Sunday, June 08, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 26-June 1)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat airing did 4.49 million viewers...OK I guess.
King of the Hill (Fox) - Just 3.97 million for a repeat airing.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.22 million for a repeat is not that bad at all.
- American Dad! (Fox) - 4.6 million for a repeat is OK, but it was the second highest of the animated block actually.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 970,000 viewers for a repeat airing...up ever so slightly from previous week at least.
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers a repeat, on par with previous week.
- The Game (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for a repeat...built a bit from previous week.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 960,00 viewers for a repeat...built on lead-in and better than previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 5.58 million for a repeat airing, worse than the Memorial Day airing the previous week, odd.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.02 million for a repeat airing, building on the lead-in, but as with the lead-in down from previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.81 million for a repeat, down a million week to week.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.12 million for a repeat ... down a bit week to week.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 3.9 and 3.8 million for two repeats, down from previous week...but those were all-new episodes.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 3.49 and 3.42 million for two repeats but down from previous week, as maybe because Jim was new last week. NBA Finals take over the next Tuesday or two.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 990,00 viewers for a new episode...down a bit from previous week. Over a million looks better than less, doesn' it?
None. According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes -Airing for the next two Fridays at 9 and 9:30pm. Two repeats averaged a preliminary 3.24 million. None
Coming Week Preview for Broadcast (With Some Cable Notes):
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will air week two of Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11 once again. Game 2 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guests Adam Sandler and Eminem) before the game (after the game out west).
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by The Mole at 10 NBC will try to get American Gladiators back on track at 8pm, followed by the two-hour premiere of Nashville Star at 9pm. And as we mentioned Friday, CBS will have a special encore of TBS sitcom The Bill Engvall Show at 8pm.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. Game 3 of the intense NBA Finals on ABC between the Lakers and Celtics will air at 8:30pm ET following an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night (with guest David Beckham) before the game (after the game out west). NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. NBC will have an all-new 90-minute Deal or No Deal leading into the 90-minute premiere of Celebrity Circus. ABC will be new at 10pm with the series finale of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And yes, Farmer Wants a Wife is still new on The CW at 9pm.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. Fox will also be new all-night with Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? followed by So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air a special Million Dollar Password with guest Betty White at 8pm and the summer scripted series Swingtown at 10pm. And NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into horror series Fear Itself at 10. On cable, TBS will launch new seasons each of The Bill Engvall Show and My Boys from 9-10pm.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see CBS air 48 Hours at 8pm and Cops and AMW are of course new on Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 17
The Middle - "The Wonderful World of Hecks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The ultimate prank battle is on between brother and sister when Sue discovers that Axl stole the high school's Thundering Hens mascot head over a year ago, forcing Sue to wear an embarrassing chicken head in her role as the school mascot. Meanwhile, a friendless Dr. Goodwin tries to make friends with a reluctant Frankie and invites her to accompany him to after-work social gatherings, Frankie agrees to attempt to find her dog Colin Firth's owner if Mike tries - and fails - to make friends with him; and Brick tries to muster some interest in a recommended book on Debbie Reynolds.
The Goldbergs - "Livin' on a Prayer" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Murray learns his high school free throw record has been broken, he begrudgingly attends a banquet as the guest of honor. Reliving his glory years, his school spirit is re-energized until he is mocked by the crowd. Elsewhere at home, Barry decides to throw a party where he quickly loses the spotlight and it is up to Erica’s friend Lainey to help him get it back.
Modern Family - "The Wedding, Part 1" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Wedding planner extraordinaire Pepper Saltzman (guest star Nathan Lane) and assistant Ronaldo are busy coordinating Mitch and Cam's big day and wondering why that "boozy huss-hag" Sal (guest star Elizabeth Banks) is officiating. When a wildfire near the wedding site forces Pepper to push up the ceremony by four hours, Mitch, Cam and Lily are left scrambling to retrieve Cam's tux from the dry cleaners, which happens to be closed.
Modern Family - "The Wedding, Part 2" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The wedding day chaos continues as the entire party shifts from one contingency plan to another. Guests start to get testy, Mitchell and Cameron are feeling discouraged and poor Claire shows physical wear and tear, but an unexpected turn of events leads to the ceremony that everyone has been waiting for.
The League - "The Height Supremacist" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Andre gets punished by the rest of the League, Jenny picks her team based on height, Ellie invites Darren Sproles to a dance, Pete needs the help of TacoCorp.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Too Much Sex" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus accidentally takes canine fertility pills; Angela can only handle so much sex.
Wednesday, September 17
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Watch Ty on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Michal appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You) - Paul is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aimee Garcia (George Lopez/Greetings from Tucson) - Aimee visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about The Mindy Project on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about Celebrity Name Game on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tamera Mowery-Housley (Sister/Roommates) - Tamera and the ladies of The Real are guests on 106 & Park on BET at 6pm.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra talks about The Mysteries of Laura on NBC's Today between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) - Dawn discusses her new book (What Would Mary Ann Do? A Guide to Life) on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Cybill discusses her latest project on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.