Wednesday, November 08, 2006
33rd Annual People's Choice Awards Nominees; Two 'Three's Company' DVDs Coming Jan. 30; More 'Benson' on TV Land
FAVORITE TV COMEDY:
The King of Queens (CBS)
My Name Is Earl (NBC)
Two and a Half Men (CBS)
FAVORITE TV COMEDY - ANIMATED
Family Guy (Fox)
King of the Hill (Fox)
The Simpsons (Fox)
FAVORITE TV DRAMA
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS)
Grey's Anatomy (ABC)
FAVORITE COMPETITION/REALITY SHOW
American Idol (Fox)
Deal or No Deal (NBC)
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC)
FAVORITE TALK SHOW HOST
Ellen DeGeneres (The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Syndicated)
Jay Leno (The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, NBC)
Oprah Winfrey (Oprah, Syndicated)
FAVORITE FEMALE TV STAR
Jennifer Love Hewitt (Ghost Whisperer, CBS)
Eva Longoria (Desperate Housewives, ABC)
Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Old Christine, CBS)
FAVORITE MALE TV STAR
Patrick Dempsey (Grey's Anatomy, ABC)
Charlie Sheen (Two and a Half Men, CBS)
Kiefer Sutherland (24, Fox)
A second round of nominees for categories including Favorite New TV Comedy will launch soon.
Fans have the opportunity to vote for their favorites in each category at PCAvote.com starting today. Online voters can also register for a chance to win a VIP trip to The 33rd Annual People's Choice Awards. Visit PCAvote.com to learn more about the sweepstakes.
Three's Company has finished on DVD...or so you think! Anchor Bay has told us they will release two more sets on Jan. 30, 2007. What will these consist of? They will be single disc sets with the best episodes for Jack and Janet. The Jack Tripper set is titled Three's Company: Capturing the Laughter - Jack's Episodes, will be John Ritter's favorite episodes. He mentioned his favorite episodes when he was alive and Anchor Bay will release some of those episodes on this set. The Janet Wood set is titled Three's Company: Capturing the Laughter - Janet's Episodes, will be Joyce DeWitt's favorite episodes that she herself handpicked for this set! Anchor Bay has not yet announced what the episodes are, but we can expect 5-6 episodes on each set. Will they do best-of sets for each character? As of now, there are no plans, but if these do well, I wouldn't be surprised to see them.
Also, we have to have both spin-offs of the show--The Ropers and Three's a Crowd on DVD. Please email them and tell them we want both spin-offs at: TVonDVD@anchorbayent.com and also at firstname.lastname@example.org. We must do this, so fans can have all of the Three's Company universe on DVD. I will have more details on the two best-of sets soon right here and on my Three's Company website.
And for the fourth straight week, TV Land has moved the Friday Night Movie Encore to another night. This time the encore will air this Saturday at 8 p.m. This week's movie is Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear, and it will still premiere Friday at 10. So, this again means Benson will air Friday night from approx. 12 am to 4 am! This will not happen next Friday as that will be Star Trek weekend. So, Benson fans take note!
The Big Bang Theory - "The Anything Can Happen Recurrence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Sheldon tries to be spontaneous, it leads to unexpected friction between Penny, Amy and Bernadette. Meanwhile, Raj seeks Howard’s help in preparing for a date with Emily.
The Millers - "Tomlandia" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Nathan pitches a children’s show to his boss, Ed Dolan, based on Tom’s imaginary comic book, Tom has an adverse reaction to the tweaks made to his cherished world. Jeffrey Tambor returns as Ed Dolan, Nathan’s boss.
Two and a Half Men - "Lotta Delis in Little Armenia" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alan stumbles upon an opportunity to make money. Meanwhile, Walden has to address his co-dependency issues.
Bad Teacher - "Pilot" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Former trophy wife Meredith Davis seeks a return to a life of leisure and luxury by posing as a teacher at an upscale elementary school to meet the students’ rich, single fathers and land one to marry. However, her plan hits a major snag and she faces exposure when her unconventional – and mostly unsuitable – teaching methods raise the suspicions of a fellow faculty member. Read our review.
Surviving Jack - "Something to Talk About" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
During an evening of inopportune timing, Frankie introduces his new girlfriend, Heather (guest star Lili Reinhart), to Joanne, who has just gotten her tubes tied and is still on pain medication. Instead of taking care of Joanne post-surgery, Jack has his hands full policing Frankie and Rachel. Meanwhile, George and Mikey try to retrieve a porn video they disguised in a "Casablanca" VHS case that has been placed into the wrong hands at the Dunlevy house.
Parks and Recreation - "Moving Up" (NBC, 8:00-9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie (Amy Poehler), Ben (Adam Scott), and Andy (Chris Pratt) head to San Francisco for a National Parks Conference. Tom (Aziz Ansari) opens his restaurant, Ron (Nick Offerman) has another run-in with his ex-wife Tammy 2 (Special Guest Megan Mullally), Andy lives a rock and roll fantasy, and Leslie makes a huge decision about her future.
Saint George - "Hot Blooded" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alma sets George up on a date with a Latina doctor, and George discovers the woman is crazy.
Anger Management - "Charlie Spends the Night with Lacey" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie spends the night with Lacey to keep her from killing her ex-boyfriend.
Sirens - "There's No "I" in Ice Cream" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The crew remembers a day that followed the full spectrum of excitement; Johnny tries to find out who ate the last doughnut.
- "Distant Mom" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids return from a vacation to Mozambique with their mom, Kim, only to learn the trip was actually a job interview at the embassy. They soon find out they are moving to Africa and away from Stephanie and Charlie. Guest Star: Holly Robinson Peete.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Run Into Marcus' Nephew" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emily takes Amy's car to a party with Marcus' nephew after she was forbidden from driving at night, and must race back to beat David home. Joe wants more responsibility so asks to babysit Janie. Guest Star: Larramie "Doc" Shaw.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "Roll Pounce" (TV One, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The annual skate off has a surprise entry.
Thursday, April 24
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Catch Neil on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah appears on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Jim is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tom Lennon (Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom is a guest on @midnight at midnight on Comedy Central.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary guest co-hosts Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Mario appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Tune in to see Brandy on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- The Cast of Bad Teacher - Sara Gilbert, Ari Graynor, David Alan Grier and Ryan Hansen are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron-Bure (Full House) - Candace guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from her show on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max shares his passion for teaching kids the love of reading and the value of giving back on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William chats and performs on The Queen Latifah Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Timothy Simons (Veep) - Timothy will be on HuffPost Live.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Christine Lakin Step by Step) - Christine will be on Big Morning Buzz Live on VH1 at 10am all this week.
- B.J. Novak (The Office) - B.J. is a guest on NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show and Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Jamie, Sally and the rest of the cast The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will be on ABC's Good Morning America between 7-9am.