Tuesday, November 14, 2006
SitcomsOnline.com Interactive: What Show Do You Want To See on the i Netwok?; TV Land Boomer Survey; Network Notes
They have rights to various shows from Sony, Warner Bros. and Universal's library. Shows that are not on cable, are eligible. So, I have gone through probably lots of most requested shows from these three studios to put back on television, and have made a poll. If a show is not on this list and is from one of these three studios (or not on TV today), then please post and write your vote in! (Universal shows Gimme a Break! and Charles in Charge are not eligible because they are right now leased to the Program Exchange. Sorry!)
So, start voting in the poll by clicking HERE and also post and tell us what you think. You can choose up to 3 shows in the poll. But please vote! As of this writing, Alice, Perfect Strangers, Diff'rent Strokes, and The Facts of Life are in the lead, with The Wonder Years, and a few others close behind. This is Vote 2007!
Baby Boomers are frustrated that television and advertisers place too much emphasis on younger audiences and are missing the chance to connect with Boomers in their peak earning and spending years, according to the findings in TV Land's New Generation Gap Study.
The Boomers polled were asked about the best TV shows and ads of all time. Among Boomer Men, the top shows of all time are:
- Star Trek
- The Andy Griffith Show
- 24 tied with . . .
Among Boomer Women, the top shows of all time are:
- Law & Order
- I Love Lucy tied with . . .
To view the full survey, click here.
And finally some network notes. Second year drama What About Brian has been picked up for a full season. The show had a 13 episode order then was picked up for four more episodes, now ABC has announced that at least 22 episodes will be produced this season. The show, a contemporary, heartwarming ensemble drama that tells the stories of a group of close-knit friends in various stages of romantic relationships and friendships living in Los Angeles, airs Mondays at 10:00 p.m., ET on the ABC Television Network.
NBC has picked-up freshman drama Friday Night Lights for a full season, despite low ratings. This marks the second low rated drama picked-up by NBC (Studio 60 being the other). NBC's poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard.
After finding a cable buyer (Lifetime) for Grey's Anatomy over the summer, the distributor of the hit medical drama is now firming up sales for the off-network series in weekend broadcast syndication.
Buena Vista Television has secured several clearances for the show, including stations in 14 of the top 15 markets, for a fall 2009 launch.
The stations clearing the series include the ABC owned-and-operated stations WABC New York, KABC Los Angeles, WLS Chicago, WPVI Philadelphia, KGO San Francisco and KTRK Houston; Fox-owned WFXT Boston and WTTG Washington; Cox's ABC affiliate WSB Atlanta; and Scripps' ABC affiliate WXYZ Detroit. The three-year deals include double runs in specific time periods. They will be allowed to air on weekends only. Lifetime's deal allows it to begin airing the series daily in fall 2009; in addition, the women's cable network will begin airing episodes from Season 1 once a week starting in January.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 1
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj’s “Murder Mystery” party starts some fights within the gang.
Mike & Molly - "Mike & Molly's Excellent Adventure" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly is determined to get Mike out of his routine and tells him to embrace doing anything they want in life.
Two and a Half Men - "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan lets Lyndsey’s boyfriend Larry set him up on a date. Meanwhile, Walden offers to help Nicole with her software project so she’ll have time to date him. Marion Ross makes a special appearance. Jeff Probst returns for a second special appearance.
Partners - "Doug Day Afternoon" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marcus hires a former client and recently paroled ex-convict to work in the office, Allen suspects the once-criminal to have ulterior motives.
Partners - "How to Get a Head in Advertising" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Allen and Marcus decide to make a commercial for their practice, Allen's inflated ego takes the helm and creates a disaster.
Anger Management - "Charlie and the Temper of Doom" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie struggles to control his anger after meeting a hot girl who doesn't date angry guys.
Anger Management - "Charlie Gets Trashed" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes to war with his garbage man.
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.