Friday, August 18, 2006
Last week we mentioned Boomerang will return Heathcliff & Marmaduke on Sept. 4, looks like that is not happening anymore. Garfield & Friends is still slated to come every night at 8 p.m. starting Sept. 18. They have also announced the returns of Jonny Quest, The Fantastic Four, and Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. All three will be airing in a late night block. They will also air the '60s animated cartoon Batfink on weekends at 12 noon. Due to popular demand, here is the full schedule.
The i Network will be making some changes in early September. Starting September 4, Family Feud and Doc will leave the weekday line-up. Another episode of Green Acres will replace Family Feud at 7:30 p.m. weekdays, while Mon-Thurs at 9 p.m. another episode of Diagnosis Murder will replace Doc. Doc will still air Fridays at 10 p.m. The new NBC kids block premieres Saturday, Sept. 9 on NBC. The i network will re-air that block on Friday afternoons from 3-6 p.m. starting Friday, September 15. Shows like Veggie Tales, Dragon, and Babar are airing. There are no other changes yet, but hopefully we will get some more later in September. I do know that Saturday marathons are being planned. So far we know Green Acres is having one on Aug. 26 and Sue Thomas F.B.Eye is having one on Sept. 2. Bonanza is being planned for Sept. 9 and Doc on Sept. 16. Hopefully they air some marathons from shows from the Sony/Warner library after that. And let's hope we get some changes later in September with more new shows.
Speaking of the i Network, last week's Mama's Family launch marathon did very well for i. The six episodes averaged 830,000 viewers, peaking at over 1 million for 10 p.m. In comparison the rest of the week averaged just 650,000 viewers. Hopefully they will realize now that these reruns will do well for them. I will keep you posted if there are any other changes on the i Network.
Well, today is Friday and I want to wrap the work-week in style. So, let's get to "the chase" (think Carmen Sandiego's fast 'chase' round) in the Friday notes! Former Ally McBeal co-star Jane Krakowski (or as Regis would call her "Krackow"), is joining NBC's new sitcom 30 Rock this fall. Krakowski will be playing the star of The Girlie Show, a network variety show that serves as the backdrop for the workplace comedy. 30 Rock debuts on October 11 and will air on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
Scrubs stars are now playing golf while they wait for their series to come back for new episodes in mid-season! Five of the show's stars will take part in the The Big Break All Star Challenge, a one-hour special airing Tuesday, Aug. 22 on The Golf Channel. The show will feature actors Ken Jenkins (Doctor Kelso), Robert Maschio (The Todd), Neil Flynn (Janitor), Judy Reyes (Nurse Carla) and Johnny Kastl (Doug) participating in a golf event to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The network’s Stephanie Sparks will serve as host. The event features the actors taking part in golf challenges, including breaking glass with golf balls and a long-drive competition, competitions that are a regular part of the network’s Big Break reality series, which launches its sixth season September 26.
Actor Bruno Kirby passed away on Monday. He was battling leukemia. Kirby was best remembered for his movie roles in City Slickers, Harry Met Sally, and The Godfather: Part II, but he was also on TV. He guest starred on sitcoms such as M*A*S*H, Room 222, Detective School, Frasier, Mad About You, and It's Garry Shandling's Show. He was last seen this past season on an episode of HBO's Entourage. Mr. Kirby was only 57.
Stay tuned tomorrow for our first anniversary special!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - The Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 3
2 Broke Girls - "And the Fat Cat" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A handsome businessman returns Max and Caroline’s missing cat, Nancy, who comes home with a big surprise.
The Odd Couple - "Heal Thyself" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Felix’s hypochondria kicks into overdrive when Oscar starts dating the most important person in Felix’s life – his doctor. Erinn Hayes guest stars as Sharon, Felix’s doctor.
Significant Mother - "Welcome to Bonetown" (The CW, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Series Premiere)
Budding Portland restaurateur Nate's (Josh Zuckerman) world is turned upside down when he comes back from a business trip to find his lothario best friend and roommate, Jimmy (Nathaniel Buzolic), is now dating his recently separated mother, Lydia (Krista Allen). To make matters worse, Nate's previously disinterested dad, Harrison (special guest star Jonathan Silverman), is now determined to win Lydia back and isn't afraid to use Nate to get what he wants. Stuck between his family feud and his best friend's first serious relationship, Nate's "new normal" forever changes his relationships with his parents, and severely handicaps his own dating life. Read our review.
Odd Mom Out - "Wheels Down" (Bravo, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Jill is forced to choose between Vanessa's birthday party and Brooke's 1980s prom-themed gala; Andy tells Jill about Lex's relationship with his assistant; at Brooke's event, Candace reveals secrets that shatter the family's perfect facade.
Monday, August 3
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Watch Jerrod on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon are guests on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC and on the AOL Build Show.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Don visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ed Helms (The Office) - Ed is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Free Agents/Gary Unmarried) - Al will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ellie Kemper (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/The Office) - Ellie appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin James (The King of Queens) - Kevin appears on repeats of Rachael Ray and The Real, so check your local listings.
- Eddie Kaye Thomas (Off Centre/American Dad!) - Eddie is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill will be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm and on Entertainment Tonight, so check your local listings. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Anna Chlumsky (Veep) - Anna is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.