Friday, November 10, 2006
Interviews with Cast & Crew of 'WKRP', 'Cheers'; TV Land is Looking for 'Three's Company', 'Brady Bunch', 'Cheers' Situations; Friday Notes
In addition he chats with Jim Ellis, the singer and composer of the WKRP closing theme, tells the story of how the song without any real lyrics came to be. So, head on over to listen to episode #10 of Just My Show!
TV Land is casting a new show called Your Reality, where they look for living situations similar to of classic TV shows. They are looking for situations similar to of The Brady Bunch, Cheers, and Three's Company. It's a fun, good-humored show where TV Land looks for the "real-life" versions of classic TV sitcoms. Here is the casting call:
Are You Living the Real-Life Three's Company?!
Do you and your roommates have a bizarre or unique living situation? Do you have as much fun as Jack, Janet, & Chrissy?! Do you get into crazy misadventures, date each other's friends or send mixed messages? Do you have a flirtatious or sleazy neighbor, or does your suspicious landlord drop in at all the wrong times?
If you answered Yes! to some (but not necessarily all) of the above questions and you think that your living situation is similar to one on Three's Company, you could win your very own reality show (and some cash)!
You don't have to be a perfect match. If you've got a Jack and a Chrissy, you don't need to have a Janet. You can be two guys and a girl, or two girls and a guy, you can even be only two people and any combo works! We want fun, outgoing roommates who like the possibility of being on TV and winning some money.
All you have to do to be eligible is email us today and tell us how you're similar to Three's Company! Email YourReality@813casting.com. Be sure to include your contact info and some pictures of you & your roommates.
Your Reality on TV Land is produced by Stick Figure Productions. For more info, check out www.stickfigureproductions.com/casting6.html. They are also seeking families who resemble The Brady Bunch and bars similar to Cheers!
Viewers can now get a free sneak peek at the entire first episode of CBS's new medical drama 3Lbs. -- before it premieres on CBS -- by logging onto CBS's broadband channel innertube (www.cbs.com/innertube). The premiere episode is also available for free on Yahoo for the next three days, starting today. Additionally, after 3Lbs. premieres on CBS on Tuesday, Nov. 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), every episode of the series will be available for viewers to watch for free on innertube for four weeks following the initial broadcast. Stanley Tucci, Mark Feuerstein, Indira Varma and Armando Riesco star in 3Lbs., a new drama about a team of top New York City neurosurgeons who explore the brain -- the core of intelligence, the center of emotion and spirit and the last great medical frontier.
And in a surprise move, NBC has renewed its critically acclaimed but ratings challenged, first-year drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (Mondays, 10-11 p.m. ET) for the remainder of the 2006-07 season.
Finally, Digital Music Group, Inc., a content owner and global leader in the digital distribution of independently owned music and video catalogs, announced that it has expanded its business model to include the digital distribution of television, film, and video catalogs. As part of this announcement, DMGI also reported the closing of a number of long-term distribution agreements with television, film, and video catalog owners representing more than 4,000 hours of video content which will be marketed as content channels under the brand name "DMGI Network." Among the channels are:
* Classics: this channel includes classic TV series from the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, including: I Spy (82 episodes), Daniel Boone (165 episodes), My Favorite Martian (107 episodes), The Invisible Man (26 episodes), The Cisco Kid (156 episodes), Peter Gunn (114 episodes), and The Adventures of Robin Hood (113 episodes).
* Kids: this channel includes both modern and classic content for kids, including: The Gumby Show (110 episodes), Gumby Adventures (116 episodes), The Shari Show (26 episodes), Clutch Cargo (52 episodes), and Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse (125 episodes).
For more information on the catalogs and content announces today, please visit www.dmgi.com/video/.
All its programs are either already live or set to go live on Google Video for a fee; other platforms will follow, including iTunes, with which the company has already pacted.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 14
The Simpsons - "Friend with Benefit" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa befriends Harper, a new kid at school who happens to be super-rich. Then, Homer befriends Harper’s dad and is able to enjoy the perks of Lisa having a rich friend, as well. But Lisa decides that Harper is a bully and moves to end the friendship, which prompts Homer to try and smooth things over so he can continue to enjoy the good life.
Bob's Burgers - "The Gene and Courtney Show" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
Gene and Courtney get their big break when they are asked to be the new hosts of the morning announcements, but their romantic history threatens to get in the way. Meanwhile, Tina’s attempt to play Cupid goes tragically awry when she volunteers to spear-head the Valentine’s Day carnation fundraiser.
The Simpsons - " Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
Cooper Barrett's Guide to Surviving Life - "How to Survive Losing Your Phone" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cooper faces the ultimate, life-halting devastation when he loses his phone, and the guys stop at nothing to help him get it back. Meanwhile, Leslie and Kelly’s karaoke duet turns into an all-out bar brawl.
Family Guy - "An App a Day" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter learns about phone apps and overloads his phone with them. He buys a new phone with more memory and gives his old phone to Chris, which causes a series of horrible events. Meanwhile, Stewie joins a tennis club and invites Brian to be his tennis partner.
Bordertown - "High School Football" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bud becomes the high school football coach after the previous coach is forced out of the job by the local redneck fans. Bud, desperate to win, discovers a secret weapon – an illegal immigrant whom he sees gracefully and skillfully run across the border. Of course, this kid also happens to be the No. 1 drug mule in Mexico.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in the Middle" (Disney Channel, 8:45PM ET/PT)
Inventor Harley is ready to accept a community award after she figures out how to get her family out of the house on time.
Monday, February 15
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Jim appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Brandy Norwood (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy chats about Zoe Ever After on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran plays accomplice to co-host Clinton Kelly during a mystery ingredient party on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) - William discusses his new book Leonard: My Fifty-Year Friendship with a Remarkable Man on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on HuffPost Live at 1:30pm.
- Giacomo Gianniotti (Selfie) - Giacomo is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Alison Brie (Community) - Alison visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- The Cast of The Facts of Life - It's a special Facts of Life Reunion with cast members including Charlotte Rae, Lisa Whelchel, Kim Fields and Geri Jewell on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. Lisa Whelchel cooks a Mexican corn bread; DIY blinged roller skates; how to achieve Blair's fabulous hair from The Facts of Life; a prep school inspired fashion show; singer Gloria Loring performs The Facts of Life theme song; how to make a personalized DIY diary.