Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Rejected for a Writers Guild of America waiver, the Golden Globes now are scheduled to be picketed by the WGA, assuming the guild is still on strike by the time of the telecast on Jan. 13. Dick Clark Productions, producer of the Globes telecast, fears many actors won't cross the picket line to attend the event. The Oscars could also be impacted on Feb. 24, if the strike lasts that long.
In schedule news, NBC will move the premiere of The Celebrity Apprentice from Jan. 3 to Jan. 10, so it doesn't have to go head-to-head vs. ABC's Grey's Anatomy. Like that will work...The Donald is so over already. Meanwhile, NBC will give viewers an expanded season finale of new live competition show Clash of the Choirs from one-hour to two hours on Thursday, December 20 from 8-10 p.m. ET.
ION Television today announced that it is celebrating the launch of The Drew Carey Show on ION Television with a "Bring in the Drew Year With a Smile" promotion, sponsored by Crest Whitestrips. The contest will be promoted beginning New Year's Eve, and will officially begin on January 1, 2008. Viewers will get to vote for their favorite smiles from members of The Drew Carey Show cast, and enter for a chance to win a trip for four anywhere in the US that will "make you smile."
To enter the contest, viewers will need to watch The Drew Carey Show on ION Television during the first few weeks of 2008, and vote for their favorite smile from Drew, Mimi or Lewis on ION's Web site (www.ionline.tv). The grand prize package includes roundtrip airfare, deluxe hotel accommodations and spending money.
The contest will be heavily promoted during a special "Drew Year's Eve" marathon of back-to-back shows, which will launch The Drew Carey Show from 7-11 pm (ET) on New Year's Eve. On New Year's Day, the series will join ION Television’s primetime lineup, with episodes airing Mondays through Thursdays at 9 and 9:30 pm (ET).
Retro Television Network (RTN) announced today that it will partner with Londen Media Group to bring RTN programming to Phoenix, the nation's 12th largest television market. The new affiliate will launch next year on KAZT-DT, bringing the network's total number of affiliates to 40. Phoenix viewers will enjoy RTN's 'Primetime All The Time' lineup of hit shows, including Get Smart, Hogan's Heroes, Hawaii 5-0, A-Team, Mission: Impossible and the original Knight Rider!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 5
New Girl - "Clean Break" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
As Coach prepares to move out of the loft, Schmidt also decides to get rid of his non-essentials and in the process discovers what is truly important to him; Jess and Nick reminisce about their “sex mug” and wonder if they still have feelings for each other.
Weird Loners - "We're Here. We're Weird. Get Used to Us" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The group goes to a lesbian bar, where Caryn and Stosh compete for the same woman. Meanwhile, Zara is conflicted between keeping Eric as her darts partner or letting him know that the bar’s patrons think he’s one of them.
Undataeable - "A Live Show Walks Into a Bar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When a music festival comes to Detroit, Danny (Chris D'Elia) and Justin (Brent Morin) both try to win over a beautiful backup singer (guest star Victoria Justice) they met in the bar. As Danny tries to give Justin the chance to get the girl, he can't help but compete for her attention. Meanwhile, the gang does their best to keep Candace (Bridgit Mendler) from going back to her old boyfriend.
Your Family or Mine - "Christmas in July" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Ricky's annual summer Christmas photo, but Louis scheduled his co mpany-mandated life insurance physical at the same time, and a representative will be dropping by to take a urine sample. Since Louis smoked pot with Blake last week, he's now on the hunt for an untainted sample.
Younger - "Broke and Panty-less" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When her ex comes up short on a tuition payment, Liza has to swallow her pride to earn some quick cash without arousing suspicion from Josh. Kelsey continues to blur the line between editor and mistress with her prize author.
Mann & Wife - "The Mann Brothers" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Daniel's brother, Lionel, visits and sibling rivalry takes over; Toni tries to improve the school's dress code.
Tuesday, May 5
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/The Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Catch Sofia on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan stops by The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Kaley appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eugene Cordero (Other Space) - Eugene is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Chris O'Dowd (Family Tree) - Chris visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Alan Thicke (Unusually Thicke/Growing Pains) - Alan drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin speaks about the Broadway production On the Twentieth Century on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily talks about the Netflix series Grace and Frankie on NBC's today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Brad Garrett ('Til Death/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Brad chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Hana Mae Lee (Super Fun Night and Alexis Knapp (Ground Floor) - Hana and Alexis talk about Pitch Perfect 2 on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kevin Rahm (I Hate My Teenage Daughter/Jesse) - Kevin talks about the Mad Men series finale on HuffPost Live at 4pm.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Just the Way You Are, which premieres May 9 at 9pm/8c, on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on the AOL Build Show.
- Raven-Symoné (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symoné guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah talks about Modern Family on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha/Thea) - Brandy is a guest on NewsNation at 11am on MSNBC and on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (Mystery Girls/What I Like About You) - Jennie appears on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:10am.