Wednesday, July 04, 2007
TV One August 2007 is out and there are no regular schedule changes, but there are a few noteworthy specials & marathons! Is summer vacation over already? On Saturday, August 18, 2007 beginning at 12 Noon, TV One gets into a 'back to school' groove with an all-day "Back to Cool" marathon. First, beginning at 12pm is an all-day marathon of Hangin' With Mr. Cooper, the '90s sitcom starring comedian Mark Curry as a former basketball star who heads back to his own former high school to work as a coach and teacher. Marathon episodes will spotlight school-themed stories. Then at 8pm, join host Kim Coles as the Saturday night "Cool Factor" movie is the TV One premiere of Spike Lee's college classic, School Daze, starring Laurence Fishburne, Giancarlo Esposito, Tisha Campbell, Ossie Davis, and Kadeem Hardison.
On Sunday, August 19, 2007 at 9pm, TV One presents the latest hour to appear under its Famous People banner of specials. In the Company of Friends with Vanessa Bell Calloway offers the viewer an intimate peek inside a 'dinner party' for the rich and famous. Popular actress Vanessa Bell Calloway tastes and talks with friends such as Sinbad, Lela Rochon, Chante Moore, Kenny Lattimore, James Pickens Jr. and Kym Whitley. The special replays later that night at 2am, with additional plays on Wednesday 8/22 at 12noon, and Saturday 9/1 at 11am.
Finally, as we mentioned before, ABC will launch the new hidden camera comedy series Just for Laughs on July 17 with two back-to-back episodes from 8-9pm. The show will then air every Tuesday at 8:30 through August 14. So what will air at 8pm? We mentioned before George Lopez encores were tentatively scheduled, now ABC has announced that half-hour encores of America's Funniest Home Videos will air instead. That makes more sense, and it should be a great lead-in. Just for Laughs can be a hit like maybe AFV is, and air for many years to come. Sinbad will host the program.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, July 27
American Dad - "The Longest Distance Relationship" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A year after Jeff’s (guest voice Jeff Fischer) abduction, Hayley is still heartbroken, until she meets millionaire Matt Davis (guest voice Pete Holmes), who may be able to help her move forward. Things are going great, until Steve and Snot (guest voice Curtis Armstrong) catch a signal on a CB radio – Jeff’s alive in space and trying to make it back to Hayley.
Bob's Burgers - "Two for Tina" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jimmy Jr. is threatened when Tina starts dating a ballet dancer named Josh and the two boys get into an epic dance-off for her heart.
The Simpsons - "Yellow Badge of Cowardge" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Bart is plagued with guilt when he wins the annual “Race Around the School,” with an assist from Nelson, who beats up frontrunner Milhouse. Meanwhile, Homer tries to bring back the annual 4th of July fireworks display after it’s canceled for budget reasons. Guest voice Glenn Close returns as Mona Simpson and Olympian Edwin Moses guest-voices as himself.
The Simpsons - "Labor Pains" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer remembers his Lamaze skills when he’s forced to deliver a baby in an elevator. When the mother (guest voice Elizabeth Moss) names the child Homer Jr., he quickly develops a deep emotional bond with the kid. Meanwhile, Lisa is recruited by the cheerleaders of the local pro football team, the Springfield Atoms.
Family Guy - "Chap Stewie" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Peter and Chris interrupt Stewie’s TV time, the angry baby goes back in time to break up Peter and Lois, so he’s never conceived. But instead, he is reborn into a “Downton Abbey”-esque British household.
American Dad - "Poltergasm" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Francine’s “Poltergasm” starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio (guest voice Diego Luna), to the family.
Liv & Maddie - "Space-Werewolf-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv feels that she has something to prove; she insists on doing her own stunts without knowing how complicated they are.
I Didn't Do It - "Earth Boys Are Icky" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In an attempt to land herself an alien boyfriend, Delia creates a device to communicate with outer space; Logan's love life becomes complicated when he realizes his new girlfriend, Danica, is the vice principal's daughter.
Austin & Ally - "Eggs & Extraterrestrials" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Dez, Trish and Austin talk Ally into attending the Zaliens convention in Miami; the fun is over when Trish and Dez run into real Zaliens.
Sunday, July 27
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran talks about her battle with cancer, meeting the love of her life, and her latest role on Broadway on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm on OWN.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.