Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Nick@Nite Schedule Change Starting Saturday, Includes 'Jeffersons', 'Three's Company; ABC and NBC Notes
So, let's recap what shows are both on TV Land and Nick@Nite now. The Jeffersons, Three's Company and The Cosby Show are now airing on both channels. While Murphy Brown has made the move to TV Land (it is not on the Nick@Nite line-up anymore). NewsRadio and Mad About You are just once a week now and Full House is just on five times a week at 5:30a.m. The Nick@Nite new schedule, like TV Land's, is at least through the end of the month. No idea just yet what will happen in September. Nick@Nite will have A Different World marathon the week of August 28, so my hunch is that the Nick@Nite schedule is through at least August 27.
To view ALL these changes and to discuss this click here.
ABC has announced it will air George Lopez in the 9 p.m. hour next Wednesday. So, that will be four straight episodes that night. They haven't announced what will air in that hour for the rest of the summer thus yet, but I would bet on more George or maybe Primetime: Medical Mysteries, which is on tonight from 9 to 11 p.m. The season finale of that show will be on Sept. 6. Meanwhile, ABC has removed repeats of Boston Legal on Tuesday nights for another interesting Primetime series of specials. The specials will be titled Primetime: The Outsiders and will air through September 12. Boston Legal will return Sept. 19 with an all-new season. I have to admit Medical Mysteries is quite interesting. Repeats of Supernanny will replace that summer reality crap One Ocean View or whatever Mondays at 10 p.m., with Wife Swap now airing 8 to 10 p.m.
Elsewhere, NBC is looking to burn off episodes of the canceled sitcom Joey according to their official website. So when will they? They haven't said, but frankly I don't think they will actually air it. It is not listed yet at all in the next two weeks.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 28
Bunk'd - "Treehouse of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Zuri, Jorge and Tiffany enlist the support of an unexpected camper to help restore an abandoned treehouse, so they can use it as a new hangout; Emma and Lou and Ravi and Xander get competitive during a friendly game of billiards.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Do What You Gotta Do" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Joseph experiences an episode of sexual frustration due to Leslie's vow of chastity.
Friday, October 28
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - Watch John on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew visits on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about The Price is Right on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine?/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Ricky stops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa looks back at her earliest memories on Clarissa Explains It All – and says she was really bossy on People Now at 8:30am.
- Damon Wayans (My Wife and Kids) - Damon is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.