Sunday, June 08, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 26-June 1)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did 4.49 million viewers...OK I guess.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.97 million for a repeat airing.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.22 million for a repeat is not that bad at all.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.6 million for a repeat is OK, but it was the second highest of the animated block actually.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 970,000 viewers for a repeat airing...up ever so slightly from previous week at least.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers a repeat, on par with previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for a repeat...built a bit from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 960,00 viewers for a repeat...built on lead-in and better than previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.58 million for a repeat airing, worse than the Memorial Day airing the previous week, odd.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.02 million for a repeat airing, building on the lead-in, but as with the lead-in down from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.81 million for a repeat, down a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.12 million for a repeat ... down a bit week to week.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 3.9 and 3.8 million for two repeats, down from previous week...but those were all-new episodes.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 3.49 and 3.42 million for two repeats but down from previous week, as maybe because Jim was new last week. NBA Finals take over the next Tuesday or two.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 990,00 viewers for a new episode...down a bit from previous week. Over a million looks better than less, doesn' it?
None. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Airing for the next two Fridays at 9 and 9:30pm. Two repeats averaged a preliminary 3.24 million. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air week two of Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 once again. Game 2 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Adam Sandler and Eminem) before the game (after the game out west).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC will try to get American Gladiators back on track at 8pm, followed by the two-hour premiere of Nashville Star at 9pm. And as we mentioned Friday, CBS will have a special encore of TBS sitcom The Bill Engvall Show at 8pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 3 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guest David Beckham) before the game (after the game out west). NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into the 90-minute premiere of Celebrity Circus. ABC will be new at 10pm with the series finale of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air a special Million Dollar Password with guest Betty White at 8pm and the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will launch new seasons each of The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see CBS air 48 Hours at 8pm and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 31
Fresh Off the Boat - "Tight Two" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis prides himself on being a fun dad, but after he has an accident and is forced to stay home with the boys, he scrambles to find ways to entertain the kids. And while Louis is stuck at home, Jessica struggles to manage the staff and the new takeout service at Cattleman’s Ranch.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Phillip Goldstein" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie tries to befriend the only other Chinese kid in school (guest star Albert Tsai, “Trophy Wife”), but he’s in for a letdown after he finds out that they have nothing in common; Louis feels betrayed when Mitch (Paul Scheer) accepts a job at the rival Golden Saddle.
Tuesday, May 31
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Catch Megan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael discusses hosting the 61st Drama Desk Awards on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley discusses her first ever beauty line Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jenna and her husband Bodhi discuss their hit podcast Kicking and Screaming on the the AOL Build Show at 5pm.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.