Tuesday, November 14, 2006
SitcomsOnline.com Interactive: What Show Do You Want To See on the i Netwok?; TV Land Boomer Survey; Network Notes
They have rights to various shows from Sony, Warner Bros. and Universal's library. Shows that are not on cable, are eligible. So, I have gone through probably lots of most requested shows from these three studios to put back on television, and have made a poll. If a show is not on this list and is from one of these three studios (or not on TV today), then please post and write your vote in! (Universal shows Gimme a Break! and Charles in Charge are not eligible because they are right now leased to the Program Exchange. Sorry!)
So, start voting in the poll by clicking HERE and also post and tell us what you think. You can choose up to 3 shows in the poll. But please vote! As of this writing, Alice, Perfect Strangers, Diff'rent Strokes, and The Facts of Life are in the lead, with The Wonder Years, and a few others close behind. This is Vote 2007!
Baby Boomers are frustrated that television and advertisers place too much emphasis on younger audiences and are missing the chance to connect with Boomers in their peak earning and spending years, according to the findings in TV Land's New Generation Gap Study.
The Boomers polled were asked about the best TV shows and ads of all time. Among Boomer Men, the top shows of all time are:
- Star Trek
- The Andy Griffith Show
- 24 tied with . . .
Among Boomer Women, the top shows of all time are:
- Law & Order
- I Love Lucy tied with . . .
To view the full survey, click here.
And finally some network notes. Second year drama What About Brian has been picked up for a full season. The show had a 13 episode order then was picked up for four more episodes, now ABC has announced that at least 22 episodes will be produced this season. The show, a contemporary, heartwarming ensemble drama that tells the stories of a group of close-knit friends in various stages of romantic relationships and friendships living in Los Angeles, airs Mondays at 10:00 p.m., ET on the ABC Television Network.
NBC has picked-up freshman drama Friday Night Lights for a full season, despite low ratings. This marks the second low rated drama picked-up by NBC (Studio 60 being the other). NBC's poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard.
After finding a cable buyer (Lifetime) for Grey's Anatomy over the summer, the distributor of the hit medical drama is now firming up sales for the off-network series in weekend broadcast syndication.
Buena Vista Television has secured several clearances for the show, including stations in 14 of the top 15 markets, for a fall 2009 launch.
The stations clearing the series include the ABC owned-and-operated stations WABC New York, KABC Los Angeles, WLS Chicago, WPVI Philadelphia, KGO San Francisco and KTRK Houston; Fox-owned WFXT Boston and WTTG Washington; Cox's ABC affiliate WSB Atlanta; and Scripps' ABC affiliate WXYZ Detroit. The three-year deals include double runs in specific time periods. They will be allowed to air on weekends only. Lifetime's deal allows it to begin airing the series daily in fall 2009; in addition, the women's cable network will begin airing episodes from Season 1 once a week starting in January.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.