Sunday, June 03, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 21-27)
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.27 million for the first summer repeat airing.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 6.23 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.75 million
- King of Queens (CBS) - 8.6 million for a repeats is good, but should have held more from the lead-in.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all under 2 million, but steady...with the first sitcom doing the best and the last sitcom doing the second best.
- George Lopez
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.68 and 4.98 million is OK for repeats for this now canceled sitcom.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats. This show still has a slim chance of returning.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Special Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did OK with 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - 4.89 million for a repeat.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - 3.93 million is a concern, because it dropped quite a bit from the lead-in. That will be concerning next fall.
- The Office (NBC) - Only 3.92 million, momentum from 30 Rock might not be good, and you might see NBC move Office back to 8:30 in the fall, because 30 Rock is a good show but can't garner the ratings.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 3.82 million for a repeat. So the whole comedy night went down each half-hour...I know it was repeats, but still.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight it is just repeats and movies.
CBS will launch a new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8 starting tomorrow. They will move encores of How I Met Your Mother to 9:30, removing King of Queens, which will air Wednesdays 8-9pm for a bit. Season premiere of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode two of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. NBC will have Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals. How low can it go this year?
Tuesday NBC will air an original episode of Deal or No Deal leading into the two-hour season premiere of America's Got Talent. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm. ABC will air the 2007 Alma Awards from 9-11pm, following encores of George & Jim.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by the season premiere of American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its third episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. And if necessary, game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC.
Thursday ABC will be once again all-new with the premiere of the much anticipated series Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Can LeBron deliver? Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the second episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday ABC will air another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always news 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
Saturday will see Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary.
Mike & Molly - "Molly Unleashed" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Molly finds herself at a crossroads with her career, she makes a huge decision. Brian Baumgartner guest stars as Molly’s union rep, James.
The Millers - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan and his sister, Debbie, are upset when their parents announce they’re divorcing after 43 years of marriage. However, that’s nothing compared to the panic they feel when Carol, their intrusive mother, announces that she’s moving in with Nathan, while Tom, their easily distracted father, is moving in with Debbie.
Monday, April 21
- Courteney Cox (Cougar Town/Friends) - Watch Courteney The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jimmie "J.J." Walker (Good Times) - Jimmie appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Bob Thornton (Hears Afire) - Billy Bob is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (Bad Teacher) - Ari visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Bob Saget (How I Met Your Mother/Full House) - Bob is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Tune in to see Gillian on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul is a guest on a repeat of The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Brooklyn Decker, Majandra Delfino and Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives) - The women of Friends with Better Lives are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. Zoe will also be on Pop Sugar Now on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Andre Braugher (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andre will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie throws down a figure-friendly chicken dinner on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ted Lange (The Love Boat) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany shares her story of triumph over non-Hodgkins lymphoma on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Beau Bridges (The Millers) - Beau appears on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Toni Colette (United States of Tara) - Toni will be on HuffPost Live.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas is a guest on HuffPost Live.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Hot Properties/The Knights of Prosperity) - Sofia visits ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly hosts the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.