Sunday, December 23, 2007
Households: CBS: 6.6/10.9; NBC: 5.1/8.3; Fox: 4.2/6.8; ABC: 3.9/6.4; The CW: 1.2/2.9; MNT: 0.8/1.3
Total Viewers: CBS: 10.12 million; NBC: 7.73 million; Fox: 6.61 million; ABC: 5.92 million; The CW: 1.65 million; MNT: 1.18 million.
Adults 18-49: CBS: 2.7/7.7; NBC: 2.6/7.3; Fox: 2.2/6.3; ABC: 1.9/5.2; The CW: 0.7/2.0; MNT: 0.5/1.3.
Analysis: Week 13 so far is the lowest rated week of the season, we have tons of repeats and of course Christmas is near. Through Thursday, CBS had new episodes of CSI: Miami, The Unit, Cane. NBC aired a week-long stunt called Clash of the Choirs, which has done modestly. They also had the finale of Biggest Loser 4 and the final two airings of the low rated Journeyman. ABC also had a week-long stunt called Duel, with the finale coming up tonight at 8. The only other thing new was Notes from the Underbelly, October Road, and Boston Legal, but all three were lower than normal. While Fox had new showing of its Thursday reality shows and the terrible K-Ville. Last week CBS won the top spot in all categories: HH, viewers, and 18-49. NBC was second in HH, viewers, and 18-49. With Fox third and ABC fourth.
Through the first four days of this week, CBS has a lead in all categories in week 13 with NBC second, Fox in third and ABC again uncharacteristically in fourth. Repeats of course don't do as good as new episodes, most of ABC's shows are serialized, and they do even worse in repeats.
The day by day analysis will return when the holiday season is over and we are sort of back to more new than repeats.
As for the week, CBS will win in HH, viewers and likely in 18-49, NBC will be second, with a close finish for first place in 18-49...it could be NBC or CBS. ABC will be in the fourth spot unless their Sunday does pretty good, which is likely with The Santa Clause 2. As for this week...Merry Christmas...repeats ahoy!
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of December 10-16)
- Aliens in America (The CW) - A repeat did just 860,000 viewers, up 30k from the previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A new episode did 9.54 million and an impressive 4.5 18-49 rating.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - 7.42 million for a new episode.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 8.27 million and a 4.1/10 18-49 rating...good stuff for a repeat, and up from previous week.
- American Dad (Fox) - 6.96 million for a new episode, up from previous week a bit.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 6.44 million for a repeat...previous week was a new one.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.65 million for a repeat...built from lead-in's repeat.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) 2 episodes - 11.1 million tuned in for a repeat at 9, slightly down from previous week....and at 9:30 another repeat did 11.28 million, more than what Rules does obviously.
- Notes from the Underbelly (ABC) - Terrible 3.19 million for a new episode...it was preempted in some markets like Chicago for the NFL game, though.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, Aliens in America, Girlfriends, The Game. All were repeats ... Chris led the block with 1.86 million, Aliens did 1.42 million, Girlfriends did the lowest with 1.38 million, and The Game only did 1.41 million.
- According to Jim (ABC) - A repeat at 9:30 did 4.36 million, down from previous week at 9:30.
- Back to You (Fox) - 4.63 million for a repeat, a bit up from previous week.
- Til Death (Fox) - A repeat did 5.09 million, up a million from previous week...and built from the lead-in...wow.
- The Office (NBC) - An encore from 10-11pm did 4.59 million.
Airing tonight (Sunday) is a repeat of Aliens in America on The CW at 7:30, and Fox's animated comedies are preempted, but one Simpsons will air at 7.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men was impressive for the week (and they were two repeats!). Everything else was OK (such as How I Met Your Mother repeat, The Big Bang Theory repeat) or just plain old terrible (According to Jim repeat, Notes from the Underbelly).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 4
2 Broke Girls - "And the Minor Problem" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline’s attempt to break Nash (Austin Falk) into the modeling business comes to a screeching halt when his mother arrives from Ireland to retrieve her son. Sandra Bernhard returns as Joe, owner of The High.
Mike & Molly - "Fight to the Finish" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Molly gets angry at Mike for not listening to her vent about writing with Peggy and they go their separate ways for a day.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Comic Book Store Regeneration" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Wolowitz receives some shocking news as everyone prepares for the reopening of Stuart’s comic book store. Penny teaches Sheldon how to “let it go,” but can’t follow her own advice after she learns something infuriating about Amy. Also, Leonard and Raj think they spot Nathan Fillion at a restaurant. Nathan Fillion guest stars.
Monday, May 4
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Watch Jeff on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Hodgman (Married) - John is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Helen Hunt (Mad About You/It Takes Two) - Helen visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Candice Bergen (Murphy Brow) - Candice stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. is a guest Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Sofia is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings. She also talks about her new film Hot Pursuit on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe breaks down the hottest headlines on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Davis (Bad Teacher/Sex and the City) - Kristin talks about Gardeners of Eden on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She talks about dating, raising her three-year-old daughter and rumors of a third Sex and the City movie on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings. She will also be on the AOL Build Show.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Surviving Suburbia/Full House)- Bob appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Natalie Desselle Reid (Eve/Built to Last) - Natalie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (The Comedians/1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Brad Garrett ('Til Death/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Brad talks about his book When the Balls Drop on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.