Sunday, June 08, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 26-June 1)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did 4.49 million viewers...OK I guess.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.97 million for a repeat airing.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.22 million for a repeat is not that bad at all.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.6 million for a repeat is OK, but it was the second highest of the animated block actually.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 970,000 viewers for a repeat airing...up ever so slightly from previous week at least.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers a repeat, on par with previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for a repeat...built a bit from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 960,00 viewers for a repeat...built on lead-in and better than previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.58 million for a repeat airing, worse than the Memorial Day airing the previous week, odd.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.02 million for a repeat airing, building on the lead-in, but as with the lead-in down from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.81 million for a repeat, down a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.12 million for a repeat ... down a bit week to week.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 3.9 and 3.8 million for two repeats, down from previous week...but those were all-new episodes.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 3.49 and 3.42 million for two repeats but down from previous week, as maybe because Jim was new last week. NBA Finals take over the next Tuesday or two.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 990,00 viewers for a new episode...down a bit from previous week. Over a million looks better than less, doesn' it?
None. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Airing for the next two Fridays at 9 and 9:30pm. Two repeats averaged a preliminary 3.24 million. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air week two of Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 once again. Game 2 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Adam Sandler and Eminem) before the game (after the game out west).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC will try to get American Gladiators back on track at 8pm, followed by the two-hour premiere of Nashville Star at 9pm. And as we mentioned Friday, CBS will have a special encore of TBS sitcom The Bill Engvall Show at 8pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 3 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guest David Beckham) before the game (after the game out west). NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into the 90-minute premiere of Celebrity Circus. ABC will be new at 10pm with the series finale of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air a special Million Dollar Password with guest Betty White at 8pm and the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will launch new seasons each of The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see CBS air 48 Hours at 8pm and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 2
Mike & Molly - "The Wreck of the Vincent Moranto" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike is upset and disappointed when Vince bails on finishing a do-it-yourself project they started together.
Mike & Molly - "Baby, Please Don't Go" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Molly brings home a pregnant former student she discovers is homeless.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mystery Date Observation" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon, Wolowitz and Koothrappali post an online advertisement to find Sheldon a new girlfriend. Also, when Amy is coy with details about a guy she is dating, Penny and Bernadette decide to spy. Stephen Merchant guest stars as the mystery man, Dave, and Analeigh Tipton guest stars as Vanessa.
The Odd Couple - "Oscar's Oveture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Oscar attempts to impress Charlotte (Teri Hatcher) by purchasing a table for a fundraiser to benefit The New York Philharmonic. At the event, Felix reminds Oscar about the importance of being honest and Teddy introduces his wife, Diane (Sheryl Underwood), to Dani for the first time.
American Dad - "The Nova Centauris-burgh Board of Tourism Presents: American Dad" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Francine joins Steve and his pals for a live-action role-playing game; Stan opens a Seaworld knock-off in the house.
Angie Tribeca - "The B & B" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The kids recover from food poisoning at a bed and breakfast with southern hospitality and Russian vodka.
Monday, May 2
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Watch Louis on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Carol Kane (Taxi/American Dreamer/Pearl) - Carol drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - John visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki drops by The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/Notes from the Underbelly) - Rachael appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Amanda Crew (Silicon Valley) - Amanda stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris discusses Rosewood on the AOL Build Show at 3:45pm.
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill appears on The Doctors, so check your local listings.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on People Now.