Sunday, September 14, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of September 1-7)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Special encore at 8:30pm following the preview airing of Hole in the Wall did 5.37 million, not bad.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.78 million for two repeats from 9-10pm is not too shabby.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.31 million for a repeat...up week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.6 million for a repeat airing and it built from the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.18 million for a repeat, up from previous week.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 7.22 million for a repeat, not bad at all. Remember this season the series will move to Wednesdays at 8.
- None...watch the 90-minute season finale of Wipeout on ABC this coming week!
- 'Til Death (Fox) - The season premiere did 6.06 million, at normal numbers, but is this really that good? It had a nice lead-in from Bones, or else it would have done worse.
- Do Not Disturb (Fox) - Series premiere of this new sitcom did just 4.65 million, as the clock is ticking if it doesn't build.
- My Name is Earl (NBC) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm following a special America's Got Talent did 5.19 million, but lost nearly 1/2 of its lead-in's numbers.
- The Office (NBC) 3 episodes - Very off scheduling of repeats from 9-10pm and 10:30pm made no sense...why not have just four straight episodes or just two? Anyway it did 4.4, 4.43 and dropped to 3.11 million. The 9pm hour was much better and actually built on from lead-in in 18-49.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A 10pm repeat did 3.39 million...not good.
Tonight you can catch encores Fox's animated comedies from 7-9 tonight only.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 17) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will air the Sunday Night Football game. Cable wise, go with Lifetime's Army Wives at 10pm following the premiere if their new movie Coco Chanel at 8, and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 airing I Love Money.
On Monday, ABC has the network television premiere of the movie Batman Begins from 8-11pm. NBC has an all-new night as well with Deal or No Deal, America's Toughest Jobs, and Dateline. Fox and The CW have their regular season line-ups started with Fox having Sarah Connor Chronicles and an all-new Prison Break. The CW has all-new episodes of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Cable wise it will be The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT from 9-11pm. VH1 has more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills & Exiled. Nickelodeon launches the new game show My Family's Got GUTS weeknights at 8pm for the next two weeks. And Monday Night Football on ESPN!
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is all-new with with the 90-minute season finale from 8-9:30pm followed by the new special Primetime: UFO's...Seeing Is Believing. NBC has the season premiere of the two-hour Biggest Loser: Families from 8-10. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Fox launches a new season of House at 8pm followed by new drama Fringe which disappointed a bit last week in the ratings for its premiere. And The CW has an all-new 90210 followed by a new Privileged. MNT is even new with Street Patrol and Jail. Cable wise ABC Family has its season premiere of Lincoln Heights at 8pm followed by a new Greek at 9pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, FX has a new The Shield at 10, and BET launches a new original comedy at 10pm called Somebodies.
On Wednesday NBC has a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. And Fox has an all-new Bones at 8pm followed by all-new episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death at 9 and Do Not Disturb at 9:30. The CW has an all-new America's Next Top Model at 8. Cable wise Bravo has Project Runway and Top Design starting at 9pm and FX's Sons of Anarchy at 10.
On Thursday Fox has Hole in the Wall followed by an all-new Kitchen Nightmares. CBS has the finale of summer scripted series Flashpoint at 10pm. The CW launches new seasons of Smallville and Supernatural. And NBC has yet another America's Got Talent episode, this time the half-hour results at 8pm. Pretty quiet night. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows and FX has comedy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 10.
On Friday, NBC will move America's Toughest Jobs to 8pm and will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11. ABC will have 20/20. WWE Smackdown is on The CW. Fox has all-new episodes of 5th Grader and Don't Forget the Lyrics! Cable wise, My Family's Got GUTS continues on Nick at 8pm and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and College Football on ABC.
Emmys on ABC next Sunday! And that will conclude summer!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 23
Superstore - "Mateo's Last Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mateo (Nico Santos) faces complications with his transfer to a Cloud 9 Signature store, he becomes desperate to resolve his undocumented status. Meanwhile, Amy (America Ferrera) helps Glenn (Mark McKinney) battle an Internet troll, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) try to give Mateo legal counsel, and Dina (Lauren Ash) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) take issue with corporate.
Powerless - "I'm a Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Baskets - "Circus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Christine turns to Arby's after Chip joins the Russians.
Thursday, March 23
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nick D'Agosto (Trial & Error) - Nick is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody talks about Wilson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Woody and Laura Dern will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.