Thursday, September 07, 2006
CBS Television announced plans to make TV history by partnering with TiVo Inc., the creator of and the leader in television services for digital video recorders (DVR), to launch a new Fall show in an entirely original way -- not via a network premiere, a DVD or the Internet, but on the TiVo service, which continues to revolutionize how America watches television. Through this pioneering partnership, TiVo subscribers will be the first in the nation to see the hot comedy CBS show The Class as early as a full week before its premiere on live TV.
In addition to the opportunity to watch The Class up to 1 week before its network premiere on September 18th, TiVo subscribers will be able to view sneak preview clips and receive exclusive footage and information on three more of CBS's most eagerly anticipated new shows: Jericho starring Skeet Ulrich and Gerald McRaney, Smith starring Ray Liotta and Virginia Madsen, and Shark starring James Woods and Jeri Ryan. With just one click of the remote, TiVo subscribers will be able to record the premieres of all four shows.
And speaking of The Class...CBS and Classmates.com, a leader in online social networking with more than 40 million adult registered members, today jointly announced a first time exclusive marketing partnership which gives everyone the opportunity to join The Class at Classmates.com (www.Classmates.com/TheClass), learn about the show, interact with the characters and win a trip to Hollywood to attend a show taping and meet the cast.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, August 20
The Middle - "Stormy Moon" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie is gobsmacked when she is handcuffed, arrested and taken to the police station. But when she discovers that her arrest was over an unreturned library book, she sets her sights on the only person she suspects to be the real guilty party - Brick. Meanwhile, Sue doesn't know how to express her feelings of disdain to Reverend TimTom over his new partner and girlfriend, Reverend Tammy (Casey Wilson, “Happy Endings”), and Axl and Cassidy reunite during Spring Break but find themselves mostly kissing and not talking to one another.
The Goldbergs - "The Age of Darkness" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Despite her best efforts, Beverly is crushed when she cannot console Erica when her boyfriend, Drew Kremp, dumps her. So Murray steps in to help his daughter. Meanwhile, Barry is obsessed with a new arcade game and continually asks Pops for money to play. When he takes the situation to a desperate level involving Adam, an intervention is planned.
Modern Family - "The Help" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gloria hires a too-good-to-be-true male nanny (guest star Adam DeVine), Jay and Manny are pretty much dead set against it. Frank (guest star Fred Willard) is in town and feeling a bit lonely recently, so Phil and Jay take him out to help get his groove back. And, Mitch and Cam commission Pepper (guest star Nathan Lane) to plan their dream wedding, but Pepper might be dreaming a little too big.
Modern Family - "And One to Grow On" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil tricks Luke into taking a dance class, but the jokes on him when the white lie indirectly lands him in the slammer. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria are throwing birthday parties for both Manny and Joe and are concerned Manny might be going for girls out of his league, and Mitch and Cam get a rude awakening in the cutthroat world of booking a wedding venue.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Getting Played" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi tries to repair the relationship between Yolanda's son and his former girlfriend.
Mystery Girls - "Death Rose" (ABC Family, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Holly's willingness to help a friend brings nothing but trouble.
Hot in Cleveland - "Mystery Date: Oscar Edition" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Victoria has to choose between Melanie and Joy for her plus one to the Oscars, they compete with each other to show who's the better friend.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Love to Me" (OWN, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Linda goes back to Philip and indulges in a spontaneous night of passion.
Wednesday, August 20
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Watch Kathy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - Ted is a guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jaime King (The Class/Gary Unmarried) - Jaime visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin talks about Rio 2 on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher dishes with Rach on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Doris Roberts (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Doris talks about her film The Little Rascals Save the Day on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kim Coles (Living Single) - Kim is a guest on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel interviews Chelsea Handler on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.