Sunday, June 15, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 2-8)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did only 4.21 million viewers...down from previous week.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.74 million for a repeat airing, down a tad week-to-week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.15 million for a repeat is not that bad at all, but down a tad from the week before.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 5.08 million for a repeat is OK, but it great retention from the lead-in...the best ever probably, even though it was a repeat.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 940,000 viewers for a repeat airing...down a bit from previous week.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 1.04 million a repeat, up from previous week and built on the lead-in!
- The Game (The CW) - 1.11 million for a repeat...built from lead-in and up from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 1.08 million for a repeat...better than previous week, as 3 of the 4 sitcoms went over 1 million, as previous week none did.
- The Bill Engvall Show (CBS) - Special CBS airing did 6.41 million, better than Big Bang Theory the previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.3 million for a repeat airing, up week to week, but did not build on the lead-in for the first time in ages...maybe Engvall could do well on CBS if aired here.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 10.72 million for a repeat, up nearly a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.51 million for a repeat ... up week to week.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - A new episode did 1.2 million, up from the below 1 million the previous week.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - Repeat at 8pm only mustered 3.28 million. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Special Friday at 9 and 9:30pm encores averaged a preliminary 3.28 million...up a tad week to week. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air The Tony Awards at 8pm and NBC's U.S. Open Golf coverage will spill into primetime in the east/central zones to 9pm ET, followed by a new SNL Primetime Special on Mike Myers until 11pm. Game 5 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Barack Obama and David Cook) before the game (after the game out west). Celtics could wrap it up tonight, but Kobe and the Lakers will live on for a game 6 I think (and hoping for a game 7).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC has American Gladiators at 8pm, followed by a two-hour Nashville Star at 9pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 6 of the NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night before the game (after the game out west)..if necessary for both, if not repeats of Jim/Samantha/Boston Legal will air. NBC has a a new Deal or No Deal on a special night 8pm leading into the season premiere of the summer series America's Got Talent from 9-11pm, while CBS has the special AFI's 10 Top 10 Movies from 8-11pm.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into a 90-minute Celebrity Circus. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday the NBA and ABC will be praying that the NBA Finals goes to a game 7. If so, ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 7 of The NBA Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics...if not repeats of Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy will air. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will air new episodes of sitcoms The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have the 35th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards from 8-10 followed by the SOAPnet series MVP airing at 10 for one time only and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see ABC premiere the new movie Camp Rock starring the Jonas Brothers from 8-11pm, and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 27
Modern Family - "The Day We Almost Died" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While driving out to get breakfast, the Dunphys including Manny have a near death experience causing everyone to reevaluate their lives. Claire resolves to be more fun and less uptight, Haley and Alex agree not to fight anymore, Manny refuses to ever ride in a car again, Luke wants to check off his bucket list, Phil decides to be a take action type of guy and the rest of the family has to bear the brunt of all the new attitudes.
black-ish - "Pilot" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Dre, an advertising exec, is happily anticipating a promotion at work, which would make him the firm’s first African American senior vice president. Rainbow, an anesthesiologist, is looking forward to Dre’s raise. Meanwhile, Andre Jr. makes an announcement — he’s converting to Judaism so he can have a Bar Mitzvah, like all his friends.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Part Two" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi is bewildered when long-held secrets are revealed; a big opportunity lands in Gabi's lap.
Hot in Cleveland - "Hot in Cleveland: Hot Damn!" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The cast and crew talk about their favorite episodes, bloopers and behind the scenes moments after six seasons of Hot in Cleveland.
The Soul Man - "Roar!" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Stamps gets sucked into a self-help philosophy called The Roar, Boyce crashes a seminar to see if it’s legit. Lolli tries to get her salon on St. Louis Weekly’s hot list, and Barton refuses to go to the dentist.
Wednesday, May 27
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up!/Bob Patterson) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Kat and Beth are guests on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. Beth will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men/The Famous Teddy Z) and Ashton Kutcher (Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Jon and Ashton are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jerry Ferrara (Entourage) - Jerry visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - Kevin talks about his new film Entourage on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Just Shoot Me! and Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Wendie and Jane are guests on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret discusses her new tour on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about Results on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida talks about Hot Girls Wanted on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) and Shirl Appleby (Sunday Dinner/Knight & Daye) - Constance and Shirl talk about Unreal on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/Scrubs/A.U.S.A.) - Scott is a guest on People Now.