Friday, August 18, 2006
Last week we mentioned Boomerang will return Heathcliff & Marmaduke on Sept. 4, looks like that is not happening anymore. Garfield & Friends is still slated to come every night at 8 p.m. starting Sept. 18. They have also announced the returns of Jonny Quest, The Fantastic Four, and Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. All three will be airing in a late night block. They will also air the '60s animated cartoon Batfink on weekends at 12 noon. Due to popular demand, here is the full schedule.
The i Network will be making some changes in early September. Starting September 4, Family Feud and Doc will leave the weekday line-up. Another episode of Green Acres will replace Family Feud at 7:30 p.m. weekdays, while Mon-Thurs at 9 p.m. another episode of Diagnosis Murder will replace Doc. Doc will still air Fridays at 10 p.m. The new NBC kids block premieres Saturday, Sept. 9 on NBC. The i network will re-air that block on Friday afternoons from 3-6 p.m. starting Friday, September 15. Shows like Veggie Tales, Dragon, and Babar are airing. There are no other changes yet, but hopefully we will get some more later in September. I do know that Saturday marathons are being planned. So far we know Green Acres is having one on Aug. 26 and Sue Thomas F.B.Eye is having one on Sept. 2. Bonanza is being planned for Sept. 9 and Doc on Sept. 16. Hopefully they air some marathons from shows from the Sony/Warner library after that. And let's hope we get some changes later in September with more new shows.
Speaking of the i Network, last week's Mama's Family launch marathon did very well for i. The six episodes averaged 830,000 viewers, peaking at over 1 million for 10 p.m. In comparison the rest of the week averaged just 650,000 viewers. Hopefully they will realize now that these reruns will do well for them. I will keep you posted if there are any other changes on the i Network.
Well, today is Friday and I want to wrap the work-week in style. So, let's get to "the chase" (think Carmen Sandiego's fast 'chase' round) in the Friday notes! Former Ally McBeal co-star Jane Krakowski (or as Regis would call her "Krackow"), is joining NBC's new sitcom 30 Rock this fall. Krakowski will be playing the star of The Girlie Show, a network variety show that serves as the backdrop for the workplace comedy. 30 Rock debuts on October 11 and will air on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
Scrubs stars are now playing golf while they wait for their series to come back for new episodes in mid-season! Five of the show's stars will take part in the The Big Break All Star Challenge, a one-hour special airing Tuesday, Aug. 22 on The Golf Channel. The show will feature actors Ken Jenkins (Doctor Kelso), Robert Maschio (The Todd), Neil Flynn (Janitor), Judy Reyes (Nurse Carla) and Johnny Kastl (Doug) participating in a golf event to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The network’s Stephanie Sparks will serve as host. The event features the actors taking part in golf challenges, including breaking glass with golf balls and a long-drive competition, competitions that are a regular part of the network’s Big Break reality series, which launches its sixth season September 26.
Actor Bruno Kirby passed away on Monday. He was battling leukemia. Kirby was best remembered for his movie roles in City Slickers, Harry Met Sally, and The Godfather: Part II, but he was also on TV. He guest starred on sitcoms such as M*A*S*H, Room 222, Detective School, Frasier, Mad About You, and It's Garry Shandling's Show. He was last seen this past season on an episode of HBO's Entourage. Mr. Kirby was only 57.
Stay tuned tomorrow for our first anniversary special!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bet" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake and Amy’s ongoing bet about who can make more arrests comes to a close. Meanwhile, Charles receives the Medal of Valor for getting shot in the line of duty, but the pain medication he is taking causes him to reveal his true opinions about his colleagues.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Pontiac Bandit" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jake is interested in one of Rosa’s perps, Doug Judy (Guest Star Craig Robinson, “The Office”), who has information about the “Pontiac Bandit”, a car thief whom Jake has been tracking for years. Meanwhile, the station tries to accommodate a scooter-bound Charles’ every need when he returns to work, but he proves to be too much to handle. And Captain Holt struggles to find a home for two puppies.
Sunday, August 24
- Maggie Wheeler (Friends/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Maggie talks about how she won the role of Janice on Friends and what it has done for her career on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 9pm Et/PT on OWN. She will also share about her family life and her latest projects. They will also have a special tribute to Robin Williams, with Oprah's favorite moments from Robin Williams' 14 appearances on the Oprah show.
- Michael Cera (Arrested Development) - Watch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Simon Helberg (The Big Bang Theory) - Simon is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Josh Meyers (That '70s Show) - Josh appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim chats on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Tune in to see Kathy on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Rachael Harris (Surviving Jack/My Boys/In the Motherhood) - Rachael is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brittany Daniel (The Game/That '80s Show) - Brittany chats on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer shares her fitness secrets on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna will be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.