Sunday, June 08, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 26-June 1)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did 4.49 million viewers...OK I guess.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.97 million for a repeat airing.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.22 million for a repeat is not that bad at all.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.6 million for a repeat is OK, but it was the second highest of the animated block actually.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 970,000 viewers for a repeat airing...up ever so slightly from previous week at least.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers a repeat, on par with previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for a repeat...built a bit from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 960,00 viewers for a repeat...built on lead-in and better than previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.58 million for a repeat airing, worse than the Memorial Day airing the previous week, odd.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.02 million for a repeat airing, building on the lead-in, but as with the lead-in down from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.81 million for a repeat, down a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.12 million for a repeat ... down a bit week to week.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 3.9 and 3.8 million for two repeats, down from previous week...but those were all-new episodes.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 3.49 and 3.42 million for two repeats but down from previous week, as maybe because Jim was new last week. NBA Finals take over the next Tuesday or two.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 990,00 viewers for a new episode...down a bit from previous week. Over a million looks better than less, doesn' it?
None. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Airing for the next two Fridays at 9 and 9:30pm. Two repeats averaged a preliminary 3.24 million. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air week two of Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 once again. Game 2 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Adam Sandler and Eminem) before the game (after the game out west).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC will try to get American Gladiators back on track at 8pm, followed by the two-hour premiere of Nashville Star at 9pm. And as we mentioned Friday, CBS will have a special encore of TBS sitcom The Bill Engvall Show at 8pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 3 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guest David Beckham) before the game (after the game out west). NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into the 90-minute premiere of Celebrity Circus. ABC will be new at 10pm with the series finale of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air a special Million Dollar Password with guest Betty White at 8pm and the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will launch new seasons each of The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see CBS air 48 Hours at 8pm and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 22
Last Man Standing - "Hard-ass Teacher" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eve has decided she wants to go to college at West Point. In order to do so she needs to get straight A’s, which might be a problem considering her geometry teacher, Mr. Hardin, is called “Hard-ass” Hardin for a reason. In turn, Eve asks Mike and Vanessa for their approval to switch teachers to an easier class -- a move Vanessa approves of but one that Mike sees as just the easy way out.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Jessie - "Coffee Talk" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie scores two VIP wristbands to Emma and Zuri's dream concert and the girls compete for the extra spot; Bertram is obsessed with his new talking coffee maker.
Dog with a Blog - "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan's secret talent is revealed to the family's neighbor, Karl; he doesn't find out about the blog, the moon walking or the driving, though.
Friday, August 22
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Tune in to see Mary on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Tune in to see Mayim on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Learn how Cedric is killing his cholesterol on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.