Friday, August 18, 2006
Last week we mentioned Boomerang will return Heathcliff & Marmaduke on Sept. 4, looks like that is not happening anymore. Garfield & Friends is still slated to come every night at 8 p.m. starting Sept. 18. They have also announced the returns of Jonny Quest, The Fantastic Four, and Wait Til Your Father Gets Home. All three will be airing in a late night block. They will also air the '60s animated cartoon Batfink on weekends at 12 noon. Due to popular demand, here is the full schedule.
The i Network will be making some changes in early September. Starting September 4, Family Feud and Doc will leave the weekday line-up. Another episode of Green Acres will replace Family Feud at 7:30 p.m. weekdays, while Mon-Thurs at 9 p.m. another episode of Diagnosis Murder will replace Doc. Doc will still air Fridays at 10 p.m. The new NBC kids block premieres Saturday, Sept. 9 on NBC. The i network will re-air that block on Friday afternoons from 3-6 p.m. starting Friday, September 15. Shows like Veggie Tales, Dragon, and Babar are airing. There are no other changes yet, but hopefully we will get some more later in September. I do know that Saturday marathons are being planned. So far we know Green Acres is having one on Aug. 26 and Sue Thomas F.B.Eye is having one on Sept. 2. Bonanza is being planned for Sept. 9 and Doc on Sept. 16. Hopefully they air some marathons from shows from the Sony/Warner library after that. And let's hope we get some changes later in September with more new shows.
Speaking of the i Network, last week's Mama's Family launch marathon did very well for i. The six episodes averaged 830,000 viewers, peaking at over 1 million for 10 p.m. In comparison the rest of the week averaged just 650,000 viewers. Hopefully they will realize now that these reruns will do well for them. I will keep you posted if there are any other changes on the i Network.
Well, today is Friday and I want to wrap the work-week in style. So, let's get to "the chase" (think Carmen Sandiego's fast 'chase' round) in the Friday notes! Former Ally McBeal co-star Jane Krakowski (or as Regis would call her "Krackow"), is joining NBC's new sitcom 30 Rock this fall. Krakowski will be playing the star of The Girlie Show, a network variety show that serves as the backdrop for the workplace comedy. 30 Rock debuts on October 11 and will air on Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT on NBC.
Scrubs stars are now playing golf while they wait for their series to come back for new episodes in mid-season! Five of the show's stars will take part in the The Big Break All Star Challenge, a one-hour special airing Tuesday, Aug. 22 on The Golf Channel. The show will feature actors Ken Jenkins (Doctor Kelso), Robert Maschio (The Todd), Neil Flynn (Janitor), Judy Reyes (Nurse Carla) and Johnny Kastl (Doug) participating in a golf event to raise money for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The network’s Stephanie Sparks will serve as host. The event features the actors taking part in golf challenges, including breaking glass with golf balls and a long-drive competition, competitions that are a regular part of the network’s Big Break reality series, which launches its sixth season September 26.
Actor Bruno Kirby passed away on Monday. He was battling leukemia. Kirby was best remembered for his movie roles in City Slickers, Harry Met Sally, and The Godfather: Part II, but he was also on TV. He guest starred on sitcoms such as M*A*S*H, Room 222, Detective School, Frasier, Mad About You, and It's Garry Shandling's Show. He was last seen this past season on an episode of HBO's Entourage. Mr. Kirby was only 57.
Stay tuned tomorrow for our first anniversary special!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, July 4
The Millers - "Diggin' Up Bones" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
In an attempt to get Carol to be more daring, Kip encourages her to confront her former Central Elementary School work nemesis at the woman’s retirement party. Molly Shannon guest stars as Miss Pam, Carol’s former work rival.
The Millers - "When the Pope Comes Marching In" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Pope is scheduled to come to town, Nathan’s planned week-long series of reports hits a snag when Ray gets a job offer to become the cameraman for a rival field reporter.
The McCarthys - "Gerard's Engagement Party" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The McCarthy family is reluctant to celebrate Gerard and Katrina’s engagement, but when Gerard gets on the wrong Boston Harbor Cruise ship, Marjorie is forced to bond with her soon-to-be daughter-in-law. Meanwhile, Sean hits it off with Katrina’s mother, and Arthur judges Jackie for how her baby was conceived. Jean Smart guest stars as Lydia, Katrina’s mother.
The McCarthys - "Cutting the Cord" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When the McCarthys realize they have become extremely dependent on one another, they make a family bet to see who can be independent the longest. Meanwhile, Jackie hides her pregnancy while on a date.
Monday, July 6
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Watch Melissa on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) - Hannah appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Tune in to see Cristela on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Damon Wayans Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) - Damon appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nick Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Nick drops by The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld) - John appears on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lea Thompson (Caroline in the City) - Lea is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Raven-Symone (That's So Raven/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/The Cosby Show) - Raven-Symone chats on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less Than Perfect) - Zachary talks about Geeks Who Drink on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on People Now and the AOL Build Show.
- Sara Rue (Impastor/Malibu Country/Less Than Perfect) - Sara discusses her new TV Land comedy Impastor on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashley Tisdale (Clipped/The Suite Life of Zack & Cody) - Ashley is tentatively scheduled to appear on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl is tentatively scheduled to be part of the Plugged-In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso appears on The Boris and Nicole Show, which airs on select Fox-owned stations, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe are guests on People Now.