Friday, August 18, 2006
Last week we mentioned Boomerang will return Heathcliff & Marmaduke on Sept. 4, looks like that is not happening anymore. Garfield & Friends is still slated to come every night at 8 p.m. starting Sept. 18. They have also announced the returns of Jonny Quest, The Fantastic Four, and Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. All three will be airing in a late night block. They will also air the '60s animated cartoon Batfink on weekends at 12 noon. Due to popular demand, here is the full schedule.
The i Network will be making some changes in early September. Starting September 4, Family Feud and Doc will leave the weekday line-up. Another episode of Green Acres will replace Family Feud at 7:30 p.m. weekdays, while Mon-Thurs at 9 p.m. another episode of Diagnosis Murder will replace Doc. Doc will still air Fridays at 10 p.m. The new NBC kids block premieres Saturday, Sept. 9 on NBC. The i network will re-air that block on Friday afternoons from 3-6 p.m. starting Friday, September 15. Shows like Veggie Tales, Dragon, and Babar are airing. There are no other changes yet, but hopefully we will get some more later in September. I do know that Saturday marathons are being planned. So far we know Green Acres is having one on Aug. 26 and Sue Thomas F.B.Eye is having one on Sept. 2. Bonanza is being planned for Sept. 9 and Doc on Sept. 16. Hopefully they air some marathons from shows from the Sony/Warner library after that. And let's hope we get some changes later in September with more new shows.
Speaking of the i Network, last week's Mama's Family launch marathon did very well for i. The six episodes averaged 830,000 viewers, peaking at over 1 million for 10 p.m. In comparison the rest of the week averaged just 650,000 viewers. Hopefully they will realize now that these reruns will do well for them. I will keep you posted if there are any other changes on the i Network.
Well, today is Friday and I want to wrap the work-week in style. So, let's get to "the chase" (think Carmen Sandiego's fast 'chase' round) in the Friday notes! Former Ally McBeal co-star Jane Krakowski (or as Regis would call her "Krackow"), is joining NBC's new sitcom 30 Rock this fall. Krakowski will be playing the star of The Girlie Show, a network variety show that serves as the backdrop for the workplace comedy. 30 Rock debuts on October 11 and will air on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
Scrubs stars are now playing golf while they wait for their series to come back for new episodes in mid-season! Five of the show's stars will take part in the The Big Break All Star Challenge, a one-hour special airing Tuesday, Aug. 22 on The Golf Channel. The show will feature actors Ken Jenkins (Doctor Kelso), Robert Maschio (The Todd), Neil Flynn (Janitor), Judy Reyes (Nurse Carla) and Johnny Kastl (Doug) participating in a golf event to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The network’s Stephanie Sparks will serve as host. The event features the actors taking part in golf challenges, including breaking glass with golf balls and a long-drive competition, competitions that are a regular part of the network’s Big Break reality series, which launches its sixth season September 26.
Actor Bruno Kirby passed away on Monday. He was battling leukemia. Kirby was best remembered for his movie roles in City Slickers, Harry Met Sally, and The Godfather: Part II, but he was also on TV. He guest starred on sitcoms such as M*A*S*H, Room 222, Detective School, Frasier, Mad About You, and It's Garry Shandling's Show. He was last seen this past season on an episode of HBO's Entourage. Mr. Kirby was only 57.
Stay tuned tomorrow for our first anniversary special!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Leftover Thermalization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Friction ensues when a magazine fails to mention Leonard in an article about the paper he co-wrote with Sheldon. Also, a blackout at Mrs. Wolowitz’s home leads to a final family dinner.
Mom - "Sick Popes and a Red Ferrari" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bonnie’s relapse, the women from her meeting rally around to help her through withdrawal from painkillers, but Christy wants no part of it.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll - "Supercalifragilisticjuliefriggingandrews" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Gigi meets Johnny's mom and finds out why Mary Poppins ruined her career in show business. And Johnny's childhood.
Married - "The Cruise" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lina helps Russ manage his relationship with his mother.
Thursday, August 27
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Catch Patton on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Liz Gillies (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll) - Liz stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis will be on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show) - Michael appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - Henry is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple) and Ron Funches (Undateable) - Tom and Ron are guests on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Hilary Duff (Younger/Lizzie McGuire) - Hilary chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam chats with the ladies of The View on a repeat on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Shia LaBeouf (Even Stevens) - Shia appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Marcus Scribner, Yara Shahidi, Miles Brown and Marsai Martin (black-ish) - The kids of black-ish are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie discusses her new cooking series and serves up her signature quiche and an Italian-inspired cocktail on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about Mr. Robot on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Julie Benz (Hi Honey, I'm Home!/Payne) - Julie stops by the kitchen on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT. She will also be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe talks about the health condition that kept her from traveling with her co-stars on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- J.B. Smoove (The Millers/Curb Your Enthusiasm/'Til Death) - J.B. is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Patricia Clarkson (Davis Rules) - Patricia appears on People.com Chatter.
- Ed Asner (Mary Tyler Moore/Thunder Alley) - Ed chats on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.