Sunday, June 10, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 28-June 3)
- War at Home (Fox) - A 7pm encore airing did just 2.52 million, leading into a movie, so the rest of Fox's comedies were pre-empted.
- Creature Comforts
(CBS) - The series premiere of this clay-animated sitcom did 6.18 million, almost a million more viewers than last week's How I Met Your Mother encore which did 5.27 million.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.74 million for the second repeat of the summer season, down from last week's 6.23 million...blame that on the compatibility of the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 11.27 million for a repeat in the summer is a "wow" for a sitcom. Even up from last week's 10.75 million
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 8.72 million, just about on par from King of Queens' 8.6 million last week in this slot, but remember the 9pm lead-in this week was higher.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all over 2 million this week but Chris, which did 1.92 million.
- George Lopez
(ABC) - Just the one episode this week. 3.8 million only tuned in at 8p, down from last week's 4.68 and 4.98 million from 8-9p.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Aired at 8:30pm this week, and did just 3.41 million, compared to last week's 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats from 9-10pm.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did 5.36 and 5.85 million, up from last week's 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) 2 episodes - Final numbers for all of Thursday are not available yet. Fast nationals show a 3.4/6 and 3.2/6 rating for two encores. Last week the show just aired at 8p and did 4.89 million for a repeat.
- The Office (NBC) - 2.6/4 rating for a repeat. Only 3.92 million last week.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 2.5/4 rating for a repeat, as last week it did just 3.82 million. It looks like each half hour went down..
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight ABC will be all-new with the second episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 2 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. CBS will air the Tony Awards, while Fox will burn-off episodes of sitcom The Loop at 8:30 & 9:30p. On cable, the series finale of The Sopranos on HBO will score big and will outscore everything on broadcast.
CBS will air episode two of the new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8. Second airing of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode three of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. On the cable front, check out the season premiere of Kyle XY on ABC Family at 8/7 central.
Tuesday NBC will air a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm.ABC will be all-new with the third episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 3 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its fourth episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. NBC will air Deal or No Deal leading into the premiere of Last Comic Standing from 9-11. The CW will air Hidden Palms at 8. And on the cable front, two episodes of the hit new sitcom House of Payne on TBS from 9-10pm.
Thursday ABC will be all-new with Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the third episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday CBS will air Bob Barker's final Price is Right episode in primetime at 8 leading into the Daytime Emmy Awards. ABC will air a repurposed episode of Kyle XY at 8, followed by another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always new 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 31
Fresh Off the Boat - "Tight Two" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis prides himself on being a fun dad, but after he has an accident and is forced to stay home with the boys, he scrambles to find ways to entertain the kids. And while Louis is stuck at home, Jessica struggles to manage the staff and the new takeout service at Cattleman’s Ranch.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Phillip Goldstein" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eddie tries to befriend the only other Chinese kid in school (guest star Albert Tsai, “Trophy Wife”), but he’s in for a letdown after he finds out that they have nothing in common; Louis feels betrayed when Mitch (Paul Scheer) accepts a job at the rival Golden Saddle.
Tuesday, May 31
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Catch Megan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas drops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Paul F. Tompkins (DAG) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Maya talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael discusses hosting the 61st Drama Desk Awards on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley discusses her first ever beauty line Illuminate by Ashley Tisdale on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Jenna Elfman (Dharma & Greg/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jenna and her husband Bodhi discuss their hit podcast Kicking and Screaming on the the AOL Build Show at 5pm.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan talks about Maya and Marty on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.