievement Award is the highest honor for a career in film.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 9
Last Man Standing - "Ping-pong" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Vanessa tries to educate Eve on why she should be more on board with having a woman president. Meanwhile, after Ed mentions to Mike that he hasn’t seen his own daughter for years, Mike and Mandy try to figure out what they have in common.
Dr. Ken - "The Seminar" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the office celebrates a promotion for Clark, Ken is oblivious since he lives in his own world...it's the last straw for Clark dealing with Ken's selfish ways. Clark writes a fake complaint comment card about Ken, so he's forced to attend a training seminar for better bedside manners, which leaves Allison at home to have dinner with Ken's parents.
Undataeable - "A Will They Walks Into a Bar" / "A Won't They Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Danny (Chris D'Elia) decides to interfere as Justin (Brent Morin) and Candace (Bridgit Mendler) are on the verge of making things official. Burski (Rick Glassman) surprises everyone that when he announces he has a girlfriend. Meanwhile, Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) decides it's time to change up her look.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Rah Rah" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley really wants to be a cheerleader; when the tryouts begin, she's determined to make the squad.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Results" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela's mammogram results are in; she stresses out all day.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Richard's Break" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha brings a man to C-Sports while Richard is working late; Richard loses his head.
Friday, October 9
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Watch Whoopi on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ravi Patel (Grandfathered) - Ravi appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim discusses the second season of Madam Secretary on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is in the house on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso takes the AOL BUILD stage to discuss his new gig as the host of the hit ABC series America’s Funniest Home Videos on the AOL Build Show. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 3pm.
- Malin Akerman (Sin City Saints/Trophy Wife) - Malin talks about Final Girls on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Raven-Symone takes on Mario in a soul food cook-off on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura is a guest on People Now.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Dr. Ken - Ken Jeong, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Dave Foley and Suzy Nakamura are guests on The Real, so check your local listings.