Sunday, July 06, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 23-29)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- Family Guy (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- American Dad! (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - Just 750,000 viewers this week for a repeat, but that was a tad up actually from the week before.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 700,000 viewers for a repeat, exactly the same from previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat...built from lead-in and exactly the same from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.04 million for a repeat...better than previous week and the only show on The CW this week to go above a million...and this show is canceled now.
Summer Week 6 (June 30-July 6)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.47 million for a repeat...a bit up from the previous week. Next two weeks the show will also repeat at 9:30pm starting tomorrow.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.42 million for a repeat airing, same from previous week, and it didn't build on the lead-in, very rare.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.48 million for a repeat, down week to week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 6.88 million for a repeat ... down as well from previous week...now this show is on hiatus.
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. There will be a Facts of Life reference soon.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 4th of July weekend, so we don't have final numbers yet for Wednesday and Thursday.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 7) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air a new 60 Minutes I believe at 7pm followed by the season finale of Million Dollar Password at 8pm with guests Monique Coleman and Damien Fahey and NBC's U.S. Olympic Trials will air from 7-9pm, followed by a new Dateline from 9-11pm. A pretty quite night and dare I say it boring?
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with the two-hour finale of The Bachelorette followed by the After the Final Rose special, The Mole returns next week. NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by the trimmed down Nashville Star at 9pm and yet another Dateline at 10pm. Quiet night...ABC will bring in good ratings with that finale. Read yesterday's blog for all those July 7 reminders on cable.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with The Moment of Truth at 8pm and Hell's Kitchen at 9pm. ABC has the hilarious new hit Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show & Primetime: The Outsiders from 8-11pm. NBC has Celebrity Family Feud at 8pm leading into the summer hit America's Got Talent which is now only an hour. This is the best night of the summer, as Wipeout is the perfect show to air in the summer!
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new Baby Borrowers at 9pm following a repeat at 8pm and an all-new episode of the low-rated Celebrity Circus at 10. ABC will be new at 10pm with Primetime: Crime. Maybe this is the worst night for the summer (not counting Friday/Saturday).
On Thursday ABC will air episode three of the well liked ABCNews' Hopkins series at 10pm. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will launch a new show at 8pm called Greatest American Dog, which to me seems like a show that will be a big bomb, and another episode of the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm, which has gone down each week. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 9-11pm following a repeat at 8pm. Low rated drama Fear Itself will return next week. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday, ABC will be all-new, all-night on Friday with Dance Machine at 8 followed by the addictive game show Duel and the news magazine 20/20 closes the night at 10pm. NBC will be new from 9-11pm with another edition of Dateline. CBS will launch a new scripted drama actually at 10pm titled Flashpoint. Don't expect big numbers. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and a two-hour 48 Hours on CBS from 9-11pm.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 1
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj’s “Murder Mystery” party starts some fights within the gang.
Mike & Molly - "Mike & Molly's Excellent Adventure" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly is determined to get Mike out of his routine and tells him to embrace doing anything they want in life.
Two and a Half Men - "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan lets Lyndsey’s boyfriend Larry set him up on a date. Meanwhile, Walden offers to help Nicole with her software project so she’ll have time to date him. Marion Ross makes a special appearance. Jeff Probst returns for a second special appearance.
Partners - "Doug Day Afternoon" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marcus hires a former client and recently paroled ex-convict to work in the office, Allen suspects the once-criminal to have ulterior motives.
Partners - "How to Get a Head in Advertising" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Allen and Marcus decide to make a commercial for their practice, Allen's inflated ego takes the helm and creates a disaster.
Anger Management - "Charlie and the Temper of Doom" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie struggles to control his anger after meeting a hot girl who doesn't date angry guys.
Anger Management - "Charlie Gets Trashed" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes to war with his garbage man.
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.