Sunday, August 10, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 28-August 3)
- 'Til Death (Fox) 2 episodes - Just 2.01 and 2.19 million for two repeats...not good, but on par really from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.69 million for a repeat in its normal 8pm slot, a bit down from the previous week but the 8:30pm encore jumped big time to 4.96 million, on par with previous week's 5.0 million.
King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.06 million for an encore telecast, on par with previous week's 5.12 million.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.58 million for a repeat, up week to week, the only Fox animated comedy that went up this week.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 870,000 viewers this week for a repeat...down from previous week's 960,000 viewers.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 860,000 viewers for a repeat...also down week to week.
- The Game (The CW) - 1.17 million for a repeat, up sharply from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.19 million for a repeat, built from lead-in and also up big from previous week's 770,000 viewers.
Summer Week 11 (August 4-10)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat...up a million from previous week's rating! Good job!
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.36 million for a repeat airing, up over a million from previous week and also built from the lead-in! Double dose of good!
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.98 million for a repeat, up a 1/2 million or so from previous week.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 7.6 million for a repeat....three airings so far...each airing has gone up (7.4, 7.5 and now 7.6 million).
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. Repeats until the Olympics are over...but they are even better the second time around!
Samantha Who? (ABC) - Special Friday repeat for one time only. No numbers were available at press time. Regular repeats return this Monday at 9 starting from the pilot episode! None.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 12) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics, which will be the main draw of the night. A pretty quiet and boring night unless you are an Olympics fan. Cable is the way to go with Lifetime's Army Wives, USA Network's In Plain Sight and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 and A&E airing their reality series. And don't forget Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm on USA Network. Cable is the way to go indeed!
On Monday, ABC will be new with High School Musical: Get in the Picture at 8pm and the season finale ofThe Mole at 10pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics. Cable again will be the best draw with The Closer and Saving Grace on TNT from 9-11pm. ABC Family also has a new Middleman at 10pm and VH1 with more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy.
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is a repeat but it will lead-in to game show Wanna Bet? (among the celebs are Larry Joe Campbell from According to Jim) which has now moved to Tuesdays, followed by an all-new Primetime: Medical Mysteries at 10pm. NBC has the Summer Olympics all night again. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Cable wise ABC Family's Secret Life of an American Teenager is doing well and will air at 8pm and at 10pm on Lifetime it is How To Look Good Naked. Best night of the summer but a bit slow tonight.
On Wednesday NBC's Summer Olympics are the way to go. CBS has the recently moved Greatest American Dog at 8pm. ABC will be new at 10pm with Primetime: Crime. Maybe this is the worst night for the summer (not counting Friday/Saturday).
On Thursday Fox has an NFL pre-season game between the Panthers and Eagles. CBS at 8pm has Big Brother and another episode of the summer scripted series Flashtown at 10pm, which is doing decent.. And NBC will the Summer Olympics. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, while Comedy Central has The Gong Show.
On Friday, NBC will be king with Summer Olympics. Fox has another NFL pre-season game, this time between the Raiders and Titans. CBS has the summer drama Swingtown at 10pm which is on its last legs. ABC and The CW will of course will have 20/20 & WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and of course the Summer Olympics on NBC and their cable networks.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.