Sunday, December 23, 2007
Households: CBS: 6.6/10.9; NBC: 5.1/8.3; Fox: 4.2/6.8; ABC: 3.9/6.4; The CW: 1.2/2.9; MNT: 0.8/1.3
Total Viewers: CBS: 10.12 million; NBC: 7.73 million; Fox: 6.61 million; ABC: 5.92 million; The CW: 1.65 million; MNT: 1.18 million.
Adults 18-49: CBS: 2.7/7.7; NBC: 2.6/7.3; Fox: 2.2/6.3; ABC: 1.9/5.2; The CW: 0.7/2.0; MNT: 0.5/1.3.
Analysis: Week 13 so far is the lowest rated week of the season, we have tons of repeats and of course Christmas is near. Through Thursday, CBS had new episodes of CSI: Miami, The Unit, Cane. NBC aired a week-long stunt called Clash of the Choirs, which has done modestly. They also had the finale of Biggest Loser 4 and the final two airings of the low rated Journeyman. ABC also had a week-long stunt called Duel, with the finale coming up tonight at 8. The only other thing new was Notes from the Underbelly, October Road, and Boston Legal, but all three were lower than normal. While Fox had new showing of its Thursday reality shows and the terrible K-Ville. Last week CBS won the top spot in all categories: HH, viewers, and 18-49. NBC was second in HH, viewers, and 18-49. With Fox third and ABC fourth.
Through the first four days of this week, CBS has a lead in all categories in week 13 with NBC second, Fox in third and ABC again uncharacteristically in fourth. Repeats of course don't do as good as new episodes, most of ABC's shows are serialized, and they do even worse in repeats.
The day by day analysis will return when the holiday season is over and we are sort of back to more new than repeats.
As for the week, CBS will win in HH, viewers and likely in 18-49, NBC will be second, with a close finish for first place in 18-49...it could be NBC or CBS. ABC will be in the fourth spot unless their Sunday does pretty good, which is likely with The Santa Clause 2. As for this week...Merry Christmas...repeats ahoy!
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of December 10-16)
- Aliens in America (The CW) - A repeat did just 860,000 viewers, up 30k from the previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A new episode did 9.54 million and an impressive 4.5 18-49 rating.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - 7.42 million for a new episode.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 8.27 million and a 4.1/10 18-49 rating...good stuff for a repeat, and up from previous week.
- American Dad (Fox) - 6.96 million for a new episode, up from previous week a bit.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 6.44 million for a repeat...previous week was a new one.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.65 million for a repeat...built from lead-in's repeat.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) 2 episodes - 11.1 million tuned in for a repeat at 9, slightly down from previous week....and at 9:30 another repeat did 11.28 million, more than what Rules does obviously.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC) - Terrible 3.19 million for a new episode...it was preempted in some markets like Chicago for the NFL game, though.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, Aliens in America, Girlfriends, The Game. All were repeats ... Chris led the block with 1.86 million, Aliens did 1.42 million, Girlfriends did the lowest with 1.38 million, and The Game only did 1.41 million.
- According to Jim (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30 did 4.36 million, down from previous week at 9:30.
- Back to You (Fox) - 4.63 million for a repeat, a bit up from previous week.
- Til Death (Fox) - A repeat did 5.09 million, up a million from previous week...and built from the lead-in...wow.
- The Office (NBC) - An encore from 10-11pm did 4.59 million.
Airing tonight (Sunday) is a repeat of Aliens in America on The CW at 7:30, and Fox's animated comedies are preempted, but one Simpsons will air at 7.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men was impressive for the week (and they were two repeats!). Everything else was OK (such as How I Met Your Mother repeat, The Big Bang Theory repeat) or just plain old terrible (According to Jim repeat, Notes from the Underbelly).
How I Met Your Mother - "The Locket" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
On their way to Long Island for their wedding weekend, Robin and Barney come across a startling family discovery. Meanwhile, Marshall sees something online that changes the course of his entire journey back east, and Lily confronts Ted about letting go of Robin. Sherri Shepherd (“The View”) guest stars as Daphne, a woman on the same flight as Marshall; and Wayne Brady (“Let’s Make a Deal”) returns as Barney’s brother, James.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Kickstarter" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Business booms for Max and Caroline’s new cupcake walk-up window when word spreads about a shocking incident involving a rock star.
Mike & Molly - "Shoeless Molly Flynn" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Molly needs to adjust her spending habits on shoes if she wants to maintain harmony in her marriage.
Mom - "A Small Nervous Breakdown and a Misplaced Fork" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
goes on her first date since she stopped drinking. Meanwhile, Bonnie teaches her grandson Roscoe to gamble. Justin Long guest stars as Christy’s date, Adam.
My Crazy Roommate - "The Maid" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Brooke and Chloe argue about their maid and cleaning responsibilities.
Monday, December 9
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Watch Queen Latifah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louie Anderson (Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Faith Ford (Hope & Faith/Murphy Brown) - Faith visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Constance Marie (George Lopez) - Constance talks about her role on the ABC Family hit Switched at Birth on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kim Richards (Hello, Larry) - Kim chats on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Elise Neal (The Hughleys) - Elise is part of the guest panel on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Katey Sagal (8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Tune in to see Katey on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom discusses his role in Saving Mr. Banks on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Lisa Whelchel (The Facts of Life) - Lisa appears on The Doctors, so check your local listings.