Monday, March 17, 2008
Sanford at 12:30pm will be replacing In Living Color, which will return to weekdays starting March 31, though. In Living Color will air weeknights at 3am and 3:30am starting the week of March 31, replacing the Wayans Bros. Jamie Foxx Show will also be replaced starting March 31 by more Hell Date airings at 12am and 12:30am. Viewers can say goodbye to Jamie Foxx Show and Wayans Bros. with a marathon of both shows on Saturday, March 29 from 10am-8pm. Jamie from 10am-3pm and Wayans from 3pm-8pm. I'm not sure if their contracts expired or what, but both shows joined in October 2005 I believe, as did In Living Color, but that will still be on, so who knows. If I find out anything, I will for sure let you all know. Will any more sitcoms join since Jamie and Wayans are leaving? We will let you know if they do plan on more sitcoms!
According to Jim returns April 15 on ABC. You're probably thinking what do you mean "returns," since it has been airing Tuesdays at 9 since January. But last Tuesday was its last airing in that slot because Dancing with the Stars returns this week. When Jim returns, it will move to Tuesdays at 8:00pm and 8:30pm, replacing Just for Laughs. 7 new episodes remain for the season. If they air one new episode a week that will make it last through the end of May, but I'm sure once or twice, they will air two new episodes in the hour. This might not be the final 7 episodes, because ABC is mulling to bring it back next season for an eighth season. No official news yet, though.
In other ABC schedule news: Lost's pre-strike finale is this Thursday at 9, but ABC has announced Lost will remain in that slot for repeats on March 27, April 3 and April 17 (April 17 is 8-10pm). The show returns with 6 new episodes starting April 24 at 10pm following Grey's Anatomy's return. ABC will stop the Fridays at 8pm encores of Grey's Anatomy starting April 4. An AFV repeat is scheduled for April 4 leading into the return of game show Duel at 9pm (it will air for 10 episodes and won't be serialized like the tournament week was in December). Not sure yet what will air Friday, April 11 at 8pm, but April 18 will be a Desperate Housewives' encore from its first post-strike episode, which will debut Sunday, April 13 at 9pm. To catch up on Desperate Housewives' return, ABC will re-air the final pre-strike episodes on a special night of Thursday, April 10 from 8-10pm. As for Eli Stone, yes ABC will air all 13 episodes! Episode 12 will air on a special night though...Sunday, April 13 at 10pm. It will air right after that new Desperate Housewives return episode. Brothers & Sisters returns the following week with new episodes. The final Eli Stone of the season will air in its normal Thursday at 10pm slot on April 17.
So, ABC will let viewers catch up on Desperate Housewives and Lost with the last two pre-strike episodes, but what about Grey's Anatomy? Nothing announced yet, but it will return April 24 at 9pm with new episodes.
Speaking of returns, tonight is a big night! Scripted TV makes its first return with post-strike episodes tonight with CBS's sitcoms The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men. The bad news for that is Dancing with the Stars also returns tonight on ABC. I'm sure both will do well!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 25
Lopez - "Lopez Gets Roasted" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George agrees to be roasted before finding out his wife is legally tying up his jokes, leaving him without an act. Will he be able to change her mind or get out of the roast in time?
The Soul Man - "No Bingo, No Peace" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Mayor Saxby is purposely interrupting all aspects of the Ballentines' lives, including revoking Barton's Bingo permit. When Barton protests, it inspires Boyce to take action.
Schitt's Creek - "Lawn Signs" (Pop, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Some of Moira's lawn signs disappear; David and Alexis work to get David's boss out of trouble.
Wednesday, May 25
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory) - Wil is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean talks about An Act of God on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Peter Scolari (Newhart/Bosom Buddies) - Peter visits New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril dishes up his famous banana cream pie on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate talk about See Jane Sing on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about WE's Match Made in Heaven on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa and the cast of Ghostbusters are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.