Thursday, November 16, 2006
'Growing Pains' Sneak Preview on i Network; Additional Episodes for 'Class', 'Standoff', 'Til Death'
The Thanksgiving night marathon has been added, and will run 8 to 11 p.m. Mama's Family, which was previously scheduled to run 6-11 p.m., will air 6-8 p.m. that night and also on Saturday night (November 25) from 9:30 p.m. to 11 p.m., which originally was Growing Pains. Charlie's Angels marathon will remain on Friday, November 24 from 6 to 11 p.m. and Growing Pains marathon will remain 6-11 p.m. on Sunday, November 26. Click here for the updated Thanksgiving weekend marathon episodes. And we will let you know as soon as we know when Growing Pains really joins the schedule in early 2007!
Fox has given the go-ahead to nine more episodes of the struggling Brad Garrett Thursday night sitcom 'Til Death and six more episodes of procedural drama Standoff, which has also struggled. Both series are the first and likely only new Fox series to be extended beyond their initial 13 episode commitments. Justice, Vanished, Happy Hour will not return beyond 13 episodes and will likely not air all 13.
Meanwhile, CBS has reportedly picked-up additional episodes of the new Monday sitcom The Class. The Class has not brought the lights out but CBS will still likely go with a few more episodes, likely about 16-19, more closer to 16 though. By mid-season, CBS will likely replace The Class with a new mid-season sitcom--Rules of Engagement starring David Spade, Oliver Hudson and Patrick Warburton.
The Goldbergs - "Kara-Te" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Barry decides to sign up for the school’s holiday talent show but is bummed when the school doesn’t approve karate as a talent. Beverly is livid and brow beats the teacher in charge to change his mind. After the family watches Barry’s routine, everyone wonders whether he will be able to pull off the performance… or crack under pressure. Meanwhile, Erica gets coerced from Pops to also perform in the talent show, but will she? Tim Meadows guest stars.
Trophy Wife - "Twas the Night Before Christmas... Or Twas It?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Pete, Kate, Diane and Jackie wake up Christmas morning hung-over and the house in complete disaster. They try to piece together the events of last night’s Christmas Eve festivities while also trying to save Christmas for the kids. Phyllis Smith (“The Office”) returns for a guest appearance.
Tuesday, December 10
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors) - Tune in to see Toks on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) - Mark-Paul stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - It's an hour of Latin inspired holiday dishes when Mario and Mario Batali whip up a tasty holiday dish on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm ET.
- Richard Karn (Home Improvement) - Richard discusses his latest project on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- David Koechner (The Office) - David will be on SI Now at 1pm.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.