Sunday, June 01, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 19-25)
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for the first summer repeat airing...you tell me if that is good or not?
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers for the first repeat airing, on par really with the lead-in...but this show is canceled.
- The Game (The CW) - 910,000 viewers for a repeat...not good.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 870,00 viewers for a repeat for the long-running sitcom that ended this year.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.25 million for the first summer repeat airing...not bad
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.65 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.81 million.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.47 million for a repeat is good...a typical retention.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.55 and 4.79 million for two all-new episodes, including the season finale. Should have done better, but it seems people never know when this airs.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 4.78 and 4.57 million for two repeats on a special night...not bad because it was on par with Jim.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 1.09 million for a new episode...up a bit from previous week.
The Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.74 million for a repeat on a special night...actually the second week in a row it has encored here.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.77 million for a repeat on a special night, as with the lead-in, aired the previous week here, too.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - NBC really likes to repeat this show in weird slots...8pm and 10:30pm this week: 3.44 and 3.5 million, both not good.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will launch Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11.
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by the season premiere of The Mole, which returns after some years off! NBC will have Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals with Detroit up 3-1 in this series that has done much better than last year, but still not as high rated as other sporting finals.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. ABC will be new at 10pm with the penultimate episode of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And if necessary, game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC...if not repeats will air.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with the series of specials Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. It should do big. Fox will also be new all-night with an another two-hour So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will premiere a scripted series at 10pm, the burning-off of Swingtown and NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into a new horror series at 10pm called Fear Itself.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary, if not more repeats will air. And CBS will burn-off a new version of the movie Sybil from 8-10pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 28
The Middle - "Look Who's Not Talking" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Although excited about finding a new discount store that sells oddly shaped fruits and vegetables, Frankie is devastated when Axl refuses to talk to her or even answer her texts after inadvertently admitting how she feels about April in front of him. Meanwhile, Brick develops a new quirky tick in the form of a repetitive phrase and lands in detention, and Brad surprises Sue by coming out for a weekend visit at her college.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Taming of the Dads" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To celebrate their one-year anniversary, Eddie reluctantly agrees to take Alison to the see a modern remake of Romeo and Juliet. But when Louis and Alison’s dad bond over their love of Shakespeare and crash their date, Alison wonders if she and Eddie’s relationship has lost its spark. Meanwhile, Jessica gets called for jury duty and campaigns to be the “Jury Boss,” and Emery and Evan struggle with the responsibilities of raising a Tamagotchi digital pet.
New Girl - "San Diego" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess continues to stay with her dad (guest star Rob Reiner) in Portland, they unexpectedly help one another with their love lives. Meanwhile, Nick turns to a reluctant Aly for help with his relationship with Reagan, and Schmidt contemplates using his first name.
The Mick - "The Bully" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The tables are turned when a cyber bully targets Sofia, leading Mickey to come up with a plan for revenge. Meanwhile, Jimmy teaches Chip and Ben how to be self-sufficient, resulting in a painful disaster.
Trial & Error - "Right-Hand Man" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A new piece of evidence emerges that leads Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) an unlikely, and dangerous, new suspect: Larry's (John Lithgow) brother-in-law, Jeremiah Jefferson Davis. Meanwhile, the case takes another turn when the search for the murder weapon leads Dwayne (Steven Boyer) to find a dismembered human arm.
Trial & Error - "Secrets & Lies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) focuses on his new suspect, Larry (John Lithgow) insists on taking a lie-detector test to help prove his innocence, but the results drop a bombshell on the case and the family. Dwayne (Steven Boyer) briefly becomes a hometown celebrity as the man who found an arm in the lake, and the team gets a surprising new benefactor.
The Detour - "The Heat" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The Parkers settle into a seemingly normal New York City routine but are being surveilled by federal agents who see more than they had suspected they would see.
Mann & Wife - "Take Me to the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The new Lieutenant arrives at the precinct, and everyone soon learns that she and Hobbs have a romantic past; A cable installer confuses Toni for singer Tamela Mann.
Mann & Wife - "Pressured by the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Toni faces a moral dilemma when the administrators at her school decide to change the students' standardized test results; Hobbs' mother brings her new fiance for a visit.
Tuesday, March 28
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents/Herman's Head) - Hank visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Making History/The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin James (Kevin Can Wait/The King of Queens) - Kevin is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke reveals what it’s really like being a child star, plus, the truth behind her struggles with anxiety and depression on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Todd Grinnell (One Day at a Time/Four Kings) - Todd appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard talks about Shots Fired on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- George Lopez (Lopez/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa share her recipe for Mexican pizza on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) and Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Jenna and Rachel talk about Imaginary Mary on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.