Wednesday, March 26, 2008
We mentioned a few months back that The Hallmark Channel also has gotten rights to sitcoms Cheers (Fall 2008) and I Love Lucy (January 2009), so they are slowly building towards a sitcom line-up, after having just dramas for many years. It is not certain yet if Cheers and I Love Lucy will also air on TV Land still when Hallmark starts them, but both show's current contracts expire when Hallmark starts airing them.
As for Golden Girls, Lifetime said this in a statement regarding the sitcom moving to Hallmark Channel and WE tv :
"The 'classic' series will depart our schedule after a 12-year run to make room for our next generation of off-net comedies such as the very popular Reba, Still Standing and Will & Grace, as well as numerous original comedies in development, along with the return of the smash hit Army Wives. We wish Dorothy, Rose, Blanche and Sophia all the best of luck in their new homes."
We don't have full details yet on WE tv, but it will likely also start when The Golden Girls comes to Hallmark. WE tv currently airs sitcoms in the daytime. Sitcoms that air are Hope & Faith, Kate & Allie and Dharma & Greg. That's a lot of ampersands! They need to get Laverne & Shirley just for the ampersand! Anyway, we will let you know what WE tv says when we find out.
For now discuss the news of Golden Girls leaving Lifetime and coming to Hallmark/WE tv in March 2009 by clicking HERE! Thank you for bein' a friend!
Last week Nick at Nite had its seven night George Lopez "Luck o' the Lopez Marathon" and the marathon helped Nick at Nite all the way to 3rd in cable ratings for all of cable. The marathon aired March 17-23 from 9pm-6am on Sun-Thurs and 10pm-6am on Fri-Sat, so the marathon was all that Nick at Nite aired that week. Nick at Nite had its best week ever as it averaged 2.17 million viewers for the week (approx. 64% higher than the same week last year) and a 1.7 HH rating. The only cable networks that were higher that week were USA Network at a 2.2 HH rating and The Disney Channel at a 1.9 HH rating. Nick at Nite was #1 for the week on cable in the following demos: Teens 12 to 17 and adults 25 to 54; adults 18 to 34 and 18 to 49; and women 18 to 34, 18 to 49 and 25 to 54. George Lopez was all that Nick at Nite aired last week, so it was all George that did this! "I Got This!" In fact, as many as five episodes in the marathon had well over 3 million viewers, which is unheard of for Nick at Nite. Woooopah, as George would say! The previous two weeks, Nick at Nite finished 6th in cable network ratings. The show regularly airs every night at 10:00pm & 10:30pm ET/PT with an encore later in the evening. People are watching, so if you haven't watched yet...check it out because it is actually very funny.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, September 17
The Middle - "The Wonderful World of Hecks" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The ultimate prank battle is on between brother and sister when Sue discovers that Axl stole the high school's Thundering Hens mascot head over a year ago, forcing Sue to wear an embarrassing chicken head in her role as the school mascot. Meanwhile, a friendless Dr. Goodwin tries to make friends with a reluctant Frankie and invites her to accompany him to after-work social gatherings, Frankie agrees to attempt to find her dog Colin Firth's owner if Mike tries - and fails - to make friends with him; and Brick tries to muster some interest in a recommended book on Debbie Reynolds.
The Goldbergs - "Livin' on a Prayer" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Murray learns his high school free throw record has been broken, he begrudgingly attends a banquet as the guest of honor. Reliving his glory years, his school spirit is re-energized until he is mocked by the crowd. Elsewhere at home, Barry decides to throw a party where he quickly loses the spotlight and it is up to Erica’s friend Lainey to help him get it back.
Modern Family - "The Wedding, Part 1" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Wedding planner extraordinaire Pepper Saltzman (guest star Nathan Lane) and assistant Ronaldo are busy coordinating Mitch and Cam's big day and wondering why that "boozy huss-hag" Sal (guest star Elizabeth Banks) is officiating. When a wildfire near the wedding site forces Pepper to push up the ceremony by four hours, Mitch, Cam and Lily are left scrambling to retrieve Cam's tux from the dry cleaners, which happens to be closed.
Modern Family - "The Wedding, Part 2" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The wedding day chaos continues as the entire party shifts from one contingency plan to another. Guests start to get testy, Mitchell and Cameron are feeling discouraged and poor Claire shows physical wear and tear, but an unexpected turn of events leads to the ceremony that everyone has been waiting for.
The League - "The Height Supremacist" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Andre gets punished by the rest of the League, Jenny picks her team based on height, Ellie invites Darren Sproles to a dance, Pete needs the help of TacoCorp.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Too Much Sex" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus accidentally takes canine fertility pills; Angela can only handle so much sex.
Wednesday, September 17
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Watch Ty on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. He will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Michal appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You) - Paul is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aimee Garcia (George Lopez/Greetings from Tucson) - Aimee visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about The Mindy Project on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about Celebrity Name Game on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Tamera Mowery-Housley (Sister/Roommates) - Tamera and the ladies of The Real are guests on 106 & Park on BET at 6pm.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra talks about The Mysteries of Laura on NBC's Today between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) - Dawn discusses her new book (What Would Mary Ann Do? A Guide to Life) on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cybill Shepherd (Cybill) - Cybill discusses her latest project on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.