Friday, July 04, 2008
If you're staying indoors to beat the heat, then there are some marathons on TV for you!
Sci Fi will bring its Twilight Zone 4th of July marathon once again. It actually started Thursday and will run until early Saturday morning! TNT has what else, an all-day Law & Order marathon starting at 8am. USA has a JAG and the spin-off NCIS marathon starting at 10am until 11pm. TV Land has quite a few marathons, starting with original series She's Got The Look from 9am-2pm, followed by the classic sitcom I Love Lucy from 2pm-7pm and again from 1am-2pm the next day, followed by Hogan's Heroes on Saturday from 2pm-7pm and again Sunday from 1am-4pm. They will also run the movies National Lampoon's Vacation and National Lampoon's European Vacation this weekend. BET launches The Steve Harvey Show this weekend with hour slots from 4-5pm all weekend. FX will be king of the hill this 4th of July with a King of the Hill marathon from 9am-6pm. Encore Westerns will launch Maverick at high noon until midnight, pardners. ABC Family will launch That '70s Show with a marathon from 11am-7:30pm, leading into a Harry Potter weekend.
If you like more movies, TBS has some action movies starting at 10am while Lifetime brings Christmas to July with holiday movies starting at 9am. Fox Movie Channel will air an all day marathon of ID4, that's Independence Day starring Will Smith. Spike TV also has some movies on tap.
If you're in the Los Angeles, CA area, KTLA will air a cool sitcom marathon. Hang out and hang ten with the California surfer chick Gidget in The 4th of July Gidget Marathon on Friday, July 4 from 10am-3pm PT. Surfs up!
Other marathons include Dirty Jobs on Discovery Channel, Predator related documentaries on MSNBC, Cheaters on G4, Comedy Central Presents on Comedy Central, America's Next Top Model on MTV, Chowder on Cartoon Network, Paranormal State on A&E, I Love New York on VH1, Family Reunion on TV One, Raw Nature on Animal Planet, What Not To Wear on TLC, The Next Food Network Star on Food Network, The Revolution on History, and more. Some weird stuff.
We mentioned like two months ago or so that Sci Fi Channel has struck a deal with CBS Paramount to air many shows. As you all know, Star Trek: The Next Generation has already started airing in a block on Mondays starting at 7pm. Slowly other shows will be incorporated. The should haven never been canceled drama Joan of Arcadia starring Amber Tamblyn, Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen, and Jason Ritter is coming to Sci Fi next Friday (July 11) airing Fridays at 8PM. That is a nice tribute to the series, as the show originally aired Fridays at 8PM on CBS for its two seasons. Then in August, the drama series The Sentinel will be airing in the daytime rotation marathon (10am-4pm) in many spots starting in August. And in September, the drama Seven Days will get the weekday treatment, airing weekdays at 4pm starting September 2. So far no other news on the Paramount shows like Mork & Mindy and Highlander, but stay tuned, as soon as we know, we will post!
In other Sci Fi news, Lost reruns will air Mondays 7-11pm starting September 15, which means Star Trek: The Next Generation will be on the move to Tuesdays at 7pm.
Enjoy the fireworks and don't forget to come on back tomorrow to see the blog!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 30
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Breakup" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Although Eve insists she’s OK after her first high school break-up, everyone has an opinion as to how she should deal with her feelings. To take her mind off it, Mike has her tag along to watch sports on Ed’s new 120-inch TV. Also, while shopping for Kristin’s wedding dress, she and Mandy fight over how Kristin broke up with Kyle.
Cristela - "Hypertension" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Daniela is worried that Cristela is neglecting her health due to her beyond-busy schedule. Daniela suggests that maybe if Cristela lost a few pounds, she could find herself a husband and ultimately mirror the life Daniela lives now. Cristela retorts by saying she doesn’t want Daniela’s life or her looks, she’s happy with who she is and being career focused. The tables are turned when Daniela coaxes Cristela down to a free clinic to test their blood pressure and it’s revealed Daniela is the one who should be concerned. Meanwhile at the office, Josh tries to impress Trent by volunteering to learn CPR and Maddie decides to teach him a lesson he won’t forget.
Friday, January 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Catch Kaley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation/House of Lies) - Ben appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4pm.
- Eric Andre (2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Rainn appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony talks about his return to Broadway, rumors of a Taxi reunion and which team he's rooting for in the Super Bowl on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim talks about the final season of Parks and Recreation on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great party recipes on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.