Friday, August 18, 2006
Last week we mentioned Boomerang will return Heathcliff & Marmaduke on Sept. 4, looks like that is not happening anymore. Garfield & Friends is still slated to come every night at 8 p.m. starting Sept. 18. They have also announced the returns of Jonny Quest, The Fantastic Four, and Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. All three will be airing in a late night block. They will also air the '60s animated cartoon Batfink on weekends at 12 noon. Due to popular demand, here is the full schedule.
The i Network will be making some changes in early September. Starting September 4, Family Feud and Doc will leave the weekday line-up. Another episode of Green Acres will replace Family Feud at 7:30 p.m. weekdays, while Mon-Thurs at 9 p.m. another episode of Diagnosis Murder will replace Doc. Doc will still air Fridays at 10 p.m. The new NBC kids block premieres Saturday, Sept. 9 on NBC. The i network will re-air that block on Friday afternoons from 3-6 p.m. starting Friday, September 15. Shows like Veggie Tales, Dragon, and Babar are airing. There are no other changes yet, but hopefully we will get some more later in September. I do know that Saturday marathons are being planned. So far we know Green Acres is having one on Aug. 26 and Sue Thomas F.B.Eye is having one on Sept. 2. Bonanza is being planned for Sept. 9 and Doc on Sept. 16. Hopefully they air some marathons from shows from the Sony/Warner library after that. And let's hope we get some changes later in September with more new shows.
Speaking of the i Network, last week's Mama's Family launch marathon did very well for i. The six episodes averaged 830,000 viewers, peaking at over 1 million for 10 p.m. In comparison the rest of the week averaged just 650,000 viewers. Hopefully they will realize now that these reruns will do well for them. I will keep you posted if there are any other changes on the i Network.
Well, today is Friday and I want to wrap the work-week in style. So, let's get to "the chase" (think Carmen Sandiego's fast 'chase' round) in the Friday notes! Former Ally McBeal co-star Jane Krakowski (or as Regis would call her "Krackow"), is joining NBC's new sitcom 30 Rock this fall. Krakowski will be playing the star of The Girlie Show, a network variety show that serves as the backdrop for the workplace comedy. 30 Rock debuts on October 11 and will air on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
Scrubs stars are now playing golf while they wait for their series to come back for new episodes in mid-season! Five of the show's stars will take part in the The Big Break All Star Challenge, a one-hour special airing Tuesday, Aug. 22 on The Golf Channel. The show will feature actors Ken Jenkins (Doctor Kelso), Robert Maschio (The Todd), Neil Flynn (Janitor), Judy Reyes (Nurse Carla) and Johnny Kastl (Doug) participating in a golf event to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The network’s Stephanie Sparks will serve as host. The event features the actors taking part in golf challenges, including breaking glass with golf balls and a long-drive competition, competitions that are a regular part of the network’s Big Break reality series, which launches its sixth season September 26.
Actor Bruno Kirby passed away on Monday. He was battling leukemia. Kirby was best remembered for his movie roles in City Slickers, Harry Met Sally, and The Godfather: Part II, but he was also on TV. He guest starred on sitcoms such as M*A*S*H, Room 222, Detective School, Frasier, Mad About You, and It's Garry Shandling's Show. He was last seen this past season on an episode of HBO's Entourage. Mr. Kirby was only 57.
Stay tuned tomorrow for our first anniversary special!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.