Sunday, June 03, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 21-27)
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.27 million for the first summer repeat airing.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 6.23 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.75 million
- King of Queens (CBS) - 8.6 million for a repeats is good, but should have held more from the lead-in.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all under 2 million, but steady...with the first sitcom doing the best and the last sitcom doing the second best.
- George Lopez
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.68 and 4.98 million is OK for repeats for this now canceled sitcom.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats. This show still has a slim chance of returning.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Special Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did OK with 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - 4.89 million for a repeat.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - 3.93 million is a concern, because it dropped quite a bit from the lead-in. That will be concerning next fall.
- The Office (NBC) - Only 3.92 million, momentum from 30 Rock might not be good, and you might see NBC move Office back to 8:30 in the fall, because 30 Rock is a good show but can't garner the ratings.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 3.82 million for a repeat. So the whole comedy night went down each half-hour...I know it was repeats, but still.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight it is just repeats and movies.
CBS will launch a new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8 starting tomorrow. They will move encores of How I Met Your Mother to 9:30, removing King of Queens, which will air Wednesdays 8-9pm for a bit. Season premiere of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode two of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. NBC will have Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals. How low can it go this year?
Tuesday NBC will air an original episode of Deal or No Deal leading into the two-hour season premiere of America's Got Talent. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm. ABC will air the 2007 Alma Awards from 9-11pm, following encores of George & Jim.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by the season premiere of American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its third episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. And if necessary, game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC.
Thursday ABC will be once again all-new with the premiere of the much anticipated series Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Can LeBron deliver? Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the second episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday ABC will air another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always news 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
Saturday will see Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 24
Last Man Standing - "School Merger" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Chuck debate the merits of a local ballot measure merging their upscale neighborhood high school with one in the inner city. For Halloween, Ryan dresses up Boyd as a lump of coal – another reminder to Vanessa how her job as a geologist may be hurting the environment.
Cristela - "Mr. Felix and Ms. Daniela" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Daniela’s friend mistakes Cristela for the nanny, tensions flare between the two sisters and surprisingly it is Felix who brings them back together. Meanwhile, Alberto tries to get closer to Cristela in an unexpected way.
Friday, October 24
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Watch Jerry on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Melissa Fumero (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil discusses his new autobiography on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings) - Amy talks about the legacy of her late husband, John Ritter, and the foundation created in his honor on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company/Step by Step) - Suzanne chats on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Analeigh Tipton (Manattan Love Story) - Analeigh is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks A Delicate Balance on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Parks and Recreation) - Jenny chats about her book (Marcel the Shell: The Most Surprised I've Ever Been) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Laurence Fisburne (black-ish) - Laurence appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.