Sunday, June 10, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 28-June 3)
- War at Home (Fox) - A 7pm encore airing did just 2.52 million, leading into a movie, so the rest of Fox's comedies were pre-empted.
- Creature Comforts
(CBS) - The series premiere of this clay-animated sitcom did 6.18 million, almost a million more viewers than last week's How I Met Your Mother encore which did 5.27 million.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.74 million for the second repeat of the summer season, down from last week's 6.23 million...blame that on the compatibility of the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 11.27 million for a repeat in the summer is a "wow" for a sitcom. Even up from last week's 10.75 million
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 8.72 million, just about on par from King of Queens' 8.6 million last week in this slot, but remember the 9pm lead-in this week was higher.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all over 2 million this week but Chris, which did 1.92 million.
- George Lopez
(ABC) - Just the one episode this week. 3.8 million only tuned in at 8p, down from last week's 4.68 and 4.98 million from 8-9p.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Aired at 8:30pm this week, and did just 3.41 million, compared to last week's 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats from 9-10pm.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did 5.36 and 5.85 million, up from last week's 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) 2 episodes - Final numbers for all of Thursday are not available yet. Fast nationals show a 3.4/6 and 3.2/6 rating for two encores. Last week the show just aired at 8p and did 4.89 million for a repeat.
- The Office (NBC) - 2.6/4 rating for a repeat. Only 3.92 million last week.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 2.5/4 rating for a repeat, as last week it did just 3.82 million. It looks like each half hour went down..
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight ABC will be all-new with the second episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 2 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. CBS will air the Tony Awards, while Fox will burn-off episodes of sitcom The Loop at 8:30 & 9:30p. On cable, the series finale of The Sopranos on HBO will score big and will outscore everything on broadcast.
CBS will air episode two of the new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8. Second airing of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode three of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. On the cable front, check out the season premiere of Kyle XY on ABC Family at 8/7 central.
Tuesday NBC will air a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm.ABC will be all-new with the third episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 3 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its fourth episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. NBC will air Deal or No Deal leading into the premiere of Last Comic Standing from 9-11. The CW will air Hidden Palms at 8. And on the cable front, two episodes of the hit new sitcom House of Payne on TBS from 9-10pm.
Thursday ABC will be all-new with Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the third episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday CBS will air Bob Barker's final Price is Right episode in primetime at 8 leading into the Daytime Emmy Awards. ABC will air a repurposed episode of Kyle XY at 8, followed by another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always new 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, July 29
Family Guy - "Christmas Guy" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Carter Pewterschmidt cancels the annual Quahog Christmas carnival, because he hates the holiday, Peter must transform his father-in-law from a Scrooge into a hometown hero in order to salvage the event. Meanwhile, Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Full Boyle" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Detective Boyle’s new romance has upped his swagger, but Jake intervenes before his colleague goes “Full Boyle” and gets too serious, too soon, with his girlfriend (guest star Marilu Henner). Meanwhile, Rosa and Amy have trouble taking a costumed citizen crime-fighter seriously, and Captain Holt has a new opponent.
New Girl - "Exes" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Nick has an awkward run-in with his ex, Caroline (guest star Mary Elizabeth Ellis), Jessica tries to convince him he can still be friends with her, by introducing him to her former boyfriend, Berkley (guest star Brody). Meanwhile, Coach uses Schmidt’s loft to impress a date, but things turn farcically disastrous when Schmidt arrives home with his own potential bedmate.
The Mindy Project - "Indian BBW" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy (Mindy Kaling) discovers an incriminating video of herself that is floating around the internet, so she enlists the help of Peter (Adam Pally) to keep it from falling into the wrong hands.
Sullivan & Son - "Open Mic Night" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Steve wants to have an Open Mic night at the bar to get on the Hot List in The Pittsburgh Reader, Susan discovers she has a new talent...and it involves making fun of Ok Cha. But when Open Mic night goes awry, Steve brings in Carol and Owen (and their inappropriate act) to save the day.
Tuesday, July 29
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Chris on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Molly is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cloris Leachman (Raising Hope/The Facts of Life/The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Cloris appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Leah Remini (The King of Queens/Family Tools) - Tune in to see Leah on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel will be on GMA Live! at 9:00am. He will also be a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.