Sunday, December 23, 2007
Households: CBS: 6.6/10.9; NBC: 5.1/8.3; Fox: 4.2/6.8; ABC: 3.9/6.4; The CW: 1.2/2.9; MNT: 0.8/1.3
Total Viewers: CBS: 10.12 million; NBC: 7.73 million; Fox: 6.61 million; ABC: 5.92 million; The CW: 1.65 million; MNT: 1.18 million.
Adults 18-49: CBS: 2.7/7.7; NBC: 2.6/7.3; Fox: 2.2/6.3; ABC: 1.9/5.2; The CW: 0.7/2.0; MNT: 0.5/1.3.
Analysis: Week 13 so far is the lowest rated week of the season, we have tons of repeats and of course Christmas is near. Through Thursday, CBS had new episodes of CSI: Miami, The Unit, Cane. NBC aired a week-long stunt called Clash of the Choirs, which has done modestly. They also had the finale of Biggest Loser 4 and the final two airings of the low rated Journeyman. ABC also had a week-long stunt called Duel, with the finale coming up tonight at 8. The only other thing new was Notes from the Underbelly, October Road, and Boston Legal, but all three were lower than normal. While Fox had new showing of its Thursday reality shows and the terrible K-Ville. Last week CBS won the top spot in all categories: HH, viewers, and 18-49. NBC was second in HH, viewers, and 18-49. With Fox third and ABC fourth.
Through the first four days of this week, CBS has a lead in all categories in week 13 with NBC second, Fox in third and ABC again uncharacteristically in fourth. Repeats of course don't do as good as new episodes, most of ABC's shows are serialized, and they do even worse in repeats.
The day by day analysis will return when the holiday season is over and we are sort of back to more new than repeats.
As for the week, CBS will win in HH, viewers and likely in 18-49, NBC will be second, with a close finish for first place in 18-49...it could be NBC or CBS. ABC will be in the fourth spot unless their Sunday does pretty good, which is likely with The Santa Clause 2. As for this week...Merry Christmas...repeats ahoy!
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of December 10-16)
- Aliens in America (The CW) - A repeat did just 860,000 viewers, up 30k from the previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A new episode did 9.54 million and an impressive 4.5 18-49 rating.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - 7.42 million for a new episode.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 8.27 million and a 4.1/10 18-49 rating...good stuff for a repeat, and up from previous week.
- American Dad (Fox) - 6.96 million for a new episode, up from previous week a bit.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 6.44 million for a repeat...previous week was a new one.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.65 million for a repeat...built from lead-in's repeat.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) 2 episodes - 11.1 million tuned in for a repeat at 9, slightly down from previous week....and at 9:30 another repeat did 11.28 million, more than what Rules does obviously.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC) - Terrible 3.19 million for a new episode...it was preempted in some markets like Chicago for the NFL game, though.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, Aliens in America, Girlfriends, The Game. All were repeats ... Chris led the block with 1.86 million, Aliens did 1.42 million, Girlfriends did the lowest with 1.38 million, and The Game only did 1.41 million.
- According to Jim (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30 did 4.36 million, down from previous week at 9:30.
- Back to You (Fox) - 4.63 million for a repeat, a bit up from previous week.
- Til Death (Fox) - A repeat did 5.09 million, up a million from previous week...and built from the lead-in...wow.
- The Office (NBC) - An encore from 10-11pm did 4.59 million.
Airing tonight (Sunday) is a repeat of Aliens in America on The CW at 7:30, and Fox's animated comedies are preempted, but one Simpsons will air at 7.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men was impressive for the week (and they were two repeats!). Everything else was OK (such as How I Met Your Mother repeat, The Big Bang Theory repeat) or just plain old terrible (According to Jim repeat, Notes from the Underbelly).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.