Sunday, December 23, 2007
Households: CBS: 6.6/10.9; NBC: 5.1/8.3; Fox: 4.2/6.8; ABC: 3.9/6.4; The CW: 1.2/2.9; MNT: 0.8/1.3
Total Viewers: CBS: 10.12 million; NBC: 7.73 million; Fox: 6.61 million; ABC: 5.92 million; The CW: 1.65 million; MNT: 1.18 million.
Adults 18-49: CBS: 2.7/7.7; NBC: 2.6/7.3; Fox: 2.2/6.3; ABC: 1.9/5.2; The CW: 0.7/2.0; MNT: 0.5/1.3.
Analysis: Week 13 so far is the lowest rated week of the season, we have tons of repeats and of course Christmas is near. Through Thursday, CBS had new episodes of CSI: Miami, The Unit, Cane. NBC aired a week-long stunt called Clash of the Choirs, which has done modestly. They also had the finale of Biggest Loser 4 and the final two airings of the low rated Journeyman. ABC also had a week-long stunt called Duel, with the finale coming up tonight at 8. The only other thing new was Notes from the Underbelly, October Road, and Boston Legal, but all three were lower than normal. While Fox had new showing of its Thursday reality shows and the terrible K-Ville. Last week CBS won the top spot in all categories: HH, viewers, and 18-49. NBC was second in HH, viewers, and 18-49. With Fox third and ABC fourth.
Through the first four days of this week, CBS has a lead in all categories in week 13 with NBC second, Fox in third and ABC again uncharacteristically in fourth. Repeats of course don't do as good as new episodes, most of ABC's shows are serialized, and they do even worse in repeats.
The day by day analysis will return when the holiday season is over and we are sort of back to more new than repeats.
As for the week, CBS will win in HH, viewers and likely in 18-49, NBC will be second, with a close finish for first place in 18-49...it could be NBC or CBS. ABC will be in the fourth spot unless their Sunday does pretty good, which is likely with The Santa Clause 2. As for this week...Merry Christmas...repeats ahoy!
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of December 10-16)
- Aliens in America (The CW) - A repeat did just 860,000 viewers, up 30k from the previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A new episode did 9.54 million and an impressive 4.5 18-49 rating.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - 7.42 million for a new episode.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 8.27 million and a 4.1/10 18-49 rating...good stuff for a repeat, and up from previous week.
- American Dad (Fox) - 6.96 million for a new episode, up from previous week a bit.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 6.44 million for a repeat...previous week was a new one.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.65 million for a repeat...built from lead-in's repeat.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) 2 episodes - 11.1 million tuned in for a repeat at 9, slightly down from previous week....and at 9:30 another repeat did 11.28 million, more than what Rules does obviously.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC) - Terrible 3.19 million for a new episode...it was preempted in some markets like Chicago for the NFL game, though.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, Aliens in America, Girlfriends, The Game. All were repeats ... Chris led the block with 1.86 million, Aliens did 1.42 million, Girlfriends did the lowest with 1.38 million, and The Game only did 1.41 million.
- According to Jim (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30 did 4.36 million, down from previous week at 9:30.
- Back to You (Fox) - 4.63 million for a repeat, a bit up from previous week.
- Til Death (Fox) - A repeat did 5.09 million, up a million from previous week...and built from the lead-in...wow.
- The Office (NBC) - An encore from 10-11pm did 4.59 million.
Airing tonight (Sunday) is a repeat of Aliens in America on The CW at 7:30, and Fox's animated comedies are preempted, but one Simpsons will air at 7.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men was impressive for the week (and they were two repeats!). Everything else was OK (such as How I Met Your Mother repeat, The Big Bang Theory repeat) or just plain old terrible (According to Jim repeat, Notes from the Underbelly).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 1
Fresh Off the Boat - "Home Sweet Home-School" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis and Jessica clash over how to raise the kids and how to run the restaurant. When the boys get straight A’s in school, Jessica decides that their school must be too easy and takes it upon herself to give them more homework and tutor them after class. She takes the same strict approach at the restaurant (no extra croutons for anyone!), so it’s up to Louis to get her to lighten up on everyone.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Fajita Man" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie is so desperate for a new video game named after his idol, Shaq, he goes to work at the restaurant. He expects special treatment since he’s the boss’s son, but is in for a surprise when Louis is determined to make him work hard for the money. Meanwhile, Jessica decides to look for a job of her own.
Fresh Off the Boat - "License to Sell" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica puts off taking the exam for her real estate license because she fears she isn’t good enough to compete with Orlando’s top realtor. Eddie looks to Louis for advice on how to win over older girl Nicole (guest star Luna Blaise), but puts his own spin on his dad’s suggestions.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Success Perm" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Family rivalry spirals out of control when Jessica’s sister, Connie, and her far more affluent husband come to visit. The Huangs try to convince everyone they’re doing great financially, when nothing could be further from the truth. Meanwhile, Eddie is excited to be reunited with his cousin Justin, who introduced him to hip hop, until he learns the kid has moved on to grunge.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Mole" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
There’s a mole in the precinct and Holt and Jake need to find out who it is before Deputy Chief Madeline Wuntch (guest star Kyra Sedgwick) gets wind of it. Meanwhile, Terry and Rosa visit a “silent” disco to uncover new leads for their new drug task force.
The Last Man on Earth - "She Drives Me Crazy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is flabbergasted as Todd and Melissa’s relationship continues to develop right in front of him.
Playing House - "Kimmewah Kup" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Maggie and Emma's girls weekend is interrupted by an unexpected visitor; the women battle their old nemeses.
Tuesday, September 1
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Catch Tituss on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Steve Byrne (Sullivan & Son) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tyler Labine (Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler will be on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ming-Na Wen (The Single Guy) - Ming-Na Wen appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo is a guest on People Chatter.
- Lake Bell (Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp/How to Make It in America) - Lake is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Tate Donovan (Partners) - Tate is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa will be on KTLA Morning News on KTLA in Los Angeles in the 9am hour.