Sunday, March 18, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of March. 5-11)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A new episode following NASCAR did 8.79 million...should be a bit better.
- The Winner (Fox) 2 episodes - 6.39 million at 8:30, not good...5.56 at 9:30, even worse. Can't hold the lead-in's numbers well.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 8.05 million...should be a bit better than that.
- Old Christine (CBS) 2 episodes - The show returns from a short hiatus with 2 all-new episodes in an earlier slot...didn't pay off at all. Just 7.59 and 8.34 million, below average for the hour that CBS usually does, which is also not that great.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 12.71 million for a repeat....how good is that?
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 11.47 million for a new episode...pretty good retention from lead-in...series low, though.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girfriends, The Game. A repeat episode of Chris started it off with 2.3 million, the highest of the block. The rest ranged 1.66 to 1.89 million. Consistent...
- George Lopez (ABC) - 6.19 million...about what it usually does lately.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - A repeat at 8:30 was OK with 5.79 million, but a new episode against Idol at 9 did just 5.69 million, down more than 2 million from last week when it didn't face Idol.
- In Case of Emergency (ABC) - 4.66 million...also down about 1.5 million from last week.
- Til Death (Fox) - Best ratings by far ever because it followed Idol. 14.07 million...still lost 1/2 of Idol's 9pm half hour numbers.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - 2 repeats, with new footage, did about the same as usual repeats do...4.3 and 4.2 HH rating.
- Scrubs (NBC) - New episode followed with a 4.1 HH rating, held most of its lead-in's numbers, but that was a repeat...
- Andy Barker, P.I. (NBC) - Just a 3.7 HH rating for the series premiere. Will it do worse next week?
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - 2 repeats on a Thursday did a 3.8 and 3.4 HH rating. The second episode tied Barker's premiere in 18-49 with a 2.4 rating...SAD!
Airing tonight (Sunday) are new and repeat episodes of Fox comedies.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men, 'Til Death, and Rules of Engagement were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as Old Christine, George Lopez) or just plain old terrible (such as Andy Barker, P.I. and In Case of Emergency).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 31
Last Man Standing - "Mike Advises Mandy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike offers Mandy advice on how to set aside money to pay the taxes on her struggling online clothing business. But she decides to do it her way – by opening up a pop up store at Bud’s Buds.
Cristela - "Hall-Oates-Ween" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's Halloween and Cristela is eager to show Trent her “party-whispering” skills to make this year's party a success. After failing to convince Josh, Cristela gets Maddie to join her in dressing up as Hall & Oates. Meanwhile at home, Natalia’s dislike for Halloween has her celebrating the Day of the Dead instead and, ironically, her stories of deceased relatives makes her the most popular Halloween attraction in the neighborhood.
Friday, October 31
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Watch Andy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Catch Ted on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- J.K. Simmons (Growing Up Fisher) - J.K. appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Leah Remini (The Exes/The Family Tools/The King of Queens) - Leah appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy tells how to look younger on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Tune in to see if Jim and Rach can survive New York's scariest house on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.