Tuesday, November 14, 2006
SitcomsOnline.com Interactive: What Show Do You Want To See on the i Netwok?; TV Land Boomer Survey; Network Notes
They have rights to various shows from Sony, Warner Bros. and Universal's library. Shows that are not on cable, are eligible. So, I have gone through probably lots of most requested shows from these three studios to put back on television, and have made a poll. If a show is not on this list and is from one of these three studios (or not on TV today), then please post and write your vote in! (Universal shows Gimme a Break! and Charles in Charge are not eligible because they are right now leased to the Program Exchange. Sorry!)
So, start voting in the poll by clicking HERE and also post and tell us what you think. You can choose up to 3 shows in the poll. But please vote! As of this writing, Alice, Perfect Strangers, Diff'rent Strokes, and The Facts of Life are in the lead, with The Wonder Years, and a few others close behind. This is Vote 2007!
Baby Boomers are frustrated that television and advertisers place too much emphasis on younger audiences and are missing the chance to connect with Boomers in their peak earning and spending years, according to the findings in TV Land's New Generation Gap Study.
The Boomers polled were asked about the best TV shows and ads of all time. Among Boomer Men, the top shows of all time are:
- Star Trek
- The Andy Griffith Show
- 24 tied with . . .
Among Boomer Women, the top shows of all time are:
- Law & Order
- I Love Lucy tied with . . .
To view the full survey, click here.
And finally some network notes. Second year drama What About Brian has been picked up for a full season. The show had a 13 episode order then was picked up for four more episodes, now ABC has announced that at least 22 episodes will be produced this season. The show, a contemporary, heartwarming ensemble drama that tells the stories of a group of close-knit friends in various stages of romantic relationships and friendships living in Los Angeles, airs Mondays at 10:00 p.m., ET on the ABC Television Network.
NBC has picked-up freshman drama Friday Night Lights for a full season, despite low ratings. This marks the second low rated drama picked-up by NBC (Studio 60 being the other). NBC's poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard.
After finding a cable buyer (Lifetime) for Grey's Anatomy over the summer, the distributor of the hit medical drama is now firming up sales for the off-network series in weekend broadcast syndication.
Buena Vista Television has secured several clearances for the show, including stations in 14 of the top 15 markets, for a fall 2009 launch.
The stations clearing the series include the ABC owned-and-operated stations WABC New York, KABC Los Angeles, WLS Chicago, WPVI Philadelphia, KGO San Francisco and KTRK Houston; Fox-owned WFXT Boston and WTTG Washington; Cox's ABC affiliate WSB Atlanta; and Scripps' ABC affiliate WXYZ Detroit. The three-year deals include double runs in specific time periods. They will be allowed to air on weekends only. Lifetime's deal allows it to begin airing the series daily in fall 2009; in addition, the women's cable network will begin airing episodes from Season 1 once a week starting in January.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 1
The Simpsons - "Walking Big & Tall" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Lisa learns Springfield's anthem was stolen from another town, she writes a replacement. Meanwhile, Homer learns the meaning of “Wide Pride.”
Bob's Burgers - "The Gayle Tales" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Linda's sister, Gayle (guest voice Megan Mullally), arrives at Bob's Burgers in tears because her date for the evening was cancelled and she had theater tickets!!! Desperate to get out of the house after being grounded, the kids compete to be Aunt Gayle's “date” for the evening via an essay contest.
The Simpsons - "The Princess Guide" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Homer is put in charge of keeping Princess Kemi out of trouble while her father, a Nigerian king, works out a uranium deal with Mr. Burns. When Kemi ends up at Moe’s, Moe jumps to the conclusion that she must be related to the Nigerian prince who scammed him over email and schemes to get his money back. But much to his surprise, he finds himself falling for the princess.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Boyle-Linetti Wedding" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It’s the day of Gina and Charles’ parents’ wedding, and the whole squad is given a job to fulfill for the ceremony. However, Jake and Amy get sidetracked chasing a criminal, and Terry struggles to officiate the wedding.
The Last Man on Earth - "Alive in Tucson" and "The Elephant in the Room" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The Last Man on Earth chronicles the life and adventures of an average guy – and humanity’s last hope – who discovers what life is like when no one is telling you what you can and cannot do. The year is 2020, and after a deadly virus has swept the planet, only one man is left on earth: Phil Miller (Forte). He used to be just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job. Now, in his RV, Phil searches the country for other survivors. He has traveled to every city, every town and every outpost in the United States, Mexico and Canada, and has found no one. As he returns to his hometown of Tucson, Phil comes to the realization that he is almost certainly the last living being on the face of the earth.
Liv and Maddie - "Muffer-a-Rooney" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Maddie prepares for her game but is nervous about her knee; Liv films a sequel to a commercial she was in when she was 6 years old.
K.C. Undercover - "Photo Bombed" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Marisa's photo could be featured in magazines and billboards; the only problem is that contest photo is of K.C.
I Didn't Do It - "The Not-So-Secret Lives of Mosquitoes & Muskrats" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When news breaks that Lindy is dating a student from a rival school, she becomes a social outcast; Garret's never been kissed.
Monday, March 2
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joshua Molina (Sports Night) - Joshua appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cathy Ladman (Caroline in the City) - Cathy visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette talks about ABC's Secrets & Lies on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) - Sean talks about his hit comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine/Friends) and Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Matthew and Thomas are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.