Sunday, June 10, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 28-June 3)
- War at Home (Fox) - A 7pm encore airing did just 2.52 million, leading into a movie, so the rest of Fox's comedies were pre-empted.
- Creature Comforts
(CBS) - The series premiere of this clay-animated sitcom did 6.18 million, almost a million more viewers than last week's How I Met Your Mother encore which did 5.27 million.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 5.74 million for the second repeat of the summer season, down from last week's 6.23 million...blame that on the compatibility of the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 11.27 million for a repeat in the summer is a "wow" for a sitcom. Even up from last week's 10.75 million
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 8.72 million, just about on par from King of Queens' 8.6 million last week in this slot, but remember the 9pm lead-in this week was higher.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all over 2 million this week but Chris, which did 1.92 million.
- George Lopez
(ABC) - Just the one episode this week. 3.8 million only tuned in at 8p, down from last week's 4.68 and 4.98 million from 8-9p.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Aired at 8:30pm this week, and did just 3.41 million, compared to last week's 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats from 9-10pm.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did 5.36 and 5.85 million, up from last week's 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) 2 episodes - Final numbers for all of Thursday are not available yet. Fast nationals show a 3.4/6 and 3.2/6 rating for two encores. Last week the show just aired at 8p and did 4.89 million for a repeat.
- The Office (NBC) - 2.6/4 rating for a repeat. Only 3.92 million last week.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 2.5/4 rating for a repeat, as last week it did just 3.82 million. It looks like each half hour went down..
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight ABC will be all-new with the second episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 2 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. CBS will air the Tony Awards, while Fox will burn-off episodes of sitcom The Loop at 8:30 & 9:30p. On cable, the series finale of The Sopranos on HBO will score big and will outscore everything on broadcast.
CBS will air episode two of the new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8. Second airing of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode three of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. On the cable front, check out the season premiere of Kyle XY on ABC Family at 8/7 central.
Tuesday NBC will air a two-hour America's Got Talent from 8-10pm. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm.ABC will be all-new with the third episode of Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 3 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its fourth episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. NBC will air Deal or No Deal leading into the premiere of Last Comic Standing from 9-11. The CW will air Hidden Palms at 8. And on the cable front, two episodes of the hit new sitcom House of Payne on TBS from 9-10pm.
Thursday ABC will be all-new with Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 4 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the third episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday CBS will air Bob Barker's final Price is Right episode in primetime at 8 leading into the Daytime Emmy Awards. ABC will air a repurposed episode of Kyle XY at 8, followed by another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always new 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 21
The Big Bang Theory - "The Indecision Amalgamation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
While Raj is wracked with guilt when he tries to date two women at once, Penny wrestles with whether to take a role in a cheesy movie, and Sheldon is torn trying to choose between two gaming systems.
Mom - "Abstinence and Pudding" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy is determined to take things slow in her relationship with Adam. Meanwhile, Bonnie and her rival from AA, Marjorie, disagree on what “taking it slow” means. Justin Long returns as Christy’s love interest, Adam. Mimi Kennedy returns as Bonnie’s rival from AA, Marjorie.
Welcome to Sweden - "Parents!/Foraldrar" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Wayne (Patrick Duffy) and Nancy (Illeana Douglas) take a detour from their holiday cruise to visit their son Bruce (Greg Poehler), and a rocky first impression leads to the ultimate culture clash with Emma’s (Josephine Bornebusch) parents, Viveka (Lena Olin) and Birger (Claes Månsson.) Meanwhile, Bruce does his best to show everyone that moving to Sweden was the right thing for him to do and Emma shares a huge piece of news.
Welcome to Sweden - "Homesick/Lagom" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) and Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) have to make a decision after he receives an offer from Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), one of his former clients, to come back to New York to help her with her current financial problems with the IRS, which have taken root since he left. To help ensure he returns, Amy dispatches Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself) to stalk Bruce and help get him back to the states. Meanwhile, Bruce decides to take a stab at working as a Swedish celebrity money manager and Emma uses her connections to get him in front of the right people.
Married - "Invisible Man" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Russ's refusal to have his semen tested results in an unexpected climax.
You're the Worst - "PTSD" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
After Jimmy accidentally sleeps with an A-List celebrity, he and Gretchen embark on a sex arms race to even out their score.
Love That Girl - "My Way or the Hallway" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Latrell and Imunique get locked out of their condo and must spend the night in the hallway.
Thursday, August 21
- Chris Pratt (Parks and the Recreation) - Catch Chris and the rest of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Zach Braff (Scrubs) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jeff Garlin (The Goldbergs/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Jeff appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You/Out of Practice) - Ty chats on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City/The Big C) - Tune in to see Cynthia on a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Josh Gad (1600 Penn/Back to You) - Josh chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.