Sunday, September 14, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of September 1-7)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Special encore at 8:30pm following the preview airing of Hole in the Wall did 5.37 million, not bad.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.78 million for two repeats from 9-10pm is not too shabby.
- American Dad! (Fox) - preempted
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.31 million for a repeat...up week-to-week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.6 million for a repeat airing and it built from the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.18 million for a repeat, up from previous week.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 7.22 million for a repeat, not bad at all. Remember this season the series will move to Wednesdays at 8.
- None...watch the 90-minute season finale of Wipeout on ABC this coming week!
- 'Til Death (Fox) - The season premiere did 6.06 million, at normal numbers, but is this really that good? It had a nice lead-in from Bones, or else it would have done worse.
- Do Not Disturb (Fox) - Series premiere of this new sitcom did just 4.65 million, as the clock is ticking if it doesn't build.
- My Name is Earl (NBC) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm following a special America's Got Talent did 5.19 million, but lost nearly 1/2 of its lead-in's numbers.
- The Office (NBC) 3 episodes - Very off scheduling of repeats from 9-10pm and 10:30pm made no sense...why not have just four straight episodes or just two? Anyway it did 4.4, 4.43 and dropped to 3.11 million. The 9pm hour was much better and actually built on from lead-in in 18-49.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - A 10pm repeat did 3.39 million...not good.
Tonight you can catch encores Fox's animated comedies from 7-9 tonight only.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 17) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will air the Sunday Night Football game. Cable wise, go with Lifetime's Army Wives at 10pm following the premiere if their new movie Coco Chanel at 8, and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 airing I Love Money.
On Monday, ABC has the network television premiere of the movie Batman Begins from 8-11pm. NBC has an all-new night as well with Deal or No Deal, America's Toughest Jobs, and Dateline. Fox and The CW have their regular season line-ups started with Fox having Sarah Connor Chronicles and an all-new Prison Break. The CW has all-new episodes of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Cable wise it will be The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT from 9-11pm. VH1 has more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills & Exiled. Nickelodeon launches the new game show My Family's Got GUTS weeknights at 8pm for the next two weeks. And Monday Night Football on ESPN!
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is all-new with with the 90-minute season finale from 8-9:30pm followed by the new special Primetime: UFO's...Seeing Is Believing. NBC has the season premiere of the two-hour Biggest Loser: Families from 8-10. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Fox launches a new season of House at 8pm followed by new drama Fringe which disappointed a bit last week in the ratings for its premiere. And The CW has an all-new 90210 followed by a new Privileged. MNT is even new with Street Patrol and Jail. Cable wise ABC Family has its season premiere of Lincoln Heights at 8pm followed by a new Greek at 9pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, FX has a new The Shield at 10, and BET launches a new original comedy at 10pm called Somebodies.
On Wednesday NBC has a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. And Fox has an all-new Bones at 8pm followed by all-new episodes of sitcoms 'Til Death at 9 and Do Not Disturb at 9:30. The CW has an all-new America's Next Top Model at 8. Cable wise Bravo has Project Runway and Top Design starting at 9pm and FX's Sons of Anarchy at 10.
On Thursday Fox has Hole in the Wall followed by an all-new Kitchen Nightmares. CBS has the finale of summer scripted series Flashpoint at 10pm. The CW launches new seasons of Smallville and Supernatural. And NBC has yet another America's Got Talent episode, this time the half-hour results at 8pm. Pretty quiet night. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows and FX has comedy It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia at 10.
On Friday, NBC will move America's Toughest Jobs to 8pm and will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11. ABC will have 20/20. WWE Smackdown is on The CW. Fox has all-new episodes of 5th Grader and Don't Forget the Lyrics! Cable wise, My Family's Got GUTS continues on Nick at 8pm and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and College Football on ABC.
Emmys on ABC next Sunday! And that will conclude summer!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.