Sunday, July 06, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 23-29)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- Family Guy (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- American Dad! (Fox) - Preempted for a movie.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - Just 750,000 viewers this week for a repeat, but that was a tad up actually from the week before.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 700,000 viewers for a repeat, exactly the same from previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat...built from lead-in and exactly the same from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.04 million for a repeat...better than previous week and the only show on The CW this week to go above a million...and this show is canceled now.
Summer Week 6 (June 30-July 6)
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.47 million for a repeat...a bit up from the previous week. Next two weeks the show will also repeat at 9:30pm starting tomorrow.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.42 million for a repeat airing, same from previous week, and it didn't build on the lead-in, very rare.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.48 million for a repeat, down week to week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 6.88 million for a repeat ... down as well from previous week...now this show is on hiatus.
- None...watch Wipeout on ABC, very funny show that is not a sitcom. There will be a Facts of Life reference soon.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 4th of July weekend, so we don't have final numbers yet for Wednesday and Thursday.
Coming Week Preview (Summer Week 7) for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air a new 60 Minutes I believe at 7pm followed by the season finale of Million Dollar Password at 8pm with guests Monique Coleman and Damien Fahey and NBC's U.S. Olympic Trials will air from 7-9pm, followed by a new Dateline from 9-11pm. A pretty quite night and dare I say it boring?
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with the two-hour finale of The Bachelorette followed by the After the Final Rose special, The Mole returns next week. NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by the trimmed down Nashville Star at 9pm and yet another Dateline at 10pm. Quiet night...ABC will bring in good ratings with that finale. Read yesterday's blog for all those July 7 reminders on cable.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with The Moment of Truth at 8pm and Hell's Kitchen at 9pm. ABC has the hilarious new hit Wipeout, I Survived a Japanese Game Show & Primetime: The Outsiders from 8-11pm. NBC has Celebrity Family Feud at 8pm leading into the summer hit America's Got Talent which is now only an hour. This is the best night of the summer, as Wipeout is the perfect show to air in the summer!
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new Baby Borrowers at 9pm following a repeat at 8pm and an all-new episode of the low-rated Celebrity Circus at 10. ABC will be new at 10pm with Primetime: Crime. Maybe this is the worst night for the summer (not counting Friday/Saturday).
On Thursday ABC will air episode three of the well liked ABCNews' Hopkins series at 10pm. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will launch a new show at 8pm called Greatest American Dog, which to me seems like a show that will be a big bomb, and another episode of the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm, which has gone down each week. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 9-11pm following a repeat at 8pm. Low rated drama Fear Itself will return next week. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday, ABC will be all-new, all-night on Friday with Dance Machine at 8 followed by the addictive game show Duel and the news magazine 20/20 closes the night at 10pm. NBC will be new from 9-11pm with another edition of Dateline. CBS will launch a new scripted drama actually at 10pm titled Flashpoint. Don't expect big numbers. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will have Cops and AMW on Fox and a two-hour 48 Hours on CBS from 9-11pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, July 24
The Simpsons - "Puffless" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Upon learning that their father really died of lung cancer, Selma and Patty agree to quit smoking. When Selma relapses, an angry Patty moves in with Marge and Homer.
Bob's Burgers - "Sacred Couch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a family vote rules against buying a new couch during TV Night, Louise takes matters into her own hands. The Belchers take sides as they are forced to decide whether memories are enough to keep their family sofa. Will they take the Sofa Queen’s advice and learn to love a new couch?
The Simpsons - " Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Karen Peralta" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On his birthday, Jake brings Amy to meet his mother (guest star Katey Sagal), but a surprise appearance by his dad (guest star Bradley Whitford) throws a wrench in his special day. Meanwhile, Rosa and Charles struggle with a new mandate regarding body cams while on a stakeout with Terry, and Gina forgets to inform the precinct about an important plan of Holt’s.
Family Guy - "Scammed Yankees" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lois and her mom, Babs, have a relaxing spa day, leaving Peter to entertain Lois’ father, Carter. The boys fall for an email scam, and have to go to Africa to get their money back. Meanwhile, Brian pursues Meg’s friend, Patty.
The Last Man on Earth - "Pitch Black" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike Miller’s (guest star Jason Sudeikis) space capsule careens through the sky toward Earth, finally putting him on the same planet as his big brother, Phil/Tandy (Will Forte). Mike thinks he is the last man on earth, but who knows what or whom he might encounter.
K.C. Undercover - "Sup, Dawg?" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
K.C. woefully takes on a new partner, canine spy Dexter, to help her catch a group of criminals smuggling fireworks.
Bizaardvark - "Superfan" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Paige and Frankie discover they have their first superfan, Belissa, and feel like they have truly ``made it.''
Still the King - "Hands on a Hard Vessel" (CMT, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Ronnie, Debbie and Charlotte attend a ``hands on a hard boat'' competition.
Sunday, July 24
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Danny McBride (Vice Principals/Eastbound & Down) - Watch Danny on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Christina Applegate (Up All Night/Samantha Who?/Married with Children) - Christina visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. She dishes on her upcoming September Wedding on People Now at 8:30am.
- Joe Morton (Grady) - Joe appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Anna Gunn (Down the Shore) - Anna talks about her new movie Equity on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.