Sunday, June 15, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 2-8)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 4.21 million viewers...down from previous week.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, down a tad week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat is not that bad at all, but down a tad from the week before.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 5.08 million for a repeat is OK, but it great retention from the lead-in...the best ever probably, even though it was a repeat.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat airing...down a bit from previous week.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.04 million a repeat, up from previous week and built on the lead-in!
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.08 million for a repeat...better than previous week, as 3 of the 4 sitcoms went over 1 million, as previous week none did.
- The Bill Engvall Show (CBS) - Special CBS airing did 6.41 million, better than Big Bang Theory the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat airing, up week to week, but did not build on the lead-in for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall could do well on CBS if aired here.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 10.72 million for a repeat, up nearly a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.51 million for a repeat ... up week to week.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.2 million, up from the below 1 million the previous week.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.28 million. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Special Friday at 9 and 9:30pm encores averaged a preliminary 3.28 million...up a tad week to week. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air The Tony Awards at 8pm and NBC's U.S. Open Golf coverage will spill into primetime in the east/central zones to 9pm ET, followed by a new SNL Primetime Special on Mike Myers until 11pm. Game 5 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Barack Obama and David Cook) before the game (after the game out west). Celtics could wrap it up tonight, but Kobe and the Lakers will live on for a game 6 I think (and hoping for a game 7).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 6 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night before the game (after the game out west)..if necessary for both, if not repeats of Jim/Samantha/Boston Legal will air. NBC has a a new Deal or No Deal on a special night 8pm leading into the season premiere of the summer series America's Got Talent from 9-11pm, while CBS has the special AFI's 10 Top 10 Movies from 8-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into a 90-minute Celebrity Circus. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday the NBA and ABC will be praying that the NBA Finals goes to a game 7. If so, ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 7 of The NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics...if not repeats of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy will air. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have the 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards from 8-10 followed by the SOAPnet series MVP airing at 10 for one time only and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see ABC premiere the new movie Camp Rock starring the Jonas Brothers from 8-11pm, and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (May 21)
The Game - "The Pre-Season Game Episode" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
Blue struggles with his feelings after learning that Keira was a virgin before she slept with him. Meanwhile, Jason’s suspicions of Chardonnay cheating with Rick comes to a head, re...
Let's Stay Together - "Kita's Got a Gun" (BET, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Kita worries that Charlie, her father, may drive Troy away with his crazy personality, but Charles becomes offended when the two of them actually hit it off. Jamal gets suspicio...