Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Finally, on Memorial Day, take a roadtrip with TV Land, as classic TV shows go out on the road to start the summer off. See Sanford & Son go to Hawaii, Lucy in Hollywood, Andy also in Hollywood, and camping episodes.
For the complete May 2007 highlights, click HERE.
NBC will be messing around with the Thursday sitcom line-up, especially the 9pm hour, with 30 Rock moving to 9pm. To start this off, NBC announced it will return 30 Rock on Thursday, April 5, for a special night of super-sized comedies (times approximate): The Office (8-8:40 p.m. ET); 30 Rock (8:40-9:15 p.m. ET); Scrubs (9:15-9:50 p.m. ET); Andy Barker, P.I. (9:50-10:20); and an encore episode of My Name Is Earl (10:20-11 p.m. ET).
The following Thursday, April 12, 30 Rock takes over its new regular time period, Thursdays at 9:00 p.m. ET and original ER episodes will resume at 10-11 p.m. ET. Andy Barker, P.I. will air between those two. Andy Barker, P.I. will conclude its run in the Thursday 9:30 p.m. ET slot on April 12. Scrubs moves into that time period the following Thursday, April 19.
The episode of Scrubs previously announced for the 9:00 time period on April 12 has been re-scheduled as part of a special back-to-back Scrubs hour on Thursday, May 3. It is likely Scrubs will air for an hour the rest of May, too, as 30 Rock concludes its season on Thursday, April 26, at 9:00 p.m. ET.
Wow...was that confusing or what? I tried to make it as easy to read as I could.
Turner Broadcasting had their upfront today. Networks include TBS, TNT, TCM, CNN and Court TV. TBS will stream full episodes of Family Guy online. TBS and Cartoon Network run the show on TV but will now stream episodes online in a virtual "living room" designed to look like the cartoon's set. The site will offer social-networking capabilities so consumers can connect over episodes they watch. TBS will also stream full episodes and extras from its new originals
Among their announcements were original sitcoms for TBS. Jamie Foxx and former basketball star Kenny Smith, an analyst for TBS' sister network TNT, will executive-produce Big Shot, a half-hour scripted comedy about a teenager who lives with his parents although he's a rich NBA rookie. Adrienne Lopez and Marcus King are also executive-producing the series, currently in development.
Comic Larry Miller is executive-producing and starring in Uncommon Sense, a half-hour scripted comedy about a newspaper columnist in suburbia with a wife and two kids. The show, from Sony Pictures Television and currently in development, is co-written and executive-produced by Miller and Eileen Conn (Just Shoot Me).
Also in development is an untitled project written by Dave Caplan (The Drew Carey Show). The half-hour scripted comedy, from Sony and Original Films, is based on Caplan's childhood experience with a single mother raising him and two sisters while managing a business. The show will focus on a woman who keeps her sense of humor after her husband walks out on her, her kids and their lumberyard.
Some other shows TBS has in development include Bob Newhart: In Search of Comedy, a half-hour late-night anthology series hosted and executive-produced by the TV legend, and an untitled project from Jenny Hunter, an associate producer from The Daily Show.
And TBS also touted its new programming coming this summer: The Bill Engvall Show, a domestic comedy about a family therapist and his own family, and a second seasons of original sitcoms My Boys & 10 Items Or Less. Debuting this summer in late night is a new sketch comedy The Frank Show.
TNT has dramas in the works. They include: Mrs. America, the hour-long drama, from Warner Horizon Television, centers on a woman trying to balance home and career. Leverage, the hour-long drama, from Electric Entertainment, focuses on six modern-day heroes who act as Robin Hoods, sometimes going to illegal measures to do good for others. The Saint, a remake of the 1960s. And finally, A.D. (working title), a drama series being developed by Angelo Pizzo and David Anspaugh. Previously announced projects in development include The Talisman, a six-hour adaptation of the Stephen King-Peter/Straub novel from Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks TV, and an untitled legal drama from Steven Bochco.
Coming this summer: Two new series Saving Grace and Heartland; the six-hour limited series The Company; and the third-season return of The Closer.
Finally, Court TV is changing its name, look and logo. It will no longer be called Court TV as of Jan. 1, 2008, and will revamp its daytime trial coverage and add several new reality series for primetime. The 16-year-old channel's new name was not revealed as of yet, but it will focus on "real engagers." They will chop Nancy Grace's weekday show in half to make way for The Star Jones Reynolds Show. Grace's Closing Arguments, currently two hours, will be now one-hour and will run at 3PM followed by Star's show at 4PM. Trial coverage will move to the network's broadband Website during the afternoon, if you are looking for that.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 20
The Big Bang Theory - "The Expedition Approximation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Raj test whether they could survive a dark-matter research expedition in a salt mine by simulating the conditions in a steam tunnel. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny seek advice from Wolowitz and Bernadette after they fight about money.
The Millers - "Movin' Out (Carol's Song) (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Carol begins her search for a new apartment, causing Nathan and Debbie to race each other to find her a place that is the farthest away from each of them. During the course of her house-hunting, Carol meets and develops an instant bond with Kip Finkle, her new best friend. Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes joins the cast as Kip Finkle.
American Dad - "Blonde Ambition" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hayley decides she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde, while Steve and Stan search for a new home for the Smiths.
When her efforts to save the planet prove hopeless, Hayley decides that she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde. Meanwhile, Stan and Steve go on a mission to find a new home for the Smiths.
Monday, October 20
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also discusses her show True Tori on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can be heard on the Howard Stern Show on SiriusXM channel 100.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa appears NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- The Cast of The Wonder Years - Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano reunite on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains/Kirk) - Kirk talks about bringing faith and family back to the holidays in his new film Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim talks about his book (Food: A Lovey Story) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 12:30pm. He can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 channel 2 at at 9:45am.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan talks about 2 Broke Girls on Arise TV at 7pm on Centric.
- Katey Sagal (Marry Me/8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Katey appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Mike will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.