Sunday, June 03, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 21-27)
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.27 million for the first summer repeat airing.
- Old Christine (CBS) - 6.23 million for the first repeat airing, building on the lead-in.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.75 million
- King of Queens (CBS) - 8.6 million for a repeats is good, but should have held more from the lead-in.
- Everybody Hates Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game (The CW) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all under 2 million, but steady...with the first sitcom doing the best and the last sitcom doing the second best.
- George Lopez
(ABC) 2 episodes - 4.68 and 4.98 million is OK for repeats for this now canceled sitcom.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - 5.2 and 5.38 million for two repeats. This show still has a slim chance of returning.
- King of Queens
(CBS) 2 episodes - Special Wednesday encores from 8-9pm did OK with 5.05 and 5.22 million.
My Name is Earl (NBC) - 4.89 million for a repeat.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - 3.93 million is a concern, because it dropped quite a bit from the lead-in. That will be concerning next fall.
- The Office (NBC) - Only 3.92 million, momentum from 30 Rock might not be good, and you might see NBC move Office back to 8:30 in the fall, because 30 Rock is a good show but can't garner the ratings.
- Scrubs (NBC) - 3.82 million for a repeat. So the whole comedy night went down each half-hour...I know it was repeats, but still.
So what is new or notable this week that you might want to catch? Tonight it is just repeats and movies.
CBS will launch a new clay animated sitcom called Creature Comforts, airing Mondays at 8 starting tomorrow. They will move encores of How I Met Your Mother to 9:30, removing King of Queens, which will air Wednesdays 8-9pm for a bit. Season premiere of Hell's Kitchen is at 9pm on Fox and ABC will air episode two of The Ex-Wives Club at 9pm as well. NBC will have Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Finals. How low can it go this year?
Tuesday NBC will air an original episode of Deal or No Deal leading into the two-hour season premiere of America's Got Talent. Fox will continue to air low-rated reality series On the Lot at 8pm. ABC will air the 2007 Alma Awards from 9-11pm, following encores of George & Jim.
Wednesday ABC will be all-new all night, with the surprise hit The Next Best Thing at 8pm, followed by the season premiere of American Inventor, and finally at 10pm the action packed drama Traveler will air its third episode. Fox will air an encore of So You Think You Can Dance at 8, leading into an all-new episode at 9. And if necessary, game 5 of the Stanley Cup Finals will air on NBC.
Thursday ABC will be once again all-new with the premiere of the much anticipated series Fast Cars & Superstars, followed by Game 1 of The NBA Finals between Cleveland and San Antonio. Can LeBron deliver? Fox will also be new all-night with an all-new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader and So You Think You Can Dance-Thursday. CBS will air the second episode of Pirate Master at 8 and NBC will continue to burn-off Studio 60 at 10, following encores of their sitcoms.
Friday ABC will air another episode of National Bingo Night at 9, leading into the always news 20/20. Fox will burn-off an episode of Standoff at 9pm.
Saturday will see Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Finals on NBC, if necessary.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 22
Last Man Standing - "Hard-ass Teacher" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eve has decided she wants to go to college at West Point. In order to do so she needs to get straight A’s, which might be a problem considering her geometry teacher, Mr. Hardin, is called “Hard-ass” Hardin for a reason. In turn, Eve asks Mike and Vanessa for their approval to switch teachers to an easier class -- a move Vanessa approves of but one that Mike sees as just the easy way out.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Jessie - "Coffee Talk" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie scores two VIP wristbands to Emma and Zuri's dream concert and the girls compete for the extra spot; Bertram is obsessed with his new talking coffee maker.
Dog with a Blog - "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan's secret talent is revealed to the family's neighbor, Karl; he doesn't find out about the blog, the moon walking or the driving, though.
Friday, August 22
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Tune in to see Mary on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Tune in to see Mayim on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Learn how Cedric is killing his cholesterol on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.