Sunday, July 06, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 23-29)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- Family Guy (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- American Dad! (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - Just 750,000 viewers this week for a repeat, but that was a tad up actually from the week before.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 700,000 viewers for a repeat, exactly the same from previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat...built from lead-in and exactly the same from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.04 million for a repeat...better than previous week and the only show on The CW this week to go above a million...and this show is canceled now.
Summer Week 6 (June 30-July 6)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.47 million for a repeat...a bit up from the previous week. Next two weeks the show will also repeat at 9:30pm starting tomorrow.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.42 million for a repeat airing, same from previous week, and it didn't build on the lead-in, very rare.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.48 million for a repeat, down week to week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 6.88 million for a repeat ... down as well from previous week...now this show is on hiatus.
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. There will be a Facts of Life reference soon.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 4th of July weekend, so we don't have final numbers yet for Wednesday and Thursday.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 7) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air a new 60 Minutes I believe at 7pm followed by the season finale of Million Dollar Password at 8pm with guests Monique Coleman and Damien Fahey and NBC's U.S. Olympic Trials will air from 7-9pm, followed by a new Dateline from 9-11pm. A pretty quite night and dare I say it boring?
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with the two-hour finale of The Bachelorette followed by the After the Final Rose special, The Mole returns next week. NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by the trimmed down Nashville Star at 9pm and yet another Dateline at 10pm. Quiet night...ABC will bring in good ratings with that finale. Read yesterday's blog for all those July 7 reminders on cable.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with The Moment of Truth at 8pm and Hell's Kitchen at 9pm. ABC has the hilarious new hit Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show & Primetime: The Outsiders from 8-11pm. NBC has Celebrity Family Feud at 8pm leading into the summer hit America's Got Talent which is now only an hour. This is the best night of the summer, as Wipeout is the perfect show to air in the summer!
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new Baby Borrowers at 9pm following a repeat at 8pm and an all-new episode of the low-rated Celebrity Circus at 10. ABC will be new at 10pm with Primetime: Crime. Maybe this is the worst night for the summer (not counting Friday/Saturday).
On Thursday ABC will air episode three of the well liked ABCNews' Hopkins series at 10pm. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will launch a new show at 8pm called Greatest American Dog, which to me seems like a show that will be a big bomb, and another episode of the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm, which has gone down each week. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 9-11pm following a repeat at 8pm. Low rated drama Fear Itself will return next week. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday, ABC will be all-new, all-night on Friday with Dance Machine at 8 followed by the addictive game show Duel and the news magazine 20/20 closes the night at 10pm. NBC will be new from 9-11pm with another edition of Dateline. CBS will launch a new scripted drama actually at 10pm titled Flashpoint. Don't expect big numbers. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and a two-hour 48 Hours on CBS from 9-11pm.
The Middle - "Stormy Moon" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie is gobsmacked when she is handcuffed, arrested and taken to the police station. But when she discovers that her arrest was over an unreturned library book, she sets her sights on the only person she suspects to be the real guilty party - Brick. Meanwhile, Sue doesn't know how to express her feelings of disdain to Reverend TimTom over his new partner and girlfriend, Reverend Tammy (Casey Wilson, “Happy Endings”), and Axl and Cassidy reunite during Spring Break but find themselves mostly kissing and not talking to one another.
Suburgatory - "I'm Just Not Into Me" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Tessa drags Malik and Lisa to a college party, she meets a male version of herself and becomes enamored. They see eye-to-eye on everything and it’s almost the perfect relationship. Meanwhile, Dallas enlists a matchmaker to set her and Dalia up, but the matchmaker convinces Dallas to date herself and she decides to get back to basics with a new look.
Modern Family - "Other People's Children" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
It’s male-bonding day when Jay takes Luke into the garage to show him the way around tools and impart some manly wisdom, and Gloria goes with Claire and Lily to shop for Lily’s flower girl dress. Elsewhere, Mitch, Cam, Alex and Manny go for a cultured day at the museum but it eventually becomes survival of the smartest. And Phil enthusiastically offers to help Andy with his anniversary gift to his girlfriend, which is an elaborate video expression of his love.
Mixology - "Bruce & Jessica" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bruce is as abrasive as they come and when he sets his eyes on Jessica, a single mom from New Jersey, he thinks she’s easy prey. He’s very quickly rejected, but he ignores Tom and Cal’s advice to abort the mission and he continues to pursue her. Meanwhile, Liv decides to indulge her curiosity with Ron, but that leads to some unexpected trouble.
Men at Work - "Jude Awakening" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Tyler attempts to ask Jude out on a date, but her past gets in the way. Worried that Gibbs is bottling up his emotions, Milo tries to get him to cry. The big source of Neal's sexual anxiety is revealed.
Men at Work - "Odd Milo Out" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler and Jude try to keep their new relationship a secret. Milo, already feeling left out since quitting Full Steam, has his traditional movie night taken away from him. Gibbs is hurt when Neal finds a new apartment. PJ tells a paranoid Myron to expect big changes in the office.
Melissa & Joey - "To Tell the Truth" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel and Joe's friendship with another couple is jeopardized when a secret is revealed; Zander comes to Ryder for help after he flunks out of art school.
Baby Daddy - "A Knight to Remember" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tucker tries to hide the fact that he's not a lawyer when his father arrives for an unexpected visit; Riley develops a crush on a British stranger; a trip to a Renaissance fair leads to subway shenanigans.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Permission Granted" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Philip asks Danny for permission to take his mother on a date.
Wednesday, March 12
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Watch Krysten on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy talks about the new season of Cougar Town on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie will be a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Dave Franco (Scrubs/Do Not Disturb) - Dave visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kevin Bigley and Jessica McNamee (Sirens) - The cast of Sirens will be guests on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - Atticus appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lori Loughlin (Full House) - Lori will be on Morning Joe on MSNBC between 6-9am.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Wilmer Valderamma (That '70s Show) - Wilmer stops by Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.