Sunday, May 28, 2006
Households: FOX: 15.2/23.4; CBS 7.1/11.1; ABC: 6.5/10.1; NBC: 5.3/8.3; The WB: 1.3/2.1; UPN 1.3/2.0.
Total Viewers: FOX: 26.36 million; CBS: 10.91 million; ABC: 10.17 million; NBC: 7.98 million; The WB: 1.96 million; UPN: 1.79 million.
Adults 18-49: FOX 10.4/26.3; ABC: 3.9/9.9; CBS: 3.4/8.5; NBC: 2.7/6.8; The WB: 0.8/1.9; UPN: 0.7/1.9.
Final May Sweep Numbers:
Households: CBS: 8.1 rating/13 share (- 8 from last season), Fox: 7.0/12 (+ 8), NBC: 6.1/10 (- 3), ABC: 6.0/10 (- 8), WB and UPN: 1.8/ 3 (-22 each).
Total Viewers: CBS: 12.47 million (- 8), Fox: 11.61 (+ 9), ABC: 9.30 (- 5), NBC: 9.16 (- 1), WB: 2.71 (-20), UPN: 2.65 (-23).
Adults 18-49: Fox: 4.8/13 (+ 7), CBS: 3.6/10 (-12), ABC: 3.5/10 (- 5), NBC: 3.1/ 9 (- 3), WB: 1.1/ 3 (-21), UPN: 1.1/ 3 (-27).
Analysis: The final three nights of the season was dominated by Fox, thanks to American Idol and House. Nothing else was even close. ABC's Lost and CBS's CSI: Miami finished strong but everything else didn't compete with Fox's reality juggernaut. On Monday, NBC's Deal or No Deal won the opening hour among total viewers. Fox was strong with the first half of 24's season finale and ABC put up a fight with an Oprah Winfrey special. Lost in the mix were CBS's 8 p.m. hour comedies. 9 p.m. saw a battle between the CBS comedies and the final hour of Fox's 24 season finale. The Apprentice and the first half of ABC's series finale of Alias didn't do so well. Monday's highest rated show, CSI: Miami, scored 19.96 million viewers, more than 2 million from last week when it faced the second half of the monster season finale of Grey's Anatomy. Tuesday was all Fox with American Idol & House, with 31.78 and 25.47 million viewers. Both were up more than 3 million viewers from last week. I wonder if House can still draw 20 million viewers in the fall without American Idol? I have no doubt it will win its hour, but I think it will be in the range of 18-20 million, but come next January, it will be back to 22-25 million. CBS aired the Acedemy of Country Music Awards and did 12.02 million, down from its usual Tuesday average. Law & Order: SVU was not on tonight for NBC and thus NBC was a distant 4th place tonight--NBC aired the 10.5 sequel which bombed. ABC did OK with the new Stephen King movie doing 7.5 million, better than what their comedies did. The last night of the season, Wednesday, it was again Fox, as the Idol season finale was too much for everyone with 36.38 million from 8 to 10 p.m. It peaked in the final half hourwith well over 42 million. Up big from last year by far. Who would have thought a series in its 5th cycle would actually grow from cycle 4? Will CBS or ABC be aggressive next season against AI? The two-hour season finale of Lost on ABC did just fine oppostie AI juggernaut scoring an average of 17.84 million viewers, but it did much better in the 10 p.m. hour when there was no AI. Well that's a wrap to this season. We will be back with analysis in the fall, we will still give you repeat numbers for sitcoms this summer, but the real ratings will return in September! Stay tuned below for final season numbers.
- The King of
Queens(CBS) - 8.39 million for the season finale.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Season finale did very good with 15.51 million.
- New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS) 2 episodes - 8:30 p.m. didn't do as well as How I Met Your Mother would have done, 7.53 million...9:30 did way better with 13.06 million.
- One on One (UPN), All of Us (UPN), Girlfriends, Half & Half (UPN) - Repeats...
Final 2005-06 Season Numbers
September 19, 2005 through May 24, 2006
CBS: 8.2 rating/13 share (- 2 from last season), ABC: 6.9/11 (+ 6), NBC: 6.4/10 (- 2), Fox: 6.2/10 (+ 2), WB: 2.1/ 3 (- 5), UPN: 2.1/ 3 (- 9).
CBS: 12.60 million (- 2), ABC: 10.80 (+ 7), Fox: 10.10 (+ 1), NBC: 9.72 (- 1), WB: 3.12 (- 7), UPN: 3.11 (- 7).
Fox: 4.1/11 (no change), ABC: 4.0/11 (+ 8), CBS: 3.8/10 (- 5), NBC: 3.3/ 9 (- 6), UPN and WB: 1.3/ 3 (- 7).
Fox: 3.9/12 (+ 3), ABC: 3.2/10 (+ 7), CBS and NBC: 2.6/ 8 (-10), UPN: 1.4/ 4 (no change), WB: 1.4/ 4 (- 7).
CBS: 4.8/12 (- 2), ABC: 4.6/11 (+ 7), Fox: 4.4/11 (+ 2), NBC: 3.9/10 (- 7), WB: 1.3/ 3 (- 7), UPN: 1.2/ 3 -14).
- CBS, Fox and ABC all had something to write home about this season. NBC didn't do so well again this season coming in 4th in total viewers and adults 18-49.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 18
Married - "Family Day" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When Russ, Lina, and Jess visit AJ at rehab, everyone's issues come to a head.
You're the Worst - "Fists and Feet and Stuff" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy and Gretchen take their relationship to the next level.
Love That Girl - "The Buckin' Don't Stop Here" (TV One, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Imunique drives Latrell to his commercial audition and ends up landing the role he was going in for.
Thursday, September 18
- Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Catch Kaley on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Anthony Anderson (Black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony appears on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Billy stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Téa Leoni (The Naked Truth/Flying Blind) - Téa talks about her new series Madam Secretary on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She will also be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason visits The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil talks about his recent wedding in Italy and his return to Broadway on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly and her husband Rodney Peete discuss their latest projects on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Katherine LaNasa (Three Sisters) - Katherine talks about her new series Satisfaction on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Nicole Ari Parker (Second Time Around) - Nicole and her husband Boris Kodjoe join the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Dawn Wells (Gilligan's Island) - Dawn discusses her new book (What Would Mary Ann Do? A Guide to Life) on the following radio networks:
8:00 WMMR Philadelphia Preston and Steve
8:08 KSCH Dallas Rod and Dave
8:16 WHBO/WHOO Tampa/Orlando Matthew Sardo and Amanda Borges
8:24 WLAD Danbury, CT Bart Busterna
8:32 CFRB Toronto John Moore
8:40 KFNS St. Louis Chris and DC
8:48 WHQG Milwaukee Bob & Brian
8:56 WOC Cedar Rapids-Davenport, IA Steve and Dan
9:04 WCOL Columbus Woody, Zuko and Kayla
9:12 IHeartRadio-4 networks NY-Charlotte-DC-Phoenix Arroe Collins
9:20 KRLD Dallas Mitch Carr
9:28 KXRK Salt Lake City Kerry Bill and Gina
9:36 WTRC South Bend Mark McGill
9:52 KNLV Lincoln, NE JJ Johnnie James
10:00 KZPS Dallas Bo Roberts and Jim White
10:08 WDHA NY-Metro Jim Monaghan and Kim Mulligan
10:16 WUSN Chicago Ray & Lisa
10:24 Premiere Prep National Mike McCann
10:32 WLTW New York Bob Bronson & Christine Nagy
10:40 WOR New York, NY Mark Simone
10:48 KZRR Albuquerque Swami Rob, Skyler and Mahoney
10:56 WRNQ Poughkeepsie Joe Daily
1:25pm Arrival - 3:00pm (EST): CONFIRMED
Interview - Sirius Radio (National)
Interviewer - 1:40-2:00 - Freewheelin' - LIVE