Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Day 24: WGA's Strike; Hallmark Channel Acquires 7th Heaven, Cheers, I Love Lucy; Animated Dennis the Menace to DVD!
Hallmark Channel has just completed a major deal to acquire several award- winning series, including the critically acclaimed 7th Heaven, the ever popular Cheers and classic baby boomer favorite, I Love Lucy, along with additional episodes of Matlock and Touched By An Angel from CBS Television Distribution. The deal also includes rights to 12 off-net holiday movies, including Finding John Christmas, Town Without a Christmas and When Angels Come to Town.
7th Heaven is the first show that will be ready to launch on Hallmark Channel as early as January of 2008 with Cheers having the next window later in 2008 and I Love Lucy in January of 2009. Matlock has been renewed through 2011, with a similar extension for Touched By an Angel.
Now what does this mean for ABC Family still airing 7th Heaven? That fate will be revealed on tomorrow's blog as we announce ABC Family January. Come on back for that...it will include a new show for ABC Family!
As for Cheers and I Love Lucy, Hallmark says it is not an exclusive cable deal, so TV Land could still run it, but Cheers is expiring from TV Land in September 2008 and I Love Lucy expires on TV Land in December 2008, which makes me think TV Land will not renew both series and Hallmark will just air it. That is still awhile away, so we will find out more details soon. I bet Cheers will launch next fall on Hallmark. Anyway, stay tuned for further details! We hope to have the January line-up soon. For now click HERE to view the press release and to discuss this big news!
Finally, a personal favorite of mine, the '80s animated series Dennis the Menace is finally coming to DVD this March! Dennis The Menace: Trouble, Trouble Everywhere debuts on DVD March 18, 2008 from Fox Home Entertainment.
In Dennis The Menace: Trouble, Trouble Everywhere entire nations can't run and hide. If they did, they surely would when lovable troublemaker Dennis Mitchell pays a visit! Like most families, the Mitchells love taking vacations, but wherever they go, young Dennis seems to wind up in the center of numerous hilarious catastrophes. Whether he’s chasing crooks in Venice or kangaroos in Sydney, outrunning Mayans in South America, or bulls in Spain – or even proving that erupting volcanoes in Hawaii wreak less havoc than he does, Dennis is always drawn to find trouble, wherever it is!
I wish it was a full set with full episodes and not just a best of set. I hope this sells well so we can get all of them on DVD in the full form. Episodes on this set are: "Dennis in Venice," "Mayan Mayhem," "The Big Candied Apple," "A Royal Pain," "Dennis and the Kangaroo Cavalry," "Dennis Plasters Pamplona," and "Black and Blue Hawaii."
To read more about this and to discuss this, click HERE!
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Boyfriend" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Eve has a new boyfriend but refuses to talk about him. After Vanessa pressures her for some good ol’ girl talk, Eve concedes and opens up, much to Vanessa’s joy. But when Mandy and Kristin catch wind that Eve’s boyfriend is taking part in the same overnight Junior ROTC camping trip as Eve, their past mistakes prompt them to be concerned.
The Neighbors - "Balle Balle!" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marty and Debbie are worried when Larry Bird tells them his Indian co-worker at the coffee shop has invited him to a traditional Indian wedding. Despite their pleas, Larry decides to attend without their approval and he and Jackie get carried away when trying to come up with a wedding gift. After Larry does research on Indian weddings, he concludes all weddings take place in “Bollywood” and decides to give his friend a full scale Bollywood number.
Enlisted - "Parade Duty" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
After Cody assigns the platoon "Parade Duty" Pete tries to inspire his team, but finds he is being sabotaged by his own brother. After things go terribly wrong, all three brothers learn a bit more about what it means to be a soldier in Rear D.
Raising Hope - "Baby Phat" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Burt and Virginia are in desperate need of a vacation and, at Barney's suggestion, head to a resort for a little R&R. But the "resort" turns out to be a different kind of place than they were hoping for. Meanwhile, Jimmy and Sabrina decide they want to have a baby.
Jessie - "Snack Attack" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie notices a famous casting director in the park and tries to impress him by volunteering to help his daughter befriend the Ross kids.
Dog with a Blog - "I Want My Nikki Back, Nikki Back, Nikki Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Tyler decides to try and get Nikki back as his girlfriend but Avery is hesitant to help him for fear of being caught between her friend and brother.
Love That Girl - "Assets and Liabilities" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Delroy finds a way out of paying his taxes; Imunique and Jasmine are both into the same guy.
Friday, March 7
- Ellen DeGeneres (Ellen) - Watch Ellen on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Duffy (Step by Step) - Patrick discusses the new season of Dallas on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason is a guest on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judy Gold (All-American Girl) - Judy weighs in on hot topics on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea answers calls from the Foodie Phone Booth on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie discusses Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena will be on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Patrick Warburton (Rules of Engagement/Seinfeld) - Patrick appears on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is a guest on Big Morning Buzz Live with Nick Lachey on VH1 at 10am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.