Friday, July 04, 2008
If you're staying indoors to beat the heat, then there are some marathons on TV for you!
Sci Fi will bring its Twilight Zone 4th of July marathon once again. It actually started Thursday and will run until early Saturday morning! TNT has what else, an all-day Law & Order marathon starting at 8am. USA has a JAG and the spin-off NCIS marathon starting at 10am until 11pm. TV Land has quite a few marathons, starting with original series She's Got The Look from 9am-2pm, followed by the classic sitcom I Love Lucy from 2pm-7pm and again from 1am-2pm the next day, followed by Hogan's Heroes on Saturday from 2pm-7pm and again Sunday from 1am-4pm. They will also run the movies National Lampoon's Vacation and National Lampoon's European Vacation this weekend. BET launches The Steve Harvey Show this weekend with hour slots from 4-5pm all weekend. FX will be king of the hill this 4th of July with a King of the Hill marathon from 9am-6pm. Encore Westerns will launch Maverick at high noon until midnight, pardners. ABC Family will launch That '70s Show with a marathon from 11am-7:30pm, leading into a Harry Potter weekend.
If you like more movies, TBS has some action movies starting at 10am while Lifetime brings Christmas to July with holiday movies starting at 9am. Fox Movie Channel will air an all day marathon of ID4, that's Independence Day starring Will Smith. Spike TV also has some movies on tap.
If you're in the Los Angeles, CA area, KTLA will air a cool sitcom marathon. Hang out and hang ten with the California surfer chick Gidget in The 4th of July Gidget Marathon on Friday, July 4 from 10am-3pm PT. Surfs up!
Other marathons include Dirty Jobs on Discovery Channel, Predator related documentaries on MSNBC, Cheaters on G4, Comedy Central Presents on Comedy Central, America's Next Top Model on MTV, Chowder on Cartoon Network, Paranormal State on A&E, I Love New York on VH1, Family Reunion on TV One, Raw Nature on Animal Planet, What Not To Wear on TLC, The Next Food Network Star on Food Network, The Revolution on History, and more. Some weird stuff.
We mentioned like two months ago or so that Sci Fi Channel has struck a deal with CBS Paramount to air many shows. As you all know, Star Trek: The Next Generation has already started airing in a block on Mondays starting at 7pm. Slowly other shows will be incorporated. The should haven never been canceled drama Joan of Arcadia starring Amber Tamblyn, Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen, and Jason Ritter is coming to Sci Fi next Friday (July 11) airing Fridays at 8PM. That is a nice tribute to the series, as the show originally aired Fridays at 8PM on CBS for its two seasons. Then in August, the drama series The Sentinel will be airing in the daytime rotation marathon (10am-4pm) in many spots starting in August. And in September, the drama Seven Days will get the weekday treatment, airing weekdays at 4pm starting September 2. So far no other news on the Paramount shows like Mork & Mindy and Highlander, but stay tuned, as soon as we know, we will post!
In other Sci Fi news, Lost reruns will air Mondays 7-11pm starting September 15, which means Star Trek: The Next Generation will be on the move to Tuesdays at 7pm.
Enjoy the fireworks and don't forget to come on back tomorrow to see the blog!
Mike & Molly - "First Christmas" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike has no idea what to buy Molly for their first Christmas together.
Mike & Molly - "Karaoke Christmas" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Even while portraying Santa, Mike cannot contain his frustrations over Molly’s Christmas spending and warns unsuspecting children about the dangers of maxing out credit cards to buy toys. Later, while Molly’s family enjoys holiday festivities at home – complete with Christmas carols on Victoria’s new karaoke machine – Mike and Molly get roped into spending Christmas Eve at church with Mike’s mother and boss. Gerald McRaney guest stars as Police Captain Patrick Murphy, Mike’s boss.
The Thundermans - "Weekend Guest" (8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe volunteers to take the class Venus Fly Trap home for the weekend, but when Max performs an experiment on it, the plant keeps growing until it threatens to take over the whole house.
The Thundermans - "You Stole My Thunder, Man" (8:30PM ET/PT)
When Max wins the school election that Phoebe had been working hard for, Phoebe plots revenge.
Monday, December 9
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Watch Queen Latifah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louie Anderson (Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Faith Ford (Hope & Faith/Murphy Brown) - Faith visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Constance Marie (George Lopez) - Constance talks about her role on the ABC Family hit Switched at Birth on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kim Richards (Hello, Larry) - Kim chats on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Elise Neal (The Hughleys) - Elise is part of the guest panel on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Katey Sagal (8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Tune in to see Katey on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom discusses his role in Saving Mr. Banks on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.