Friday, November 10, 2006
Interviews with Cast & Crew of 'WKRP', 'Cheers'; TV Land is Looking for 'Three's Company', 'Brady Bunch', 'Cheers' Situations; Friday Notes
In addition he chats with Jim Ellis, the singer and composer of the WKRP closing theme, tells the story of how the song without any real lyrics came to be. So, head on over to listen to episode #10 of Just My Show!
TV Land is casting a new show called Your Reality, where they look for living situations similar to of classic TV shows. They are looking for situations similar to of The Brady Bunch, Cheers, and Three's Company. It's a fun, good-humored show where TV Land looks for the "real-life" versions of classic TV sitcoms. Here is the casting call:
Are You Living the Real-Life Three's Company?!
Do you and your roommates have a bizarre or unique living situation? Do you have as much fun as Jack, Janet, & Chrissy?! Do you get into crazy misadventures, date each other's friends or send mixed messages? Do you have a flirtatious or sleazy neighbor, or does your suspicious landlord drop in at all the wrong times?
If you answered Yes! to some (but not necessarily all) of the above questions and you think that your living situation is similar to one on Three's Company, you could win your very own reality show (and some cash)!
You don't have to be a perfect match. If you've got a Jack and a Chrissy, you don't need to have a Janet. You can be two guys and a girl, or two girls and a guy, you can even be only two people and any combo works! We want fun, outgoing roommates who like the possibility of being on TV and winning some money.
All you have to do to be eligible is email us today and tell us how you're similar to Three's Company! Email YourReality@813casting.com. Be sure to include your contact info and some pictures of you & your roommates.
Your Reality on TV Land is produced by Stick Figure Productions. For more info, check out www.stickfigureproductions.com/casting6.html. They are also seeking families who resemble The Brady Bunch and bars similar to Cheers!
Viewers can now get a free sneak peek at the entire first episode of CBS's new medical drama 3Lbs. -- before it premieres on CBS -- by logging onto CBS's broadband channel innertube (www.cbs.com/innertube). The premiere episode is also available for free on Yahoo for the next three days, starting today. Additionally, after 3Lbs. premieres on CBS on Tuesday, Nov. 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), every episode of the series will be available for viewers to watch for free on innertube for four weeks following the initial broadcast. Stanley Tucci, Mark Feuerstein, Indira Varma and Armando Riesco star in 3Lbs., a new drama about a team of top New York City neurosurgeons who explore the brain -- the core of intelligence, the center of emotion and spirit and the last great medical frontier.
And in a surprise move, NBC has renewed its critically acclaimed but ratings challenged, first-year drama Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (Mondays, 10-11 p.m. ET) for the remainder of the 2006-07 season.
Finally, Digital Music Group, Inc., a content owner and global leader in the digital distribution of independently owned music and video catalogs, announced that it has expanded its business model to include the digital distribution of television, film, and video catalogs. As part of this announcement, DMGI also reported the closing of a number of long-term distribution agreements with television, film, and video catalog owners representing more than 4,000 hours of video content which will be marketed as content channels under the brand name "DMGI Network." Among the channels are:
* Classics: this channel includes classic TV series from the 1950s, 60s, and 70s, including: I Spy (82 episodes), Daniel Boone (165 episodes), My Favorite Martian (107 episodes), The Invisible Man (26 episodes), The Cisco Kid (156 episodes), Peter Gunn (114 episodes), and The Adventures of Robin Hood (113 episodes).
* Kids: this channel includes both modern and classic content for kids, including: The Gumby Show (110 episodes), Gumby Adventures (116 episodes), The Shari Show (26 episodes), Clutch Cargo (52 episodes), and Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse (125 episodes).
For more information on the catalogs and content announces today, please visit www.dmgi.com/video/.
All its programs are either already live or set to go live on Google Video for a fee; other platforms will follow, including iTunes, with which the company has already pacted.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 30
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Breakup" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Although Eve insists she’s OK after her first high school break-up, everyone has an opinion as to how she should deal with her feelings. To take her mind off it, Mike has her tag along to watch sports on Ed’s new 120-inch TV. Also, while shopping for Kristin’s wedding dress, she and Mandy fight over how Kristin broke up with Kyle.
Cristela - "Hypertension" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Daniela is worried that Cristela is neglecting her health due to her beyond-busy schedule. Daniela suggests that maybe if Cristela lost a few pounds, she could find herself a husband and ultimately mirror the life Daniela lives now. Cristela retorts by saying she doesn’t want Daniela’s life or her looks, she’s happy with who she is and being career focused. The tables are turned when Daniela coaxes Cristela down to a free clinic to test their blood pressure and it’s revealed Daniela is the one who should be concerned. Meanwhile at the office, Josh tries to impress Trent by volunteering to learn CPR and Maddie decides to teach him a lesson he won’t forget.
Friday, January 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Catch Kaley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation/House of Lies) - Ben appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4pm.
- Eric Andre (2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Rainn appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony talks about his return to Broadway, rumors of a Taxi reunion and which team he's rooting for in the Super Bowl on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim talks about the final season of Parks and Recreation on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great party recipes on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.