Sunday, September 07, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of August 25-31)
- 'Til Death (Fox) 2 episodes - Just 1.67 and 1.9 million for two repeats...up from recent weeks but still not good.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Only 3.3 million for a repeat in its 8pm slot.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 3.82 million for a repeat...seems lower than normal.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.23 and 3.08 million for two repeats at 8:30 and 9:30.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 730,000 viewers this week for a repeat...no more repeats in this slot.
- Aliens in America (The CW) - 600,000 viewers for a repeat...its last network airing.
- The Game (The CW) - 710,000 viewers for a repeat, also its last repeat in this slot.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 770,000 viewers for a repeat, most likely its last broadcast on The CW.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.74 million for a repeat...not that bad for Labor Day.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 4.75 million for a repeat airing and it built from the lead-in by a hair.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 7.83 million for a repeat, below normal but it was Labor Day.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.95 million for a repeat.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) - 2.12 million for the repeat of the final two episodes from season one.
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. Two ALL-NEW episodes from 8-10pm...laugh away!
Old Christine (CBS) - Repeat airing on a special night at 9:30pm following the CBS Fall Preview special didn't do much...less than 3 million in prelim numbers.
Tonight you can catch encores Fox's animated comedies from 8:30-10 tonight only.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 16) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will air the first Sunday Night Football game of the year. Fox will launch new game show Hole in the Wall at 8pm following the conclusion of the 4pm NFL game. ABC has a two-hour special supporting our troops from 9-11pm titled America United: In Support of Our Troops. Cable wise, go with Lifetime's Army Wives at 10pm, ABC Family's last part of the mini-series Samurai Girl at 8pm and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with the VMA Awards on MTV. Notice the nights are getting better now as the new season nears.
On Monday, ABC will have the finale of High School Musical: Get in the Picture at 8pm followed by the CMA: Music Festival from 9-11pm. NBC has an all-new night as well with Deal or No Deal, America's Toughest Jobs, and Dateline. Fox and The CW have their regular season line-ups started with Fox having the season premiere of Sarah Connor Chronicles and an all-new Prison Break. The CW has all-new episodes of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Cable wise it will be The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT from 9-11pm. VH1 has more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills. And Monday Night Football returns on ESPN!
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is all new with not one episode, but two episodes...double the fun from 8-10pm followed by an all-new Primetime: Medical Mysteries. NBC has a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10, which has gone down since the Olympics ended. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at a special time of 8pm on CBS because they have the special Fashion Rocks from 9-11pm. Fox launches new drama Fringe with a 95-minute premiere followed by a second preview episode of Hole in the Wall at 9:35pm...I think the new JJ Abrams drama will premiere decently but will fall off a bit when the season starts, it'll be no Lost. And The CW has an all-new 90210, can it keep up the ratings momentum? Followed by the series premiere of Privileged. MNT is even new with Street Patrol and Jail. Wow...best night since the end of last season! Cable wise ABC Family's Secret Life of an American Teenager at 8pm and Greek at 9pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, and at 10pm on Lifetime it is How To Look Good Naked.
On Wednesday NBC has another two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. CBS has Greatest American Dog finale at 8pm. ABC will be new at 10pm with the special 20/20: They're Not Like Us. And Fox has an all-new Bones at 8pm followed by the season premiere of sitcom 'Til Death at 9 and series premiere of sitcom Do Not Disturb...hope you saw our review on Friday. The CW has an all-new America's Next Top Model at 8. Cable wise Bravo has Project Runway and Top Design starting at 9pm.
On Thursday Fox has the time period premiere of Hole in the Wall followed by an all-new Kitchen Nightmares, which got off to a slow start last week. CBS at 8pm has Big Brother and another episode of the summer scripted series Flashpoint at 10pm, which is doing decent. And NBC has yet another America's Got Talent episode, this time the half-hour results at 8:30pm. Pretty quiet night. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows.
On Friday, NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11. ABC will have the 2008 Alma Awards from 8-10 and of course will have 20/20. WWE Smackdown is on The CW. Fox has all-new episodes of 5th Grader and Don't Forget the Lyrics! Cable wise, Monk & Psych on USA from 9-11 and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox, two-hour 48 Hours on CBS from 9-11, and the USC-Ohio State College Football game on ABC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.