Sunday, May 27, 2007
Week 36 (Final Week of Season) Numbers (Final Three Nights); How the Sitcoms Did; Final 2006-07 Ratings
Households: Fox: 11.4/18.0; ABC: 9.6/15.2; CBS: 7.3/11.7; NBC: 5.0/7.9; The CW: 1.2/1.9; MNT: 0.6/0.9.
Total Viewers: Fox: 19.53 million; ABC: 14.78 million; CBS: 11.11 million; NBC: 7.53 million; The CW: 1.71 million; MNT: 0.86 million.
Adults 18-49: Fox: 7.5/19.9; ABC: 5.0/13.2; NBC: 2.9/7.6; CBS: 2.8/7.8; The CW: 0.7/1.9; MNT: 0.4/1.0.
On Monday Dancing with the Stars continued to rule Mondays for ABC. 20.19 million tuned in for finals, up from the previous week! CBS's CSI: Miami was a repeat at 10pm and did 11.51 million, why on earth did CBS give up here? NBC's Deal or No Deal was way down against Stars, with 9.87 million, but up from last week. CBS aired four encores of Two and a Half Men from 8-10pm, going up in each half hour, but they should have aired at least one new episode of it this week, why waste it last week at 8:30pm? Fox aired the two-hour season finale of 24 with 10.3 million, which was actually down from last week's normal one-hour episode, but I think the 9pm hour was up from last week. ABC aired The Bachelor from 9-11 and did great with 12.67 million, up two million last week's normal 90-minute episode, and NBC aired the season finale of Heroes at 9 with 13.48 million (up almost 2 million from last week), followed by Law & Order: Criminal Intent season finale at 8.85 million, up from last week. The CW's comedies were all in repeats.
Tuesday was ABC's night this week, but Fox was close behind. ABC aired the finale of Dancing with the Stars: The Results doing 22.96 million from 9-11pm, obviously up from last week, with a one-hour special The Bachelor: After the Rose preceding it with a nice 7.97 million. American Idol did 25.24 million at 8 (up from last week) but the premiere of new summer series On the Lot was probably the bomb of the year with just 8.54 million, losing 17 million from its lead-in...ouch. And Fox will air the season finale of House out of sweeps for that? CBS was third with the season finale of Navy NCIS doing a solid 14.13 million followed by a new TV movie called Jesse Stone putting up decent numbers with 13.01 million, but the demos were low. NBC was fourth for for the night with both Law & Order spin-offs doing 6.57 and 10.28 million from 9-11pm (both down from last week), with another Dateline kicking the night off with 5.49 million. The CW aired the two-hour finale of Veronica Mars (1.78 and 2.15 million from 8-10).
Wednesday it was Fox and ABC airing new programming, as the rest surrendered. American Idol's finale for Fox did 30.73 million from 8-10:09pm, down 6 million from last year's finale average. ABC was second with the two-hour season finale of Lost from 9-11pm doing a solid 13.86 million, a clip show repeat aired at 8 and did 5.73 million. CBS was a solid third for the night with repeats of Navy NCIS, Criminal Minds and CSI: NY doing 8.25 million, 9.57 million and 10.25 million, maybe next year CBS should air new episodes here. NBC was again fourth for the night with a repeat of the special SNL in the 90s doing just 4.12 million from 8-10 and yet another Dateline followed with 4.85 million. The CW surrendered with two One Tree Hill repeats...god help us all.
Thursday started the summer season and it was a quite night but Fox did decent for So You Think You Can Dance but On the Lot bombed in its normal slot. Friday saw more repeats with ABC just airing a new show with National Bingo Night and Saturday saw more repeats with the NBA doing similar numbers as they do on TNT/ESPN.
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 7-13)
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - Two new episodes did 4.05 and 5.22 million. Nice for the season finales.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - 9.94 million tuned in to the one-hour episode, up nearly 3 million from last week...nice.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 9.15 million tuned in to the season finale.
- American Dad (Fox) - 7.62 million tuned in to the season finale.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) 4 repeats - 4 repeats from 8-10 did 7.72, 8.64 (already better than what normally airs here), 11.82, and 12.31 million. They should have aired the season finale this week at 9.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game. Repeat of Chris started it off with 2.06 million, followed by a repeat of All of Us at 1.85 million, and repeats of Girlfriends and The Game 1.73 and 1.64 million.
No new sitcoms at all this week. Isn't that sad?
Final 2006-07 Season Numbers
September 18, 2006 through May 23, 2007
CBS: 7.9 rating/13 share (-4% from last season), ABC: 6.4/10 (-7), Fox: 6.4/10 (+3), NBC: 5.8/9 (-9), The CW: 2.1/3.
CBS: 12.46 million (-1% from last season), Fox: 10.41 (+3), ABC: 9.93 (-8), NBC: 8.87 (-6), The CW: 3.2.
Fox: 4.0 rating/11 share (-2% from last season), CBS: 3.7/10 (-3), ABC: 3.5/10 (-13), NBC: 3.1/8 (-6), The CW: 1.3/3.
Fox: 3.7 rating/11 share (-5% from last season), ABC: 2.9/9 (-9), CBS: 2.6/8 (even), NBC: 2.5/ 8 (-4), The CW: 1.5/4.
CBS: 4.6 rating/12 share (-4% from last season), Fox: 4.3/11 (-2), ABC: 4.0/10 (-13), NBC: 3.6/9 (-10), The CW: 1.2/2.
- CBS, Fox and ABC all had something to write home about this season, despite a terrible ending to most series this season (technology has a lot to do with this). CBS still was number one in households, viewers and 25-54 despite some losses from last season. Fox was up and down in a few categories, so basically even from last year, even with Idol down slightly. ABC had Monday Night Football and the Super Bowl last season, so taking those out of last year's numbers, ABC is even from last season. NBC didn't do so well again this season coming in 4th in total viewers and adults 18-49, and it had Sunday Night Football this season to boost its fall, but still couldn't turn the season into a positive. The CW showed some gains and losses from UPN and The WB combined from last season.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - The Exes - Seasons 1 & 2
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/06 - Kenan & Kel - The Best of Seasons 3 & 4
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dharma & Greg - The Complete Season 2
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/02 - The Simpsons - The Seventeenth Season (Blu-ray)
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - Family Guy - Volume 13
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, November 28
Jessie - "Jessie's Aloha Holidays with Parker and Joey" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Parker and Joey Rooney join Jessie and the Ross kids in planning a tropical Christmas at the clan's Hawaiin villa; Jessie reunites with an old friend.
Friday, November 28
- Kat Dennings (2 Broke Girls) - Watch Kat on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your local listings.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kim Cattrall (Sex and the City) - Kim shares why she's having the best sex of her life now and being happily single in the city on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Laurence Fisbburne (black-ish) - Laurence is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Jenny McCarthy (Two and a Half Men/Jenny) - Jenny appears on a repeat of the Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great ideas for your Thanksgiving leftovers on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Norman Lear (Producer of All in the Family/Sanford and Son/The Jeffersons/Good Times) - Norman chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo is a guest on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- John Ratzenberger (Cheers) - John will be on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel.