Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Nick at Nite July 2008 Highlights; TV Land Orders 2nd Season for She's Got The Look; AmericanLife TV Honors George Carlin
As we mentioned previously, Nick at Nite will premiere The N's new series Queen Bees and The N's Student Body with two simulcast airings on Friday, July 11 at 9pm and 10pm.
For the full regular schedule and details on the Nick at Nite July 2008 stunts, head on over to our Nick at Nite July 2008 thread.
Following impressive ratings gains and steady growth in popularity, TV Land has announced today that it has renewed its original reality series She's Got The Look for a second season. Emmy Award-Winner Allison Grodner will return as executive producer.
Premiering in 2009, the second season of She's Got The Look will expand from six episodes to eight and will again set out to discover a sophisticated, beautiful and confident woman 35 or older destined for supermodel stardom.
Season one of She's Got The Look has been averaging 633,000 total viewers, an increase of 17% versus channel total day average with a median age of 46. Among Adults 25-54, it has been posting a 0.4 rating (409,000 viewers), up 63% in both rating and viewers over channel total day average. Among Adults 40-54 it is posting a 0.5 rating (262,000 viewers), up 33% in rating and 34% in viewers.
The first season finale airs Wednesday, July 9 at 10:00PM on TV Land.
AmericanLife TV Network, the cable network devoted to the Baby Boomer generation, will air a special tribute to legendary comedian, George Carlin on Monday, July 7, 2008 at 8:00pm ET and 10:00pm PT. The special includes footage from George Carlins' early days on the hit show, Tony Orlando and Dawn Rainbow Hour.
For a few minutes each week George had the stage to himself, sharing with the audience the humor he found in every day words and situations.
The special consists entirely of his segments from the series with only an introductory voice over. One of these segments, done over 30 years ago, now has a special meaning:
"In reviewing the shows" said Mark Ringwald, VP of Programming for ALN, "one of the segments contained a five minutes routine of his on death and comedians (when comedians do well, they "kill," when they do poorly, they "die"). It was so funny and yet now so poignant that we felt it would be fitting conclusion to the special."
"These were some of his funniest routines and since it was on Tony Orlando its all G rated and so it's a perfect way for the entire family to enjoy his unique sense of humor."
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 20
Superstore - "Dog Adoption Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After new parents Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) get into a fight, Amy (America Ferrera) and Glenn (Mark McKinney) take vastly different approaches in giving them advice. Meanwhile, Mateo (Nico Santos) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) get assigned to handle dog adoptions in the store and work feverishly to get all of the dogs adopted once they find out what will happen to the dogs if they don't. Dina (Lauren Ash) refuses to adjust Garrett's (Colton Dunn) timecard based on "store rules," leaving Garrett happy to taunt Dina in revenge.
The Good Place - "The Eternal Shriek" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) and Chidi (William Jackson Harper) set off on a quest with Janet (D'Arcy Carden) as their guide. Meanwhile, Tahani (Jameela Jamil) attempts to show Michael (Ted Danson) how much he is appreciated.
Better Things - "Duke's Chorus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam and the family go-to-meeting.
Thursday, October 20
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Catch Elijah on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Mila appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt chats about Man with a Plan on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) - Derek appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Patrice Lovely (Love Thy Neighbor) - Patrice visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach and the cast of Keeping Up with the Joneses will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Victoria Justice (Victorious/Zoey 101) - Victoria talks about The Rocky Horror Picture Show on People Now at 8:30am.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie is a guest on Harry on Netflix.