Sunday, April 08, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of March 26-April 1)
- The War at Home (Fox) 2 episodes - 3.39 million for a repeat and just 3.65 million for a new episode...but up slightly from previous week (both the repeat and new one).
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 6.63 million, almost more than last week's 6.97 million, which was a new episode.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - 6.39 million for a new episode, up from last week's 6.08 million.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 6.75 million for an encore.
- American Dad (Fox) - 5.94 million for a new episode, down from last week because the lead-in was a repeat.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - A repeat did just 5.58 million, down from last week's repeat even.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - A repeat at a special time of 8:30pm did 6.86 million, down big from usual repeat levels, but higher than the normal 8:30pm show repeats.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girfriends, The Game. Repeat of Chris started it off with 1.79 million, the highest of the block. All of Us did 1.68 million, Girlfriends did 1.63 million and The Game built on it and did 1.76 million. Repeats should be at least 2 million...
- George Lopez (ABC) - Tuesday repeat did 4.3 million, not great, but whatever.
- According to Jim (ABC) - Tuesday repeat did 4.18 million as ABC put it against Idol.
- George Lopez (ABC) - 2 all-new episodes did decent, 5.99 and 6.53 million...guest stars galore!
- According to Jim (ABC) - New episode did just 5.43 million (though up from last week), but not that bad head to head with Idol.
- In Case of Emergency (ABC) - 4.81 million, slightly up from last week....just 2 more to go.
- 'Til Death (Fox) - 13.95 million from Idol's 26.1 million...is nothing to write home about, but at least it is consistent the last few weeks, but both went down a bit.
- The Office (NBC) - A super-sized episode was down from normal numbers, just a prelim 4.3 rating and a 3.1 18-49 prelim rating. I think it needs Earl...8pm is too early for this show.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - It came back with a super-sized episode, but still not going well in the ratings, fell off from the lead-in to its normal numbers.
- Scrubs (NBC) - Moved to 9:30 starting tonight and did a bit worse than usual, just a prelim 3.3 rating and a prelim 2.4 18-49 number.
- Andy Barker, P.I. (NBC) - The last airing probably on Thursday ever, as the show did just a 2.6 prelim rating and a terrible 1.8 18-49 prelim rating. Word is the final airing will be next Saturday instead of Thursday.
- My Name is Earl. (NBC) - A special repeat at a special time of 10:30pm held all of Barker's numbers.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 2 repeats did 2.9 and 3.0 prelim ratings.
Airing tonight (Sunday) are Fox comedies.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men, 'Til Death, and George Lopez 8:30 were impressive for the week (pathetic week). Everything else was OK (such as According to Jim, The Office) or just plain old terrible (such as Scrubs and Andy Barker, P.I.).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 29
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anxiety Optimization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In the hopes of achieving a scientific breakthrough, Sheldon invites his friends to challenge him. Also, Wolowitz invents an embarrassing game about Raj.
Mom - "Kitty Litter and a Class Felony" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Christy does damage control when Bonnie acts out after the death of a loved one. Beverly D’Angelo Returns as Lorraine.
Two and a Half Men - "A Beer-Battered Rip-Off" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Alan breaks up with their social worker to get back together with Lyndsey, Walden worries it will affect Louis’ adoption.
The McCarthys - "The Ref" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Ronny dates Doug, a handsome ref who has a history of infuriating Arthur, Ronny invites him over for dinner to convince them he is a nice guy. Meanwhile, Katrina is worried Gerard is cheating on her when he begins acting suspicious.
Thursday, January 29
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Catch Mayim on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Watch Alison on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He also discusses his new film We'll Never Have Paris on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Megan Park (The Neighbors) - Megan discusses her starring role in the upcoming Hallmark Channel original movie A Wish Come True on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Robert Carradine (Lizzie McGuire) and Curtis Armstrong (Dan Vs.) - Robert and Curtis talk about what to expect in the new season of King of the Nerds on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario and his wife Courtney are guests on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Josh Molina (Sports Night) - Josh is a guest on SI Now.