Sunday, September 07, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of August 25-31)
- 'Til Death (Fox) 2 episodes - Just 1.67 and 1.9 million for two repeats...up from recent weeks but still not good.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Only 3.3 million for a repeat in its 8pm slot.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 3.82 million for a repeat...seems lower than normal.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.23 and 3.08 million for two repeats at 8:30 and 9:30.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 730,000 viewers this week for a repeat...no more repeats in this slot.
- Aliens in America (The CW) - 600,000 viewers for a repeat...its last network airing.
- The Game (The CW) - 710,000 viewers for a repeat, also its last repeat in this slot.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 770,000 viewers for a repeat, most likely its last broadcast on The CW.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.74 million for a repeat...not that bad for Labor Day.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 4.75 million for a repeat airing and it built from the lead-in by a hair.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 7.83 million for a repeat, below normal but it was Labor Day.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.95 million for a repeat.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) - 2.12 million for the repeat of the final two episodes from season one.
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. Two ALL-NEW episodes from 8-10pm...laugh away!
Old Christine (CBS) - Repeat airing on a special night at 9:30pm following the CBS Fall Preview special didn't do much...less than 3 million in prelim numbers.
Tonight you can catch encores Fox's animated comedies from 8:30-10 tonight only.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 16) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will air the first Sunday Night Football game of the year. Fox will launch new game show Hole in the Wall at 8pm following the conclusion of the 4pm NFL game. ABC has a two-hour special supporting our troops from 9-11pm titled America United: In Support of Our Troops. Cable wise, go with Lifetime's Army Wives at 10pm, ABC Family's last part of the mini-series Samurai Girl at 8pm and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with the VMA Awards on MTV. Notice the nights are getting better now as the new season nears.
On Monday, ABC will have the finale of High School Musical: Get in the Picture at 8pm followed by the CMA: Music Festival from 9-11pm. NBC has an all-new night as well with Deal or No Deal, America's Toughest Jobs, and Dateline. Fox and The CW have their regular season line-ups started with Fox having the season premiere of Sarah Connor Chronicles and an all-new Prison Break. The CW has all-new episodes of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Cable wise it will be The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT from 9-11pm. VH1 has more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills. And Monday Night Football returns on ESPN!
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is all new with not one episode, but two episodes...double the fun from 8-10pm followed by an all-new Primetime: Medical Mysteries. NBC has a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10, which has gone down since the Olympics ended. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at a special time of 8pm on CBS because they have the special Fashion Rocks from 9-11pm. Fox launches new drama Fringe with a 95-minute premiere followed by a second preview episode of Hole in the Wall at 9:35pm...I think the new JJ Abrams drama will premiere decently but will fall off a bit when the season starts, it'll be no Lost. And The CW has an all-new 90210, can it keep up the ratings momentum? Followed by the series premiere of Privileged. MNT is even new with Street Patrol and Jail. Wow...best night since the end of last season! Cable wise ABC Family's Secret Life of an American Teenager at 8pm and Greek at 9pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, and at 10pm on Lifetime it is How To Look Good Naked.
On Wednesday NBC has another two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. CBS has Greatest American Dog finale at 8pm. ABC will be new at 10pm with the special 20/20: They're Not Like Us. And Fox has an all-new Bones at 8pm followed by the season premiere of sitcom 'Til Death at 9 and series premiere of sitcom Do Not Disturb...hope you saw our review on Friday. The CW has an all-new America's Next Top Model at 8. Cable wise Bravo has Project Runway and Top Design starting at 9pm.
On Thursday Fox has the time period premiere of Hole in the Wall followed by an all-new Kitchen Nightmares, which got off to a slow start last week. CBS at 8pm has Big Brother and another episode of the summer scripted series Flashpoint at 10pm, which is doing decent. And NBC has yet another America's Got Talent episode, this time the half-hour results at 8:30pm. Pretty quiet night. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows.
On Friday, NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11. ABC will have the 2008 Alma Awards from 8-10 and of course will have 20/20. WWE Smackdown is on The CW. Fox has all-new episodes of 5th Grader and Don't Forget the Lyrics! Cable wise, Monk & Psych on USA from 9-11 and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox, two-hour 48 Hours on CBS from 9-11, and the USC-Ohio State College Football game on ABC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, March 1
The Goldbergs - "The Kara-te Kid" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Inspired by the “Karate Kid” films, Adam and the other Adam Goldberg face off in a karate match to settle once and for all a long-running feud. Barry and Adam go to Uncle Marvin for training, but the only thing they learn is how to clean an apartment. Meanwhile, when Erica and Geoff’s relationship becomes public, they realize that they aren’t the good guys.
Modern Family - "Finding Fizbo" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cam is enraged when he receives an online video showing someone has been desecrating his beloved Fizbo costume, which sets him on a quest to restore Fizbo’s good name. Meanwhile, Phil is in for quite the surprise when he finally meets his new soon-to-be step-brother at Frank’s bachelor party. Finally, Manny’s newest play hits a little too close to home for Gloria, Claire and Haley when he enlists them to do a read through before he submits it to a young playwright festival.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "A Cricket's Tale" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
We get to see a typical day in Cricket's world and then a possible redemption when his family intervenes. Will Cricket finally move on from the gang, finding love in the process? Will Cricket go from filthy beast to his former self, Matthew Mara?
Man Seeking Woman - "Cake" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Josh lets Mike throw him a bachelor party and soon comes to regret it.
Schitt's Creek - "Motel Review" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While setting up his business, David meets a new friend; Johnny defends Alexis' work; Moira deals with a difficult guest.
Wednesday, March 1
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Watch Alec on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Natalie Zea (The Detour) - Natalie visits Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. She opens up about how she and her husband Travis Schuldt balance work and parenthood – and if they will have more kids on People Now at 8:30am.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lauren Lapkus (Crashing/Clipped/Are You There, Chelsa?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril co-hosts Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patrick Stewart (Blunt Talk) - Patrick looks back on the first time he met Hugh Jackman on People Now at 8:30am.
- Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me/The Comeback) - Dan talks about 24: Legacy on the AOL Build Show at 5pm. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.