Thursday, March 15, 2007
ION Televison April Schedule Sees 'Alice', 'Wonder Years', etc Join; Nick at Nite Schedule Change Has More 'Full House'
Let's start with weekdays, the new schedule starts Monday, April 2 with Moral Court airing weekdays at 6PM replacing two episodes of rural sitcom Green Acres. At 7PM Amen returns followed by '70s sitcom Alice joining the ION line-up, replacing the Growing Pains hour. Alice hasn't been seen regularly on television in quite some time, so this is a wonderful addition. 8-10PM line-up of ratings hits Mama's Family and Diagnosis Murder will remain intact. Closing the ION line-up at 10PM will be back-to-back episodes of the popular sitcom The Wonder Years, which also joins the ION line-up, replacing Charlie's Angels. The Wonder Years has also not recently aired on television.
As for weekends, Saturdays will remain the same with two movies from 7-11PM. Sundays will see a makeover, with Battlestar Gallactica joining the line-up on Sunday, April 8 with a five-hour marathon from 6-11PM. The following week Battlestar Gallactica will settle into its Sundays at 6PM & 7PM time-slot followed by the ION Sunday Movie and ION Life. So, Sunday shows Bonanza, Kung Fu and Kojak are off the line-up.
Movies for the month include a special back-to-back Sunday movie feature on April 1 with Superman III and Superman II. Other regular weekend movies include Look Who's Talking Too and King Ralph.
For the COMPLETE highlights and details, click HERE. You may also discuss your opinions there.
Meanwhile, Growing Pains gets more bad news as now Nick at Nite will cut the early evening airings (Sun-Thurs 9:30pm and Fri-Sat 10:30pm) in favor of another episode of Full House starting Monday, March 19. Growing Pains will remain at 1:00am every night, for now, that is.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July)
07/07 - Archie Bunker's Place - Season One (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Barney Miller - The Final (Eighth) Season
07/07 - Married with Children - Season Eleven (Mill Creek)
07/07 - Married with Children - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
07/07 - The Michael J. Fox Show - The Complete First Season
07/07 - Playing House - Season 1
07/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
07/14 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Third Season
07/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites - Season 7
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, July 8
The Middle - "The Answer" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Heck family learns about Darrin’s marriage proposal to Sue…as well as her response. Meanwhile, Axl attempts to use his intro to Psych class to cure Brick of all of his quirks and tics.
The Goldbergs - "As You Wish" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Murray is excited when Adam tells him he wants to play a sport at school. That is until he finds out it’s fencing. After quitting his first match, Adam confesses his real intention — to recreate his favorite scene from “The Princess Bride” — and makes Murray furious. Meanwhile, Beverly is up to her matchmaking ways and sets up Barry’s wrestling coach with Erica’s voice teacher and it doesn’t go exactly as planned.
Modern Family - "Fight or Flight" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a long reunion weekend with Phil’s old cheer buddies, Claire jumps at the chance to snag the only first class seat left on the return flight home leaving Phil in coach and both have completely opposite experiences. Meanwhile, Gloria forces Jay to teach Manny how to defend himself against a bully in his cooking class, but when things backfire it seems that the real bully might be someone else. Mitch, Cameron, Pepper and the whole gang throw Sal a belated baby shower and they are all blown away by how motherhood has changed her, or has it really?
black-ish - "The Real World" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Bow reconnects with her college friends on Facebook, she invites them over for an elaborate dinner party and tries to impress them. But the night of the party, Dre ends up learning a lot of new information about Bow’s past. Meanwhile, the kids discover that one of Bow’s friend’s was on “The Real World,” so they decide to shoot their own reality show and document the party.
Melissa & Joey - "Melissa & Joey's Frozen" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mel and Joe are frozen during a ski trip accident, then get thawed out 100 years later.
Baby Daddy - "Parental Guidance Suggested" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben tries to decide who should receive custody of Emma in the event of his untimely demise.
The Game - "Get Up, Stand Up" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The Sabers walkout crisis; Kelly and Jason hold a town hall meeting to rally their supporters; Keira and Malik go out on a date.
Wednesday, July 8
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Nick on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Linney (The Big C) - Laura drops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle) - Bernadette is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami/Fired Up) - Mark chats on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Tune in to see Patricia on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Jack Black (The Brink) - Jack talks about Goosebumps on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) and Raini Rodriguez (Austin & Ally) - Rico and Raini stop by to talk about their latest projects on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Andy Buckley (Odd Mom Out/The Office) - Andy gives a look at his new series Odd Mom Out on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Breaking In) - Michael will be on Good Day LA on KTTV in Los Angeles sometime between 7-10am.