Monday, January 29, 2007
Full Episodes of 'Jim', Unaired 'Daybreak' Episodes Added to ABC.com; 13th Annual SAG Awards Winners; 'Reba' to End Feb. 18
They have also re-added Daybreak with all the aired episodes, and also they will add an unaired episode each Monday for the next three weeks! The show is quite addicting and well written, so if you have not seen the show...you're in for a great ride! You can watch all the aired ones and then you can catch up to the unaired ones. I think they have added three or four unaired ones today, with more coming each Monday for the next three weeks. And if you didn't know, a few weeks back ABC.com added rookie drama Men in Trees to their player. They negotiated with Warner Bros., and the deal finally came through, but only the current week's episode is available, along with the series' pilot. So, if you miss the episode, you have a week to watch it.
Other series besides the new ones on the full player are: Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, What About Brian, Brothers & Sisters, The Knights of Prosperity, Six Degrees and Lost--all from Touchstone Television.
TNT and TBS aired the 13th Annual SAG Awards last night. Here are the television series winners:
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
Hugh Laurie, House - Dr. Gregory House FOX
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Chandra Wilson, Grey's Anatomy - Dr. Miranda Bailey ABC
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock - Jack Donaghy NBC
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
America Ferrera, Ugly Betty - Betty Suarez ABC
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
Grey's Anatomy, ABC
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
The Office, NBC
Some notes: Reba will end its run with two episodes, including the series finale, on Sunday Feb. 18 from 7-8 p.m. on The CW. CBS has canceled low rated reality series Armed & Famous after getting whacked by American Idol, repeats of CSI: Miami and Criminal Minds will take its slot (Wed at 8) until Jericho returns Feb. 14.
In syndication news, EXTRA has been renewed at least through the 2009-10 season, with 95% clearance. Meanwhile, The Greg Behrendt Show will not see a second season, and will likely be replaced by Steve Wilkos' show coming this fall.
And we remember classic TV writer Bob Carroll, Jr. He wrote on all of Lucille Ball's sitcoms: I Love Lucy, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, and Life with Lucy. He died Saturday and also wrote for classic sitcoms such as Alice, Mothers in Law, Paul Lynde Show, and the short lived sitcom Dorothy. Carroll, Jr. was 88.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.