Friday, August 15, 2008
First up, we'll start with TV Land Canada. They will be adding Bizarre, Phil Silvers Show, and Ready or Not. Bizarre is a half-hour sketch comedy show produced by the CTV Television Network that contains slapstick sketches, monologues, TV parodies, and performances by guest stand-up comics. It will air weekdays 8-9am, 4-5pm, 11pm-12am, and 4-5am, and on weekends from 1-2pm, 8-9pm and 3-4am. Phil Silvers Show of course is the great sitcom that is known to all, it will air Fridays 11am-12pm, 9-10pm, and 3-4am. Finally, Ready or Not is the Canadian series that follow the ups and downs of life with best friends Amanda Zimm and Busy Ramone as they deal with adolescence, boys, family, school and friends. It will air weekends only from 9-10am, 6-7pm, and 2-3am.
Leaving the TV Land Canada line-up for now are King of Kensington, Smith & Smith, Smith & Smith Comedy Club, Adventures in Rainbow Country, Swiss Family Robinson, and New Lassie.
Among the highlights are the weekday "New Shows on the TV Land Block" from 10am-12pm, 8-10pm, and 2-4am with themed blocks (sitcom Monday, fantasy/love Tuesday, Canadian comedy Wednesday, crime cops Thursday, and classic comedy Friday). Marathons include an I Pity the Fool Labor Day morning marathon from 6am-9am starring Mr. T, followed by a 9-5 Lassie marathon featuring season one episodes of TV's hardest working dog. Spend a Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, Oct. 13 with a 24-hour marathon of Dallas starting at 6am, as they say be thankful you're not part of the Ewing family. Finally, tune in to TV Land Canada on Christmas Day starting at 6am for 24-hours of classic Christmas episodes of Lassie, Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi, Petticoat Junction, It's Garry Shandling's Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Hart to Hart, and 21 Jump Street.
View the full TV Land Canada Fall 2008 Schedule.
Next up we have DejaView and Teletoon Retro's Fall 2008 schedules. DejaView is removing The Ropers and Three's a Crowd from their line-up this fall, so if you're in Canada watch them this month on their weekend line-up and hopefully you saved/recorded all the episodes of each. Three's Company will of course remain on DejaView airing in its regular slots weekdays and weekends. Also leaving DejaView is Miami Vice, Green Acres, Hogan's Heroes. Who's the Boss joins the weekday line-up now as well instead of just weekends., while Maude returns to the line-up. Joing DejaView for the first time are Charles in Charge and Kate & Allie, both will air on weekends only, though.
Teletoon is adding a lot of new series. Joining are The Smurfs, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Banana Splits Adventure Show, Spider-Man, Reboot and Fraggle Rock.
Then we have the TVtropolis Fall 2008 Schedule.
TVtropolis of course was known as PRIME previously. Their line-up features a mix of sitcoms, game shows, reality series, and more. Sitcoms include Seinfeld, Married with Children, The Nanny, King of Queens, That '70s Show, Roseanne, Frasier, Friends, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Then we have SUN TV and CTS TV. SUN TV will have series such as My Secret Identity, The A-Team, Incredible Hulk, George Lopez, Becker, Scrubs and more.
CTS's fall line-up will start September 1 and will consist of sitcoms such as The Hogan Family, Facts of Life, Family Matters, Family Ties, Full House, Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley, with Saved by the Bell coming by January.
Check out the full SUN TV and CTS's Fall 2008 schedules.
Also, check out other cable network line-ups for Canada.
Tomorrow (Saturday, August 16, 2008), WCIU (The U in Chicago) celebrates the life and work of Chicago's King of Comedy, Bernie Mac, with an evening long on-air tribute from 5 to 9PM CT.
From 5:00 to 6:00PM, WCIU (The U) presents A Tribute to Bernie Mac. The special will feature exclusive Bernie Mac interviews from Bernie's appearances on Chicago Public School's Sports Edition, behind the scenes video, and tributes from local comedians and on-air personalities. The production is hosted by The U's George Blaise and co-produced by Weigel Broadcasting's Program Director Sean Long and Production Manager Randy King.
At 6:00 the tribute continues with his sitcom, The Bernie Mac Show. Mac's Emmy and Peabody award-winning comedy frequently featured guest stars. One of those stars, who also passed away this week, was the late Isaac Hayes. In honor of both men's memories, The U will feature an episode with Hayes and Mac.
At 7:00, a special episode of Stooge-A-Palooza, will air with co-host Bernie Mac. Throughout the evening, The U will air short interviews with local and national personalities. This interviews will show them reflecting on their personal relationships with Bernie. Some of these interviews include Dee Dee Davis (actress, The Bernie Mac Show), Camille Winbush (actress, The Bernie Mac Show), WGCI's Tony Sculfield and Power 92's Lisa E.
The Bernie Mac Show airs weeknights at 7 and 7:30PM on WCIU (The U) and will move to 8PM on September 22, 2008 when it become the lead out for Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.