Sunday, June 01, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 19-25)
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for the first summer repeat airing...you tell me if that is good or not?
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers for the first repeat airing, on par really with the lead-in...but this show is canceled.
- The Game (The CW) - 910,000 viewers for a repeat...not good.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 870,00 viewers for a repeat for the long-running sitcom that ended this year.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.25 million for the first summer repeat airing...not bad
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.65 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.81 million.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.47 million for a repeat is good...a typical retention.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.55 and 4.79 million for two all-new episodes, including the season finale. Should have done better, but it seems people never know when this airs.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 4.78 and 4.57 million for two repeats on a special night...not bad because it was on par with Jim.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 1.09 million for a new episode...up a bit from previous week.
The Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.74 million for a repeat on a special night...actually the second week in a row it has encored here.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.77 million for a repeat on a special night, as with the lead-in, aired the previous week here, too.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - NBC really likes to repeat this show in weird slots...8pm and 10:30pm this week: 3.44 and 3.5 million, both not good.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will launch Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11.
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by the season premiere of The Mole, which returns after some years off! NBC will have Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals with Detroit up 3-1 in this series that has done much better than last year, but still not as high rated as other sporting finals.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. ABC will be new at 10pm with the penultimate episode of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And if necessary, game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC...if not repeats will air.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with the series of specials Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. It should do big. Fox will also be new all-night with an another two-hour So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will premiere a scripted series at 10pm, the burning-off of Swingtown and NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into a new horror series at 10pm called Fear Itself.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary, if not more repeats will air. And CBS will burn-off a new version of the movie Sybil from 8-10pm.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 21
The Big Bang Theory - "The Indecision Amalgamation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While Raj is wracked with guilt when he tries to date two women at once, Penny wrestles with whether to take a role in a cheesy movie, and Sheldon is torn trying to choose between two gaming systems.
Mom - "Abstinence and Pudding" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy is determined to take things slow in her relationship with Adam. Meanwhile, Bonnie and her rival from AA, Marjorie, disagree on what “taking it slow” means. Justin Long returns as Christy’s love interest, Adam. Mimi Kennedy returns as Bonnie’s rival from AA, Marjorie.
Welcome to Sweden - "Parents!/Foraldrar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Wayne (Patrick Duffy) and Nancy (Illeana Douglas) take a detour from their holiday cruise to visit their son Bruce (Greg Poehler), and a rocky first impression leads to the ultimate culture clash with Emma’s (Josephine Bornebusch) parents, Viveka (Lena Olin) and Birger (Claes Månsson.) Meanwhile, Bruce does his best to show everyone that moving to Sweden was the right thing for him to do and Emma shares a huge piece of news.
Welcome to Sweden - "Homesick/Lagom" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) have to make a decision after he receives an offer from Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), one of his former clients, to come back to New York to help her with her current financial problems with the IRS, which have taken root since he left. To help ensure he returns, Amy dispatches Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself) to stalk Bruce and help get him back to the states. Meanwhile, Bruce decides to take a stab at working as a Swedish celebrity money manager and Emma uses her connections to get him in front of the right people.
Married - "Invisible Man" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Russ's refusal to have his semen tested results in an unexpected climax.
You're the Worst - "PTSD" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
After Jimmy accidentally sleeps with an A-List celebrity, he and Gretchen embark on a sex arms race to even out their score.
Love That Girl - "My Way or the Hallway" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Latrell and Imunique get locked out of their condo and must spend the night in the hallway.
Thursday, August 21
- Chris Pratt (Parks and the Recreation) - Catch Chris and the rest of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Ty chats on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City/The Big C) - Tune in to see Cynthia on a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.