Sunday, September 14, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of September 1-7)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Special encore at 8:30pm following the preview airing of Hole in the Wall did 5.37 million, not bad.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.78 million for two repeats from 9-10pm is not too shabby.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.31 million for a repeat...up week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.6 million for a repeat airing and it built from the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.18 million for a repeat, up from previous week.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 7.22 million for a repeat, not bad at all. Remember this season the series will move to Wednesdays at 8.
- None...watch the 90-minute season finale of Wipeout on ABC this coming week!
- 'Til Death (Fox) - The season premiere did 6.06 million, at normal numbers, but is this really that good? It had a nice lead-in from Bones, or else it would have done worse.
- Do Not Disturb (Fox) - Series premiere of this new sitcom did just 4.65 million, as the clock is ticking if it doesn't build.
- My Name is Earl (NBC) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm following a special America's Got Talent did 5.19 million, but lost nearly 1/2 of its lead-in's numbers.
- The Office (NBC) 3 episodes - Very off scheduling of repeats from 9-10pm and 10:30pm made no sense...why not have just four straight episodes or just two? Anyway it did 4.4, 4.43 and dropped to 3.11 million. The 9pm hour was much better and actually built on from lead-in in 18-49.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A 10pm repeat did 3.39 million...not good.
Tonight you can catch encores Fox's animated comedies from 7-9 tonight only.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 17) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will air the Sunday Night Football game. Cable wise, go with Lifetime's Army Wives at 10pm following the premiere if their new movie Coco Chanel at 8, and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 airing I Love Money.
On Monday, ABC has the network television premiere of the movie Batman Begins from 8-11pm. NBC has an all-new night as well with Deal or No Deal, America's Toughest Jobs, and Dateline. Fox and The CW have their regular season line-ups started with Fox having Sarah Connor Chronicles and an all-new Prison Break. The CW has all-new episodes of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Cable wise it will be The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT from 9-11pm. VH1 has more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills & Exiled. Nickelodeon launches the new game show My Family's Got GUTS weeknights at 8pm for the next two weeks. And Monday Night Football on ESPN!
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is all-new with with the 90-minute season finale from 8-9:30pm followed by the new special Primetime: UFO's...Seeing Is Believing. NBC has the season premiere of the two-hour Biggest Loser: Families from 8-10. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Fox launches a new season of House at 8pm followed by new drama Fringe which disappointed a bit last week in the ratings for its premiere. And The CW has an all-new 90210 followed by a new Privileged. MNT is even new with Street Patrol and Jail. Cable wise ABC Family has its season premiere of Lincoln Heights at 8pm followed by a new Greek at 9pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, FX has a new The Shield at 10, and BET launches a new original comedy at 10pm called Somebodies.
On Wednesday NBC has a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. And Fox has an all-new Bones at 8pm followed by all-new episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death at 9 and Do Not Disturb at 9:30. The CW has an all-new America's Next Top Model at 8. Cable wise Bravo has Project Runway and Top Design starting at 9pm and FX's Sons of Anarchy at 10.
On Thursday Fox has Hole in the Wall followed by an all-new Kitchen Nightmares. CBS has the finale of summer scripted series Flashpoint at 10pm. The CW launches new seasons of Smallville and Supernatural. And NBC has yet another America's Got Talent episode, this time the half-hour results at 8pm. Pretty quiet night. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows and FX has comedy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 10.
On Friday, NBC will move America's Toughest Jobs to 8pm and will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11. ABC will have 20/20. WWE Smackdown is on The CW. Fox has all-new episodes of 5th Grader and Don't Forget the Lyrics! Cable wise, My Family's Got GUTS continues on Nick at 8pm and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and College Football on ABC.
Emmys on ABC next Sunday! And that will conclude summer!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.