Sunday, June 08, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 26-June 1)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did 4.49 million viewers...OK I guess.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.97 million for a repeat airing.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.22 million for a repeat is not that bad at all.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.6 million for a repeat is OK, but it was the second highest of the animated block actually.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 970,000 viewers for a repeat airing...up ever so slightly from previous week at least.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers a repeat, on par with previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for a repeat...built a bit from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 960,00 viewers for a repeat...built on lead-in and better than previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.58 million for a repeat airing, worse than the Memorial Day airing the previous week, odd.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.02 million for a repeat airing, building on the lead-in, but as with the lead-in down from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.81 million for a repeat, down a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.12 million for a repeat ... down a bit week to week.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 3.9 and 3.8 million for two repeats, down from previous week...but those were all-new episodes.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 3.49 and 3.42 million for two repeats but down from previous week, as maybe because Jim was new last week. NBA Finals take over the next Tuesday or two.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 990,00 viewers for a new episode...down a bit from previous week. Over a million looks better than less, doesn' it?
None. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Airing for the next two Fridays at 9 and 9:30pm. Two repeats averaged a preliminary 3.24 million. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air week two of Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 once again. Game 2 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Adam Sandler and Eminem) before the game (after the game out west).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC will try to get American Gladiators back on track at 8pm, followed by the two-hour premiere of Nashville Star at 9pm. And as we mentioned Friday, CBS will have a special encore of TBS sitcom The Bill Engvall Show at 8pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 3 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guest David Beckham) before the game (after the game out west). NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into the 90-minute premiere of Celebrity Circus. ABC will be new at 10pm with the series finale of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air a special Million Dollar Password with guest Betty White at 8pm and the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will launch new seasons each of The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see CBS air 48 Hours at 8pm and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 26
The Goldbergs - "Fonzie Scheme" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Murray is honored as one of Jenkintown’s top businessmen, his plaque is hung on a wall with all of the other honorees. And soon Beverly is dismayed to learn he has no discernable hobbies, and her attempts to help him find some backfire. Meanwhile, Barry creates a scheme stealing golf carts, but the situation goes awry and Erica comes to save the day.
Speechless - "R-U-N-- RUNAWAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya learns JJ attempted to run away, she is determined to help him complete the task as any able-bodied person could, but her actions exasperate JJ, as he longs for independence. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to have hard talks with the kids without Maya, and Dylan tries to get Kenneth to revive his glory days as a high school sports star.
black-ish - "Sister, Sister" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bow’s sister comes to town after filming a stint on a reality show, and they couldn’t have less in common. Meanwhile, Zoey suggests that Dre spend more time with Junior since she’s leaving for college, and Jack and Diane decide to rebrand themselves.
black-ish - "All Groan Up" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Zoey gets into several colleges around the country, Dre and Bow begin to feel worried and sentimental. They reflect back on memories they’ve had with the family and wonder what life will be like without her around all the time. Pops enlists the twins to try and sway Zoey to go to college in a city they want to visit.
Nobodies - "Not the Emmys" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Award season! Larry, Rachel and Hugh are going to the Annies… while all their Groundlings friends are going to the Emmys.
Lopez - "No Country Club for Young Men" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George gets Hector a job at his country club, but he falls in with a bad crowd of rich kids. Olly's little sister rolls back into town while Manolo struggles to stay focused in his GED class.
Hollywood Darlings - "Driving Miss Jodie" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jodie must choose between a sports car and a minivan; Christine's dream of participating in an exclusive yoga class is thwarted by a loud-breathing celebrity classmate.
Return of the Mac - "The Wrong Stuff" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Feeling threatened by newly appointed sidekick Joey Fatone, Joe heads to a comedy club to hone his comedy monologue skills.
Wednesday, April 26
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Henry Zebrowski (A to Z) - Henry is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about the disease she won’t let destroy her on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your loclal listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity makes pecan bars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.