Friday, April 06, 2007
Anchor Bay Works on Fans Favorites DVD for 'Company', Lifetime Real Women Drops Two Favorites in June
Fans hoping to have complete series sets for both spin-offs The Ropers & Three's a Crowd, must persuade Anchor Bay or any other studio to pick up the rights. DLT Entertainment, the owner of the series, is trying very hard to put it on DVD, but so far no company is showing interest. Please show your case to Anchor Bay and other studios and also thank DLT for trying and keep telling them to keep trying. E-mail them: Anchor Bay: TVonDVD@anchorbayent.com and DLT: email@example.com
Besides Anchor Bay, I think studios like Shout! or S'more would be interested. E-mail them: Shout: firstname.lastname@example.org and S'more: email@example.com
It's not really that much work. Believe me, you will make a difference.
Lifetime Real Women (one of Lifetime's spin-off channels) currently airs a Laverne & Shirley block everyday from 3-5pm. Well, starting June 4 that is not happening anymore. So, if you haven't started taping the episodes, do it now as you still have two months before this change happens. The sitcom will be replaced by Strong Medicine, Missing and The Division from 3-5pm. Any Day Now will move from 6pm to 2pm, as Wild Card takes the 6pm slot. Providence fans don't have to worry as the show will remain at 7pm, but 10pm will be replaced by Angela's Eyes. And besides Laverne & Shirley, another show will be dumped. Unsolved Mysteries, which is airing weekdays at 11pm will be replaced by another Strong Medicine. The Friday and Saturday 4-6am block of Unsolved Mysteries will be replaced by Intimate Portrait. Start taping the next two months!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 30
American Dad - "Mine Struggle" (TBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan discovers a salt mine in the backyard, but Steve turns out to be the rightful owner of the land, and faces pressure from the family to sell.
The Detour - "The Track" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Nate's plan to get his job back unravels once they arrive; a nearby race track offers hope.
The Detour - "The Beach" (TBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
The Parkers try to take down Nate's company through whistle blowing.
Monday, May 30
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Watch Anthony on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Catherine are guests on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a musical guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover/Shake It Up) - Zendaya appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael races against the clock in a celebrity guessing game on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.