Friday, May 04, 2007
As for Nick at Nite, yes more changes to the schedule! Now they have decided they will not encore AFV three-hours later. So, that means Sun-Thurs 12am and Fri-Sat 1am is no more. Cosby Show has been reinstated to Sun-Thurs 12am and now the nightly marathons will be from 1-5am, which means Growing Pains is totally gone! Let's hope ION bring it back soon! Another change is Roseanne and Fresh Prince switching hours. This all takes in effect on Monday (May 7). Click here to view these changes and to discuss this.
AmericanLife TV Network, the only independent network devoted to the Baby Boomer generation, celebrates spring with a line-up of star-studded programming, including Jodi Foster on Kung Fu, John Travolta on Welcome Back, Kotter and Don Rickles on I Spy. It's going to be a star studded May! Highlights for the month of May include:
Special Kung Fu episodes:
Thursday, May 3
* Kung Fu (8-9 p.m. ET/PT): an 11-year-old Jodi Foster plays the title role of “Althea” in this tale of human integrity and healing.
Thursday. May 31
* Kung Fu (8-9 p.m. ET/PT): Barney Miller and Sanford & Son regular Gregory Sierra guests with Moses Gunn.
Special 77 Sunset Strip episodes:
Monday, May 7
* 77 Sunset Strip (9-10 p.m. ET/PT): Silent screen star Doris Kenyon made her last dramatic appearance playing an aging silent screen star, in this first-season episode, “All Our Yesterdays.” The show, also featuring fellow silent star Francis X. Bushman, captured a 1959 Directors Guild of America Award for Richard L. Bare, who later directed 168 consecutive episodes of Green Acres.
Monday, May 28
* 77 Sunset Strip (9-10 p.m. ET/PT): George Tobias, best known for playing neighbor Abner Kravitz on Bewitched, guests on tonight’s episode.
Comedies dominate Saturday and Sunday evenings on AmericanLife TV Network, featuring such classic sitcoms as The Color Honeymooners (Saturday 8 p.m. ET/PT), Welcome Back, Kotter (Saturday 10:30 p.m. ET/PT) and Mayberry RFD (Sunday 8:30 p.m. ET/PT).
Saturday, May 12
* The Color Honeymooners (8 p.m. ET): In a wacky episode, Ralph Kramden, played by Jackie Gleason, meets Art Carney (playing himself), while Ed Norton, played by Art Carney, meets Jackie Gleason (playing himself).
* Welcome Back, Kotter (Saturday 10:30 p.m. ET/PT): John Travolta returned for the fourth and final two-part season premiere, playing his recurring role of Vinnie Barbarino. Part two airs on Saturday, May 19.
Sunday, May 20
* Mayberry RFD (8:30-9 p.m. ET/PT): See how Goober (George Lindsey) and other Mayberry folk deal with “Sensitivity Training” as an encounter group visits the Andy Griffith Show spinoff.
Saturday, May 26
* Our Gang Comedies (5-5:30 p.m. ET): In one of today’s two shorts, “Aladdin’s Lantern,” Buckwheat and Porky provide an off-key rendition of the song “Strolling Through the Park One Day.”
Sunday, May 27
* The Courtship of Eddie’s Father (8-8:30 p.m. ET/PT): Guest is Vic Tayback, later to achieve cult status as diner owner Mel on the Alice sitcom.
Secret Agents lurk Wednesdays on AmericanLife TV, with such series as I Spy (8-9 p.m. ET/PT) and The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. (9-10 p.m. ET/PT).
I Spy (8-9 p.m. ET/PT):
* May 9: More than a decade before Fantasy Island, Ricardo Montalban guest stars in this episode.
* May 16: Talk about typecasting! Don Rickles plays an obnoxious American comic on a “Night Train to Madrid .”
* May 23: Wally Cox (Mr. Peepers, The Hollywood Squares, Underdog) guests as a government file clerk wooed by a beautiful secret agent in “Casanova from Canarsie.”
* May 30: In his second acting role, former football star Jim Brown guests on “Cops and Robbers.”
The Girl from U.N.C.L.E. (10-11 p.m. ET/PT):
* May 16: Pernell Roberts, in his first role after leaving Bonanza, guests in “The Little John Doe Affair.”
* May 30: Future sitcom icon Tom Bosley (Happy Days) and former movie star Raymond Massey appear together in “The Faustus Affair.”
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, July 31
The Big Bang Theory - "The Hesitation Ramification" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Penny’s big acting break on NCIS is a bust, Leonard struggles to help her, which results in Penny asking Leonard a bold relationship question. Meanwhile, Sheldon tries to learn how to be funny and Raj tries to work on his “game” before talking to girls.
The Millers - "Walk-n-Wave" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Worried that his mother has made him feel like he’s better than other people, Nathan befriends a hopeless co-worker, Doug, who turns out to be a social outcast and more than Nathan knows how to handle. Meanwhile, Tom and Adam argue about who’s smarter and take an online test to find out. Andy Richter guest stars as Doug, Nathan’s co-worker. Roseanne Barr guest stars as Darla, Doug’s mother.
Welcome to Sweden - "Get a Job/Farthinder" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Feeling uncomfortable that he is being supported by Emma (Josephine Bornebusch), and hearing about it from from Emma’s mom Viveka (Lena Olin), Bruce (Greg Poehler) looks for work in Sweden and lands a job that doesn’t quite match with his skill set. Meanwhile, he starts to feel left out when Emma begins to make plans without him. Elsewhere, Hassan (guest star Basim Sabah Albasim) helps teach Bruce to drive, while one of Bruce’s former clients, Gene Simmons (guest starring as himself), tracks him down in an effort to clear problems he is having with the IRS.
Working the Engels - "Picture Night" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jenna (Kacey Rohl) is approached by a former client from her old firm, billionaire software genius Sam Taylor (guest star Jacob Tierney), to handle a merger on his behalf. However, it’s the worst time for such a high profile client as Ceil (Andrea Martin), has infected all the office computers with a virus. In addition, Jenna must also help Jimmy (Benjamin Arthur) calm down Sandy (Azura Skye), who has just been served divorce papers.
Married - "The Getaway" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Russ and Lina go on a romantic getaway. Jess gets in trouble for sexting her neighbor.
You're the Worst - "Keys Open Doors" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Gretchen inadvertently asks Jimmy for a key to his house.
Love That Girl - "Gullible Is as Gullible Does (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
After being taken advantage of several times Jasmine attends Suckers Anonymous, a support group for the gullible. Meanwhile, when the bullying at school gets to be too much, Cordell gets a gun to take care of the bully himself. Delroy has to convince Cordell that violence is not the right answer.
Thursday, July 31
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Carl (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey is a guest on Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. He will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Martin Lawrence (Partners/Martin) - Martin talks about his new FX series Partners on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- David Alan Grier (Bad Teacher/Less Than Perfect/DAG) - David appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben Kate) - The stars of FX's Married are guests on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.