Sunday, August 10, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 28-August 3)
- 'Til Death (Fox) 2 episodes - Just 2.01 and 2.19 million for two repeats...not good, but on par really from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.69 million for a repeat in its normal 8pm slot, a bit down from the previous week but the 8:30pm encore jumped big time to 4.96 million, on par with previous week's 5.0 million.
King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.06 million for an encore telecast, on par with previous week's 5.12 million.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.58 million for a repeat, up week to week, the only Fox animated comedy that went up this week.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 870,000 viewers this week for a repeat...down from previous week's 960,000 viewers.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 860,000 viewers for a repeat...also down week to week.
- The Game (The CW) - 1.17 million for a repeat, up sharply from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.19 million for a repeat, built from lead-in and also up big from previous week's 770,000 viewers.
Summer Week 11 (August 4-10)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat...up a million from previous week's rating! Good job!
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.36 million for a repeat airing, up over a million from previous week and also built from the lead-in! Double dose of good!
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.98 million for a repeat, up a 1/2 million or so from previous week.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 7.6 million for a repeat....three airings so far...each airing has gone up (7.4, 7.5 and now 7.6 million).
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. Repeats until the Olympics are over...but they are even better the second time around!
Samantha Who? (ABC) - Special Friday repeat for one time only. No numbers were available at press time. Regular repeats return this Monday at 9 starting from the pilot episode! None.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 12) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics, which will be the main draw of the night. A pretty quiet and boring night unless you are an Olympics fan. Cable is the way to go with Lifetime's Army Wives, USA Network's In Plain Sight and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 and A&E airing their reality series. And don't forget Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm on USA Network. Cable is the way to go indeed!
On Monday, ABC will be new with High School Musical: Get in the Picture at 8pm and the season finale ofThe Mole at 10pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics. Cable again will be the best draw with The Closer and Saving Grace on TNT from 9-11pm. ABC Family also has a new Middleman at 10pm and VH1 with more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy.
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is a repeat but it will lead-in to game show Wanna Bet? (among the celebs are Larry Joe Campbell from According to Jim) which has now moved to Tuesdays, followed by an all-new Primetime: Medical Mysteries at 10pm. NBC has the Summer Olympics all night again. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Cable wise ABC Family's Secret Life of an American Teenager is doing well and will air at 8pm and at 10pm on Lifetime it is How To Look Good Naked. Best night of the summer but a bit slow tonight.
On Wednesday NBC's Summer Olympics are the way to go. CBS has the recently moved Greatest American Dog at 8pm. ABC will be new at 10pm with Primetime: Crime. Maybe this is the worst night for the summer (not counting Friday/Saturday).
On Thursday Fox has an NFL pre-season game between the Panthers and Eagles. CBS at 8pm has Big Brother and another episode of the summer scripted series Flashtown at 10pm, which is doing decent.. And NBC will the Summer Olympics. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, while Comedy Central has The Gong Show.
On Friday, NBC will be king with Summer Olympics. Fox has another NFL pre-season game, this time between the Raiders and Titans. CBS has the summer drama Swingtown at 10pm which is on its last legs. ABC and The CW will of course will have 20/20 & WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and of course the Summer Olympics on NBC and their cable networks.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.