Sunday, March 18, 2007
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of March. 5-11)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A new episode following NASCAR did 8.79 million...should be a bit better.
- The Winner (Fox) 2 episodes - 6.39 million at 8:30, not good...5.56 at 9:30, even worse. Can't hold the lead-in's numbers well.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 8.05 million...should be a bit better than that.
- Old Christine (CBS) 2 episodes - The show returns from a short hiatus with 2 all-new episodes in an earlier slot...didn't pay off at all. Just 7.59 and 8.34 million, below average for the hour that CBS usually does, which is also not that great.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 12.71 million for a repeat....how good is that?
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 11.47 million for a new episode...pretty good retention from lead-in...series low, though.
- CW Monday Comedies: Chris, All of Us, Girfriends, The Game. A repeat episode of Chris started it off with 2.3 million, the highest of the block. The rest ranged 1.66 to 1.89 million. Consistent...
- George Lopez (ABC) - 6.19 million...about what it usually does lately.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - A repeat at 8:30 was OK with 5.79 million, but a new episode against Idol at 9 did just 5.69 million, down more than 2 million from last week when it didn't face Idol.
- In Case of Emergency (ABC) - 4.66 million...also down about 1.5 million from last week.
- Til Death (Fox) - Best ratings by far ever because it followed Idol. 14.07 million...still lost 1/2 of Idol's 9pm half hour numbers.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - 2 repeats, with new footage, did about the same as usual repeats do...4.3 and 4.2 HH rating.
- Scrubs (NBC) - New episode followed with a 4.1 HH rating, held most of its lead-in's numbers, but that was a repeat...
- Andy Barker, P.I. (NBC) - Just a 3.7 HH rating for the series premiere. Will it do worse next week?
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - 2 repeats on a Thursday did a 3.8 and 3.4 HH rating. The second episode tied Barker's premiere in 18-49 with a 2.4 rating...SAD!
Airing tonight (Sunday) are new and repeat episodes of Fox comedies.
Summing it up. Two and a Half Men, 'Til Death, and Rules of Engagement were impressive for the week. Everything else was OK (such as Old Christine, George Lopez) or just plain old terrible (such as Andy Barker, P.I. and In Case of Emergency).
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 22
Last Man Standing - "Hard-ass Teacher" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eve has decided she wants to go to college at West Point. In order to do so she needs to get straight A’s, which might be a problem considering her geometry teacher, Mr. Hardin, is called “Hard-ass” Hardin for a reason. In turn, Eve asks Mike and Vanessa for their approval to switch teachers to an easier class -- a move Vanessa approves of but one that Mike sees as just the easy way out.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Jessie - "Coffee Talk" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie scores two VIP wristbands to Emma and Zuri's dream concert and the girls compete for the extra spot; Bertram is obsessed with his new talking coffee maker.
Dog with a Blog - "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan's secret talent is revealed to the family's neighbor, Karl; he doesn't find out about the blog, the moon walking or the driving, though.
Friday, August 22
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Tune in to see Mary on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Tune in to see Mayim on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Learn how Cedric is killing his cholesterol on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.