Thursday, December 13, 2007
ION Television released their January line-up today. To launch the new year, ION will party all night and give us a marathon of party episodes of its newest acquisition, The Drew Carey Show with a "Drew" Year's Eve Party Marathon! The marathon airs 7-10pm on Monday, December 31. After the marathon the show will air Mon-Thurs at 9:00 & 9:30PM as we announced before. So what will happen to Who's the Boss? since that show airs currently in that slot. ION will still air the show, but they will move it to Mon-Thurs at 10:00PM & 10:30PM, replacing two airings each of 48 Hours and Diagnosis Murder. Murder will be off the line-up again, but 48 Hours will move to Saturdays at 6:00PM replacing the NFL Game of the Week highlights, as the NFL season will be over by then. Other highlights include the weekend RHI Movies (Fri-Sun 7-11pm)...movies this month include Robert Ludlum's Apocalypse, Voyage of the Unicorn, Aftershock: Earthquake in New York, The Deliverance of Elaine, Dying to Love You and Journey To The Center Of The Earth.
As always, keep it with us for any changes or additions to the line-up. Click HERE to view the January schedule and highlights! Happy Drew Year!
The 65th Annual Golden Globes Awards nominees have been announced! HBO lead with 18 nominations. ABC lead the broadcast nominees with 11, followed by NBC with 6, Fox with 2 and CBS with just 1. The telecast airs Sunday, Jan. 13 on NBC. Here are the major nominees:
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
30 Rock (NBC)
Pushing Daisies (ABC)
COMMENTS: Ugly Betty and Weeds were in it last year, but snubbed this year.
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Christina Applegate, Samantha Who? (ABC)
America Ferrera, Ugly Betty (ABC)
Tina Fey, 30 Rock (NBC)
Anna Friel, Pushing Daisies (ABC)
Mary-Louise Parker, Weeds (Showtime)
COMMENTS: No Housewives is surprising.
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – COMEDY OR MUSICAL
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock (NBC)
Steve Carell, The Office (NBC)
David Duchovny, Californication (Showtime)
Ricky Gervais, Extras (HBO)
Lee Pace, Pushing Daisies (ABC)
COMMENTS: The love for Pushing Daisies continues!
BEST TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Big Love (HBO)
Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
Mad Men (AMC)
The Tudors (Showtime)
COMMENTS: Mad Men and The Tudors are a surprise. I would have went with Lost, Brothers & Sisters or Heroes.
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Patricia Arquette, Medium (NBC)
Glenn Close, Damages (FX)
Minnie Driver, The Riches (FX)
Edie Falco, The Sopranos (HBO)
Sally Field, Brothers & Sisters (ABC)
Holly Hunter, Saving Grace (TNT)
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer (TNT)
COMMENTS: Cable rules here...just 2 of the 7 are from broadcast. Arquette doesn't even long on here. Hunter is a surprise.
BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES – DRAMA
Michael C. Hall, Dexter (Showtime)
Jon Hamm, Mad Men (AMC)
Hugh Laurie, House (Fox)
Jonathan Rhys Meyers, The Tudors (Showtime)
Bill Paxton, Big Love (HBO)
COMMENTS: Again cable driven except for one nomination.
Since the nominees for supporting actors/actresses in Comedy and Drama are mixed in with TV movies, I won't give them all, but here are the TV players (see link below for full list):
Ross Bryne, Damages (FX)
Rachel Griffiths, Brothers & Sisters (ABC)
Katherine Heigl, Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
Jamie Pressly, My Name is Earl (NBC)
Ted Danson, Damages (FX)
Kevin Dillon, Entourage (HBO)
Jeremy Piven, Entourage (HBO)
William Shatner, Boston Legal (ABC)
Donald Sutherland, Dirty Sexy Money (ABC)
For the FULL list of television nominees and to discuss this, click HERE.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.