Sunday, June 10, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 28-June 3)
- War at Home (Fox) - A 7pm encore airing did just 2.52 million, leading into a movie, so the rest of Fox's comedies were pre-empted.
- Creature Comforts
(CBS) - The series premiere of this clay-animated sitcom did 6.18 million, almost a million more viewers than last week's How I Met Your Mother encore which did 5.27 million.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.74 million for the second repeat of the summer season, down from last week's 6.23 million...blame that on the compatibility of the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 11.27 million for a repeat in the summer is a "wow" for a sitcom. Even up from last week's 10.75 million
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 8.72 million, just about on par from King of Queens' 8.6 million last week in this slot, but remember the 9pm lead-in this week was higher.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all over 2 million this week but Chris, which did 1.92 million.
- George Lopez
(ABC) - Just the one episode this week. 3.8 million only tuned in at 8p, down from last week's 4.68 and 4.98 million from 8-9p.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Aired at 8:30pm this week, and did just 3.41 million, compared to last week's 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats from 9-10pm.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did 5.36 and 5.85 million, up from last week's 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) 2 episodes - Final numbers for all of Thursday are not available yet. Fast nationals show a 3.4/6 and 3.2/6 rating for two encores. Last week the show just aired at 8p and did 4.89 million for a repeat.
- The Office (NBC) - 2.6/4 rating for a repeat. Only 3.92 million last week.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 2.5/4 rating for a repeat, as last week it did just 3.82 million. It looks like each half hour went down..
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight ABC will be all-new with the second episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 2 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. CBS will air the Tony Awards, while Fox will burn-off episodes of sitcom The Loop at 8:30 & 9:30p. On cable, the series finale of The Sopranos on HBO will score big and will outscore everything on broadcast.
CBS will air episode two of the new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8. Second airing of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode three of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. On the cable front, check out the season premiere of Kyle XY on ABC Family at 8/7 central.
Tuesday NBC will air a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm.ABC will be all-new with the third episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 3 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its fourth episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. NBC will air Deal or No Deal leading into the premiere of Last Comic Standing from 9-11. The CW will air Hidden Palms at 8. And on the cable front, two episodes of the hit new sitcom House of Payne on TBS from 9-10pm.
Thursday ABC will be all-new with Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the third episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday CBS will air Bob Barker's final Price is Right episode in primetime at 8 leading into the Daytime Emmy Awards. ABC will air a repurposed episode of Kyle XY at 8, followed by another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always new 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, September 30
Last Man Standing - "Gameday Forecast: Showers" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When a Jack and Jill wedding shower for Mandy and Kyle is announced, Mike is disappointed to learn it’s on the same day as the big Broncos-Chargers game. In an effort to catch the game with Joe (Jay Leno) and the guys, Mike convinces the couple to hold separate showers. Ryan offers to host the men’s festivities at his place, and to Mike’s dismay, he’s more into party planning than anyone would have thought. Meanwhile, Ed’s convinced that sticking to his superstitious rituals is the only way to see to it that the Broncos pull out a big win, even if it means interfering with Mandy’s wedding shower.
Dr. Ken - "Ken and Allison Share a Patient" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Allison’s first work day at Welltopia, she and Ken try to prove the other wrong when it comes to a patient’s diagnosis. After Damona introduces her new boyfriend, Eric, to co-workers, Pat surprises everyone and announces he’s also dating someone. Meanwhile, it’s Dave’s first day of middle school, and he’s nervous he won’t be able to make friends, so he turns to D.K. to help reinvent his image.
Liv and Maddie - "Linda & Heather-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Liv thinks she landed a small role on a hit show called ``Linda and Heather'' but her part turns out to be much bigger; Joey experiences relationship woes.
Bunk'd - "Luke Out Below" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Luke comes back to camp and takes Griff and Zuri on an adventure to prove that he's just as responsible as the other CITs.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Three Times" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Angela try to fix their seemingly broken friendship with Jennifer.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "The Flower Delivery" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Keisha manages to intercept Richard's gift for his new love interest.
Friday, September 30
- Minnie Driver (Speechless/About a Boy) - Watch Minnie on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Margo Martindale (The Millers) - Margo joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/How I Met Your Mother/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley talks about her Hallmark Channel original movie Love on a Limb on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tim Daly (Wings) - Tim talks about Madam Secretary on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Less Than Perfect) and Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Sara and Michael talks about Season 2 of TV Land's Impastor on People Now at 8:30am.