Friday, May 11, 2007
SitcomsOnline.com 2007-08 Upfront Preview: The CW; TV Land July Highlights; ION Television June Highlights
Here is the SitcomsOnline.com The CW 2007-08 preview:
New Series Already Picked-Up: None.
New Series We Think That Are Almost Good To Go: Aliens in America (sitcom), Gossip Girl (drama), Reaper (drama), Spellbound (drama) and Wild at Heart (drama).
New Series Perhaps Picked-Up for Mid-Season: The World According to Barnes (drama) and Hell on Earth (sitcom).
OUR FALL 2007 PREDICTION:
5:00PM Various Repeats
6:00PM Various Repeats
7:00PM America's Next Top Model Encore
9:00PM Spellbound (NEW)
8:00PM Everybody Hates Chris
8:30PM Aliens in America (NEW)
9:30PM The Game
8:00PM Wild at Heart (NEW)
9:00PM One Tree Hill / Pussycat Dolls
8:00PM America's Next Top Model
9:00PM Gossip Girl (NEW)
9:00PM Reaper (NEW)
8:00PM WWE Smackdown!
Comments: This is another tough prediction. Veronica Mars is probably dead and One Tree Hill & Supernatural will return I think. Mondays I think The CW will stick with the comedies, but add another single camera sitcom to go with Chris...possibly Aliens in America or the Kyla Pratt sitcom Hell on Earth. Girlfriends will probably have to come back to go with The Game, as both are traditional sitcoms, and CW has none in development. Tuesdays with Gilmore Girls out of the mix they could go with the Gossip Girl or Wild at Heart, I choose the latter and maybe One Tree Hill can move from Wednesday to Tuesday. Wednesday will of course have Next Top Model followed by Gossip Girl maybe. Thursday I put Reaper out of Smallville with Supernatural moving to Sundays leading into new drama Spellbound. You can say goodbye to favorites 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, Reba, All of Us and Veronica Mars. And shows like Runaway. Reality hit Beauty and the Geek will probably be back for mid-season in between Top Model cycles. Pussycat Girls could start for the fall and delay One Tree Hill a bit.
Remember, next Thursday (May 17) is the actual date when we will find out The CW's plans for the 2006-07 season. So, come on back next Thursday and we will let you know the details and you can see how much we were right (or wrong). Stay tuned next week for all the final schedules released by all the networks! We will put them up as soon as they are released by the networks, so this will be your home to see them first!
TV Land announced its July highlights today. The summer marathons (we announced last week) which will air 10pm-4:30am starting June 4, will continue in July through July 22. Starting July 23 the regular scheduled shows from 10p-4:30a will return. The other July highlights include The Jeffersons Go to Hawaii 4-part episode airing on the 4th of July to-be-continued-free from 8-10pm. Friday movies include the premieres of The Negotiator, Dragnet, and the Elvis movie Speedway.
TV Land Confidential returns for a second season starting July 11 airing Wednesdays a 10! Just when you thought you heard it all. TV Land Confidential brings you the stories behind your favorite TV shows from the people who were there: the stars, producers, network executives and others in the know. Sure, you’ve seen the shows. You know all the characters. You know all the storylines, but here are the stories you haven’t heard. TV Land Confidential reveals all the behind-the-scenes secrets! Some of the topics that will be covered this season include: How did What's Happening!! get a second chance at life and why didn't Larry Hagman appear in the Jeannie reunion movies? And how did Balki come up with that crazy accent on Perfect Strangers?
And for you What's Happening Now!! fans, as of now no new episodes are scheduled for July. We will get the entire first season in June on TV Land. Let's hope we get more new episodes soon after.
ION Television has announced its June schedule. There are no changes to the regular line-up. Remember when we said they will air the series Calvin Ayre Wild Card Poker the week of May 28 at 10pm? It is now confirmed that it is only a week-long series. The finale will air Saturday, June 2 from 8-11pm. Diagnosis Murder will return to the weekday line-up after a week off on June 4 in its regular 9pm slot, shifting The Wonder Years back to its 10pm slot after a week at 9pm.
ION weekend movies include Superman: The Movie and The Principal. Joining ION on June 29 every Friday through Sunday from 7-11PM will be programming from the RHI Entertainment library. Classic TV movies, mini-series and new original movies will be airing. The TV movies for this month include Broken Vows and Lonesome Dove.
You will want to come back next month when we announce the ION July line-up. There is expected to be changes to the line-up with some new additions, including possibly fan favorite Perfect Strangers! Don't be ridiculous! Great stuff! We will have more on July when announced, and of course more RHI programming will air with even original new movies.
But for now click HERE for the June highlights!
Finally, To celebrate Mother's Day - Princess Cruises is reuniting television's favorite mothers and daughters to christen its newest cruise ship, Emerald Princess: Florence Henderson & Susan Olsen of The Brady Bunch and Marion Ross & Erin Moran of Happy Days! The TV icons will crack the bottle of champagne to christen the ship in Athens, Greece -- the birthplace of Mother's Day -- on May 13. Gavin McLeod, former "Captain Stubing" of The Love Boat, will officiate.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anything Can Happen Recurrence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Sheldon tries to be spontaneous, it leads to unexpected friction between Penny, Amy and Bernadette. Meanwhile, Raj seeks Howard’s help in preparing for a date with Emily.
The Millers - "Tomlandia" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Nathan pitches a children’s show to his boss, Ed Dolan, based on Tom’s imaginary comic book, Tom has an adverse reaction to the tweaks made to his cherished world. Jeffrey Tambor returns as Ed Dolan, Nathan’s boss.
Two and a Half Men - "Lotta Delis in Little Armenia" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alan stumbles upon an opportunity to make money. Meanwhile, Walden has to address his co-dependency issues.
Bad Teacher - "Pilot" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Former trophy wife Meredith Davis seeks a return to a life of leisure and luxury by posing as a teacher at an upscale elementary school to meet the students’ rich, single fathers and land one to marry. However, her plan hits a major snag and she faces exposure when her unconventional – and mostly unsuitable – teaching methods raise the suspicions of a fellow faculty member. Read our review.
Surviving Jack - "Something to Talk About" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During an evening of inopportune timing, Frankie introduces his new girlfriend, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), to Joanne, who has just gotten her tubes tied and is still on pain medication. Instead of taking care of Joanne post-surgery, Jack has his hands full policing Frankie and Rachel. Meanwhile, George and Mikey try to retrieve a porn video they disguised in a "Casablanca" VHS case that has been placed into the wrong hands at the Dunlevy house.
Parks and Recreation - "Moving Up" (NBC, 8:00-9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler), Ben (Adam Scott), and Andy (Chris Pratt) head to San Francisco for a National Parks Conference. Tom (Aziz Ansari) opens his restaurant, Ron (Nick Offerman) has another run-in with his ex-wife Tammy 2 (Special Guest Megan Mullally), Andy lives a rock and roll fantasy, and Leslie makes a huge decision about her future.
Saint George - "Hot Blooded" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alma sets George up on a date with a Latina doctor, and George discovers the woman is crazy.
Anger Management - "Charlie Spends the Night with Lacey" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie spends the night with Lacey to keep her from killing her ex-boyfriend.
Sirens - "There's No "I" in Ice Cream" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The crew remembers a day that followed the full spectrum of excitement; Johnny tries to find out who ate the last doughnut.
- "Distant Mom" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids return from a vacation to Mozambique with their mom, Kim, only to learn the trip was actually a job interview at the embassy. They soon find out they are moving to Africa and away from Stephanie and Charlie. Guest Star: Holly Robinson Peete.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Run Into Marcus' Nephew" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emily takes Amy's car to a party with Marcus' nephew after she was forbidden from driving at night, and must race back to beat David home. Joe wants more responsibility so asks to babysit Janie. Guest Star: Larramie "Doc" Shaw.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "Roll Pounce" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The annual skate off has a surprise entry.
Thursday, April 24
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Catch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Jim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary guest co-hosts Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Tune in to see Brandy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- The Cast of Bad Teacher - Sara Gilbert, Ari Graynor, David Alan Grier and Ryan Hansen are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron-Bure (Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from her show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max shares his passion for teaching kids the love of reading and the value of giving back on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William chats and performs on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Timothy Simons (Veep) - Timothy will be on HuffPost Live.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show and Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Jamie, Sally and the rest of the cast The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.