Thursday, September 07, 2006
CBS Television announced plans to make TV history by partnering with TiVo Inc., the creator of and the leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVR), to launch a new Fall show in an entirely original way -- not via a network premiere, a DVD or the Internet, but on the TiVo service, which continues to revolutionize how America watches television. Through this pioneering partnership, TiVo subscribers will be the first in the nation to see the hot comedy CBS show The Class as early as a full week before its premiere on live TV.
In addition to the opportunity to watch The Class up to 1 week before its network premiere on September 18th, TiVo subscribers will be able to view sneak preview clips and receive exclusive footage and information on three more of CBS's most eagerly anticipated new shows: Jericho starring Skeet Ulrich and Gerald McRaney, Smith starring Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen, and Shark starring James Woods and Jeri Ryan. With just one click of the remote, TiVo subscribers will be able to record the premieres of all four shows.
And speaking of The Class...CBS and Classmates.com, a leader in online social networking with more than 40 million adult registered members, today jointly announced a first time exclusive marketing partnership which gives everyone the opportunity to join The Class at Classmates.com (www.Classmates.com/TheClass), learn about the show, interact with the characters and win a trip to Hollywood to attend a show taping and meet the cast.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 6
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Fit for a Fling" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus' friends question him about his recent neurotic behavior and think it may be linked to his motivation to change.
Friday, May 6
- John Stamos (Grandfathered/Jake in Progress/Full House) - Watch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Andrew Rannells (Girls/The New Normal) - Andrew stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Raymond appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric and his mom spill all his secrets on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - Josh discusses Quantico on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Netflix's Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. Lily also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Lily will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. Jane visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea talks about Chelsea on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - People Now catches up with Kristin.
- Marliu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu Henner and her husband, Michael Brown, discuss their new book Changing Normal on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Mila Kunis (Family Guy/That '70s Show) - Mila appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.