Thursday, November 16, 2006
'Growing Pains' Sneak Preview on i Network; Additional Episodes for 'Class', 'Standoff', 'Til Death'
The Thanksgiving night marathon has been added, and will run 8 to 11 p.m. Mama's Family, which was previously scheduled to run 6-11 p.m., will air 6-8 p.m. that night and also on Saturday night (November 25) from 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., which originally was Growing Pains. Charlie's Angels marathon will remain on Friday, November 24 from 6 to 11 p.m. and Growing Pains marathon will remain 6-11 p.m. on Sunday, November 26. Click here for the updated Thanksgiving weekend marathon episodes. And we will let you know as soon as we know when Growing Pains really joins the schedule in early 2007!
Fox has given the go-ahead to nine more episodes of the struggling Brad Garrett Thursday night sitcom 'Til Death and six more episodes of procedural drama Standoff, which has also struggled. Both series are the first and likely only new Fox series to be extended beyond their initial 13 episode commitments. Justice, Vanished, Happy Hour will not return beyond 13 episodes and will likely not air all 13.
Meanwhile, CBS has reportedly picked-up additional episodes of the new Monday sitcom The Class. The Class has not brought the lights out but CBS will still likely go with a few more episodes, likely about 16-19, more closer to 16 though. By mid-season, CBS will likely replace The Class with a new mid-season sitcom--Rules of Engagement starring David Spade, Oliver Hudson and Patrick Warburton.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, June 1
Modern Family - "Playdates" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Claire and Phil have dinner plans with this great couple they met on vacation; the only problem is they never pick up the bill, so Claire insists Phil be strong this time and make them pay. Gloria organizes a playdate with a couple that appears to have a lot in common with them – they also have a young son Joe’s age, but the husband is in his eighties and Jay takes it very personally. Elsewhere, Haley, Alex and Luke are surprised when Uncle Mitchell comes over to cash in on the birthday coupon they gave him for a belated celebration, so they scramble and end up on an impromptu tour of celebrity homes.
The Goldbergs - "Edward "Eddie the Eagle" Edwards" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Barry sees underdog Eddie the Eagle in the Olympics, he decides to popularize Ball Ball in order to gain respect at school. Meanwhile, Beverly catches wind that Murray’s store sales are down and intervenes by selling the latest furniture craze.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Hawaii" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi and a fellow traveler pose as newlyweds at a couples-only resort in Hawaii.
Baby Daddy - "Trial by Liar" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley puts Danny on trial for breaking her heart after she discovers he once hooked up with Sam.
Lopez - "George Needs Vegas" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George's frustrations keep mounting due to troubles with the communities at both his Beverly Hills and San Fernando properties. He needs to get away from it all.
The Soul Man - "White Trash" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
With everyone blaming Boyce for the garbage strike, he is determined to put an end to it with or without Mayor Saxby's help. Alicia has a surprising offer for Stamps, and Barton is stretching himself too thin.
Schitt's Creek - "Happy Anniversary" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Johnny and Moira see a couple they knew in a past life; Alexis and David go to Mutt's annual barn party.
Wednesday, June 1
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Watch Bryan on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He discusses his new film Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Dakota Johnson (Ben and Kate) - Dakota appears on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) and Danny Masterson (The Ranch/That '70s Show) - Ashton and Danny are guests on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of The Big Bang Theory - Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch are guests on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - Mackenzie reveals why we’re all one prescription away from being hooked on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- The Monkees - The Monkees perform on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Laura Marano (Austin & Ally/Back to You) - Laura is a guest on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel at 7:22am. She talks about her acting and singing careers on the AOL Build Show at 3:30pm.
- Billy Ray Cyrus (Still the King) - Billy Ray talks about Still the King on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.