Sunday, June 15, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 2-8)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 4.21 million viewers...down from previous week.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, down a tad week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat is not that bad at all, but down a tad from the week before.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 5.08 million for a repeat is OK, but it great retention from the lead-in...the best ever probably, even though it was a repeat.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat airing...down a bit from previous week.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.04 million a repeat, up from previous week and built on the lead-in!
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.08 million for a repeat...better than previous week, as 3 of the 4 sitcoms went over 1 million, as previous week none did.
- The Bill Engvall Show (CBS) - Special CBS airing did 6.41 million, better than Big Bang Theory the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat airing, up week to week, but did not build on the lead-in for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall could do well on CBS if aired here.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 10.72 million for a repeat, up nearly a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.51 million for a repeat ... up week to week.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.2 million, up from the below 1 million the previous week.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.28 million. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Special Friday at 9 and 9:30pm encores averaged a preliminary 3.28 million...up a tad week to week. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air The Tony Awards at 8pm and NBC's U.S. Open Golf coverage will spill into primetime in the east/central zones to 9pm ET, followed by a new SNL Primetime Special on Mike Myers until 11pm. Game 5 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Barack Obama and David Cook) before the game (after the game out west). Celtics could wrap it up tonight, but Kobe and the Lakers will live on for a game 6 I think (and hoping for a game 7).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 6 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night before the game (after the game out west)..if necessary for both, if not repeats of Jim/Samantha/Boston Legal will air. NBC has a a new Deal or No Deal on a special night 8pm leading into the season premiere of the summer series America's Got Talent from 9-11pm, while CBS has the special AFI's 10 Top 10 Movies from 8-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into a 90-minute Celebrity Circus. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday the NBA and ABC will be praying that the NBA Finals goes to a game 7. If so, ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 7 of The NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics...if not repeats of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy will air. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have the 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards from 8-10 followed by the SOAPnet series MVP airing at 10 for one time only and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see ABC premiere the new movie Camp Rock starring the Jonas Brothers from 8-11pm, and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 30
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Breakup" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Although Eve insists she’s OK after her first high school break-up, everyone has an opinion as to how she should deal with her feelings. To take her mind off it, Mike has her tag along to watch sports on Ed’s new 120-inch TV. Also, while shopping for Kristin’s wedding dress, she and Mandy fight over how Kristin broke up with Kyle.
Cristela - "Hypertension" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Daniela is worried that Cristela is neglecting her health due to her beyond-busy schedule. Daniela suggests that maybe if Cristela lost a few pounds, she could find herself a husband and ultimately mirror the life Daniela lives now. Cristela retorts by saying she doesn’t want Daniela’s life or her looks, she’s happy with who she is and being career focused. The tables are turned when Daniela coaxes Cristela down to a free clinic to test their blood pressure and it’s revealed Daniela is the one who should be concerned. Meanwhile at the office, Josh tries to impress Trent by volunteering to learn CPR and Maddie decides to teach him a lesson he won’t forget.
Friday, January 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Catch Kaley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation/House of Lies) - Ben appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4pm.
- Eric Andre (2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Rainn appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony talks about his return to Broadway, rumors of a Taxi reunion and which team he's rooting for in the Super Bowl on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim talks about the final season of Parks and Recreation on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great party recipes on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.