Sunday, September 02, 2007
The first special is ABC Fall First Look: The New Wednesday! (local affiliate exclusive window was 8/11-17): Get a sneak peek at the incredible ABC dramas coming your way this fall on The New Wednesday, Pushing Daisies, Private Practice and Dirty Sexy Money. The writers and editors of Entertainment Weekly share their insights on the all-new Wednesday lineup.
You can catch this anytime at abc.com right now if your local ABC channel already aired it. ABC Family will air it at 11:59pm on Monday, Sept. 24.
Next up is, ABC Fall First Look: Bigger Bolder Thursday! (local affiliate exclusive window was 8/18-24): Last season it was the biggest night on television, and this fall it's back, bigger and bolder! Get a sneak peek at ABC Thursdays with the editors of People Magazine. They'll share their thoughts on Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy and the all-new Big Shots, plus a sneak peek at Friday's Women's Murder Club.
You can catch this anytime at abc.com right now if your local ABC channel already aired it. ABC Family will air it at 12:30am on Monday, Sept. 24 (early Sept. 25). WABC in NY will air it Sunday, Sept. 9 at 1:30pm.
The final one is called, ABC Fall First Look: The New Funny! (local affiliate exclusive window was 8/25-9/2): Get primed for a fall filled with new laughter. The editors of TV Guide provide a sneak preview of the comedies coming your way this fall on ABC -- Samantha Who?, Carpoolers and Cavemen -- plus a look at the award-winning Ugly Betty.
You can catch this anytime at abc.com after Sept. 2 if your local ABC channel already aired it. ABC Family will air it at 11:59pm on Monday, October 1. WABC in NY will air it Saturday, Sept. 15 at 2:30pm.
CBS has not issued any information yet if they are going to have an actual half-hour Fall Preview special, but you can go to CBS.com and view clips of their new programs.
NBC has aired its fall preview specials on its local affiliates, website and NBC owned cable channels. Greg Grunberg of the Emmy Award-nominated hit drama Heroes hosts The NBC Primetime Preview Show -- a 30-minute program showcasing an upfront look to be conveyed on a variety of media platforms beginning August 11 through September 23. The annual Fall program will be offered to NBC's 232 television stations (check local listings) as well as other channel entities such as USA, SCI FI, Bravo, UniHD, Chiller, mun2, MSNBC, CNBC, Sleuth, NBC2Go, on-demand and broadband. NBC stations can also run it on their websites while NBC.com will also run it as well. In addition, the program will be screened on selected United Airlines flights. It will be broadcast nationally on NBC on Saturday, September 8 at 8:30 p.m. ET.
Summer is nearly over, but Fox is hotter than ever with an inside look at the new fall lineup. Hosted by Wayne Brady of Don't Forget the Lyrics!, this half-hour features exclusive clips from new and returning shows, including powerhouse dramas House and Prison Break and never-before-seen footage from the hot new series K-Ville and Back to You. Catch an exciting glimpse of the new season on Fox Fall Preview 2007 airing Sunday, Sept. 2 at 7:00PM ET/PT on Fox. That's tonight. If you miss it then, check your local Fox affiliates to see if they will be airing it at any other day and time. In NY, you can catch it again on WNYW on Sept. 8 at 1am and Sept. 9 at 1pm, among other days. Just check your listings.
Moving on to The CW. It too has a half-hour special just for affiliates it seems. If you miss it on your local CW, you can catch it on your CW channel's website. Among the times it will air here in NY on WPIX are Sept. 4 at 2:30am and Sept. 9 at 10am. Titled, CW Fall Preview 2007, this half-hour special is hosted by Erica Durance of Smallville. So check your local listings!
The Big Bang Theory - "The Itchy Brain Simulation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard tries to keep Sheldon from overreacting when a past mistake comes to light, but Sheldon punishes Leonard by making him walk a mile in his shoes. Meanwhile, Penny confronts Raj’s ex-girlfriend, Lucy.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Scavenger Vortex" (CBS, 8:30PM T/PT) (Repeat)
When the entire gang competes in a scavenger hunt designed by Raj, it brings out the best – and worst – in everyone.
The Crazy Ones - "The Monster" / "The Lighthouse" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
"The Monster" - Simon and the team try an out-of-the-box idea in order to save a library from being shut down, and Gordon literally becomes the unwilling poster boy for the campaign. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis, Gayle King guest stars as herself and Melody Thomas Scott guest stars as Flora, the librarian.
"The Lighthouse" - When a corporation wants to buy out Lewis, Roberts+Roberts, Gordon calls in the board to vote, and Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mom has the final say. Brad Garrett returns as Gordon Lewis and Marilu Henner guest stars as Simon’s ex-wife and Sydney’s mother.
Surviving Jack - "Rhythm Is a Dancer" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
It's homecoming night, but Frankie is bummed that his crush, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), is promised to another date and Rachel is protesting the school's "No Grinding" policy. Meanwhile, with the kids out of the house, Jack and Joanne (Rachael Harris) are planning a passionate night to themselves.
Community - "Basic Sandwich" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
The group learns the history of Greendale’s first Dean, Russell Borchert (guest star Chris Elliott, “Eagleheart”), a reclusive, wealthy genius who disappeared amid a personal scandal in the 1970s. Once Shirley (Yvette Nicole Brown) and Hickey (Jonathan Banks) locate the school’s blueprints, Annie (Alison Brie) and Abed (Danny Pudi) lead the search for Borchert’s old computer lab, which was sealed off years ago. Subway returns to Greendale with plans to take over the campus for a Subway University and they enlist Chang (Ken Jeong) to secretly keep tabs on the study group. Meanwhile, Jeff (Joel McHale) and Britta (Gillian Jacobs) make a grown-up decision about their futures.
Parks and Recreation - "One in 8,000" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler) and Ben (Adam Scott) run a charity auction to raise funds for the unity concert. April (Aubrey Plaza) steps in to manage Andy’s (Chris Pratt) schedule, while Donna (Retta) asks Ron (Nick Offerman) for help with her ex-boyfriend (Special Guest Star KEEGAN MICHAEL-KEY).
Sirens - "Itsy Bitsy Spider" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Hank fears spiders; Brian encounters his suicidal doppelganger; Johnny gets payback.
Saint George - "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hit Me with Your Best Shot - George kicks Alma out of his house and discovers he misses fighting with her.
Anger Management - "Charlie Catches Jordan in the Act" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes ballistic when a drunk Jordan makes out with a prisoner.
- "Buy Any Jeans Necessary" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Gabby is held for shoplifting for returning a pair of jeans with the sensor still on, Stephanie and Charlie take sides. Meanwhile, James is selling their unopened wedding presents to make extra cash.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Teach Emily to Drive" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT)
David takes Emily out driving, but his "coaching" makes her nervous, and he insists Emily's not ready for the responsibility. Later, Janie discovers Dr. Monkey Chunks was run over in the driveway, and now everyone is a suspect.
Thursday, April 17
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tony Hale (Veep/Arrested Development) - Tony appears on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David talks about the new season of Californication on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl) - Max speaks about the new film About Alex on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about her new Lifetime movie A Day Late and a Dollar Short on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie talks about Nurse Jackie on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Heather Graham (Californication) - Heather talks about Californication on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new role on Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Itch on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld/Listen Up) - Jason is a guest on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Mary Tyler Moore Show/Valerie) - Valerie talks about Signed, Sealed, Delivered on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel. She will be on Fox News Radio at 8:45am. She takes a SiriusXM Radio tour with Perri Peltz Shade 45 with SWAY, Morrning Jolt with Larry Flick, Entertainment Weekly Radio between 9:35-11:20am.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:20am.
- Ana Ortiz (A.U.S.A./Kristin) - Ana chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She also talks about the new season of Devious Maids (premieres April 20 at 10pm on Lifetime) on Arise TV.