Sunday, September 02, 2007
The first special is ABC Fall First Look: The New Wednesday! (local affiliate exclusive window was 8/11-17): Get a sneak peek at the incredible ABC dramas coming your way this fall on The New Wednesday, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money. The writers and editors of Entertainment Weekly share their insights on the all-new Wednesday lineup.
You can catch this anytime at abc.com right now if your local ABC channel already aired it. ABC Family will air it at 11:59pm on Monday, Sept. 24.
Next up is, ABC Fall First Look: Bigger Bolder Thursday! (local affiliate exclusive window was 8/18-24): Last season it was the biggest night on television, and this fall it's back, bigger and bolder! Get a sneak peek at ABC Thursdays with the editors of People Magazine. They'll share their thoughts on Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and the all-new Big Shots, plus a sneak peek at Friday's Women's Murder Club.
You can catch this anytime at abc.com right now if your local ABC channel already aired it. ABC Family will air it at 12:30am on Monday, Sept. 24 (early Sept. 25). WABC in NY will air it Sunday, Sept. 9 at 1:30pm.
The final one is called, ABC Fall First Look: The New Funny! (local affiliate exclusive window was 8/25-9/2): Get primed for a fall filled with new laughter. The editors of TV Guide provide a sneak preview of the comedies coming your way this fall on ABC -- Samantha Who?, Carpoolers and Cavemen -- plus a look at the award-winning Ugly Betty.
You can catch this anytime at abc.com after Sept. 2 if your local ABC channel already aired it. ABC Family will air it at 11:59pm on Monday, October 1. WABC in NY will air it Saturday, Sept. 15 at 2:30pm.
CBS has not issued any information yet if they are going to have an actual half-hour Fall Preview special, but you can go to CBS.com and view clips of their new programs.
NBC has aired its fall preview specials on its local affiliates, website and NBC owned cable channels. Greg Grunberg of the Emmy Award-nominated hit drama Heroes hosts The NBC Primetime Preview Show -- a 30-minute program showcasing an upfront look to be conveyed on a variety of media platforms beginning August 11 through September 23. The annual Fall program will be offered to NBC's 232 television stations (check local listings) as well as other channel entities such as USA, SCI FI, Bravo, UniHD, Chiller, mun2, MSNBC, CNBC, Sleuth, NBC2Go, on-demand and broadband. NBC stations can also run it on their websites while NBC.com will also run it as well. In addition, the program will be screened on selected United Airlines flights. It will be broadcast nationally on NBC on Saturday, September 8 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Summer is nearly over, but Fox is hotter than ever with an inside look at the new fall lineup. Hosted by Wayne Brady of Don't Forget the Lyrics!, this half-hour features exclusive clips from new and returning shows, including powerhouse dramas House and Prison Break and never-before-seen footage from the hot new series K-Ville and Back to You. Catch an exciting glimpse of the new season on Fox Fall Preview 2007 airing Sunday, Sept. 2 at 7:00PM ET/PT on Fox. That's tonight. If you miss it then, check your local Fox affiliates to see if they will be airing it at any other day and time. In NY, you can catch it again on WNYW on Sept. 8 at 1am and Sept. 9 at 1pm, among other days. Just check your listings.
Moving on to The CW. It too has a half-hour special just for affiliates it seems. If you miss it on your local CW, you can catch it on your CW channel's website. Among the times it will air here in NY on WPIX are Sept. 4 at 2:30am and Sept. 9 at 10am. Titled, CW Fall Preview 2007, this half-hour special is hosted by Erica Durance of Smallville. So check your local listings!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, December 1
The Muppets - "Going, Going, Gonzo" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
after a show-stopping duet with Miss Piggy on “Up Late with Miss Piggy,” Joseph Gordon-Levitt joins Scooter, Pepe and the gang for poker night; The Great Gonzo gears up to perform his dream stunt; and Dave Grohl challenges Animal to a drum-off.
Fresh Off the Boat - "We Done Son" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jessica and Honey’s friendship hits a rough patch after an argument about the investment property. Louis’s old friend Barry (J.B. Smoove) overstays his welcome. And Eddie starts a part-time job working for DMX.
Grandfathered - "Jimmy & Sons" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jimmy hires Gerald as the new host at his restaurant and gives him a crash course in hospitality. Meanwhile, Vanessa teaches Sara how to take sexy photos for Bruce (guest star Andy Daly), and Annelise encourages Ravi to crack down on the comedy in the kitchen.
The Grinder - "Grinder Rests in Peace" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
“The Grinder: New Orleans” -- a spinoff of the original hit series, asks Dean to film a scene giving closure to his beloved character, Mitch Grinder. Not surprisingly, Dean struggles with being replaced by his TV brother, Rake (guest star Timothy Olyphant). Meanwhile Stewart, who has also been feeling replaced by his brother in Ethan's eyes, jumps at the opportunity to get Dean back into acting and out of his hair.
Family Time - "Bright Lights, Dusty House" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tony's mother comes over to help out now that Lisa has started a full time job; Donnie convinces tony to shoot an ad for his business.
Tuesday, December 1
- Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy/American Dad!) - Catch Seth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Oliver Hudson (Rules of Engagement) - Oliver visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michaela Watkins (Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Wendy Raquel Robinson (The Game/The Steve Harvey Show) - Wendy guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry join Chrissy Teigen in the kitchen to make breakfast toast cups and crème brûlée on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Mindy is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace appears on People Now.