Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Lifetime Picks-Up Original Sitcom; Three Original Bill Cosby Sweaters Up for Auction; Remembering Bill Dial
In the series, Sullivan stars as Rita Clements, unfulfilled by her harried life as a married working mom, regains her identity by recreating her glory days as a musician in a garage band. The series will premiere this fall as part of a one-hour comedy block with the top-rated Reba repeats. Rita Rocks is Lifetime's first original sitcom in a decade.
Rita Rocks joins an array of original programming airing on Lifetime this fall, broadening its leadership in all genres, including Original Movies, Original Series and Reality Series. Lifetime Original Movies are the #1 rated among women. Beginning in September, the star-studded slate of original movies includes: Sex & Lies in Sin City starring Mena Suvari and Matthew Modine; Coco Chanel"starring Shirley MacLaine, Barbara Bobulova and Malcolm McDowell; Living Proof executive produced by Neil Meron, Craig Zadan and Renee Zellweger, and starring Harry Connick, Jr.; Killing Mr. Kissel starring John Stamos and Flirting with 40 starring Heather Locklear.
Lifetime's most-watched series in its history (which is airing originals currently), Army Wives, will return with more original episodes in November, including a special two-hour season finale. And premiering this November, the hit reality competition series Project Runway with Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn moves to Lifetime.
You have a chance to own three popular sweaters Bill Cosby wore on The Cosby Show as Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable! Mr. Cosby is auctioning them on eBay for a good cause. These three sweaters were worn on The Cosby Show by Bill Cosby between seasons 3-8. It will come with a dated and hand signed letter from Mr. Cosby himself authenticating this. It will also come with a separate letter from the sweater designer, Koos Van Den Akker, indicating that he made this sweater for Bill Cosby for The Cosby Show.
Bill Cosby's sweaters have never before been made available to the public. The sweaters were custom made by Koos Van Den Akker, and only his designer label appears with no size marking indicated. They are approximately size large. The one-of-a-kind sweaters were specifically designed for Bill Cosby and are collages primarily composed of woolens and cottons.
All proceeds from the sale of these legendary Heathcliff Huxtable sweaters will benefit the Hello Friend/Ennis William Cosby Foundation. The non-profit educational organization was established in 1997 by the Cosby family to continue the legacy and life's work of Ennis Cosby, who was about to begin his doctoral studies in education at the time of his death.
Jimmy Kimmel is promoting the sweaters by wearing each of the three sweaters on three nights, last night, tonight and tomorrow night on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live!, late nights on ABC. He wore sweater #2 from the auction last night. Check Jimmy modeling them out, as he wears them for the entire show! To bid on these items, head on over to eBay:
This is your chance to own a piece of Cosby Show history and help out a good cause at the same time! The Hello Friend/Ennis William Cosby Foundation is dedicated to fulfilling the goals and dreams of Ennis Cosby. The Foundation equips teachers, parents and students with the practical information and educational tools needed to understand and address the needs of all learners before they experience the corrosive effects of frustration and failure. The Foundation was established in 1997 by Bill and Camille Cosby as a 501(c)(3) public charity.
Finally we leave you today with news that Bill Dial has passed away. He died of a heart attack on Monday, June 2 in South Carolina, where he moved to after retiring from the business in 2001. Bill was most known as a writer, producer, and actor on the hit sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati. He wrote five episodes for this series during its first season (1978-79), the most famous of which was his first, entitled "Turkeys Away." He guest starred on the series even for a few episodes playing the station's beer-drinking engineer, Bucky Dornster.
After WKRP, he wrote and/or produced series such as Harper Valley P.T.A., Legmen, Simon & Simon, E.A.R.T.H. Force, Evening Shade, and some TV movies. In 1991, Dial returned to his claim to fame as an executive producer and writer on The New WKRP in Cincinnati, a follow-up series to the 1970s sitcom. The New WKRP aired in first-run syndication for two seasons. His later credits included writing and producing Time Trax, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, Team Knight Rider, Sliders, Legend, and Spike TV's 18 Wheels of Justice. He will be missed, especially by WKRP fans. WKRP in Cincinnati can be seen nationally on cable Sunday evenings on WGN America and Monday nights on AmericanLife TV. Mr. Dial was 66.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, June 30
The Big Bang Theory - "The Application Deterioration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard, Sheldon, and Wolowitz run into problems when they file for a patent for their infinite persistence gyroscope. Also, Penny, Amy and Bernadette give Koothrappali dating advice when Emily reaches out to him after their breakup.
Life in Pieces - "Bite Flight Wing-Man Bonnie" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Heather and Tim finally find another couple they actually like to socialize with, but Sophia and their son don’t hit it off. Also, Greg insists he and Jen take separate flights in case something happens to the plane, Matt and John take Gary (Martin Mull) out to meet women, and Matt’s ex-wife, Bonnie (Brenda Song), surprises him with a visit. NFL Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk guest stars as himself. Academy Award winner Helen Hunt directed the episode.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "All That Glitters Is Gold" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The sudden death of an old friend forces the band to question where they're at and where they're going.
Thursday, June 30
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Catch Ellie on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) and Adam Goldberg (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Jim and Adam are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Jim will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Adam Devine (Workaholics/Modern Family) - Adam and Zac Efron are guests on Conan at 11pm on TBS. Adam will also be on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (The Crazy Ones) - Sarah shares two of her favorite dessert recipes you can make with your kids on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sayeed Shahidi (Uncle Buck/The First Family) - Sayeed is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Cantone (Sex and the City) - Mario is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) and Elizabeth Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/Victorious) - Denis and Leary talk about Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. Denis will also beon CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jane Krakowski (Undateable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Jane appears on People Now at 8:30am.