Sunday, May 28, 2006
Households: FOX: 15.2/23.4; CBS 7.1/11.1; ABC: 6.5/10.1; NBC: 5.3/8.3; The WB: 1.3/2.1; UPN 1.3/2.0.
Total Viewers: FOX: 26.36 million; CBS: 10.91 million; ABC: 10.17 million; NBC: 7.98 million; The WB: 1.96 million; UPN: 1.79 million.
Adults 18-49: FOX 10.4/26.3; ABC: 3.9/9.9; CBS: 3.4/8.5; NBC: 2.7/6.8; The WB: 0.8/1.9; UPN: 0.7/1.9.
Final May Sweep Numbers:
Households: CBS: 8.1 rating/13 share (- 8 from last season), Fox: 7.0/12 (+ 8), NBC: 6.1/10 (- 3), ABC: 6.0/10 (- 8), WB and UPN: 1.8/ 3 (-22 each).
Total Viewers: CBS: 12.47 million (- 8), Fox: 11.61 (+ 9), ABC: 9.30 (- 5), NBC: 9.16 (- 1), WB: 2.71 (-20), UPN: 2.65 (-23).
Adults 18-49: Fox: 4.8/13 (+ 7), CBS: 3.6/10 (-12), ABC: 3.5/10 (- 5), NBC: 3.1/ 9 (- 3), WB: 1.1/ 3 (-21), UPN: 1.1/ 3 (-27).
Analysis: The final three nights of the season was dominated by Fox, thanks to American Idol and House. Nothing else was even close. ABC's Lost and CBS's CSI: Miami finished strong but everything else didn't compete with Fox's reality juggernaut. On Monday, NBC's Deal or No Deal won the opening hour among total viewers. Fox was strong with the first half of 24's season finale and ABC put up a fight with an Oprah Winfrey special. Lost in the mix were CBS's 8 p.m. hour comedies. 9 p.m. saw a battle between the CBS comedies and the final hour of Fox's 24 season finale. The Apprentice and the first half of ABC's series finale of Alias didn't do so well. Monday's highest rated show, CSI: Miami, scored 19.96 million viewers, more than 2 million from last week when it faced the second half of the monster season finale of Grey's Anatomy. Tuesday was all Fox with American Idol & House, with 31.78 and 25.47 million viewers. Both were up more than 3 million viewers from last week. I wonder if House can still draw 20 million viewers in the fall without American Idol? I have no doubt it will win its hour, but I think it will be in the range of 18-20 million, but come next January, it will be back to 22-25 million. CBS aired the Acedemy of Country Music Awards and did 12.02 million, down from its usual Tuesday average. Law & Order: SVU was not on tonight for NBC and thus NBC was a distant 4th place tonight--NBC aired the 10.5 sequel which bombed. ABC did OK with the new Stephen King movie doing 7.5 million, better than what their comedies did. The last night of the season, Wednesday, it was again Fox, as the Idol season finale was too much for everyone with 36.38 million from 8 to 10 p.m. It peaked in the final half hourwith well over 42 million. Up big from last year by far. Who would have thought a series in its 5th cycle would actually grow from cycle 4? Will CBS or ABC be aggressive next season against AI? The two-hour season finale of Lost on ABC did just fine oppostie AI juggernaut scoring an average of 17.84 million viewers, but it did much better in the 10 p.m. hour when there was no AI. Well that's a wrap to this season. We will be back with analysis in the fall, we will still give you repeat numbers for sitcoms this summer, but the real ratings will return in September! Stay tuned below for final season numbers.
- The King of
Queens(CBS) - 8.39 million for the season finale.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Season finale did very good with 15.51 million.
- New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS) 2 episodes - 8:30 p.m. didn't do as well as How I Met Your Mother would have done, 7.53 million...9:30 did way better with 13.06 million.
- One on One (UPN), All of Us (UPN), Girlfriends, Half & Half (UPN) - Repeats...
Final 2005-06 Season Numbers
September 19, 2005 through May 24, 2006
CBS: 8.2 rating/13 share (- 2 from last season), ABC: 6.9/11 (+ 6), NBC: 6.4/10 (- 2), Fox: 6.2/10 (+ 2), WB: 2.1/ 3 (- 5), UPN: 2.1/ 3 (- 9).
CBS: 12.60 million (- 2), ABC: 10.80 (+ 7), Fox: 10.10 (+ 1), NBC: 9.72 (- 1), WB: 3.12 (- 7), UPN: 3.11 (- 7).
Fox: 4.1/11 (no change), ABC: 4.0/11 (+ 8), CBS: 3.8/10 (- 5), NBC: 3.3/ 9 (- 6), UPN and WB: 1.3/ 3 (- 7).
Fox: 3.9/12 (+ 3), ABC: 3.2/10 (+ 7), CBS and NBC: 2.6/ 8 (-10), UPN: 1.4/ 4 (no change), WB: 1.4/ 4 (- 7).
CBS: 4.8/12 (- 2), ABC: 4.6/11 (+ 7), Fox: 4.4/11 (+ 2), NBC: 3.9/10 (- 7), WB: 1.3/ 3 (- 7), UPN: 1.2/ 3 -14).
- CBS, Fox and ABC all had something to write home about this season. NBC didn't do so well again this season coming in 4th in total viewers and adults 18-49.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 1
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj’s “Murder Mystery” party starts some fights within the gang.
Mike & Molly - "Mike & Molly's Excellent Adventure" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly is determined to get Mike out of his routine and tells him to embrace doing anything they want in life.
Two and a Half Men - "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan lets Lyndsey’s boyfriend Larry set him up on a date. Meanwhile, Walden offers to help Nicole with her software project so she’ll have time to date him. Marion Ross makes a special appearance. Jeff Probst returns for a second special appearance.
Partners - "Doug Day Afternoon" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marcus hires a former client and recently paroled ex-convict to work in the office, Allen suspects the once-criminal to have ulterior motives.
Partners - "How to Get a Head in Advertising" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Allen and Marcus decide to make a commercial for their practice, Allen's inflated ego takes the helm and creates a disaster.
Anger Management - "Charlie and the Temper of Doom" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie struggles to control his anger after meeting a hot girl who doesn't date angry guys.
Anger Management - "Charlie Gets Trashed" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes to war with his garbage man.
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.