Sunday, May 28, 2006
Households: FOX: 15.2/23.4; CBS 7.1/11.1; ABC: 6.5/10.1; NBC: 5.3/8.3; The WB: 1.3/2.1; UPN 1.3/2.0.
Total Viewers: FOX: 26.36 million; CBS: 10.91 million; ABC: 10.17 million; NBC: 7.98 million; The WB: 1.96 million; UPN: 1.79 million.
Adults 18-49: FOX 10.4/26.3; ABC: 3.9/9.9; CBS: 3.4/8.5; NBC: 2.7/6.8; The WB: 0.8/1.9; UPN: 0.7/1.9.
Final May Sweep Numbers:
Households: CBS: 8.1 rating/13 share (- 8 from last season), Fox: 7.0/12 (+ 8), NBC: 6.1/10 (- 3), ABC: 6.0/10 (- 8), WB and UPN: 1.8/ 3 (-22 each).
Total Viewers: CBS: 12.47 million (- 8), Fox: 11.61 (+ 9), ABC: 9.30 (- 5), NBC: 9.16 (- 1), WB: 2.71 (-20), UPN: 2.65 (-23).
Adults 18-49: Fox: 4.8/13 (+ 7), CBS: 3.6/10 (-12), ABC: 3.5/10 (- 5), NBC: 3.1/ 9 (- 3), WB: 1.1/ 3 (-21), UPN: 1.1/ 3 (-27).
Analysis: The final three nights of the season was dominated by Fox, thanks to American Idol and House. Nothing else was even close. ABC's Lost and CBS's CSI: Miami finished strong but everything else didn't compete with Fox's reality juggernaut. On Monday, NBC's Deal or No Deal won the opening hour among total viewers. Fox was strong with the first half of 24's season finale and ABC put up a fight with an Oprah Winfrey special. Lost in the mix were CBS's 8 p.m. hour comedies. 9 p.m. saw a battle between the CBS comedies and the final hour of Fox's 24 season finale. The Apprentice and the first half of ABC's series finale of Alias didn't do so well. Monday's highest rated show, CSI: Miami, scored 19.96 million viewers, more than 2 million from last week when it faced the second half of the monster season finale of Grey's Anatomy. Tuesday was all Fox with American Idol & House, with 31.78 and 25.47 million viewers. Both were up more than 3 million viewers from last week. I wonder if House can still draw 20 million viewers in the fall without American Idol? I have no doubt it will win its hour, but I think it will be in the range of 18-20 million, but come next January, it will be back to 22-25 million. CBS aired the Acedemy of Country Music Awards and did 12.02 million, down from its usual Tuesday average. Law & Order: SVU was not on tonight for NBC and thus NBC was a distant 4th place tonight--NBC aired the 10.5 sequel which bombed. ABC did OK with the new Stephen King movie doing 7.5 million, better than what their comedies did. The last night of the season, Wednesday, it was again Fox, as the Idol season finale was too much for everyone with 36.38 million from 8 to 10 p.m. It peaked in the final half hourwith well over 42 million. Up big from last year by far. Who would have thought a series in its 5th cycle would actually grow from cycle 4? Will CBS or ABC be aggressive next season against AI? The two-hour season finale of Lost on ABC did just fine oppostie AI juggernaut scoring an average of 17.84 million viewers, but it did much better in the 10 p.m. hour when there was no AI. Well that's a wrap to this season. We will be back with analysis in the fall, we will still give you repeat numbers for sitcoms this summer, but the real ratings will return in September! Stay tuned below for final season numbers.
- The King of
Queens(CBS) - 8.39 million for the season finale.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Season finale did very good with 15.51 million.
- New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS) 2 episodes - 8:30 p.m. didn't do as well as How I Met Your Mother would have done, 7.53 million...9:30 did way better with 13.06 million.
- One on One (UPN), All of Us (UPN), Girlfriends, Half & Half (UPN) - Repeats...
Final 2005-06 Season Numbers
September 19, 2005 through May 24, 2006
CBS: 8.2 rating/13 share (- 2 from last season), ABC: 6.9/11 (+ 6), NBC: 6.4/10 (- 2), Fox: 6.2/10 (+ 2), WB: 2.1/ 3 (- 5), UPN: 2.1/ 3 (- 9).
CBS: 12.60 million (- 2), ABC: 10.80 (+ 7), Fox: 10.10 (+ 1), NBC: 9.72 (- 1), WB: 3.12 (- 7), UPN: 3.11 (- 7).
Fox: 4.1/11 (no change), ABC: 4.0/11 (+ 8), CBS: 3.8/10 (- 5), NBC: 3.3/ 9 (- 6), UPN and WB: 1.3/ 3 (- 7).
Fox: 3.9/12 (+ 3), ABC: 3.2/10 (+ 7), CBS and NBC: 2.6/ 8 (-10), UPN: 1.4/ 4 (no change), WB: 1.4/ 4 (- 7).
CBS: 4.8/12 (- 2), ABC: 4.6/11 (+ 7), Fox: 4.4/11 (+ 2), NBC: 3.9/10 (- 7), WB: 1.3/ 3 (- 7), UPN: 1.2/ 3 -14).
- CBS, Fox and ABC all had something to write home about this season. NBC didn't do so well again this season coming in 4th in total viewers and adults 18-49.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/07 - Barney Miller - The Complete Seventh Season
04/07 - The Brady Bunch - The Complete Series
04/07 - The Crazy Ones - The Complete First Season
04/07 - Frasier - The Complete Series
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 9th Season
04/07 - King of the Hill - The Complete 10th Season
04/07 - 1600 Penn - The Complete Season 1
04/07 - Wanda at Large - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
04/07 - Wilfred - The Complete Season 4
04/14 - Growing Pains - The Complete Fourth Season (WBShop.com)
04/21 - What's Happening!! - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
04/28 - I Love Lucy - I Love Mom Edition
04/28 - The Jeffersons - Season Seven
04/28 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites: Season 5
04/28 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 24
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Player Hater" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Troy starts to date Bella's nemesis, Charlotte, Bella decides to put their differences aside. However after Bella finds out Charlotte is actually using Troy, she struggles to break the news to her friend.
Monday, April 27
- Jane Krakowski (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt/30 Rock) - Watch Jane on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Kevin Pollak (Mom/Work with Me) - Kevin is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Rhodes (Mr. Rhodes) - Tom appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Cedric stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe chats on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kunal Nayyar (The Big Bang Theory) - Kunal drops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men/The Famous Teddy Z) - Jon appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 1am on BET.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. She also discusses weight loss on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Penelope Ann Miller (A Minute with Stan Hooper/The Popcorn Kid) - Penelope chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. She talks about her latest role in ABC's American Crime on HuffPost Live at 2pm.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.