Friday, August 15, 2008
First up, we'll start with TV Land Canada. They will be adding Bizarre, Phil Silvers Show, and Ready or Not. Bizarre is a half-hour sketch comedy show produced by the CTV Television Network that contains slapstick sketches, monologues, TV parodies, and performances by guest stand-up comics. It will air weekdays 8-9am, 4-5pm, 11pm-12am, and 4-5am, and on weekends from 1-2pm, 8-9pm and 3-4am. Phil Silvers Show of course is the great sitcom that is known to all, it will air Fridays 11am-12pm, 9-10pm, and 3-4am. Finally, Ready or Not is the Canadian series that follow the ups and downs of life with best friends Amanda Zimm and Busy Ramone as they deal with adolescence, boys, family, school and friends. It will air weekends only from 9-10am, 6-7pm, and 2-3am.
Leaving the TV Land Canada line-up for now are King of Kensington, Smith & Smith, Smith & Smith Comedy Club, Adventures in Rainbow Country, Swiss Family Robinson, and New Lassie.
Among the highlights are the weekday "New Shows on the TV Land Block" from 10am-12pm, 8-10pm, and 2-4am with themed blocks (sitcom Monday, fantasy/love Tuesday, Canadian comedy Wednesday, crime cops Thursday, and classic comedy Friday). Marathons include an I Pity the Fool Labor Day morning marathon from 6am-9am starring Mr. T, followed by a 9-5 Lassie marathon featuring season one episodes of TV's hardest working dog. Spend a Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, Oct. 13 with a 24-hour marathon of Dallas starting at 6am, as they say be thankful you're not part of the Ewing family. Finally, tune in to TV Land Canada on Christmas Day starting at 6am for 24-hours of classic Christmas episodes of Lassie, Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi, Petticoat Junction, It's Garry Shandling's Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Hart to Hart, and 21 Jump Street.
View the full TV Land Canada Fall 2008 Schedule.
Next up we have DejaView and Teletoon Retro's Fall 2008 schedules. DejaView is removing The Ropers and Three's a Crowd from their line-up this fall, so if you're in Canada watch them this month on their weekend line-up and hopefully you saved/recorded all the episodes of each. Three's Company will of course remain on DejaView airing in its regular slots weekdays and weekends. Also leaving DejaView is Miami Vice, Green Acres, Hogan's Heroes. Who's the Boss joins the weekday line-up now as well instead of just weekends., while Maude returns to the line-up. Joing DejaView for the first time are Charles in Charge and Kate & Allie, both will air on weekends only, though.
Teletoon is adding a lot of new series. Joining are The Smurfs, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Banana Splits Adventure Show, Spider-Man, Reboot and Fraggle Rock.
Then we have the TVtropolis Fall 2008 Schedule.
TVtropolis of course was known as PRIME previously. Their line-up features a mix of sitcoms, game shows, reality series, and more. Sitcoms include Seinfeld, Married with Children, The Nanny, King of Queens, That '70s Show, Roseanne, Frasier, Friends, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Then we have SUN TV and CTS TV. SUN TV will have series such as My Secret Identity, The A-Team, Incredible Hulk, George Lopez, Becker, Scrubs and more.
CTS's fall line-up will start September 1 and will consist of sitcoms such as The Hogan Family, Facts of Life, Family Matters, Family Ties, Full House, Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley, with Saved by the Bell coming by January.
Check out the full SUN TV and CTS's Fall 2008 schedules.
Also, check out other cable network line-ups for Canada.
Tomorrow (Saturday, August 16, 2008), WCIU (The U in Chicago) celebrates the life and work of Chicago's King of Comedy, Bernie Mac, with an evening long on-air tribute from 5 to 9PM CT.
From 5:00 to 6:00PM, WCIU (The U) presents A Tribute to Bernie Mac. The special will feature exclusive Bernie Mac interviews from Bernie's appearances on Chicago Public School's Sports Edition, behind the scenes video, and tributes from local comedians and on-air personalities. The production is hosted by The U's George Blaise and co-produced by Weigel Broadcasting's Program Director Sean Long and Production Manager Randy King.
At 6:00 the tribute continues with his sitcom, The Bernie Mac Show. Mac's Emmy and Peabody award-winning comedy frequently featured guest stars. One of those stars, who also passed away this week, was the late Isaac Hayes. In honor of both men's memories, The U will feature an episode with Hayes and Mac.
At 7:00, a special episode of Stooge-A-Palooza, will air with co-host Bernie Mac. Throughout the evening, The U will air short interviews with local and national personalities. This interviews will show them reflecting on their personal relationships with Bernie. Some of these interviews include Dee Dee Davis (actress, The Bernie Mac Show), Camille Winbush (actress, The Bernie Mac Show), WGCI's Tony Sculfield and Power 92's Lisa E.
The Bernie Mac Show airs weeknights at 7 and 7:30PM on WCIU (The U) and will move to 8PM on September 22, 2008 when it become the lead out for Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 4
The Millers - "Diggin' Up Bones" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In an attempt to get Carol to be more daring, Kip encourages her to confront her former Central Elementary School work nemesis at the woman’s retirement party. Molly Shannon guest stars as Miss Pam, Carol’s former work rival.
The Millers - "When the Pope Comes Marching In" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Pope is scheduled to come to town, Nathan’s planned week-long series of reports hits a snag when Ray gets a job offer to become the cameraman for a rival field reporter.
The McCarthys - "Gerard's Engagement Party" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The McCarthy family is reluctant to celebrate Gerard and Katrina’s engagement, but when Gerard gets on the wrong Boston Harbor Cruise ship, Marjorie is forced to bond with her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Meanwhile, Sean hits it off with Katrina’s mother, and Arthur judges Jackie for how her baby was conceived. Jean Smart guest stars as Lydia, Katrina’s mother.
The McCarthys - "Cutting the Cord" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When the McCarthys realize they have become extremely dependent on one another, they make a family bet to see who can be independent the longest. Meanwhile, Jackie hides her pregnancy while on a date.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.