Friday, August 29, 2008
Then it's time to go back to the gym and get ready for the original movie Gym Teacher: The Movie, but first spend an hour of physical activity with your favorite Nick at Nite sitcoms leading up to the movie ... with episodes of Family Matters, Fresh Prince, George Lopez and Home Improvement! Let's Get Physical Week airs Sunday, Sept. 7 through Thursday, Sept. 11 from 9-10pm each night.
After that week-long stunt, Nick at Nite and Nickelodeon invite you for the world premiere of original movie Gym Teacher: The Movie on Friday, September 12 at 8pm. The movie stars Nathan Kress (Nick's iCarly), Christopher Meloni (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit), and Amy Sedaris (Strangers with Candy). Dave Stewie was America's hope for the Gold in the 1988 Seoul Olympics until he ran face first into the vault. His failure made him a national joke, and he quickly faded into obscurity. Stewie rebuilt his life from the ashes of humiliation to become a gym teacher, but his Olympic competitiveness never left him. Let’s just say that NASA scientists take their job less seriously than Dave takes his job of molding the physical fitness of young people. So when the President announces a national gym class fitness competition, Dave knows that this is his opportunity to redeem himself by leading his class of athletes to triumph.
Launching September 15 on Nickelodeon and Nick at Nite is My Family's Got GUTS. They will air two 10-episode tournaments. My Family's Got GUTS is an extreme sports competition series that brings families together where every member of the team -- from the smallest to the strongest -- plays a vital role and works together to complete each challenge. Each episode will feature a host (Ben Lyons), and three teams of four players (two adults and two kids) who gather in the Extreme Arena to compete against each other in four rounds of events inspired by today's extreme sports.
Coming Sunday, October 5 on Nick at Nite it is the The Worldwide Fido Awards. More on that soon.
View the full Nick at Nite September 2008 highlights.
Well we gave you all not one but two updates on WGN America's fall schedule already...and now here comes update three. Just a few edits, but they are good ones. Starting September 8, weekdays at 4pm ET will now be Becker instead of a full-hour of Funniest Pets & People. Funniest Pets & People will still air at 4:30pm ET, though. Then on Sundays starting Sept. 14 from 5-6pm ET will now be Coach instead of the previously scheduled Funniest Pets & People. Coach will sitll air Saturdays 7-8pm ET later in the fall starting October 4...so good news for Coach fans. Don't forget the Coach marathon tonight and tomorrow! The other changes are minor and involves a few weekend shifting of Scrubs, Reno 911! and Corner Gas, not big deals.
I really advise you all to see the full updated WGN America Fall 2008 line-up.
Retro Television Network (RTN) announced that Allbritton Communications will add a fourth RTN affiliate, now in Tulsa, OK. The new affiliate will launch this fall on a digital stream of KTUL-TV, the local ABC affiliate. I told you the new affiliate announcements will start to get rolling now!
Calling all Bob Newhart fans! You can find a "Behind the Scenes" of Bob's new show called The Challenge starring Bob Newhart now online at Vimeo! Also, check out Lloyd Garver's blog entry at Strike.TV. The Challenge will be featured when their first slate is released on September 8. So, sign up at Strike.TV to be kept in the loop!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, November 23
The Simpsons - "Brick Like Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer wakes up in a world where his family and everyone in Springfield are made of Legos. Can he “put together” how he got there, and figure out how to get home before he’s stuck in a world of bricks forever?
Mulaney - "Patriot Acts" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Jane starts dating a marine, John and Motif, feeling guilty for their lack of service, try to sign up for a USO Comedy Tour. Meanwhile, Lou recounts how war – and improv – are hell.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "USPIS" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While attempting to catch a drug dealer, Jake and Charles reluctantly join forces with the nerdy lead investigator at the U.S. Postal Service, Jack Danger (guest star Ed Helms). Meanwhile, the rest of the team helps Amy quit smoking.
Family Guy - "Grimm Job" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
From Grimm to Griffin, three classic fairy tales get a new Quahog spin, including “Jack and the Beanstalk,” “Little Red Riding Hood,” and “Cinderella.”
Bob's Burgers - "Dawn of the Peck" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
While Bob is boycotting the holiday, Linda and the kids spend Thanksgiving at the First Annual Fischoeder Turk-tacular Turkey Town Festival. However, a wild bird attack leads to total mayhem.
Austin & Ally - "Relationships and Red Carpets" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Austin's record label wants him to hide his relationship with Ally; Dez considers moving to Los Angeles to attend film school and be closer to his girlfriend.
Liv and Maddie - "Hoops-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Liv is offered the lead in a basketball movie; Willow and Maddie help teach her how to play basketball.
Sunday, November 23
- Meredith Baxter (Family Ties/Bridget Loves Bernie) - Meredith will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Impprovment) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Ken is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He discusses The Gambler on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Tune in to see Jennnifer on a repeat of The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke discusses her new book (There Was a Little Girl) on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) and Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Candace and Marilu will be on the Home & Family Holiday Special on Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT. It repeats at 10am ET/PT on Tuesday. Candace will also be on Arise TV on their website at 3pm and on Centric at 3am on Tuesday. She is a guest on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:30am. She will be on HuffPost Live at 1:00pm. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori and Dean McDermott talk about their fight to save their marriage on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Tim Meadows and Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Tim and Dan are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey talks about Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.