Friday, August 15, 2008
First up, we'll start with TV Land Canada. They will be adding Bizarre, Phil Silvers Show, and Ready or Not. Bizarre is a half-hour sketch comedy show produced by the CTV Television Network that contains slapstick sketches, monologues, TV parodies, and performances by guest stand-up comics. It will air weekdays 8-9am, 4-5pm, 11pm-12am, and 4-5am, and on weekends from 1-2pm, 8-9pm and 3-4am. Phil Silvers Show of course is the great sitcom that is known to all, it will air Fridays 11am-12pm, 9-10pm, and 3-4am. Finally, Ready or Not is the Canadian series that follow the ups and downs of life with best friends Amanda Zimm and Busy Ramone as they deal with adolescence, boys, family, school and friends. It will air weekends only from 9-10am, 6-7pm, and 2-3am.
Leaving the TV Land Canada line-up for now are King of Kensington, Smith & Smith, Smith & Smith Comedy Club, Adventures in Rainbow Country, Swiss Family Robinson, and New Lassie.
Among the highlights are the weekday "New Shows on the TV Land Block" from 10am-12pm, 8-10pm, and 2-4am with themed blocks (sitcom Monday, fantasy/love Tuesday, Canadian comedy Wednesday, crime cops Thursday, and classic comedy Friday). Marathons include an I Pity the Fool Labor Day morning marathon from 6am-9am starring Mr. T, followed by a 9-5 Lassie marathon featuring season one episodes of TV's hardest working dog. Spend a Canadian Thanksgiving on Monday, Oct. 13 with a 24-hour marathon of Dallas starting at 6am, as they say be thankful you're not part of the Ewing family. Finally, tune in to TV Land Canada on Christmas Day starting at 6am for 24-hours of classic Christmas episodes of Lassie, Happy Days, Joanie Loves Chachi, Petticoat Junction, It's Garry Shandling's Show, The Andy Griffith Show, Hart to Hart, and 21 Jump Street.
View the full TV Land Canada Fall 2008 Schedule.
Next up we have DejaView and Teletoon Retro's Fall 2008 schedules. DejaView is removing The Ropers and Three's a Crowd from their line-up this fall, so if you're in Canada watch them this month on their weekend line-up and hopefully you saved/recorded all the episodes of each. Three's Company will of course remain on DejaView airing in its regular slots weekdays and weekends. Also leaving DejaView is Miami Vice, Green Acres, Hogan's Heroes. Who's the Boss joins the weekday line-up now as well instead of just weekends., while Maude returns to the line-up. Joing DejaView for the first time are Charles in Charge and Kate & Allie, both will air on weekends only, though.
Teletoon is adding a lot of new series. Joining are The Smurfs, Wait Til Your Father Gets Home, The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries, The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Banana Splits Adventure Show, Spider-Man, Reboot and Fraggle Rock.
Then we have the TVtropolis Fall 2008 Schedule.
TVtropolis of course was known as PRIME previously. Their line-up features a mix of sitcoms, game shows, reality series, and more. Sitcoms include Seinfeld, Married with Children, The Nanny, King of Queens, That '70s Show, Roseanne, Frasier, Friends, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Then we have SUN TV and CTS TV. SUN TV will have series such as My Secret Identity, The A-Team, Incredible Hulk, George Lopez, Becker, Scrubs and more.
CTS's fall line-up will start September 1 and will consist of sitcoms such as The Hogan Family, Facts of Life, Family Matters, Family Ties, Full House, Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley, with Saved by the Bell coming by January.
Check out the full SUN TV and CTS's Fall 2008 schedules.
Also, check out other cable network line-ups for Canada.
Tomorrow (Saturday, August 16, 2008), WCIU (The U in Chicago) celebrates the life and work of Chicago's King of Comedy, Bernie Mac, with an evening long on-air tribute from 5 to 9PM CT.
From 5:00 to 6:00PM, WCIU (The U) presents A Tribute to Bernie Mac. The special will feature exclusive Bernie Mac interviews from Bernie's appearances on Chicago Public School's Sports Edition, behind the scenes video, and tributes from local comedians and on-air personalities. The production is hosted by The U's George Blaise and co-produced by Weigel Broadcasting's Program Director Sean Long and Production Manager Randy King.
At 6:00 the tribute continues with his sitcom, The Bernie Mac Show. Mac's Emmy and Peabody award-winning comedy frequently featured guest stars. One of those stars, who also passed away this week, was the late Isaac Hayes. In honor of both men's memories, The U will feature an episode with Hayes and Mac.
At 7:00, a special episode of Stooge-A-Palooza, will air with co-host Bernie Mac. Throughout the evening, The U will air short interviews with local and national personalities. This interviews will show them reflecting on their personal relationships with Bernie. Some of these interviews include Dee Dee Davis (actress, The Bernie Mac Show), Camille Winbush (actress, The Bernie Mac Show), WGCI's Tony Sculfield and Power 92's Lisa E.
The Bernie Mac Show airs weeknights at 7 and 7:30PM on WCIU (The U) and will move to 8PM on September 22, 2008 when it become the lead out for Tyler Perry's House of Payne.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, April 21
Fresh Off the Boat - "So Chineez" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessica fears her family has assimilated so much to life in Orlando that they’ve lost their Chinese identity. So she drives everyone nuts making them reconnect with their culture, from Louis, who she insists decline an invite to join the country club, to Eddie, who she makes do a report on China for his World Day project.
New Girl - "Shark" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Winston graduates from the Police Academy, Nick and Coach worry when they see his new training officer (guest star Nasim Pedrad, "Mulaney"). Meanwhile, Jess uses Schmidt to try and influence a councilwoman (guest star Zoe Lister Jones, “Friends with Better Lives”) to stop the night construction taking place outside the loft.
Weird Loners - "Weird Knight" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As a favor, Caryn reluctantly goes on a date with a nerdy guy from Eric’s human chess league, but becomes interested in him when he doesn’t call her back following their dinner. Meanwhile, Stosh becomes Zara’s “agent” and gets her to enter an art contest.
Undataeable - "A Priest Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Justin (Bren Morin) calls Danny (Chris D'Elia) a loser, Danny is motivated to make a career move to prove him wrong. Meanwhile, Leslie (Bianca Kajlich) persuades Justin to be tough with Danny. Back at the bar, Candace (Bridgit Mendler) tries to help Shelly (Ron Funches) deal with being just a booty-call and never the boyfriend.
One Big Happy - "A Tale of Two Hubbies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
On a group trip to Las Vegas, Luke (Nick Zano), Prudence (Kelly Brook) and Lizzy (Elisha Cuthberg) visit the chapel where Nick and Prudence got married – only to discover that it was a sham and their marriage is not legal. Lizzy takes it upon herself to plan a spectacular new wedding with a special surprise. However, the group is in for an even bigger surprise about Prudence’s past life in England.
Your Family or Mine - "The Couch" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ricky plans on throwing out Oliver's childhood couch, but both he and Jason are ready to fight for it. Claire panics when Louis brings home a piece of art that features her in the nude.
Younger - "Girl Code" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After lending Kelsey a hand in the bathroom, Liza joins Kelsey's inner circle and neglects Maggie at the worst possible time. Diana's excited by the arrival of Empirical's handsome and potentially soon-to-be-divorced publisher.
Mann & Wife - "Mann-datory" (Bounce TV, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Daniel and Michael are forced to attend communication therapy; the kids fight for equal rights of their household chores.
Tuesday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Catch Courteney on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Watch Betty on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- John C. McGinley (Ground Floor/Scrubs) - John is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani serves up braised tri-tip roast on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David and David Burtka from the new musical It Shoulda Been You are guests on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan cracks the audience up with his celebrity impressions on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Chris D'Elia (Undateable/Whitney) and Brent Morin (Undateable) - Chris and Brent are guests on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/She's the Sheriff/Step by Step) - Suzanne reveals the devastating family health crisis that took years to diagnose and the 4 point detox checklist that she says helped save her and her family’s life on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori talks about her two Hallmark Channel projects Garage Sale Mystery: The Deadly Room and the return of her show When Calls the Heart on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. She will also be on KTLA 5 in Los Angeles live at 9:30am PT.
- Romeo Miller (Romeo!) - Romeo will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie can be heard on Sirius XM's Morning Mash Up at 9:30am.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick talks about Adult Beginners on SI Now.
- Jeremy Miller (Growing Pains) - Jeremy is a guest on NewsNation on MSNBC at 11am.