Monday, January 29, 2007
Full Episodes of 'Jim', Unaired 'Daybreak' Episodes Added to ABC.com; 13th Annual SAG Awards Winners; 'Reba' to End Feb. 18
They have also re-added Daybreak with all the aired episodes, and also they will add an unaired episode each Monday for the next three weeks! The show is quite addicting and well written, so if you have not seen the show...you're in for a great ride! You can watch all the aired ones and then you can catch up to the unaired ones. I think they have added three or four unaired ones today, with more coming each Monday for the next three weeks. And if you didn't know, a few weeks back ABC.com added rookie drama Men in Trees to their player. They negotiated with Warner Bros., and the deal finally came through, but only the current week's episode is available, along with the series' pilot. So, if you miss the episode, you have a week to watch it.
Other series besides the new ones on the full player are: Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, What About Brian, Brothers & Sisters, The Knights of Prosperity, Six Degrees and Lost--all from Touchstone Television.
TNT and TBS aired the 13th Annual SAG Awards last night. Here are the television series winners:
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series
Hugh Laurie, House - Dr. Gregory House FOX
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series
Chandra Wilson, Grey's Anatomy - Dr. Miranda Bailey ABC
Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Comedy Series
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock - Jack Donaghy NBC
Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series
America Ferrera, Ugly Betty - Betty Suarez ABC
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
Grey's Anatomy, ABC
Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series
The Office, NBC
Some notes: Reba will end its run with two episodes, including the series finale, on Sunday Feb. 18 from 7-8 p.m. on The CW. CBS has canceled low rated reality series Armed & Famous after getting whacked by American Idol, repeats of CSI: Miami and Criminal Minds will take its slot (Wed at 8) until Jericho returns Feb. 14.
In syndication news, EXTRA has been renewed at least through the 2009-10 season, with 95% clearance. Meanwhile, The Greg Behrendt Show will not see a second season, and will likely be replaced by Steve Wilkos' show coming this fall.
And we remember classic TV writer Bob Carroll, Jr. He wrote on all of Lucille Ball's sitcoms: I Love Lucy, The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, Here's Lucy, and Life with Lucy. He died Saturday and also wrote for classic sitcoms such as Alice, Mothers in Law, Paul Lynde Show, and the short lived sitcom Dorothy. Carroll, Jr. was 88.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.