Sunday, June 01, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 19-25)
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for the first summer repeat airing...you tell me if that is good or not?
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers for the first repeat airing, on par really with the lead-in...but this show is canceled.
- The Game (The CW) - 910,000 viewers for a repeat...not good.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 870,00 viewers for a repeat for the long-running sitcom that ended this year.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.25 million for the first summer repeat airing...not bad
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.65 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.81 million.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.47 million for a repeat is good...a typical retention.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.55 and 4.79 million for two all-new episodes, including the season finale. Should have done better, but it seems people never know when this airs.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 4.78 and 4.57 million for two repeats on a special night...not bad because it was on par with Jim.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 1.09 million for a new episode...up a bit from previous week.
The Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.74 million for a repeat on a special night...actually the second week in a row it has encored here.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.77 million for a repeat on a special night, as with the lead-in, aired the previous week here, too.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - NBC really likes to repeat this show in weird slots...8pm and 10:30pm this week: 3.44 and 3.5 million, both not good.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will launch Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11.
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by the season premiere of The Mole, which returns after some years off! NBC will have Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals with Detroit up 3-1 in this series that has done much better than last year, but still not as high rated as other sporting finals.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. ABC will be new at 10pm with the penultimate episode of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And if necessary, game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC...if not repeats will air.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with the series of specials Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. It should do big. Fox will also be new all-night with an another two-hour So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will premiere a scripted series at 10pm, the burning-off of Swingtown and NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into a new horror series at 10pm called Fear Itself.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary, if not more repeats will air. And CBS will burn-off a new version of the movie Sybil from 8-10pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, March 30
2 Broke Girls - "And the Zero Tolerance" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline attempt to bring in extra money to help pay off their bank loan by taking second jobs as a pastry chef and a hostess at a chic restaurant. Sandra Bernhard guest stars as Joe, the owner of the high-end restaurant.
Mike & Molly - "Cocktails and Calamine" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Molly is nervous about Mike attending a celebratory party her publisher puts on for her and Peggy.
American Dad - "The Shrink" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Stan goes to a shrink after he sees a couple die in a car crash; Roger and Klaus study for a wine tasting.
Monday, March 30
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Watch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Schaal (The Last Man on Earth/The Hotwives of Orlando/30 Rock) - Kristen visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Becki Newton (Weird Loners/The Goodwin Games/How I Met Your Mother) - Becki appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. Becki and Zachary Knighton also talk about Weird Loners on Good Day LA on Fox 11 LA KTTV in Los Angeles.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Regina King (227) - Regina chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about the game show Monopoly Millionaires’ Club on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace discusses her new Hallmark Movies & Mysteries original A Bone to Pick: An Aurora Teagarden Mystery on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kevin Rahm (I Hate My Teenage Daughter) - Kevin talks about what to expect on the final season of his popular show Mad Men on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton discusses her starring role in TV Land's Younger and talks about her exciting solo debut at Carnegie Hall on HuffPost Live at 3:40pm.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob is a guest on SportsNation at 3pm on ESPN2.
- Garcelle Beauvais (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Garcelle guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee is a guest on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am.
- The Cast of Younger - Patricia Field, Sutton Foster, Hilary Duff, Debi Mazar, Miriam Shor, Nico Tortorella and creator Darren Star are guests on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.