Friday, November 10, 2006
Interviews with Cast & Crew of 'WKRP', 'Cheers'; TV Land is Looking for 'Three's Company', 'Brady Bunch', 'Cheers' Situations; Friday Notes
In addition he chats with Jim Ellis, the singer and composer of the WKRP closing theme, tells the story of how the song without any real lyrics came to be. So, head on over to listen to episode #10 of Just My Show!
TV Land is casting a new show called Your Reality, where they look for living situations similar to of classic TV shows. They are looking for situations similar to of The Brady Bunch, Cheers, and Three's Company. It's a fun, good-humored show where TV Land looks for the "real-life" versions of classic TV sitcoms. Here is the casting call:
Are You Living the Real-Life Three's Company?!
Do you and your roommates have a bizarre or unique living situation? Do you have as much fun as Jack, Janet, & Chrissy?! Do you get into crazy misadventures, date each other's friends or send mixed messages? Do you have a flirtatious or sleazy neighbor, or does your suspicious landlord drop in at all the wrong times?
If you answered Yes! to some (but not necessarily all) of the above questions and you think that your living situation is similar to one on Three's Company, you could win your very own reality show (and some cash)!
You don't have to be a perfect match. If you've got a Jack and a Chrissy, you don't need to have a Janet. You can be two guys and a girl, or two girls and a guy, you can even be only two people and any combo works! We want fun, outgoing roommates who like the possibility of being on TV and winning some money.
All you have to do to be eligible is email us today and tell us how you're similar to Three's Company! Email YourReality@813casting.com. Be sure to include your contact info and some pictures of you & your roommates.
Your Reality on TV Land is produced by Stick Figure Productions. For more info, check out www.stickfigureproductions.com/casting6.html. They are also seeking families who resemble The Brady Bunch and bars similar to Cheers!
Viewers can now get a free sneak peek at the entire first episode of CBS's new medical drama 3Lbs. -- before it premieres on CBS -- by logging onto CBS's broadband channel innertube (www.cbs.com/innertube). The premiere episode is also available for free on Yahoo for the next three days, starting today. Additionally, after 3Lbs. premieres on CBS on Tuesday, Nov. 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), every episode of the series will be available for viewers to watch for free on innertube for four weeks following the initial broadcast. Stanley Tucci, Mark Feuerstein, Indira Varma and Armando Riesco star in 3Lbs., a new drama about a team of top New York City neurosurgeons who explore the brain -- the core of intelligence, the center of emotion and spirit and the last great medical frontier.
And in a surprise move, NBC has renewed its critically acclaimed but ratings challenged, first-year drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (Mondays, 10-11 p.m. ET) for the remainder of the 2006-07 season.
Finally, Digital Music Group, Inc., a content owner and global leader in the digital distribution of independently owned music and video catalogs, announced that it has expanded its business model to include the digital distribution of television, film, and video catalogs. As part of this announcement, DMGI also reported the closing of a number of long-term distribution agreements with television, film, and video catalog owners representing more than 4,000 hours of video content which will be marketed as content channels under the brand name "DMGI Network." Among the channels are:
* Classics: this channel includes classic TV series from the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, including: I Spy (82 episodes), Daniel Boone (165 episodes), My Favorite Martian (107 episodes), The Invisible Man (26 episodes), The Cisco Kid (156 episodes), Peter Gunn (114 episodes), and The Adventures of Robin Hood (113 episodes).
* Kids: this channel includes both modern and classic content for kids, including: The Gumby Show (110 episodes), Gumby Adventures (116 episodes), The Shari Show (26 episodes), Clutch Cargo (52 episodes), and Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse (125 episodes).
For more information on the catalogs and content announces today, please visit www.dmgi.com/video/.
All its programs are either already live or set to go live on Google Video for a fee; other platforms will follow, including iTunes, with which the company has already pacted.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 2
New Girl - "Cruise" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess and Nick invite the gang along with them on a cruise they booked while still together as a couple. Coach tries to suppress his fear of boating, Schmidt attempts to win back Cece and Winston tries to mend Jess and Nick’s fractured relationship.
The Mindy Project - "Danny and Mindy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy thinks she’s met the man of her dreams after he writes a description of their encounter in a New York newspaper, leading to a surprising reveal.
Sullivan & Son - "A Kiss Is Just Never a Kiss" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Steve goes all out to impress an exciting new woman, with the help of Melanie. Meanwhile, Hank's doctor prescribes him testosterone, but a mishap leads to a "juiced up" Hank.
Tuesday, September 2
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Catch Allison on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Koechner (The Office/Hank) - David stops by @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife) - Albert is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth talks about his new film The Identical on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Tune in to see Brooklyn on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.