Sunday, June 15, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 2-8)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 4.21 million viewers...down from previous week.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, down a tad week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat is not that bad at all, but down a tad from the week before.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 5.08 million for a repeat is OK, but it great retention from the lead-in...the best ever probably, even though it was a repeat.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat airing...down a bit from previous week.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.04 million a repeat, up from previous week and built on the lead-in!
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.08 million for a repeat...better than previous week, as 3 of the 4 sitcoms went over 1 million, as previous week none did.
- The Bill Engvall Show (CBS) - Special CBS airing did 6.41 million, better than Big Bang Theory the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat airing, up week to week, but did not build on the lead-in for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall could do well on CBS if aired here.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 10.72 million for a repeat, up nearly a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.51 million for a repeat ... up week to week.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.2 million, up from the below 1 million the previous week.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.28 million. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Special Friday at 9 and 9:30pm encores averaged a preliminary 3.28 million...up a tad week to week. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air The Tony Awards at 8pm and NBC's U.S. Open Golf coverage will spill into primetime in the east/central zones to 9pm ET, followed by a new SNL Primetime Special on Mike Myers until 11pm. Game 5 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Barack Obama and David Cook) before the game (after the game out west). Celtics could wrap it up tonight, but Kobe and the Lakers will live on for a game 6 I think (and hoping for a game 7).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 6 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night before the game (after the game out west)..if necessary for both, if not repeats of Jim/Samantha/Boston Legal will air. NBC has a a new Deal or No Deal on a special night 8pm leading into the season premiere of the summer series America's Got Talent from 9-11pm, while CBS has the special AFI's 10 Top 10 Movies from 8-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into a 90-minute Celebrity Circus. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday the NBA and ABC will be praying that the NBA Finals goes to a game 7. If so, ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 7 of The NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics...if not repeats of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy will air. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have the 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards from 8-10 followed by the SOAPnet series MVP airing at 10 for one time only and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see ABC premiere the new movie Camp Rock starring the Jonas Brothers from 8-11pm, and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, November 21
Last Man Standing - "Changing Light Bulbs" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike realizes Vanessa has given away his remaining and beloved incandescent light bulbs, he and Chuck go on a mission to track down some of the old-school bulbs. Meanwhile, Mandy announces she’s moving out of the house into her own apartment but leaves out a major detail.
Cristela - "Enter Singing" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cristela, wanting to expose the kids to more cultural opportunities, tries to convince Felix to let Henry see “West Side Story.” But in doing that, Felix worries that his son’s interests will be changing and they won’t have as much in common as he gets older.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets Friendship" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A lesson about forms of government inspires Lucas, Riley and Farkle to each run for 7th-grade class president.
Jessie - "Ride to Riches" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jessie's in a rush to make an audition when she and Ravi end up on a game-show inside of their taxi called ``Ride to Riches.''
Friday, November 21
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/The Jeffersons/Good Times) - Catch Norman on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. He talks about his book (Even This I Get to Experience) with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Cristin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin discusses his new book on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate talks about Bad Judge on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna chats about Disney Channel's Sofia the First: The Curse of Princess Ivy on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Chelsa Peretti (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Chelsea talks about her Netflix comedy special Chelsea Pettri: One of the Greats on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations. She is also tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril co-hosts Rachael Ray for their Thanksgiving two-day event, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Maria Canals Barrera (Cristela/Wizards of Waverly Place) - Maria joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin will be on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:22am.