Sunday, April 08, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of March 26-April 1)
- The War at Home (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.39 million for a repeat and just 3.65 million for a new episode...but up slightly from previous week (both the repeat and new one).
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 6.63 million, almost more than last week's 6.97 million, which was a new episode.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - 6.39 million for a new episode, up from last week's 6.08 million.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 6.75 million for an encore.
- American Dad (Fox) - 5.94 million for a new episode, down from last week because the lead-in was a repeat.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat did just 5.58 million, down from last week's repeat even.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm did 6.86 million, down big from usual repeat levels, but higher than the normal 8:30pm show repeats.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girfriends, The Game. Repeat of Chris started it off with 1.79 million, the highest of the block. All of Us did 1.68 million, Girlfriends did 1.63 million and The Game built on it and did 1.76 million. Repeats should be at least 2 million...
- George Lopez (ABC) - Tuesday repeat did 4.3 million, not great, but whatever.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Tuesday repeat did 4.18 million as ABC put it against Idol.
- George Lopez (ABC) - 2 all-new episodes did decent, 5.99 and 6.53 million...guest stars galore!
- According to Jim (ABC) - New episode did just 5.43 million (though up from last week), but not that bad head to head with Idol.
- In Case of Emergency (ABC) - 4.81 million, slightly up from last week....just 2 more to go.
- 'Til Death (Fox) - 13.95 million from Idol's 26.1 million...is nothing to write home about, but at least it is consistent the last few weeks, but both went down a bit.
- The Office (NBC) - A super-sized episode was down from normal numbers, just a prelim 4.3 rating and a 3.1 18-49 prelim rating. I think it needs Earl...8pm is too early for this show.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - It came back with a super-sized episode, but still not going well in the ratings, fell off from the lead-in to its normal numbers.
- Scrubs (NBC) - Moved to 9:30 starting tonight and did a bit worse than usual, just a prelim 3.3 rating and a prelim 2.4 18-49 number.
- Andy Barker, P.I. (NBC) - The last airing probably on Thursday ever, as the show did just a 2.6 prelim rating and a terrible 1.8 18-49 prelim rating. Word is the final airing will be next Saturday instead of Thursday.
- My Name is Earl. (NBC) - A special repeat at a special time of 10:30pm held all of Barker's numbers.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 2 repeats did 2.9 and 3.0 prelim ratings.
Airing tonight (Sunday) are Fox comedies.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men, 'Til Death, and George Lopez 8:30 were impressive for the week (pathetic week). Everything else was OK (such as According to Jim, The Office) or just plain old terrible (such as Scrubs and Andy Barker, P.I.).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 26
The Goldbergs - "Fonzie Scheme" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Murray is honored as one of Jenkintown’s top businessmen, his plaque is hung on a wall with all of the other honorees. And soon Beverly is dismayed to learn he has no discernable hobbies, and her attempts to help him find some backfire. Meanwhile, Barry creates a scheme stealing golf carts, but the situation goes awry and Erica comes to save the day.
Speechless - "R-U-N-- RUNAWAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya learns JJ attempted to run away, she is determined to help him complete the task as any able-bodied person could, but her actions exasperate JJ, as he longs for independence. Meanwhile, Jimmy struggles to have hard talks with the kids without Maya, and Dylan tries to get Kenneth to revive his glory days as a high school sports star.
black-ish - "Sister, Sister" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bow’s sister comes to town after filming a stint on a reality show, and they couldn’t have less in common. Meanwhile, Zoey suggests that Dre spend more time with Junior since she’s leaving for college, and Jack and Diane decide to rebrand themselves.
black-ish - "All Groan Up" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Zoey gets into several colleges around the country, Dre and Bow begin to feel worried and sentimental. They reflect back on memories they’ve had with the family and wonder what life will be like without her around all the time. Pops enlists the twins to try and sway Zoey to go to college in a city they want to visit.
Nobodies - "Not the Emmys" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Award season! Larry, Rachel and Hugh are going to the Annies… while all their Groundlings friends are going to the Emmys.
Lopez - "No Country Club for Young Men" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
George gets Hector a job at his country club, but he falls in with a bad crowd of rich kids. Olly's little sister rolls back into town while Manolo struggles to stay focused in his GED class.
Hollywood Darlings - "Driving Miss Jodie" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jodie must choose between a sports car and a minivan; Christine's dream of participating in an exclusive yoga class is thwarted by a loud-breathing celebrity classmate.
Return of the Mac - "The Wrong Stuff" (Pop, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Feeling threatened by newly appointed sidekick Joey Fatone, Joe heads to a comedy club to hone his comedy monologue skills.
Wednesday, April 26
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Henry Zebrowski (A to Z) - Henry is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Molly Ringwald (Townies/The Facts of Life) - Molly stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Trial & Error/Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about the disease she won’t let destroy her on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your loclal listings.
- Felicity Huffman (Sports Night) - Felicity makes pecan bars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.