Sunday, June 03, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 21-27)
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.27 million for the first summer repeat airing.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 6.23 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.75 million
- King of Queens (CBS) - 8.6 million for a repeats is good, but should have held more from the lead-in.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all under 2 million, but steady...with the first sitcom doing the best and the last sitcom doing the second best.
- George Lopez
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.68 and 4.98 million is OK for repeats for this now canceled sitcom.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats. This show still has a slim chance of returning.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Special Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did OK with 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - 4.89 million for a repeat.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - 3.93 million is a concern, because it dropped quite a bit from the lead-in. That will be concerning next fall.
- The Office (NBC) - Only 3.92 million, momentum from 30 Rock might not be good, and you might see NBC move Office back to 8:30 in the fall, because 30 Rock is a good show but can't garner the ratings.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 3.82 million for a repeat. So the whole comedy night went down each half-hour...I know it was repeats, but still.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight it is just repeats and movies.
CBS will launch a new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8 starting tomorrow. They will move encores of How I Met Your Mother to 9:30, removing King of Queens, which will air Wednesdays 8-9pm for a bit. Season premiere of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode two of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. NBC will have Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals. How low can it go this year?
Tuesday NBC will air an original episode of Deal or No Deal leading into the two-hour season premiere of America's Got Talent. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm. ABC will air the 2007 Alma Awards from 9-11pm, following encores of George & Jim.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by the season premiere of American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its third episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. And if necessary, game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC.
Thursday ABC will be once again all-new with the premiere of the much anticipated series Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Can LeBron deliver? Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the second episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday ABC will air another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always news 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
Saturday will see Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, November 28
Henry Danger - "Christmas Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man gets arrested for committing a petty crime, he is forced to spend Christmas in jail. Henry and Charlotte must try to help Captain Man have a good Christmas in jail.
Game Shakers - "A Reggae Potato Christmas" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The Game Shakers visit Double G on the set of his live, self-indulgent "Double G's Christmas Special." During the opening number, his hair catches on fire and they must finish the show without him.
Monday, November 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Richard Kind (Spin City/Mad About You) - Richard is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Alan Tudyk (Suburgatory) - Alan appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Brent Morin and Rick Glassman (Undateable) - Brent and Rick are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kim Fields (The Facts of Life/Living Single) - Kim dishes on the new season of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and talks about why she decided to join the show on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A./Scrubs) - Scott drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America talks about her new series Superstore on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Bob Saget (Fuller House/How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm/Suburgatory) - Cheryl talks about her movie Christmas Eve on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.