Thursday, September 07, 2006
CBS Television announced plans to make TV history by partnering with TiVo Inc., the creator of and the leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVR), to launch a new Fall show in an entirely original way -- not via a network premiere, a DVD or the Internet, but on the TiVo service, which continues to revolutionize how America watches television. Through this pioneering partnership, TiVo subscribers will be the first in the nation to see the hot comedy CBS show The Class as early as a full week before its premiere on live TV.
In addition to the opportunity to watch The Class up to 1 week before its network premiere on September 18th, TiVo subscribers will be able to view sneak preview clips and receive exclusive footage and information on three more of CBS's most eagerly anticipated new shows: Jericho starring Skeet Ulrich and Gerald McRaney, Smith starring Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen, and Shark starring James Woods and Jeri Ryan. With just one click of the remote, TiVo subscribers will be able to record the premieres of all four shows.
And speaking of The Class...CBS and Classmates.com, a leader in online social networking with more than 40 million adult registered members, today jointly announced a first time exclusive marketing partnership which gives everyone the opportunity to join The Class at Classmates.com (www.Classmates.com/TheClass), learn about the show, interact with the characters and win a trip to Hollywood to attend a show taping and meet the cast.
Last Man Standing - "Elfie" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In the spirit of Christmas, the sometimes self-absorbed Mandy plays Santa by anonymously arranging a holiday surprise for Blanca, the Baxters’ housekeeper. Also, when Vanessa gives Boyd a “magical” Elf doll, Ryan wants to tell Boyd it is just a doll, but Mike wants to prove to Ryan that a little Christmas spirit is not a bad thing.
The Neighbors - "A Christmas Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Debbie oversteps and accidentally ruins Larry’s surprise Christmas gift for Dick, Larry responds the only way he knows how: going way over the top for gifts to Debbie’s kids. Meanwhile, thinking gifts are the emblem of how you truly feel about someone, Reggie and Amber both struggle with getting each other the perfect gift.
Raising Hope - "The Chance Who Stole Christmas" / "Bee Story" (Fox, 9:00-10:00PM ET/PT)
Burt wants to be elected the interim Mayor of Natesville so that Virginia will have the honor of plugging in the town Christmas tree. But being mayor turns Burt into a Grinch. Then, Burt and Virginia go undercover to expose a corporate scandal that is killing all the bees in Natesville.
The Rickey Smiley Show - "Captive Christmas" (TV One, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The family gets trapped at the church by a snowstorm.
Friday, December 13
- John Witherspoon (The Wayans Brothers/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Watch John on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) - William appears on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Community) - Ken is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Constance Marie (George Lopez) - Constance talks about her role on the ABC Family hit Switched at Birth on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Reno 911!) - Niecy visits The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Reed Alexander (iCarly) - Reed will be on The Couch on WLNY 10/55 in New York between 7-9am.
- Dan Lauria (Sullivan & Son/The Wonder Years) - Dan is a guest on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm ET.