Tuesday, April 03, 2007
ABC Changes 'Underbelly' Regular Slot Again, Pulls 'Degrees'; Fox Halts 'Wedding'; CBS Salutes Bob Barker in Primetime
October Road was slated to only air four episodes this season, but since it has done very well, ABC will air the last two episodes of its season order April 19 and April 26 following all-new episodes of Grey's Anatomy! No idea yet what will air after Grey's on May 10 and 17, but May 3 will be the backdoor spin-off pilot for Grey's Anatomy starring Kate Walsh, Taye Diggs, and Tim Daly.
Finally, ABC is pulling Six Degrees from the Friday line-up effective this Friday after a series low last week. The show has just aired two episodes since returning from hiatus. The show heated up in the episode this past Friday, but unfortunately the temperature didn't rise in 'degrees' in the ratings. No word yet if and when the remaining episodes will air or if it will air on abc.com. Repeats of Wife Swap will temporary air at 9 on Fridays. And no word yet if Men in Trees will return. All bets are that the remaining five episodes for Trees will be held over until next season.
David E. Kelly Drama The Wedding Bells is halting production after just seven episodes produced. Which means the show will at most air for another three weeks. The show has been going down in the ratings each Friday at 9 for Fox. The last episode will air (if it actually airs) April 20 (the last Friday before May sweeps starts).
Emmy Award winner Bob Barker will be honored with two final primetime specials this May on CBS, paying tribute to his 50 years in show business and his upcoming retirement after 35 years of hosting The Price Is Right, the longest-running game show in television history. The specials will be broadcast Wednesday, May 16 and Thursday, May 17 from 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT on CBS.
On Wednesday, May 16, CBS will present The Price is Right Million Dollar Spectacular, Barker's final appearance in prime time hosting the show he has led since 1972. In this special primetime edition, contestants will have the opportunity to win bigger prizes and the chance to spin the wheel for $1 million.
On Thursday, May 17, Bob Barker: A Celebration of 50 Years on Television will include Barker's reminiscences about his 50 year career on television and his 35 years on The Price Is Right, in addition to highlighting some classic games from the long-running show.
CBS will air 15-second viewer tributes to retiring host Bob Barker. Viewer tributes will air during the Bob Barker: A Celebration of 50 Years on Television" special.
The user-generated video tributes are a continuation of CBS Interactive's "15 Seconds" campaign, where viewers post their 15-second messages on YouTube, and CBS Interactive then chooses the best viewer-videos to be broadcast on the Network.
Viewers can submit their 15-second taped message now on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/group/15seconds. The videos need to be a 15-second tribute to Bob Barker. Every two weeks, CBS Interactive will select five videos from the "15 Seconds on CBS" YouTube Group and post them on CBS.com. From those "favorites," CBS Interactive will select the videos for broadcast. Viewers submitting videos must be 16 years of age or older and must abide by YouTube's Community Guidelines at http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines. No profanity or nudity will be accepted. Rules and details regarding CBS Interactive's "15 Seconds" community campaign can be found on CBS.com at http://www.cbs.com/originals/15_seconds.
Bob Barker's last The Price is Right regular episode will air in June only on CBS daytime!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October)
10/06 - Bewitched - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Grace Under Fire - The Complete Collection
10/06 - Happyish - Season One
10/06 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/06 - Party Down - The Complete Series
10/06 - South Park - The Complete Eighteenth Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - C.P.O. Sharkey - Mr. Warmth: The Ultimate Don Rickles TV Collection
10/20 - The Facts of Life - Season Seven
10/20- King of the Hill - The Complete 13th Season (Blu-ray)
10/20 - My Favorite Martian - The Complete Series
10/20 - Nurse Jackie - Season Seven ((Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, October 13
The Muppets - "Pig Out" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The gang has an epic night out when they run into Ed Helms at Rowlf’s Tavern and they all perform their favorite karaoke jams, but Kermit is not pleased when no one shows up to work the next day. Meanwhile, Fozzie has an unfortunate accident during the show.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Fall Ball" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
As Eddie’s first school dance approaches, Louis is determined to make the night as perfect as a John Hughes film. Meanwhile, Jessica spends the day with Grandma Huang in hopes of getting on her good side so she will invest in her new business venture.
Grandfathered - "Guys' Night" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Jimmy realizes that he doesn’t know much about Gerald, he decides to take him out for a night on the town. Meanwhile Annelise hires a new mixologist to spice things up at the restaurant.
The Grinder - "The Curious Disappearance of Mr. Donovan" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Convinced that the only explanation for Claire’s non-interest in him is that she’s a mole, Dean tells Stewart that Claire is sharing secrets with a rival firm. Although Stewart dismisses the accusation, Dean is set on proving his brother wrong. Meanwhile, Deb and Claire strike up a friendship, the gossipy nature of which propels Stewart to question whether Claire can be trusted after all.
Family Time - "Forbidden Fruits" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tony gets a new client, who happens to be a very attractive woman; Lisa and Tony are struggling to complete a ten-day all juice diet.
Tuesday, October 13
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Catch Michael on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about his new book on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sophia Bush (Partners) - Sophia appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Scott Weinger (Fuller House/Full House) - Scott and the cast of Aladdin reunite on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. They will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm and HuffPost Live at 2pm..
- Miles Brown (black-ish) - Miles appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Keshia Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show/Tyler Perry's House of Payne) - Keshia talks about Will to Love on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on HuffPost Live at 1pm.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe and Charlie Puth announce nominees in six categories for the 2015 American Music Awards on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick will be on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Steve visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.