Sunday, June 04, 2006
- The King of
Queens(CBS) - 6.52 million for the first summer repeat airing.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS) - 4.9 million, a bit of a concern.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Even in the summer scoring in double figures, 10.61 million
- New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS) - 9.09 million for a repeats is very good.
- One on One (UPN), All of Us (UPN), Girlfriends, Half & Half (UPN) - Repeats of these sitcoms did all under 2 million, but steady.
- According to Jim
(ABC) 2 episodes - 8 pm did 4.93 million, but 9pm did a bit better with 5.2 million.
- Rodney (ABC) - All-new burn off episode dropped from lead-in and did 4.89 million.
- Less than Perfect (ABC) - All-new burn off episode did 4.67 million, not good...
- George Lopez
(ABC) - Only 3.93 million.
- Freddie (ABC) - The unaired pilot episode finally aired...no one really watched, just 3.74 million.
The Office (NBC) 4 episodes - Did decent for the summer, 4 episodes did: 4.61, 4.75, 4.82, and 4.65 million.
- Everybody Hates Chris, Love Inc, Eve, Cuts (UPN) - Chris only did well and that is why it will be the only one returning next fall.
What I Like About You, Twins, Reba, Living with Fran (The WB) - All dead last place. Reba was the highest rated one obviously. The rest are canceled shows.
- Hope & Faith (ABC) - The encore of the one-hour season premiere didn't do so well; 2.8 rating.
And tomorrow Sony will officially announce that The Jeffersons Season 5 and The Flying Nun Season 2 will be out on DVD on August 15. I guess those were the sitcoms that they hinted to us last week. I was expecting Seinfeld or maybe some of those "Ladies Night" sitcoms (Maude, One Day at a Time, etc.) but these are good, too, especially Jeffersons!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, April 1
The Middle - "Operation Infiltration" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Frankie accompanies Brick on a school field trip and attempts to help her socially inept son make friends with a couple of boys. Meanwhile, when Devin scolds Axl for being mean to his sister, he tries to make it look like they are the best of friends when Sue spends the weekend at his house; and while trying to thin out some of their hoarding father’s massive stockpile of junk, Mike gets a sinking feeling that he may have bullied his brother Rusty (Norm Macdonald) a bit too much as kids and turned him into the hapless man that he is today.
The Goldbergs - "The Adam Bomb" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Erica gets inspired to put college on hold, in favor of pursuing a singing career, Beverly is worried Erica will be disappointed her dream will not come true. Beverly puts Murray up to the task to have a talk about her future with a surprising result. Meanwhile, Adam and Barry get into an epic war that starts as an April Fools’ joke but ends with more repercussion.
Modern Family - "Grill, Interrupted" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay’s birthday brings everyone together and Phil is beside himself over the super cool gift he got Jay, a high-tech outdoor grill. Claire and Mitch decide they will “offer” to pay back the money Jay loaned them ages ago as their gift not really thinking he will take them up on it, and Gloria teaches Manny and Luke a lesson about drinking, while Andy gets real awkward with Haley when she brings over her new doctor boyfriend.
black-ish - "Sex, Lies and Vasectomies" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow learns from her colleague that Dre never had the vasectomy a few years back that he was supposedly scheduled, so she decides to see if he’ll come clean and tell the truth.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Cookin'" (ABC Family, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi fears for her job when Josh begins dating a woman who loves to cook.
Hot in Cleveland - "All Dolled Up" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Elka is convinced that Bob’s gift to Joy is a voodoo doll. Melanie accidentally doses her boyfriend, Dane (William Baldwin) with estrogen. Victoria gets a visit from her agent (Garry Marshall).
The Soul Man - "Shopping While Black" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When Lolli is wrongfully accused of shoplifting at a posh department store, Boyce rallies the community for a protest. Stamps turns to Lester to help him get rid of his cupcake truck.
Wednesday, April 1
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Watch Jeremy on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. He talks about what it was like to reunite with his Entourage co-stars to make the highly anticipated movie, dating in Hollywood and more on The Merdith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Natasha Leggero (Free Agents) - Natasha is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. He also talks about American Odyssey on VH1's Big Morning Buzz Live at 9am and New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET..
- Maz Jobrani (Better Off Ted/The Knights of Prosperity) - Maz is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Rob Corddry (The Winner) - Rob visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Brooke Shields (Suddenly Susan) - Brooke appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Zachary Knighton (Weird Loners/Happy Endings) - Zachary talks about Weird Loners on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Robyn Lively (George & Leo/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Robyn and Sloane Morgan Siegel talk about their critically acclaimed series Gortimer Gibbon's Life on Normal Street on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Chris Messina (The Mindy Project) - Chris discusses his directorial debut and starring role in Alex of Venice, a drama about a woman who's forced to revaluate her life and career after her husband suddenly leaves her, on HuffPost Live at 11:30am.