Monday, September 15, 2008
WB Shows on Fancast, TheWB.com, and on Comcast onDemand; Mama's Family Back on CMT; Saved by the Bell Removed from The N
TheWB.com's inaugural distribution partner will be Comcast, which will offer programming on multiple advertiser-supported platforms, including its online entertainment destination, Fancast.com, and its video-on-demand (VOD) service. Selected series available on the cable VOD (onDemand) platform include The OC, One Tree Hill and Veronica Mars, among others, all at no additional cost.
Comcast will also have access to classic TV content from Warner Bros. on Fancast.com and VOD (Comcast onDemand), which includes more than 700 episodes of series like CHiPs, Falcon Crest, Alice, The Jetsons, Gilligan's Island, Spenser: For Hire, The Fugitive, Wonder Woman and dozens more. The Comcast onDemand series and classic series is coming in the 4th quarter (between Oct-Dec), and we will let you know exactly when and the full list of series at launch time soon...so stay tuned! Additionally, Warner Bros. announced that Comcast and Fancast.com will also serve as an inaugural distribution partner for programming from the newly announced KidsWB.com, a premium, ad-supported destination built around youth-oriented, immersive entertainment.
Mama's Family is back on CMT this Saturday! The sitcom has been airing on and off since the end of December 2006 with a brief weekday run in June of last year. Check our labels below for Mama and CMT so you can see how it was airing in the past.
You can join Mama this Saturday night from 10pm-2am ET following a marathon of reality series Trading Spouses. Episodes 3-10 will air of Mama's Family this Saturday night.
Will Mama's Family see another marathon or in different blocks like it did before? We will let you know, but as of now, this is the only sighting for it. Fans should be happy as this is the first time the series is airing since ION took it off three months ago.
Starting tomorrow (Tuesday, September 16), The N will remove Saved by the Bell from its everyday timeslot of 7:00pm & 7:30pm ET/PT. An extra episode of Ned's Declassified and Zoey 101 will air instead now. So, Ned's Declassified will air 6-7:30 and Zoey 101 from 7:30-9. No reason was given for the change, but maybe it has to do with ratings, we're guessing. We'll let you know when and if Saved by the Bell returns. The rest of the schedule will remain the same as we posted previously, so only the 7pm hour is changing. I'm surprised Growing Pains is still airing weekdays at 11am-12pm, but I'm not complaining!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 31
2 Broke Girls - "And the Look of the Irish" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Max and Caroline try to break Nash (Austin Falk) into the modeling business in an effort to bring in extra money acting as his managers. Also, Sophie and Oleg attempt to keep celibate for 30 days before their wedding. Sandra Bernhard returns as Joe, owner of The High.
The Odd Couple - "Enlightening Strikes" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Felix substitute teaches a yoga class, his teaching style rubs everyone, including Emily, the wrong way. Also, Oscar and Dani get trapped on a subway car, adding to their frustration about living in the city, and Murph asks Teddy to be his agent when he’s approached to be the spokesperson for a Norwegian health supplement. Weird Al Yankovic guest stars as Steve, a student in Felix’s yoga class; Regis Philbin appears as Walter, a passenger on the subway; Geoff Stults returns as Murph.
Significant Mother - " Suffering & Scuccotash" (The CW, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
When Lydia's uptight mother visits unexpectedly, Lydia wants to hide her relationship with Jimmy; Grammy reveals a secret of her own.
Monday, August 31
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Watch Victoria on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a panelist and musical guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melora Hardin (Transparent/Wedding Band/The Office) - Melora is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Amy Landecker (Transparent) - Amy will be on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Rango) - Tim is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy are guests on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jeremy Sisto (Suburgatory) and David Walton (About a Boy/Bent/Perfect Couples) - Jeremy and David talk about their new film Break Point on NBC's Today in the 9am hour, on HuffPost Live at 3:00pm, on the AOL Build Show, on SI Now and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.