Sunday, May 27, 2007
Week 36 (Final Week of Season) Numbers (Final Three Nights); How the Sitcoms Did; Final 2006-07 Ratings
Households: Fox: 11.4/18.0; ABC: 9.6/15.2; CBS: 7.3/11.7; NBC: 5.0/7.9; The CW: 1.2/1.9; MNT: 0.6/0.9.
Total Viewers: Fox: 19.53 million; ABC: 14.78 million; CBS: 11.11 million; NBC: 7.53 million; The CW: 1.71 million; MNT: 0.86 million.
Adults 18-49: Fox: 7.5/19.9; ABC: 5.0/13.2; NBC: 2.9/7.6; CBS: 2.8/7.8; The CW: 0.7/1.9; MNT: 0.4/1.0.
On Monday Dancing with the Stars continued to rule Mondays for ABC. 20.19 million tuned in for finals, up from the previous week! CBS's CSI: Miami was a repeat at 10pm and did 11.51 million, why on earth did CBS give up here? NBC's Deal or No Deal was way down against Stars, with 9.87 million, but up from last week. CBS aired four encores of Two and a Half Men from 8-10pm, going up in each half hour, but they should have aired at least one new episode of it this week, why waste it last week at 8:30pm? Fox aired the two-hour season finale of 24 with 10.3 million, which was actually down from last week's normal one-hour episode, but I think the 9pm hour was up from last week. ABC aired The Bachelor from 9-11 and did great with 12.67 million, up two million last week's normal 90-minute episode, and NBC aired the season finale of Heroes at 9 with 13.48 million (up almost 2 million from last week), followed by Law & Order: Criminal Intent season finale at 8.85 million, up from last week. The CW's comedies were all in repeats.
Tuesday was ABC's night this week, but Fox was close behind. ABC aired the finale of Dancing with the Stars: The Results doing 22.96 million from 9-11pm, obviously up from last week, with a one-hour special The Bachelor: After the Rose preceding it with a nice 7.97 million. American Idol did 25.24 million at 8 (up from last week) but the premiere of new summer series On the Lot was probably the bomb of the year with just 8.54 million, losing 17 million from its lead-in...ouch. And Fox will air the season finale of House out of sweeps for that? CBS was third with the season finale of Navy NCIS doing a solid 14.13 million followed by a new TV movie called Jesse Stone putting up decent numbers with 13.01 million, but the demos were low. NBC was fourth for for the night with both Law & Order spin-offs doing 6.57 and 10.28 million from 9-11pm (both down from last week), with another Dateline kicking the night off with 5.49 million. The CW aired the two-hour finale of Veronica Mars (1.78 and 2.15 million from 8-10).
Wednesday it was Fox and ABC airing new programming, as the rest surrendered. American Idol's finale for Fox did 30.73 million from 8-10:09pm, down 6 million from last year's finale average. ABC was second with the two-hour season finale of Lost from 9-11pm doing a solid 13.86 million, a clip show repeat aired at 8 and did 5.73 million. CBS was a solid third for the night with repeats of Navy NCIS, Criminal Minds and CSI: NY doing 8.25 million, 9.57 million and 10.25 million, maybe next year CBS should air new episodes here. NBC was again fourth for the night with a repeat of the special SNL in the 90s doing just 4.12 million from 8-10 and yet another Dateline followed with 4.85 million. The CW surrendered with two One Tree Hill repeats...god help us all.
Thursday started the summer season and it was a quite night but Fox did decent for So You Think You Can Dance but On the Lot bombed in its normal slot. Friday saw more repeats with ABC just airing a new show with National Bingo Night and Saturday saw more repeats with the NBA doing similar numbers as they do on TNT/ESPN.
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 7-13)
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - Two new episodes did 4.05 and 5.22 million. Nice for the season finales.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - 9.94 million tuned in to the one-hour episode, up nearly 3 million from last week...nice.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 9.15 million tuned in to the season finale.
- American Dad (Fox) - 7.62 million tuned in to the season finale.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) 4 repeats - 4 repeats from 8-10 did 7.72, 8.64 (already better than what normally airs here), 11.82, and 12.31 million. They should have aired the season finale this week at 9.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game. Repeat of Chris started it off with 2.06 million, followed by a repeat of All of Us at 1.85 million, and repeats of Girlfriends and The Game 1.73 and 1.64 million.
No new sitcoms at all this week. Isn't that sad?
Final 2006-07 Season Numbers
September 18, 2006 through May 23, 2007
CBS: 7.9 rating/13 share (-4% from last season), ABC: 6.4/10 (-7), Fox: 6.4/10 (+3), NBC: 5.8/9 (-9), The CW: 2.1/3.
CBS: 12.46 million (-1% from last season), Fox: 10.41 (+3), ABC: 9.93 (-8), NBC: 8.87 (-6), The CW: 3.2.
Fox: 4.0 rating/11 share (-2% from last season), CBS: 3.7/10 (-3), ABC: 3.5/10 (-13), NBC: 3.1/8 (-6), The CW: 1.3/3.
Fox: 3.7 rating/11 share (-5% from last season), ABC: 2.9/9 (-9), CBS: 2.6/8 (even), NBC: 2.5/ 8 (-4), The CW: 1.5/4.
CBS: 4.6 rating/12 share (-4% from last season), Fox: 4.3/11 (-2), ABC: 4.0/10 (-13), NBC: 3.6/9 (-10), The CW: 1.2/2.
- CBS, Fox and ABC all had something to write home about this season, despite a terrible ending to most series this season (technology has a lot to do with this). CBS still was number one in households, viewers and 25-54 despite some losses from last season. Fox was up and down in a few categories, so basically even from last year, even with Idol down slightly. ABC had Monday Night Football and the Super Bowl last season, so taking those out of last year's numbers, ABC is even from last season. NBC didn't do so well again this season coming in 4th in total viewers and adults 18-49, and it had Sunday Night Football this season to boost its fall, but still couldn't turn the season into a positive. The CW showed some gains and losses from UPN and The WB combined from last season.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 2
New Girl - "Cruise" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess and Nick invite the gang along with them on a cruise they booked while still together as a couple. Coach tries to suppress his fear of boating, Schmidt attempts to win back Cece and Winston tries to mend Jess and Nick’s fractured relationship.
The Mindy Project - "Danny and Mindy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy thinks she’s met the man of her dreams after he writes a description of their encounter in a New York newspaper, leading to a surprising reveal.
Sullivan & Son - "A Kiss Is Just Never a Kiss" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Steve goes all out to impress an exciting new woman, with the help of Melanie. Meanwhile, Hank's doctor prescribes him testosterone, but a mishap leads to a "juiced up" Hank.
Tuesday, September 2
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Catch Allison on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Koechner (The Office/Hank) - David stops by @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife) - Albert is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth talks about his new film The Identical on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Tune in to see Brooklyn on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.