Sunday, June 01, 2008
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 19-25)
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - 950,000 viewers for the first summer repeat airing...you tell me if that is good or not?
Aliens in America (The CW) - 930,000 viewers for the first repeat airing, on par really with the lead-in...but this show is canceled.
- The Game (The CW) - 910,000 viewers for a repeat...not good.
- Girlfriends (The CW) - 870,00 viewers for a repeat for the long-running sitcom that ended this year.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.25 million for the first summer repeat airing...not bad
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.65 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.81 million.
- Rules of Enagement (CBS) - 8.47 million for a repeat is good...a typical retention.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.55 and 4.79 million for two all-new episodes, including the season finale. Should have done better, but it seems people never know when this airs.
- Samantha Who (ABC) 2 episodes - 4.78 and 4.57 million for two repeats on a special night...not bad because it was on par with Jim.
- Under One Roof (MyNetworkTV) - 1.09 million for a new episode...up a bit from previous week.
The Bang Theory (CBS) - 4.74 million for a repeat on a special night...actually the second week in a row it has encored here.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.77 million for a repeat on a special night, as with the lead-in, aired the previous week here, too.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - NBC really likes to repeat this show in weird slots...8pm and 10:30pm this week: 3.44 and 3.5 million, both not good.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight CBS will launch Million Dollar Password at 8pm hosted by Regis Philbin and NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 9-11.
On Monday, ABC will be all-new with a two-hour The Bachelorette followed by the season premiere of The Mole, which returns after some years off! NBC will have Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals with Detroit up 3-1 in this series that has done much better than last year, but still not as high rated as other sporting finals.
On Tuesday Fox will be all-new with the reality line-up of The Moment of Truth and Hell's Kitchen. NBC has a half-hour episode of Most Outrageous Moments that is new at 8pm, while CBS has 48 Hours at 9pm that is new.
On Wednesday Fox will air a new two-hour episode of So You Think You Can Dance. ABC will be new at 10pm with the penultimate episode of canceled drama MEN IN TREES. MyNetworkTV will have a new episode of Flavor Flav's Under One Roof at 8pm. And if necessary, game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC...if not repeats will air.
On Thursday ABC will be all-new with the series of specials Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Los Angeles Lakers and Boston Celtics. It should do big. Fox will also be new all-night with an another two-hour So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will premiere a scripted series at 10pm, the burning-off of Swingtown and NBC will air a new episode of the low-rated Last Comic Standing from 8:30-10, leading into a new horror series at 10pm called Fear Itself.
On Friday ABC will have 20/20 at 10 and NBC will have a two-hour Dateline from 9-11pm. The CW of course will have WWE Smackdown.
Saturday will see Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary, if not more repeats will air. And CBS will burn-off a new version of the movie Sybil from 8-10pm.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, July 29
Family Guy - "Christmas Guy" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Carter Pewterschmidt cancels the annual Quahog Christmas carnival, because he hates the holiday, Peter must transform his father-in-law from a Scrooge into a hometown hero in order to salvage the event. Meanwhile, Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Full Boyle" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Detective Boyle’s new romance has upped his swagger, but Jake intervenes before his colleague goes “Full Boyle” and gets too serious, too soon, with his girlfriend (guest star Marilu Henner). Meanwhile, Rosa and Amy have trouble taking a costumed citizen crime-fighter seriously, and Captain Holt has a new opponent.
New Girl - "Exes" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nick has an awkward run-in with his ex, Caroline (guest star Mary Elizabeth Ellis), Jessica tries to convince him he can still be friends with her, by introducing him to her former boyfriend, Berkley (guest star Brody). Meanwhile, Coach uses Schmidt’s loft to impress a date, but things turn farcically disastrous when Schmidt arrives home with his own potential bedmate.
The Mindy Project - "Indian BBW" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy (Mindy Kaling) discovers an incriminating video of herself that is floating around the internet, so she enlists the help of Peter (Adam Pally) to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
Sullivan & Son - "Open Mic Night" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Steve wants to have an Open Mic night at the bar to get on the Hot List in The Pittsburgh Reader, Susan discovers she has a new talent...and it involves making fun of Ok Cha. But when Open Mic night goes awry, Steve brings in Carol and Owen (and their inappropriate act) to save the day.
Tuesday, July 29
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Chris on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Molly is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cloris Leachman (Raising Hope/The Facts of Life/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Cloris appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Tune in to see Leah on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel will be on GMA Live! at 9:00am. He will also be a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.