Wednesday, August 16, 2006
CBS now will use its online broadband channel innertube to air shows a day after they premiere on CBS. 7 shows will be offered this way starting this fall! All three CSI series, NCIS, NUMB3RS, Survivor and Jericho. The latter two will have archived episodes for the entire season (if Jericho lasts that long, that is). The other five series will be available for four weeks after they broadcast on TV. Launched in May, innertube features a mix of short original programming, content related to the network's shows and full episodes of the reality show Big Brother: All-Stars. innertube is looking for the the same success as ABC's full episode streaming program that was a success this past May and June. It would be nice if a sitcom or two would pop-up, though. NBC is going to release information on its broadband channel DotComedy very soon. DotComedy.com is going to have episodes of classicNBC/Universal-owned sitcoms for free. I'd guess Leave it to Beaver, The Munsters, among others would be on it, but we shall see. I don't think NBC has plans as of yet to put some of its current shows online like CBS and ABC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/16 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series
02/16 - The Brady Kids - The Complete Animated Series
02/16 - Girls - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
02/16 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - The Complete Series
02/16 - Togetherness - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 5
Last Man Standing - "Home Sweet Loan" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike has convinced Kristin and Ryan to buy a home instead of renting an apartment. But when he finds the ideal place for them, Ryan surprises everyone with a change of heart and backs out of the idea. Meanwhile, Mandy doesn’t want Eve in the basement, which doubles as her work space, but Kyle defends her right to be there.
Dr. Ken - "Dave's Valenine" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Ken helps Dave in asking a girl he likes to go with him to the Valentine’s Day dance, the plan quickly goes awry when Ken finds out that her dad (Joel McHale guest stars) is the well-known and rich malpractice lawyer whom he’s had issues with in the past. Can these two “adults” put aside their dislike of each other for the good of their kids? Meanwhile, Julie changes her Valentine’s Day party into a Presidents’ Day party to cover up her rejection from Topher (Danny Pudi guest stars). So when Topher suddenly shows up, Damona and Clark provide their support.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Hattie's Uncle" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hattie has to once again face the consequences of not paying taxes.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Why's Hattie Happy" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Linda finds out why Hattie's been unusually happy.
Friday, February 5
- Alison Brie (Community) - Catch Alison on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Taylor Cole (Ballers) - Taylor talks about her new Hallmark Channel original movie Appetite for Love on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril is a guest on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Gillian Jacobs (Community) - Gillian talks about Love on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Jake Lacy (The Office/Better with You) - Jake discusses How to Be Single on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Tim Allen (Last Man Standing/Home Improvement) - Tim is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Tiffani appears on Fox and Friends on Fox News Channel at 8:52am.