Friday, May 23, 2008
WGN Brings Back '70s Classics for Retro TV Week, Includes Kotter, WKRP, Taxi; NBC Fall Premiere Dates
Each series will air from 8-10pm ET (5-7pm PT) on WGN cable. These programs will NOT air on the local WGN (CW9) in Chicago...so sorry Chicago, but you guys get a lot of classic TV on other stations anyway.
We are told more classic TV is on the way to WGN...so please stay tuned to us! We will let you know when we know! But for now enjoy the first four episodes of these five classic '70s sitcoms!
NBC unveiled the Fall 2008 series premiere dates for new programs and returning favorites including a three hour launch (clip show and two-hour premiere) of the return of drama Heroes on Monday, September 22, the Thursday night debut of the new comedy Kath & Kim (9:30 p.m. ET) on October 9. America's Toughest Jobs, the new extreme competition series, will debut with a two-hour premiere this Fall on Friday, September 12 (8-10 p.m. ET). In addition, the new drama series premieres include Knight Rider on Wednesdays starting September 24 (8-9 p.m. ET), My Own Worst Enemy on Mondays starting September 29 (10-11 p.m. ET) and Crusoe on Fridays starting October 17 (8-10 p.m. ET).
Here are the full premiere dates for this Fall:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 12
America's Toughest Jobs -- Series premiere (8-10 p.m.) then 8-9pm starting Friday, September 19 for five weeks; then moves to 9-10 p.m. starting Friday, October 24
(Deal or No Deal will air Fridays at 9 starting Sept. 19 through Oct. 10.)
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
Heroes -- Clip show (8-9 p.m.) followed by the Season premiere (9-11 p.m.)
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit -- 10 p.m.
(Summer series America's Got Talent airs 8-10pm and will conclude early in the fall, then The Biggest Loser: Families will return at a later date.)
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
Knight Rider -- 8 p.m.
Lipstick Jungle -- 10 p.m.
(Summer series America's Got Talent Results airs at 9pm and will conclude early in the fall, then Deal or No Deal will return at a later date.)
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 25
My Name Is Earl -- one-hour premiere (8-9 p.m.)
The Office -- one-hour premiere (9-10 p.m.)
ER -- 10 p.m.
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 29
Chuck -- 8 p.m.
My Worst Own Enemy -- 10 p.m.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 3
Life -- 10 p.m.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 9
Kath & Kim -- 9:30 p.m.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 17
Crusoe -- two-hour premiere (8-10 p.m.) then moves to 8:00 p.m. starting Friday, October 24
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 30
30 Rock -- 8:30 p.m.
(Preceding the premiere of 30 Rock will be three consecutive weekly Saturday Night Live special election editions of SNL Thursday Night Live at 8:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, October 9, 16 and 23.)
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 1
Bob's Burgers - "Easy Commercial, Easy Gommercial" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To compete with fellow “restaurateur,” Jimmy Pesto, and his blowout Super Bowl event, Bob is determined to create a Bob’s Burgers commercial to air during the “big game.” In an effort to outshine Pesto, the Belchers recruit Randy, a documentarian, to assist with the filmmaking and hire on former pro football star Connie Frye (guest voice Jordan Peele) to be the celebrity endorser.
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXV" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On the annual spooktacular Halloween special, Bart and Lisa are transported to a demon-filled alternate universe after Bart reads a set of Aramaic symbols he finds on the underside of his desk; Moe’s “Clockwork Orange”-style gang is disrupted when Dum (Homer) falls for a girl (Marge) who wants him to give up the thug life; and, in an homage to “The Others,” the Simpsons are visited by their former Tracey Ullman-era versions of themselves.
The Simpsons - "Covercraft" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer has a mid-life crisis, takes up bass guitar and forms a cover band with some of the other dads in town. But the band’s modest early success is soon overwhelmed by the breakout potential of their most unlikely star, Apu.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Jimmy Jab Gabes" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The squad has time to kill when the arrival of the Serbian President’s motorcade to Brooklyn has been delayed. So, Jake launches “The Jimmy Jab Games,” an annual series of competitions in the precinct. Meanwhile, Terry and Holt take on a new drug task force approved by Holt’s nemesis, Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch (guest star Kyra Sedgwick).
Family Guy - "Turkey Guys" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On the night before Thanksgiving, Brian and Peter drunkenly devour the holiday bird, and then must go out to find a replacement. In Peter absence, Chris attempts to step up and become the man of the house.
Bob's Burgers - "Uncle Teddy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bob and Linda leave town for a romantic getaway (at a Burger Convention), they ask Teddy to babysit Tina, Gene and Louise. While the ’rents are away, Teddy is eager to earn the coveted title of “Uncle Teddy” and does so by putting Tina’s crush in his rightful place after discovering that he was just using her for – gasp – free burgers! Hijinks ensue.
Monday, February 2
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin visits Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Seth Morris (The Hotwives of Orlando/Go On/Happy Endings) - Seth appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy chats on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Tom Arnold (Roseanne/Tom/The Tom Show) - Tom is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET. He also talks about his new film We'll Never Have Paris on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Segarra (Sirens) - Josh talks about USA Network's Sirens on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Gregory Harrison (Joey/The Family Man) - Gregory gives a look at his new Hallmark Channel original movie Cloudy with a Chance of Love on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall discusses his new ABC sitcom Fresh Off the Boat on HuffPost Live at 4:40pm. Fresh Off the Boat premieres on ABC on February 4 at 8:30pm and 9:30pm ET/PT.
- Michael Ian Black (Burning Love/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea discusses the Super Bowl on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly is part of the guest panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Barry Williams (The Brady Bunch) - Barry talks about his new show A Very Barry Branson on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. A Very Barry Branson premieres on GAC on February 5.