Sunday, August 10, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 28-August 3)
- 'Til Death (Fox) 2 episodes - Just 2.01 and 2.19 million for two repeats...not good, but on par really from previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.69 million for a repeat in its normal 8pm slot, a bit down from the previous week but the 8:30pm encore jumped big time to 4.96 million, on par with previous week's 5.0 million.
King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.06 million for an encore telecast, on par with previous week's 5.12 million.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.58 million for a repeat, up week to week, the only Fox animated comedy that went up this week.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 870,000 viewers this week for a repeat...down from previous week's 960,000 viewers.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 860,000 viewers for a repeat...also down week to week.
- The Game (The CW) - 1.17 million for a repeat, up sharply from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.19 million for a repeat, built from lead-in and also up big from previous week's 770,000 viewers.
Summer Week 11 (August 4-10)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat...up a million from previous week's rating! Good job!
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.36 million for a repeat airing, up over a million from previous week and also built from the lead-in! Double dose of good!
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.98 million for a repeat, up a 1/2 million or so from previous week.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 7.6 million for a repeat....three airings so far...each airing has gone up (7.4, 7.5 and now 7.6 million).
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. Repeats until the Olympics are over...but they are even better the second time around!
Samantha Who? (ABC) - Special Friday repeat for one time only. No numbers were available at press time. Regular repeats return this Monday at 9 starting from the pilot episode! None.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 12) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will have Big Brother at 8pm out of a new 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics, which will be the main draw of the night. A pretty quiet and boring night unless you are an Olympics fan. Cable is the way to go with Lifetime's Army Wives, USA Network's In Plain Sight and Mad Men on AMC at 10pm with VH1 and A&E airing their reality series. And don't forget Law & Order: Criminal Intent at 9pm on USA Network. Cable is the way to go indeed!
On Monday, ABC will be new with High School Musical: Get in the Picture at 8pm and the season finale ofThe Mole at 10pm. NBC has of course the Summer Olympics. Cable again will be the best draw with The Closer and Saving Grace on TNT from 9-11pm. ABC Family also has a new Middleman at 10pm and VH1 with more new reality series such as I Want to Work for Diddy.
On Tuesday ABC's Wipeout is a repeat but it will lead-in to game show Wanna Bet? (among the celebs are Larry Joe Campbell from According to Jim) which has now moved to Tuesdays, followed by an all-new Primetime: Medical Mysteries at 10pm. NBC has the Summer Olympics all night again. And the Tuesday edition of Big Brother airs at 9pm on CBS. Cable wise ABC Family's Secret Life of an American Teenager is doing well and will air at 8pm and at 10pm on Lifetime it is How To Look Good Naked. Best night of the summer but a bit slow tonight.
On Wednesday NBC's Summer Olympics are the way to go. CBS has the recently moved Greatest American Dog at 8pm. ABC will be new at 10pm with Primetime: Crime. Maybe this is the worst night for the summer (not counting Friday/Saturday).
On Thursday Fox has an NFL pre-season game between the Panthers and Eagles. CBS at 8pm has Big Brother and another episode of the summer scripted series Flashtown at 10pm, which is doing decent.. And NBC will the Summer Olympics. On cable, USA Network has Burn Notice at 10pm, while Comedy Central has The Gong Show.
On Friday, NBC will be king with Summer Olympics. Fox has another NFL pre-season game, this time between the Raiders and Titans. CBS has the summer drama Swingtown at 10pm which is on its last legs. ABC and The CW will of course will have 20/20 & WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and of course the Summer Olympics on NBC and their cable networks.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.