Thursday, July 27, 2006
Fox Entertainment Group, MSN, HDNet and G4 announced that America's funniest dysfunctional family will get a second shot at enduring fame with the complete three-seasons (53 episodes) of the award-winning comedy, Arrested Development available soon online, on hi-def TV and on basic cable.
MSN will have the exclusive portal rights to syndicate the show for a three-year term, making this critically acclaimed series available to the masses for the first time online. As part of the pact, MSN will produce and launch a new range of interactive entertainment elements to build a community for Bluth family fans, who are ferocious in their devotion to the hilarious, suddenly penniless and equally clueless clan. Later this year, all episodes of Arrested Development will be streamed on MSN(R) Video and available on demand at no cost to MSN customers. Advertising opportunities associated with the online syndication of the series include display and streaming video plus sponsorship packages incorporating MSN media and in-content integration.
HDNet will have exclusive HD television access to the series for three years. The leader in high definition television, HDNet will begin airing Arrested Development episodes in September on its network, which is available through both cable and satellite platforms. HDNet produces a slate of original series and has licensing deals with a number of entertainment providers as well.
G4, the fastest growing network for 2006 and the number one podcasted network in the country, targets the male 18-34 audience. It has acquired the basic cable rights for the series for three years which it will begin airing in October 2006.
For more details and to discuss this news, click here.
The i Independent Television Network will announce their changes to their schedule TOMORROW. Be sure to come here tomorrow to view the changes--it will be exclusive to us FIRST. As I said yesterday, the changes will launch on Monday, August 14, but the entire 6 to 11 p.m. block will not be the new shows from Warner Bros. and Sony. It will only be a few series at start, then early in the fall we will get additional series and by maybe November the entire block will be these shows. And many have asked what they will do for Aug 1 to 13? Well they will continue their current schedule.
So, why are they only putting some shows for the Aug. 14 schedule? And when will they expand the hours from 6 to 11 p.m. to something more? We will try to answer all that tomorrow! It should be a fun Friday! TGIF!
If there is any more news from today, we will post it. So try and come on back later today.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Cooper Extraction" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While Sheldon is away in Texas, everyone gathers to decorate the apartment Christmas tree, and they each realize how much he has changed their lives.
The Millers - "Carol's Parents Are Coming to Town" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Carol's overbearing mother and father announce they’re coming to visit for Christmas, Carol recruits Nate and Tom to cover up their failed relationships and present a happy facade. However, Nate begins to believe the lie, and considers getting back together with his ex, Janice. June Squibb and Jerry Van Dyke guest star as Carol's parents. Eliza Coupe returns as Nathan’s ex-wife.
The Crazy Ones - "The Intern" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sydney’s insecurities about how she is perceived resurface when the bratty daughter of an important client becomes their intern. Ashley Tisdale guest stars as Lewis, Roberts and Roberts’ latest intern.
Two and a Half Men - "On Vodka, On Soda, On Blender, On Mixer!" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Walden helps Jenny get a second date with a one-night stand and Alan’s transgender girlfriend’s ex-wife hits on him. Meanwhile, in the spirit of the holidays, Alan receives a Japanese delicacy from Jake for Christmas, and Walden’s Malibu house is alive with questionable Christmas carol lyrics. Aly Michalka guest stars as Jenny’s one-night stand, Paula Marshall returns as Alan’s transgender girlfriend and Diane Farr guest stars as her ex-wife.
Sean Saves the World - "Best Friends for Never" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Sean (Sean Hayes) finds a new best friend, Tippy (guest star Sarah Baker) who proves to be a handful, after discovering a secret Liz (Megan Hilty) has been keeping. Meanwhile, Max (Thomas Lennon) strong-arms Hunter (Echo Kellum) and Sean to help fix a bulky mistake he made.
The Michael J. Fox Show - "Christmas" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Mike (Michael J. Fox) and Annie's (Betsy Brandt) awesome gift exchange hits a snag when Mike learns he has to anchor the news on Christmas Eve. Ian (Conor Romero) tries to keep the magic of Christmas alive for Graham (Jack Gore). After attending a friend's Hanukkah celebration, Eve (Juliette Goglia) becomes intrigued by the ideals of Judaism. With special guest star: Sting.
Ground Floor - "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Jenny and Mansfield each invite Brody to the same baseball game, Brody has to make a choice. Sit in the nosebleeds with his girlfriend or in the luxury box with his mentor. He ends up making neither happy and has to put things right with a gesture that has the whole stadium watching. Meanwhile Threepeat jockeys for position with Mansfield, and Harvard ends up out of his element in the wonderland that is the company luxury suite.
Anger Management - "Charlie and Lacey Shack Up" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie's hot, bad-girl patient, Lacey, gets sentenced to house arrest and moves in with Charlie.
Thursday, December 12
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Catch Scott on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Alexis Knapp (Ground Floor) - Alexis drops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Rango) - Tim is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ellie Kemper (The Office) - Ellie appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Debra Messing and Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Debra and Eric reunite on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- John C. McGinley (Ground Floor/Scrubs) - John shares behind-the-scenes stories from his new sitcom Ground Floor on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Soleil Moon Frye (Punky Brewster/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch) - Soleil stops by Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace/Breaking In) - Megan is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam will be on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Reno 911!) - Niecy appears on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York at 9:05am.
- The Murphy Brown Cast Reunion - Murphy Brown stars Candice Bergen, Faith Ford, Charles Kimbrough, Joe Regalbuto and Grant Shaud along with creator Diane English reunite to share behind-the-scenes stories in celebration for the show's 25th Anniversary on Katie, so check your local listings.