Tuesday, November 14, 2006
SitcomsOnline.com Interactive: What Show Do You Want To See on the i Netwok?; TV Land Boomer Survey; Network Notes
They have rights to various shows from Sony, Warner Bros. and Universal's library. Shows that are not on cable, are eligible. So, I have gone through probably lots of most requested shows from these three studios to put back on television, and have made a poll. If a show is not on this list and is from one of these three studios (or not on TV today), then please post and write your vote in! (Universal shows Gimme a Break! and Charles in Charge are not eligible because they are right now leased to the Program Exchange. Sorry!)
So, start voting in the poll by clicking HERE and also post and tell us what you think. You can choose up to 3 shows in the poll. But please vote! As of this writing, Alice, Perfect Strangers, Diff'rent Strokes, and The Facts of Life are in the lead, with The Wonder Years, and a few others close behind. This is Vote 2007!
Baby Boomers are frustrated that television and advertisers place too much emphasis on younger audiences and are missing the chance to connect with Boomers in their peak earning and spending years, according to the findings in TV Land's New Generation Gap Study.
The Boomers polled were asked about the best TV shows and ads of all time. Among Boomer Men, the top shows of all time are:
- Star Trek
- The Andy Griffith Show
- 24 tied with . . .
Among Boomer Women, the top shows of all time are:
- Law & Order
- I Love Lucy tied with . . .
To view the full survey, click here.
And finally some network notes. Second year drama What About Brian has been picked up for a full season. The show had a 13 episode order then was picked up for four more episodes, now ABC has announced that at least 22 episodes will be produced this season. The show, a contemporary, heartwarming ensemble drama that tells the stories of a group of close-knit friends in various stages of romantic relationships and friendships living in Los Angeles, airs Mondays at 10:00 p.m., ET on the ABC Television Network.
NBC has picked-up freshman drama Friday Night Lights for a full season, despite low ratings. This marks the second low rated drama picked-up by NBC (Studio 60 being the other). NBC's poignant series centers on the small rural town of Dillon, Texas, where the coveted state football championship rings are held in the highest regard.
After finding a cable buyer (Lifetime) for Grey's Anatomy over the summer, the distributor of the hit medical drama is now firming up sales for the off-network series in weekend broadcast syndication.
Buena Vista Television has secured several clearances for the show, including stations in 14 of the top 15 markets, for a fall 2009 launch.
The stations clearing the series include the ABC owned-and-operated stations WABC New York, KABC Los Angeles, WLS Chicago, WPVI Philadelphia, KGO San Francisco and KTRK Houston; Fox-owned WFXT Boston and WTTG Washington; Cox's ABC affiliate WSB Atlanta; and Scripps' ABC affiliate WXYZ Detroit. The three-year deals include double runs in specific time periods. They will be allowed to air on weekends only. Lifetime's deal allows it to begin airing the series daily in fall 2009; in addition, the women's cable network will begin airing episodes from Season 1 once a week starting in January.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series / Read Our Review
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, November 24
2 Broke Girls - "And the Brand Job" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Max and Caroline’s partnership – and friendship – is almost torn apart when Caroline drags Max to a seminar to help brand their cupcake business.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Locomotion Interruption" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Leonard and Amy take an unexpected road trip to Arizona to pick up Sheldon. Meanwhile, Penny interviews for a job at Bernadette’s company, and Howard is weirded out by Stuart’s relationship with Mrs. Wolowitz. Steven Root guest stars as Bernadette’s Boss And Regina King returns as Mrs. Davis.
Monday, November 24
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvment) - Watch Tim on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Ken is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He discusses The Gambler on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Ken Marino (Marry Me/Party Down) - Ken appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Will is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Tune in to see Jennnifer on a repeat of The Colbert Report at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke discusses her new book (There Was a Little Girl) on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yara Shahidi (black-ish) - Yara stops by Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) and Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Candace and Marilu will be on the Home & Family Holiday Special on Hallmark Channel at 8pm ET/PT. It repeats at 10am ET/PT on Tuesday. Candace will also be on Arise TV on their website at 3pm and on Centric at 3am on Tuesday. She is a guest on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:30am. She will be on HuffPost Live at 1:00pm. Candace's Christmas Under Wraps premieres on November 29 at 8/7C on Hallmark Channel.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori and Dean McDermott talk about their fight to save their marriage on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly will be part of the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Tim Meadows and Dan Bucatinsky (Marry Me) - Tim and Dan are guests on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey talks about Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.