Wednesday, January 10, 2007
New programming coming up in March on Oxygen ranges from the deathly serious (Who Cares About Girls?) to the frivolous (a reality series about Tori Spelling and her new husband, Dean McDermott. Tori & Dean: Inn Love will follow the couple as they invest Spelling's inheritance from her late father, producer Aaron Spelling, by buying an eight-acre bed-and-breakfast in Temecula, Calif.
TV One said it is going into production on a new theatrical competition series, David E. Talbert's Blackstage, with playwright Talbert and Edmonds Entertainment. Eight contestants and two alternates will compete for the chance to be understudies in Talbert's latest play, a touring production of Love in the Nick of Tyme, which stars Morris Chestnut and R&B singer Avant.
Disney Channel announced updates for its various series such as Kim Possible and Handy Mandy. High School Musical fans can go online starting Friday to determine elements of High School Musical 2, which begins filming in Utah in the spring for an August premiere. At the Web site, they can answer 10 poll questions that will determine such elements as the type of dessert that Zeke bakes for Sharpay and the clever sayings on Chad's T-shirts.
Melissa Joan Hart and Mario Lopez have been tapped to star in the ABC Family original movie Holidays in Handcuffs. Production is underway and is scheduled to air in December 2007 as part of ABC Family's annual "25 Days of Christmas" programming event. ABC Family also touted its new series Lincoln Heights, which airs Mondays at 7 p.m.
And yesterday Hallmark Channel and FX were up late. We have updates on both. Hallmark mentioned it will be doing more romance films in February before converting to a scheduling scheme in March that will see each weeknight devoted to genres. The February lineup will include original fare such as Love Is a Four-Letter Word, starring Teri Polo and Robert Mailhouse as cynical divorce attorneys who find love with each other; and acquisitions such as Green Card with Gerard Depardieu and The In-Laws with Albert Brooks and Michael Douglas.
Originals scheduled later in the year include Sacrifices of the Heart, the Davis-penned drama, starring Melissa Gilbert and Ken Howard; Pandemic, depicting a jetliner bearing a toxic virus headed for Los Angeles; and Marco Polo with Ian Somerhalder.
As for FX, Glenn Close is coming back to the network to star in her own legal thriller. Denis Leary's Rescue Me and comedy series It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia will return this summer for fourth and third seasons, respectively on FX.
Up tomorrow: E! Networks (E!, style, G4), ESPN, Lifetime, Starz!, MTV Networks (MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, Spike, Nickelodeon/Nick@Nite, TV Land).
Tonight President Bush has scheduled a speech on sending more troops in Iraq at 9 p.m.--which effects the sitcom world in a way. In the east, central and mountain time zones, ABC's The Knights of Prosperity, In Case of Emergency and an abbreviated Primetime Medical Mysteries will air on a half-hour delay. Knights at 9:30 p.m. ET, Emergency at 10:00 p.m. ET and an abbreviated Medical at 10:30 p.m. ET. In the pacific time zone, you'll get the shows in their regular slots of 9-11 p.m. PT. So, don't miss Knights episode two...I've seen it and it is hilarious. Louis the intern will shine in this episode. And episode two of Emergency is funnier than the pilot. Tune in!
Elsewhere, NBC will join Deal or No Deal in progress at 9:30 p.m. ET, but it will be an encore broadcast now (in the pacific time zone, you'll see the full hour encore). CBS will air repeats of Criminal Minds and CSI: NY now instead of all-new episodes, both on a half-hour delay from 9:30-11:30 p.m ET (in the pacific time zone, you'll see the encores in the regular 9-11pm PT slots). And Fox will pre-empt an encore of Bones scheduled 9-10 p.m. ET for an encore of 'Til Death at 9:30 p.m. Not sure what the pacific time zone will air at 9 p.m. PT--I'd image another 'Til Death. See what the President has caused? Anyway go with the ABC comedies...they will be all-new!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/05 - Cheers - The Complete Series
05/12 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete Fourth Season
05/12 - The Hotwives of Orlando - The Complete First Season
05/12 - Mister Ed - The Final (Sixth) Season (Shout! Factory)
05/19 - American Dad - Volume 10
05/19 - C.P.O. Sharkey - The Complete Season 1
05/19 - The Larry Sanders Show - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Nine (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Season Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Married with Children - Seasons Nine and Ten (Mill Creek)
05/19 - NewsRadio - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
05/19 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete First Season
05/26 - Hello Ladies - Season 1
05/26 - The Nanny - The Complete Series
05/26 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Third Season
05/26 - The Wonder Years - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, May 23
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Third Degree Ba-Burn" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bella's jokes about her teammates at the Bulldog's annual roast cause a rift between Sawyer and Pepper. Newt tries to get in-between Sophie and a new boy.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Wanted: The Sugar Beet Gang" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While the Quads argue over how best to complete their class history assignment, they discover that they had some interesting ancestors who teach them a valuable lesson of their own.
Monday, May 25
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Watch Thomas on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Rainn is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Elisha Cuthbert (One Big Happy/Happy Endings) - Elisha appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Billy Crystal (The Comedians/Soap) - Billy is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Rhys Darby (How to Be a Gentleman/Flight of the Conchords) - Rhys appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) - Tune in to see Mila on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tia Mowry (The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia whips up a meal in the kitchen and talks about her new Cooking Channel show Tia Mowry at Home on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Rex Lee (Entourage) - Rex talks about the new film Entourage on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy is a guest on People Now.