Sunday, March 18, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of March. 5-11)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A new episode following NASCAR did 8.79 million...should be a bit better.
- The Winner (Fox) 2 episodes - 6.39 million at 8:30, not good...5.56 at 9:30, even worse. Can't hold the lead-in's numbers well.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 8.05 million...should be a bit better than that.
- Old Christine (CBS) 2 episodes - The show returns from a short hiatus with 2 all-new episodes in an earlier slot...didn't pay off at all. Just 7.59 and 8.34 million, below average for the hour that CBS usually does, which is also not that great.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 12.71 million for a repeat....how good is that?
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 11.47 million for a new episode...pretty good retention from lead-in...series low, though.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girfriends, The Game. A repeat episode of Chris started it off with 2.3 million, the highest of the block. The rest ranged 1.66 to 1.89 million. Consistent...
- George Lopez (ABC) - 6.19 million...about what it usually does lately.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - A repeat at 8:30 was OK with 5.79 million, but a new episode against Idol at 9 did just 5.69 million, down more than 2 million from last week when it didn't face Idol.
- In Case of Emergency (ABC) - 4.66 million...also down about 1.5 million from last week.
- Til Death (Fox) - Best ratings by far ever because it followed Idol. 14.07 million...still lost 1/2 of Idol's 9pm half hour numbers.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - 2 repeats, with new footage, did about the same as usual repeats do...4.3 and 4.2 HH rating.
- Scrubs (NBC) - New episode followed with a 4.1 HH rating, held most of its lead-in's numbers, but that was a repeat...
- Andy Barker, P.I. (NBC) - Just a 3.7 HH rating for the series premiere. Will it do worse next week?
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - 2 repeats on a Thursday did a 3.8 and 3.4 HH rating. The second episode tied Barker's premiere in 18-49 with a 2.4 rating...SAD!
Airing tonight (Sunday) are new and repeat episodes of Fox comedies.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men, 'Til Death, and Rules of Engagement were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as Old Christine, George Lopez) or just plain old terrible (such as Andy Barker, P.I. and In Case of Emergency).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.