Sunday, April 08, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of March 26-April 1)
- The War at Home (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.39 million for a repeat and just 3.65 million for a new episode...but up slightly from previous week (both the repeat and new one).
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 6.63 million, almost more than last week's 6.97 million, which was a new episode.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - 6.39 million for a new episode, up from last week's 6.08 million.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 6.75 million for an encore.
- American Dad (Fox) - 5.94 million for a new episode, down from last week because the lead-in was a repeat.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat did just 5.58 million, down from last week's repeat even.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm did 6.86 million, down big from usual repeat levels, but higher than the normal 8:30pm show repeats.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girfriends, The Game. Repeat of Chris started it off with 1.79 million, the highest of the block. All of Us did 1.68 million, Girlfriends did 1.63 million and The Game built on it and did 1.76 million. Repeats should be at least 2 million...
- George Lopez (ABC) - Tuesday repeat did 4.3 million, not great, but whatever.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Tuesday repeat did 4.18 million as ABC put it against Idol.
- George Lopez (ABC) - 2 all-new episodes did decent, 5.99 and 6.53 million...guest stars galore!
- According to Jim (ABC) - New episode did just 5.43 million (though up from last week), but not that bad head to head with Idol.
- In Case of Emergency (ABC) - 4.81 million, slightly up from last week....just 2 more to go.
- 'Til Death (Fox) - 13.95 million from Idol's 26.1 million...is nothing to write home about, but at least it is consistent the last few weeks, but both went down a bit.
- The Office (NBC) - A super-sized episode was down from normal numbers, just a prelim 4.3 rating and a 3.1 18-49 prelim rating. I think it needs Earl...8pm is too early for this show.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - It came back with a super-sized episode, but still not going well in the ratings, fell off from the lead-in to its normal numbers.
- Scrubs (NBC) - Moved to 9:30 starting tonight and did a bit worse than usual, just a prelim 3.3 rating and a prelim 2.4 18-49 number.
- Andy Barker, P.I. (NBC) - The last airing probably on Thursday ever, as the show did just a 2.6 prelim rating and a terrible 1.8 18-49 prelim rating. Word is the final airing will be next Saturday instead of Thursday.
- My Name is Earl. (NBC) - A special repeat at a special time of 10:30pm held all of Barker's numbers.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 2 repeats did 2.9 and 3.0 prelim ratings.
Airing tonight (Sunday) are Fox comedies.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men, 'Til Death, and George Lopez 8:30 were impressive for the week (pathetic week). Everything else was OK (such as According to Jim, The Office) or just plain old terrible (such as Scrubs and Andy Barker, P.I.).
Mike & Molly - "First Christmas" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike has no idea what to buy Molly for their first Christmas together.
Mike & Molly - "Karaoke Christmas" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Even while portraying Santa, Mike cannot contain his frustrations over Molly’s Christmas spending and warns unsuspecting children about the dangers of maxing out credit cards to buy toys. Later, while Molly’s family enjoys holiday festivities at home – complete with Christmas carols on Victoria’s new karaoke machine – Mike and Molly get roped into spending Christmas Eve at church with Mike’s mother and boss. Gerald McRaney guest stars as Police Captain Patrick Murphy, Mike’s boss.
The Thundermans - "Weekend Guest" (8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe volunteers to take the class Venus Fly Trap home for the weekend, but when Max performs an experiment on it, the plant keeps growing until it threatens to take over the whole house.
The Thundermans - "You Stole My Thunder, Man" (8:30PM ET/PT)
When Max wins the school election that Phoebe had been working hard for, Phoebe plots revenge.
Monday, December 9
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Watch Queen Latifah on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi is a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louie Anderson (Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Faith Ford (Hope & Faith/Murphy Brown) - Faith visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Constance Marie (George Lopez) - Constance talks about her role on the ABC Family hit Switched at Birth on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Kim Richards (Hello, Larry) - Kim chats on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Elise Neal (The Hughleys) - Elise is part of the guest panel on Bethenny, so check your local listings.
- Katey Sagal (8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Tune in to see Katey on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Donald Faison (The Exes/Scrubs) - Donald is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings. He will also be on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom discusses his role in Saving Mr. Banks on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.