Thursday, November 13, 2008
TV Land has ordered six half-hour episodes of How'd You Get So Rich?, in which Rivers will visit big estates across the country and interview their well-heeled occupants. The series is executive produced by Mark Burnett and Zoo Productions.
Produced by Granada America, First Love, Second Chance reunites long-broken-up couples to see if any chemistry remains. TV Land has ordered six episodes of this 60-minute series. It is unclear when these series will actually launch, but it will be sometime in 2009.
In the '80's television sitcom Married With Children, David Faustino played girl crazy little bro Bud Bundy. Entertainment Tonight has the Bundys together again -- but has Bud been replaced by Seth Green? It's all a part of David's new Web comedy Star-ving coming to Sony's Crackle.com in January for 13 episodes. The funnyman plays a former child star, down on his luck in life and love but thinks everything's about to change when a Married With Children, big screen adaptation is announced. Ed Asner (Mary Tyler Moore Show) also will be in this series. For more info on this, tune into Entertainment Tonight...tonight. Check local listings for time and channel in your area.
Fox has announced the final season of Emmy Award-winning sketch comedy series MADtv. Now in its 14th year, MADtv will air its 326th and final original episode in May 2009. MADtv airs Saturdays (11:00 PM-Midnight) on Fox.
Since its debut in October 1995, MADtv has earned four Emmy Awards and 41 nominations, as well as many other awards. The politically incorrect, fast-paced late-night series is best known for its signature characters, celebrity impersonations and pop-culture parodies.
The current MADtv cast is Bobby Lee, Keegan-Michael Key, Nicole Parker, Crista Flanagan, Arden Myrin, Johnny Sanchez, Erica Ash, Matt Braunger, Eric Price and Lauren Pritchard. MADtv has also helped launch the careers of several well-known actors and comedians including Michael McDonald, Alex Borstein, Orlando Jones, Mo Collins, Debra Wilson, Frank Caliendo, Artie Lange, Nicole Sullivan, Will Sasso, Stephnie Weir, Aries Spears and others. The Saturday-night staple has featured wildly popular impersonations of Whitney Houston, Connie Chung, Kenny Rogers, Britney Spears, Ellen DeGeneres and Morgan Freeman.
Over the last 14 seasons, MADtv has featured guest appearances by numerous celebrities including Ryan Seacrest, Queen Latifah, Jessica Simpson, Susan Sarandon, Carlos Mencia, Regis Philbin, Neil Patrick Harris, Shakira, Carmen Electra, Nicole Richie, Mandy Moore, Pamela Anderson, LL Cool J, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Tyra Banks, Jessica Alba, Serena Williams, Jay-Z, Halle Berry, Kathy Bates, Don Cheadle, Rebecca Romijn, Missy Elliott and Jeff Probst, among others.
Fox has not announced a replacement, if there will be any. The hour could go back to local stations for programming.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.