Sunday, June 10, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 28-June 3)
- War at Home (Fox) - A 7pm encore airing did just 2.52 million, leading into a movie, so the rest of Fox's comedies were pre-empted.
- Creature Comforts
(CBS) - The series premiere of this clay-animated sitcom did 6.18 million, almost a million more viewers than last week's How I Met Your Mother encore which did 5.27 million.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.74 million for the second repeat of the summer season, down from last week's 6.23 million...blame that on the compatibility of the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 11.27 million for a repeat in the summer is a "wow" for a sitcom. Even up from last week's 10.75 million
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 8.72 million, just about on par from King of Queens' 8.6 million last week in this slot, but remember the 9pm lead-in this week was higher.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all over 2 million this week but Chris, which did 1.92 million.
- George Lopez
(ABC) - Just the one episode this week. 3.8 million only tuned in at 8p, down from last week's 4.68 and 4.98 million from 8-9p.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Aired at 8:30pm this week, and did just 3.41 million, compared to last week's 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats from 9-10pm.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did 5.36 and 5.85 million, up from last week's 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) 2 episodes - Final numbers for all of Thursday are not available yet. Fast nationals show a 3.4/6 and 3.2/6 rating for two encores. Last week the show just aired at 8p and did 4.89 million for a repeat.
- The Office (NBC) - 2.6/4 rating for a repeat. Only 3.92 million last week.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 2.5/4 rating for a repeat, as last week it did just 3.82 million. It looks like each half hour went down..
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight ABC will be all-new with the second episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 2 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. CBS will air the Tony Awards, while Fox will burn-off episodes of sitcom The Loop at 8:30 & 9:30p. On cable, the series finale of The Sopranos on HBO will score big and will outscore everything on broadcast.
CBS will air episode two of the new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8. Second airing of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode three of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. On the cable front, check out the season premiere of Kyle XY on ABC Family at 8/7 central.
Tuesday NBC will air a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm.ABC will be all-new with the third episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 3 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its fourth episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. NBC will air Deal or No Deal leading into the premiere of Last Comic Standing from 9-11. The CW will air Hidden Palms at 8. And on the cable front, two episodes of the hit new sitcom House of Payne on TBS from 9-10pm.
Thursday ABC will be all-new with Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the third episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday CBS will air Bob Barker's final Price is Right episode in primetime at 8 leading into the Daytime Emmy Awards. ABC will air a repurposed episode of Kyle XY at 8, followed by another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always new 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
How I Met Your Mother - "Daisy" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Marshall enlists Ted and Barney to help him figure out where Lily went when she left in the middle of their fight.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Soft Opening" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Business booms for Max and Caroline’s new cupcake walk-up window when word spreads about a shocking incident involving a rock star.
Mike & Molly - "Rich Man, Poor Girl" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Victoria brings home a new boyfriend and the entire family wonders if he’s finally “the one.”
Mom - "Belgian Waffles and Bathroom Privileges" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy has trouble accepting how much easier life is with Bonnie in the house. Meanwhile, Baxter sets up camp in the driveway.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today between 7-9am. Finally, he chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on WPIX Morning News at 8:45AM in New York and on HuffPost Live.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Jason appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/Silver Spoons) - Jason visits NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.