Sunday, September 07, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of August 25-31)
- 'Til Death (Fox) 2 episodes - Just 1.67 and 1.9 million for two repeats...up from recent weeks but still not good.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Only 3.3 million for a repeat in its 8pm slot.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 3.82 million for a repeat...seems lower than normal.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.23 and 3.08 million for two repeats at 8:30 and 9:30.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 730,000 viewers this week for a repeat...no more repeats in this slot.
- Aliens in America (The CW) - 600,000 viewers for a repeat...its last network airing.
- The Game (The CW) - 710,000 viewers for a repeat, also its last repeat in this slot.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 770,000 viewers for a repeat, most likely its last broadcast on The CW.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.74 million for a repeat...not that bad for Labor Day.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 4.75 million for a repeat airing and it built from the lead-in by a hair.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 7.83 million for a repeat, below normal but it was Labor Day.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.95 million for a repeat.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) - 2.12 million for the repeat of the final two episodes from season one.
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. Two ALL-NEW episodes from 8-10pm...laugh away!
Old Christine (CBS) - Repeat airing on a special night at 9:30pm following the CBS Fall Preview special didn't do much...less than 3 million in prelim numbers.
Tonight you can catch encores Fox's animated comedies from 8:30-10 tonight only.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 16) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will air the first Sunday Night Football game of the year. Fox will launch new game show Hole in the Wall at 8pm following the conclusion of the 4pm NFL game. ABC has a two-hour special supporting our troops from 9-11pm titled America United: In Support of Our Troops. Cable wise, go with Lifetime's Army Wives at 10pm, ABC Family's last part of the mini-series Samurai Girl at 8pm and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with the VMA Awards on MTV. Notice the nights are getting better now as the new season nears.
On Monday, ABC will have the finale of High School Musical: Get in the Picture at 8pm followed by the CMA: Music Festival from 9-11pm. NBC has an all-new night as well with Deal or No Deal, America's Toughest Jobs, and Dateline. Fox and The CW have their regular season line-ups started with Fox having the season premiere of Sarah Connor Chronicles and an all-new Prison Break. The CW has all-new episodes of Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill. Cable wise it will be The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT from 9-11pm. VH1 has more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy, while MTV has The Hills. And Monday Night Football returns on ESPN!
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is all new with not one episode, but two episodes...double the fun from 8-10pm followed by an all-new Primetime: Medical Mysteries. NBC has a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10, which has gone down since the Olympics ended. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at a special time of 8pm on CBS because they have the special Fashion Rocks from 9-11pm. Fox launches new drama Fringe with a 95-minute premiere followed by a second preview episode of Hole in the Wall at 9:35pm...I think the new JJ Abrams drama will premiere decently but will fall off a bit when the season starts, it'll be no Lost. And The CW has an all-new 90210, can it keep up the ratings momentum? Followed by the series premiere of Privileged. MNT is even new with Street Patrol and Jail. Wow...best night since the end of last season! Cable wise ABC Family's Secret Life of an American Teenager at 8pm and Greek at 9pm, Sci Fi has Eureka at 9, and at 10pm on Lifetime it is How To Look Good Naked.
On Wednesday NBC has another two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. CBS has Greatest American Dog finale at 8pm. ABC will be new at 10pm with the special 20/20: They're Not Like Us. And Fox has an all-new Bones at 8pm followed by the season premiere of sitcom 'Til Death at 9 and series premiere of sitcom Do Not Disturb...hope you saw our review on Friday. The CW has an all-new America's Next Top Model at 8. Cable wise Bravo has Project Runway and Top Design starting at 9pm.
On Thursday Fox has the time period premiere of Hole in the Wall followed by an all-new Kitchen Nightmares, which got off to a slow start last week. CBS at 8pm has Big Brother and another episode of the summer scripted series Flashpoint at 10pm, which is doing decent. And NBC has yet another America's Got Talent episode, this time the half-hour results at 8:30pm. Pretty quiet night. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, VH1 has more reality shows.
On Friday, NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11. ABC will have the 2008 Alma Awards from 8-10 and of course will have 20/20. WWE Smackdown is on The CW. Fox has all-new episodes of 5th Grader and Don't Forget the Lyrics! Cable wise, Monk & Psych on USA from 9-11 and Stargate Atlantis on Sci Fi at 10pm.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox, two-hour 48 Hours on CBS from 9-11, and the USC-Ohio State College Football game on ABC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.