Friday, July 04, 2008
If you're staying indoors to beat the heat, then there are some marathons on TV for you!
Sci Fi will bring its Twilight Zone 4th of July marathon once again. It actually started Thursday and will run until early Saturday morning! TNT has what else, an all-day Law & Order marathon starting at 8am. USA has a JAG and the spin-off NCIS marathon starting at 10am until 11pm. TV Land has quite a few marathons, starting with original series She's Got The Look from 9am-2pm, followed by the classic sitcom I Love Lucy from 2pm-7pm and again from 1am-2pm the next day, followed by Hogan's Heroes on Saturday from 2pm-7pm and again Sunday from 1am-4pm. They will also run the movies National Lampoon's Vacation and National Lampoon's European Vacation this weekend. BET launches The Steve Harvey Show this weekend with hour slots from 4-5pm all weekend. FX will be king of the hill this 4th of July with a King of the Hill marathon from 9am-6pm. Encore Westerns will launch Maverick at high noon until midnight, pardners. ABC Family will launch That '70s Show with a marathon from 11am-7:30pm, leading into a Harry Potter weekend.
If you like more movies, TBS has some action movies starting at 10am while Lifetime brings Christmas to July with holiday movies starting at 9am. Fox Movie Channel will air an all day marathon of ID4, that's Independence Day starring Will Smith. Spike TV also has some movies on tap.
If you're in the Los Angeles, CA area, KTLA will air a cool sitcom marathon. Hang out and hang ten with the California surfer chick Gidget in The 4th of July Gidget Marathon on Friday, July 4 from 10am-3pm PT. Surfs up!
Other marathons include Dirty Jobs on Discovery Channel, Predator related documentaries on MSNBC, Cheaters on G4, Comedy Central Presents on Comedy Central, America's Next Top Model on MTV, Chowder on Cartoon Network, Paranormal State on A&E, I Love New York on VH1, Family Reunion on TV One, Raw Nature on Animal Planet, What Not To Wear on TLC, The Next Food Network Star on Food Network, The Revolution on History, and more. Some weird stuff.
We mentioned like two months ago or so that Sci Fi Channel has struck a deal with CBS Paramount to air many shows. As you all know, Star Trek: The Next Generation has already started airing in a block on Mondays starting at 7pm. Slowly other shows will be incorporated. The should haven never been canceled drama Joan of Arcadia starring Amber Tamblyn, Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen, and Jason Ritter is coming to Sci Fi next Friday (July 11) airing Fridays at 8PM. That is a nice tribute to the series, as the show originally aired Fridays at 8PM on CBS for its two seasons. Then in August, the drama series The Sentinel will be airing in the daytime rotation marathon (10am-4pm) in many spots starting in August. And in September, the drama Seven Days will get the weekday treatment, airing weekdays at 4pm starting September 2. So far no other news on the Paramount shows like Mork & Mindy and Highlander, but stay tuned, as soon as we know, we will post!
In other Sci Fi news, Lost reruns will air Mondays 7-11pm starting September 15, which means Star Trek: The Next Generation will be on the move to Tuesdays at 7pm.
Enjoy the fireworks and don't forget to come on back tomorrow to see the blog!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 25
The Big Bang Theory - "The Line Substitution Solution" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon hires Stuart to spend the day with Amy when he’d rather go to a movie screening. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly (Christine Baranski), comes to town and Penny struggles to make a connection with her.
Life in Pieces - "Prank Assistant Gum Puppy" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Feeling threatened by Jen’s very handsome new assistant, Jake (Gregg Sulkin), Greg tries to appear more masculine. Also, Heather and Tim pull a prank on Tyler’s school, Joan secretly lets Sophia chew gum even though Heather forbids it, and John takes his new puppy on a date with Colleen and her dog, Princess.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Rolling in the Deep" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Someone from the band's past shows up as tension reaches an all time high.
Bunk'd - "Zuri Had a Little Lamb" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The boys find that Gladys has been hiding a secret in the woods; Lou assigns Emma and Zuri to barn duty.
Thursday, August 25
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- David Krumholtz (Partners/The Trouble with Normal/Chicago Sons) - David is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) - Jane appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- George Lopez (Lopez/Saint George/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Ritter (Another Period/The Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts a repeat of LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:07am on BET or on your local stations.
- Miriam Shor (Younger/Big Day/Inside Schwartz) - Miriam is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John Krasinksi (The Office) - John talks about The Hollars on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- John Corbett (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/United States of Tara) - John dishes on his comedy-drama series Northern Exposure on People Now at 8:30am.
- Reid Scott (Veep/My Boys) - Reid is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika discusses Southside with You on the AOL Build Show at 3pm and on Essence Live at 4pm.