Sunday, June 15, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 2-8)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 4.21 million viewers...down from previous week.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, down a tad week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat is not that bad at all, but down a tad from the week before.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 5.08 million for a repeat is OK, but it great retention from the lead-in...the best ever probably, even though it was a repeat.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat airing...down a bit from previous week.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.04 million a repeat, up from previous week and built on the lead-in!
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.08 million for a repeat...better than previous week, as 3 of the 4 sitcoms went over 1 million, as previous week none did.
- The Bill Engvall Show (CBS) - Special CBS airing did 6.41 million, better than Big Bang Theory the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat airing, up week to week, but did not build on the lead-in for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall could do well on CBS if aired here.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 10.72 million for a repeat, up nearly a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.51 million for a repeat ... up week to week.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.2 million, up from the below 1 million the previous week.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.28 million. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Special Friday at 9 and 9:30pm encores averaged a preliminary 3.28 million...up a tad week to week. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air The Tony Awards at 8pm and NBC's U.S. Open Golf coverage will spill into primetime in the east/central zones to 9pm ET, followed by a new SNL Primetime Special on Mike Myers until 11pm. Game 5 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Barack Obama and David Cook) before the game (after the game out west). Celtics could wrap it up tonight, but Kobe and the Lakers will live on for a game 6 I think (and hoping for a game 7).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 6 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night before the game (after the game out west)..if necessary for both, if not repeats of Jim/Samantha/Boston Legal will air. NBC has a a new Deal or No Deal on a special night 8pm leading into the season premiere of the summer series America's Got Talent from 9-11pm, while CBS has the special AFI's 10 Top 10 Movies from 8-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into a 90-minute Celebrity Circus. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday the NBA and ABC will be praying that the NBA Finals goes to a game 7. If so, ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 7 of The NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics...if not repeats of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy will air. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have the 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards from 8-10 followed by the SOAPnet series MVP airing at 10 for one time only and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see ABC premiere the new movie Camp Rock starring the Jonas Brothers from 8-11pm, and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 29
The Simpsons - "Super Franchise Me" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Marge opens a sandwich franchise store after her sandwiches become a huge hit at Springfield Elementary. But running day-to-day at the store proves challenging, especially when the same franchise opens another location across the street.
Bob's Burgers - "Carpe Museum" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While acting as a parent chaperone on the school’s trip to the museum, Bob has a father-daughter bonding moment with Louise. Meanwhile, Gene and his friends are on a hunt to find exhibits that feature the female anatomy. Also, Tina questions her dorkiness and, on the steps of the museum, Linda lends her unique chanting abilities to striking museum workers.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Family Guy - "Our Idiot Brian" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Meg convinces Brian to take the SATs for her, but when he tests poorly, they start to suspect that Brian might not be that smart, after all. Naturally, Peter shows Brian the joys of being stupid and the benefits of having a low IQ.
The Last Man on Earth - "She Drives Me Crazy" / "Mooovin' In" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Phil Miller continues to live in Tucson.
I Didn't Do It - "Logan Finds Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Logan is dumped by his girlfriend; Lindy, Garrett and Delia find out that Jasmine likes Logan but she begs her friends to keep her secret.
K.C. Undercover - "Daddy's Little Princess" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Coopers are tasked with protecting Prince Promomomo; Craig becomes worried when K.C. and the Prince begin flirting.
Sunday, March 29
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore) - Betty talks about her passion for life on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Regina King (227) - Catch Regina on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Watch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/The Hotwives of Orlando/30 Rock) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Becki Newton (Weird Loners/The Goodwin Games/How I Met Your Mother) - Becki appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. Becki and Zachary Knighton will also be on Good Day LA on Fox 11 LA KTTV in Los Angeles.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about the game show Monopoly Millionaires’ Club on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace discusses her new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original A Bone to Pick: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kevin Rahm (I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Kevin talks about what to expect on the final season of his popular show Mad Men on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton discusses her starring role in TV Land's Younger and talks about her exciting solo debut at Carnegie Hall on HuffPost Live at 3:40pm.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob is a guest on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am.
- The Cast of Younger - Patricia Field, Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor, Nico Tortorella and creator Darren Star are guests on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.