Sunday, September 14, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of September 1-7)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Special encore at 8:30pm following the preview airing of Hole in the Wall did 5.37 million, not bad.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.78 million for two repeats from 9-10pm is not too shabby.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.31 million for a repeat...up week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.6 million for a repeat airing and it built from the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.18 million for a repeat, up from previous week.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 7.22 million for a repeat, not bad at all. Remember this season the series will move to Wednesdays at 8.
- None...watch the 90-minute season finale of Wipeout on ABC this coming week!
- 'Til Death (Fox) - The season premiere did 6.06 million, at normal numbers, but is this really that good? It had a nice lead-in from Bones, or else it would have done worse.
- Do Not Disturb (Fox) - Series premiere of this new sitcom did just 4.65 million, as the clock is ticking if it doesn't build.
- My Name is Earl (NBC) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm following a special America's Got Talent did 5.19 million, but lost nearly 1/2 of its lead-in's numbers.
- The Office (NBC) 3 episodes - Very off scheduling of repeats from 9-10pm and 10:30pm made no sense...why not have just four straight episodes or just two? Anyway it did 4.4, 4.43 and dropped to 3.11 million. The 9pm hour was much better and actually built on from lead-in in 18-49.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A 10pm repeat did 3.39 million...not good.
Tonight you can catch encores Fox's animated comedies from 7-9 tonight only.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 17) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will air the Sunday Night Football game. Cable wise, go with Lifetime's Army Wives at 10pm following the premiere if their new movie Coco Chanel at 8, and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 airing I Love Money.
On Monday, ABC has the network television premiere of the movie Batman Begins from 8-11pm. NBC has an all-new night as well with Deal or No Deal, America's Toughest Jobs, and Dateline. Fox and The CW have their regular season line-ups started with Fox having Sarah Connor Chronicles and an all-new Prison Break. The CW has all-new episodes of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Cable wise it will be The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT from 9-11pm. VH1 has more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills & Exiled. Nickelodeon launches the new game show My Family's Got GUTS weeknights at 8pm for the next two weeks. And Monday Night Football on ESPN!
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is all-new with with the 90-minute season finale from 8-9:30pm followed by the new special Primetime: UFO's...Seeing Is Believing. NBC has the season premiere of the two-hour Biggest Loser: Families from 8-10. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Fox launches a new season of House at 8pm followed by new drama Fringe which disappointed a bit last week in the ratings for its premiere. And The CW has an all-new 90210 followed by a new Privileged. MNT is even new with Street Patrol and Jail. Cable wise ABC Family has its season premiere of Lincoln Heights at 8pm followed by a new Greek at 9pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, FX has a new The Shield at 10, and BET launches a new original comedy at 10pm called Somebodies.
On Wednesday NBC has a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. And Fox has an all-new Bones at 8pm followed by all-new episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death at 9 and Do Not Disturb at 9:30. The CW has an all-new America's Next Top Model at 8. Cable wise Bravo has Project Runway and Top Design starting at 9pm and FX's Sons of Anarchy at 10.
On Thursday Fox has Hole in the Wall followed by an all-new Kitchen Nightmares. CBS has the finale of summer scripted series Flashpoint at 10pm. The CW launches new seasons of Smallville and Supernatural. And NBC has yet another America's Got Talent episode, this time the half-hour results at 8pm. Pretty quiet night. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows and FX has comedy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 10.
On Friday, NBC will move America's Toughest Jobs to 8pm and will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11. ABC will have 20/20. WWE Smackdown is on The CW. Fox has all-new episodes of 5th Grader and Don't Forget the Lyrics! Cable wise, My Family's Got GUTS continues on Nick at 8pm and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and College Football on ABC.
Emmys on ABC next Sunday! And that will conclude summer!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 28
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck with a Boy Genius" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Harley, Rachel, Georgie and Ethan attend their school spring formal dance, while Lewie and Beast camp out at home in the backyard.
Andi Mack - "It's Not About You" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Andi's frustration boils over when she discovers that Buffy has secretly been confiding in Bex instead of her; Cyrus double-dates with Jonah Beck, Amber and her friend Iris.
Friday, April 28
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Watch Gabourey on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Britt Robertson (Girlboss) - Britt is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened), Joely Fisher (Ellen/'Til Death), Clea Lewis (Ellen/Flying Blind) and David Anthony Higgins (Ellen/Malcolm in the Middle/Big Time Rush) - The Ellen DeGeneres Show celebrates the 20th Anniversary of the Ellen coming out episode, so check your local listings.
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Alec talks about Donald Trump, too much alcohol and the thing that saved his life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She also dishes about Imaginary Mary on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.